Does Arcconn need a Psychiatrist?

Protoaloe

Ok being lvl 70 (female) and now doing the quests etc I took Arconn as Companion because I thought he is probably strong due to having a star behind his name etc. Not discussing his strength,(there is none) but he is driving me nuts with his stupid remarks that go: "Something seems to be bothering you - hope its not me", and " I am not sure what you expect of me" etc. (tthis whilst I am fighting animals in the wilderness to get the medicines for the doctor quest etc.

What is wrong with the guy? problem is you cannot even ask him anything because when you click to reply to his stupid sentences nothing happens but he says " hello..."

I then tried to make him happy then by getting his points up, i.e. he was only 1 and I got him to 8 but that did not help or change anything (wish I had put the points on Lara, Andronicus or Torian etc as companions) I even married him because he was so pitiful. How can I get a divorce?

Maybe I should send him back to Mommy and get me a real man lol

For a long time now, companions all have the same skill-sets. There is no significant difference.

- It's all cosmetic really. Instead of being characters, they are all the same cookie-cutter blandness.

My only advice is to change companion to one you find aesthetically pleasing and/or has more preferable voice-acting. Most of then can wear gear to customize their look.

Giving them gifts increases their damage, heals or ability to take damage, but won't make them more 'affectionate' toward your character.

Whether it was called influence or affection , they are (where) a bit of a misnomer. Companion level or rank would have been more accurate, but it does sound rather cold, for what is supposed to be a partnership.

IMHO they should have left each companion with differing skill-sets. HK is not Kira Carson is not Skadge is not Vette is not Blizz, is not Lokin. - But the studio had no resources to balance companions, so they made them all bland and the same in terms of stats.

Ok being lvl 70 (female) and now doing the quests etc I took Arconn as Companion because I thought he is probably strong due to having a star behind his name etc. Not discussing his strength,(there is none) but he is driving me nuts with his stupid remarks that go: "Something seems to be bothering you - hope its not me", and " I am not sure what you expect of me" etc. (tthis whilst I am fighting animals in the wilderness to get the medicines for the doctor quest etc.

What is wrong with the guy? problem is you cannot even ask him anything because when you click to reply to his stupid sentences nothing happens but he says " hello..."

I then tried to make him happy then by getting his points up, i.e. he was only 1 and I got him to 8 but that did not help or change anything (wish I had put the points on Lara, Andronicus or Torian etc as companions) I even married him because he was so pitiful. How can I get a divorce?

Maybe I should send him back to Mommy and get me a real man lol

Arcann only recently came out of the hate spiral he has been in since he was a child. His mommy issues are because as far as he was concerned, he didn't need her growing up and now his hate has been washed away by Senya's sacrifice, Arcann has over a decades worth of catching up to do, to learn to love again, to trust and to understand. For someone who has never had any of those things, it will be extremely difficult for him more so that he is light aligned now, meaning he needs to avoid the obvious pitfalls along the way.

He needs to reach out to someone and Senya is a support for Arcann as he learns to build a life he never had under the emperor's guidance, if there was any to begin with in the first place. So with Arcann the man you get is one who doesn't understand himself yet, much less the world around him as it is all new again, like he was blind folded all those years only for the blindfold to come away and see things he never saw before.

So does he need someone to help him with his issues? yes, for certain, but are you going to be the one to help him or laugh at him for it instead?:rolleyes:

Arcann probably has issues. He inadvertently killed his brother who was defending their father from Arcann. His sister was tortured as a child and couldn't control her rage - so was shipped off to Nathema - where they kept messing with her brain. He lost his arm and half his face in an explosion. - His father never showed him much affection and his mother was distant or estranged from him.

He's force sensitive, so must be constantly bombarded by thoughts and emotions and corruption from the dark side.

Not to say he's beyond redemption, in that sense... but It'd take a team of analysts to deconstruct his hang-ups and rebuild him from the start. If the Empire can construct whole personalities, such as personality implanting and brain washing, then anything is possible...

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Not to say he's beyond redemption, in that sense... but It'd take a team of analysts to deconstruct his hang-ups and rebuild him from the start. If the Empire can construct whole personalities, such as personality implanting and brain washing, then anything is possible...

Couldn't a healer using the Force just heal him? I am pretty sure the Force is stronger than any analytical work that could be done.