Chapter XV contamination bug

texmonty

So I'm on chapter fifteen of KOTFE. The Gemini one. And throughout the entire chapter, since being separated from the crew, I've been "contaminated" which stacks and stacks and ultimately gives you about 2 or so minutes to live. I've died I don't know how many times. I die during cutscenes even. I was thinking it was part of the mission, like you have to get to the next checkpoint before you die, but that's all I ever could do, was get to the next checkpoint, die, and then respawn a little further. On some of the longer stretches of running, if I had to stop and fight a mob, I couldn't make it to the checkpoint in time. Finally, I made it to the bridge cutscene, died instantly afterwards because my hp was at 0, and then spawned on the other side of the door which now won't open for me. This whole chapter seems bugged out. I finished the side quest to look for "useful" equipment thinking that might provide a gas mask or something of that nature but no, nothing. Any ideas?

Ah yes 1/14/21 still *********** dying to invisible toxic contamination

• 4 weeks later...

This is STILL an issue. I have now died twice trying to finish this, because coming out of the cut scene to meet the various prisoners, contamination is everywhere. Then I am put back at the beginning of the level with toxic gas throughout.

This is a joke and shows you how little Bioware cares about removing bugs.

• 1 month later...

As of April 4, 2021, I can confirm that this but is alive and well. I've run this chapter probably a dozen times since release and never had it occur until today, on my Agent.

I QT'd to stronghold and will relaunch it, fingers crossed. Thankfully I only have one more character who'll need to be going through ti soon. Probably my least favorite chapter already and that bug just clenches it.

Good luck, folks.

• 4 weeks later...

2021 May 5 and same bug killed me a healer, trapped with no way out.

As a 40 year programmer I think think this shows a true lack of competence to leave in a bug for this many years!

Then again EA sucks as a good product producer for consumers.

Wish I had known this was a bug, got all the way to the Gemini fight with that still happening and was assuming it actually expected me to finish the whole chapter with the DOT... I’ve never been more annoyed at dying with the boss at 2k health left than when I found out the next day that the dot can be bugged and isn’t meant to last that far into the chapter...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm not a rager but I haven't ever been so pissed off in a game. Glad they forced everyone to log out for maintenance today. Otherwise I would still be raging in game. Glad they made me take a break so I could find this post!

• 3 months later...

This is an odd bug. I have played through this chapter with 3 char without coming across this bug. Today playing my sith sorcerer I come across it. I couldn't for my life understand what happened since I have never seen it before.

Anyway I logged out and back in and it was gone

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

NOTE: This isn't a BUG however, more a Feature, so see the Important Note below.

Gemini Deception: Chapter XVbug in Poison Gas Room - poison gas continues even after death from debuff of Contamination and being taken out of room to medical facility. 

• I died in the Gas Room just now, even turned off the one console, yet I forget about their being 2.
  • Then I died, and was taken out of the room, yet the debuff of Contamination continues, in fact 10, 30, 60, even Several Hours and doesn't wear off. 
  • Yet this isn't in fact a BUG, it's simply a FEATURE made by design.

On 10/29/2020 at 3:03 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Yeah, it bugs out sometimes (but only sometimes) and doesn't clear the "poisoned by gas" debuff stack when you clear the gas.

Yea, and I'm surprised because I just did this on a Trooper and it still didn't clear the gas after disabling one, yet see the Important Note below! 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Realize there (2) not (1) consoles & you need to disable BOTH, until both are disabled this continues.  So first time I did this I only cleared 1 console, and didn't disable BOTH; and perhaps that's what I suspect some of you have done. 

If you didn't disable BOTH consoles then your options are only to: 

So good to know these are the two workarounds:

1. Go to your Stronghold
  2. Go to your Personal Starship.
  3. Then hit Play again, and it will return you back to where you were.  If you die in Gas room, make sure you go to Med Facility First.

Hope that helps clarify this for some, I mean I ran into this myself, before I recalled this older mission facts...

Edited by Strathkin

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 2:13 PM, Strathkin said:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Realize there (2) not (1) consoles & you need to disable BOTH, until both are disabled this continues.  So first time I did this I only cleared 1 console, and didn't disable BOTH; and perhaps that's what I suspect some of you have done. 

I'm a trooper and I disabled both consoles but still the gas continued. bug.

I did go to my stronghold and come back and the gas stopped killing me. Thanks to all for the suggestion

BTW: Jan 20, 2024 and this STILL is a BUG.

• Thanks 1

Just did this Chapter the other day (story mode) with my Sage.  Disabled both consoles and had no issue afterwards.

I remembered this room from my JK who died a lot before figuring out the consoles the first time thru 

On Veteran mode, I disabled both consoles and the gas just stayed on, endless death ensued. Are the developers of this game really so lazy as to ignore a large scale issue, that completely breaks the story immersion, with no explanation whatsoever to players who've complained about it for many years? What the hell is wrong with these damn people?

Players want to know that the decisions they make to solve a puzzle actually are meaningful and that those solutions work when they figure them out. So, maybe take your game a little more seriously, SWTOR devs!

Edited by Erikku