Disappointment of a Game, READ FAST

Julsnet

uhh...actually yah wow had bg's when it first came out....

I wasnt going to post in this thread till I saw this.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You must be a Wrath baby thats why your attention span is too short for TOR.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Mods PLEASE make a new subforum called GameHaters?!

People who have bought this game with REASONABLE expectation would like to use the General Discussion forum for USEFUL critique and discussion.

If the haters get their own subforum then they can QQ to eachother while talking about the SAME issues present in a thousand previous threads. Better yet they can get eachothers' emails and whatnot for further crying of said river...

Reasonable members should simply come up with their favorite snarky catchprase to respond to this CONTINUED drivel. Dont bother with an informed response. They dont care to hear it so dont waste your time.

Just spam these threads with:

"Cool story bro, can I have your stuff?"

Whoever came up with that line is a frakin genius.

Thanks for all this "new" insight OP.

READ FIRST: I posted this yesterday as well, but the SWTOR team locked it because they said I was talking too much about "canceling my account" and not enough on actual feedback, despite there being 2 sentences of me just saying, "Sorry, I will not be subbing next month." They are locking ALL threads that give the game a negative image because everyone is unsubbing, and they know if people read these posts they will also consider. This game is dying already, and they have to censor us now. My last post was randomly closed, not even locked, it literally was deleted from the forums. I took out the 2 sentences about my canceling my account, so they couldn't "lock" it, so instead they flat out deleted the entire thing. The thread DISAPPEARED. No doubt this one will be locked soon, so know this players of SWTOR, the game is dying and they know it, they are taking away the right to rant! Read the entire post fast before they close it for no reason again. I'll see you all panda-side.

Now, here is the original post-

I waited for this game for a long time. I really tried to like it, I kept telling myself it will get better it will get better. It won't, and even if some things change for the better, I am playing RIGHT NOW aren't I? and I want the experience to be enjoyable RIGHT NOW.

Note- when i compare anything to other mmo's, dont say "o go back to wow if it was so good." Im just comparing it so you can better understand what I'm talking about, so stop QQing all over the post. Remember, to each his own. This is MY opinion, and I'm entitled to it, though most of this stuff is one-sided and cant be argued against.

Overall, this game is NOT an mmo. It's a single player RPG with minimum mmo content in it to call it an mmorpg, solely to make money.

-The light and dark side choices are useless. I always wanted to do different choices both dark and light, but in order for it to actual be useful (barely as it is), I have to pick either ALL dark or ALL light choices. This game was supposed to be built on how I control my destiny, yet it rewards the mainstream path and leaves variability to rot

-No chat bubbles. Enough said. And stop commenting that it's an easy fix, because you look like an idiot. If it was an easy fix, it would have been fixed in beta, let alone now after weeks after launch.

-The fact that there are different "instances" for everywhere and everything. If I join a group with someone, I usually have to travel to their "instance" or world pretty much to see and do stuff with them. It's pretty much an entire different server with combined chat functions. Completely destroys a big portion of the social aspect of MMO's. And even worse, you have to wait 30 minutes to switch again to a different instance. So if I have friends or another group to go to, sorry I have to wait 30 minutes.

-PvP is broken, and CANNOT be repaired, at least for a year or two. Mixing all lvls together in warzones?!?!?! ***? Yah balance our health and damage of our moves, but do you honestly think as a lvl 19 I have enough spells to take on a lvl 38 we'll say who has cc's, stuns, and many pew pew moves? I pretty sure whoever thought of this system must have been on something.

-The actual warzones BLOW. Ok huttball is cool at first, but gets old TOO fast. alderran is sooo bad. SO bad. Its small first off, and all u do is aoe and fight around the flag points in one giant mass of people running around in one area.

-The planets r mostly small. its like if earth was a planet, the entire zone would be the size of upstate new york. you call that a planet? there are a FEW fairly sized planets, but u fly by them quickly and never see them again.

-The planets themselves, however small they are, are SO poorly designed and have no open space. The mountains and different environmental terrains make it so I follow a linear path to wherever my quest is. No openness at all. In wow, the zones were so open and I felt free to go wherever, I had breathing space. In this game, it doesn't feel real at all, feels like they wanted to use less memory space so they restriced the environment of the planets, as if they weren't small in the first place.

-The auction house or whatever its called is just a mess. You can't even search for anything. You have to go through of a huge list of detailed options to identify EXACTLY what you are looking for before you can even type anything. If I want to see the prices for something I'm going to sell, I'm not going to spend 5 minutes going through a list to find that out

-operations and flashpoints are so glitched. So many bugs that I feel like its still beta

-the amount of bugs in general, like i said above, they didnt spend anytime at all to fix them

-No option for macros. This can be easily fixed as well, but who knows how long until it will be, if chat bubbles haven't even been implemented

-when you quit the game, it sometimes freezes up and doesnt quit. This has happened on both my high-def gaming i7 laptop and my desktop. It's a hassle to press cntrl+alt+delete and have to wait for the game to be forced quit

-Worst customer service I have EVER seen in my life. Their emails take over 5 days to respond, and the phone lines are even worse. When you call them, a MAJORITY of the time you will here, "Lines are too busy, call again later" and then it hangs up on you. ONE time I got lucky and it put me in que. Guess how long I waited? Over two hours. TWO GODDAM HOURS. No joke, after 121 minutes of leaving the phone on the speaker, I was like **** this and hung up. Didn't even get my problem solved. The reasoning for this will be explained in the next problem below, so read on

-Ques for both getting to the game and the actual site. Wait, the actual site? Since when does a website have a que? And no, don't even think about saying, "its because a lot of people play the game," No. The servers just blow. Only ~1.5 million players currently play the game, so if your site/servers can't handle THAT, then that's just sad. Vanilla wow had ques too, but it was only about 5-10 mins MAX. And that was only for the actual game. It's so sad to even say that a website has que problem, and the fact that it's not because there are a lot of people going on it makes things worse.

-No social aspect to game. The chat is soo annoying. More in aion but also a bit in wow, you could customize your chat so you have for example, on tab for general chat, one for only regular chatting with people around you, one tab for party chat, one for guild, or you could even mix a tab to have like guild and party chat. In this, all you have is one social tab and one combat tab. The social chat is filled with the General [barrens] chat of people randomly talking about stuff, so a lot of times you miss people who try and talk to you. Its already hard enough to talk without chat bubbles, this makes it near impossible.

-When you target someone and you use a spell, it follows them wherever they go, so you cant kite people. If your a melee character and are running around say a ranged dps, they will ALWAYS hit you with the spell/attack because the character auto locks on you while your are casting/charging, so it will turn on its own in the same spot and if the enemy goes behind you, it turns around on its own. Horrible for melee characters

-Some moves you have to wait until the animation is finished before you can actually do anything else. For example, if you are a sith inquisitor, you have to wait for the character to actually move his hands in a dumb motion to cast Static Barrier before I can cast another spell. In pvp and sticky pve situations, it really is the difference between life and death.

-Certain/Numerous buggy things in the interface. One is when I right click on a name in the chat to whisper or do an action do, it doesn't work often times and I have to click a bunch of times before it works. It's really annoying when the general chat is going through so fast.

-Inspecting is so hard to get to, you have to right click the character, then scroll to Other Actions, and then go to the drop down list to actually get to it. Inspect is one of the most used actions from player to player, so why is it so hard to get to? People arent standing still most of the time, they are moving, so taking a long time to get to a command that only works when they are next to you is so dumb.

-Ships. No they arent YOUR own ship. You just go inside, and watch a 5 second animation of light speed to another planet, then your out. They should have had like mini games or something for ships, or allowed people to go in your ships. you could have even decorated the inside of your ship in different ways or had at least some sort of customization besides the unnoticed gear that you attach for space battles. Had multiplayer interactions/stuff u know? Even runescape had player owned houses where other people could come inside and do lots of fun stuff in.

-Space combat was just another addition they added for it to look good so people buy the game, but then see it is such a joke. Its like a cheap rip off of Star Fox. you go in a linear path shooting stuff. Like, if you ever played super smash bros, you know when you beat the 1p part, at the end your the gunner of a fake ship or something and you shoot the names of the people as they go by in space? Kind of like a playable credits. Thats pretty much the same thing as space combat in swtor.smh

-crafting is HORRENDOUS. You dont even craft, your companions do. I could get max lvl stats in all my crew skills by standing in one spot for hours. You don't do anything, you just send your companion off to gather stuff, then send em off again to make stuff out of what they gathered.

-Companions ALWAYS get in the way. Everytime I run into someone I need to talk to, my companion for some reason ALWAYS has to go right in front of me and block me from being able to press the character. No, I dont want to ****in talk to ur ugly face every goddam minute khem, Get the **** out of my way.

-Voice acting and visual customization: The thing they spent the most time and money on, voice acting, and its not even that great. At first, yes its pretty good, but thats only because its new and you havent seen any other mmo with this depth of voice acting. but after a while, you notice the same voices from everyone. Not only that, but a lot of your own replies are the same. "This is beneath me Ill do it" and corny lines like that are frequently used in the EXACT same tone. And visual customization is even worse. In aion, the customization for your characters was the best I've ever seen in my life. It's the exact opposite in this game. You see a lot of familiar faces in different NPC's that you interact with. Only difference is one might have a mustache while the other doesn't.

Now, I know in the future, SOME of these things MIGHT be fixed, probably not even fully. But like I said in the beginning, I'm playing this game now. I'm lvling and experiencing the game NOW. I don't want to wait until some of these major issues are fixed to fully enjoy the game. Sorry BioWare, you should have sticked with what you were actually good at, single player RPGs. You can have the $60 I paid for the game as a donation for actually attempting to make an mmo.

Looks like its pandas for me...peace

rage. wall of random text. /slashwrists.

Actually his analogy is far better than yours. 1908 in the history of cars is in about the same location as 2004 in the history of MMO's.

MMO's have changed much more rapidly in the last 7 years than cars have.

No it's not. It's mind boggling how little the genre has changed in the past 7 years. And it's equally mind boggling how rapidly automobiles have advanced in the past decade.

What a long list of regurgitated drivel, most of wich is being worked on as we speak.

I've been in the MMO genre a loooong time now and i've learned a few things. One is ppl that are going to quit do so with out a wimper, they just leave, ppl like you however stick around for years and cry every day on the forums.

Edited by TKMaster

Why do people think we care if they gona cancel their subs or not...

Because BioWare is at least $300 Million in the hole for this game. If people start dropping subs, the quality of support, updates, infrastructure and the entire operation - degrades. Why do you think pre-ordering was such a HUGE deal for them? Positive Cash Flows are king.

So if you personally don't care people are cutting out, that's fine - but Bioware does, because this isn't a 10 million subscriber game yet, so stop pretending it is, or will be as the current client stands.

I actually believe that the OP made some compelling albeit crude points. It seems BioWare left out some key advancements that have been made in MMO gaming, and it's bothering a lot of people.

It's DUMB there are no chat bubbles. It really is. Same with no sounds for emotes. Really, not even a gloating laugh for my Sith?

The single pool queue for PvP is silly. It's just mean to send a level 11 up against heat seeking missiles.

GTN Ui needs to be re-written. And it's a little sad to see no animated portraits.

Limited Class design is also bothersome. There are 20 specs available, with 16 unique. Granted the abilities and animations may be different, but lets not lie to ourselves and say that Wither and Slow Time (Assassin + Shadow Tank Ultimate Tree Talent) are different.

Cutting off third party mod development, macros and the like are frankly, rather arrogant moves in my view. Don't try and hold an iron grip over your game. Every one who put the $50++ to buy the game, get in early and test it - we're all vested stakeholders in the game, so don't play the "we know what's best" game, because you'll end up like Warhammer.

I really like this game, but admittedly, I'm spoiled - I played a game that had years of development, feedback and evolution. This game is still learning how to walk. I do hope however, there are significant upgrades to performance, interface and client stability in the next sixty days...

It will be a shame if this gets locked, because you are sooo true about most of your arguments. I do believe that most of these things will change on the long run. I still like the game as it is.

I dread the day that PvP players will come to shout here that some skills will be nerved. That will be the day that it's going down hill. From than on I will evaluate my gaming experience on a day to day basis.

Not as it is now. Some classes are a little weak, but I never seen class skills upgraded in my MMO experience.

You are right about your complains, and please leave. There is still a lot off good in the game and only time will tell what Bioware will do to that.

I don't know, I don't care, but I do care that BioWare removes threads such as this one that contains no flamatory material, only solid criticism of a game that still has many flaws.

I'm not canceling, but the reason this thread is getting so much attention is that Bioware continually for all the wrong reasons keep closing it. Let the OP vent. At least his criticism is constructive (most of it).

Not inflammatory? His "criticism" is poorly-researched ranting, and he flat out accuses Bioware of misrepresenting their product in order to make more money.

The mods are correct to remove this sort of thing. If he wants to share his thoughts in a form that isn't "I'm quitting this game, Bioware lied to us," I'd bet ten to one the post wouldn't be deleted.

Can't believe you spent so much time writing a novel on a game you dislike so much. Just leave.

If Bioware doesn't want feedback on what is wrong with their game and just wants people to leave quietly in the sun they will fall flat on their face like other MMOs did and removing their posts is a sure fire way to upset people so they WON'T give the game a second chance after several months, the one super thing Rift did was actually hear out the people saying what is wrong and effectively communicate with their community on the forums I sadly can not say that with this game.

Can't believe you spent so much time writing a novel on a game you dislike so much. Just leave.

Pretty sure his purchase of the game warrants him the right to moan and groan as much as he wants. Here's your own advice. If you don't like it, don't read it, or spend time replying to it. Hypocrite.

Pretty sure his purchase of the game warrants him the right to moan and groan as much as he wants. Here's your own advice. If you don't like it, don't read it, or spend time replying to it. Hypocrite.

Pretty sure it doesn't. Find me where in the product such a "right" is outlined.

Entitlement much?

OP's alternate account? Reading the first few paragraphs were enough to realize his complaints are baseless.

LOL. That's funny. I didn't realize the ToS strictly prohibited you from being entitled to your own opinion.

Being entitled to your own opinion =/= being entitled to fill the game's general forum with unfocused ranting. Free Speech does not apply to privately owned internet forums.

If Bioware doesn't want feedback on what is wrong with their game and just wants people to leave quietly in the sun they will fall flat on their face like other MMOs did and removing their posts is a sure fire way to upset people so they WON'T give the game a second chance after several months, the one super thing Rift did was actually hear out the people saying what is wrong and effectively communicate with their community on the forums I sadly can not say that with this game.

I agree, but in order to be beneficial there needs to be a solution accompanied with said problem. Provide some constructive feedback and alternatives with all the problems instead of just saying "such and such is terrble" "this system bows" etc etc

Being entitled to your own opinion =/= being entitled to fill the game's general forum with unfocused ranting. Free Speech does not apply to privately owned internet forums.

My favorite part was the 'READ QUICK!' followed by a blob of red text about why we should read quick that made me not even want to finish the rest of his post.

For the future post you will be making in the months to come because we all know you won't be quitting, keep your points short and concise. It prevents you from going off on rants that make your post more difficult to read.

More does not equate to better.

I agree, but in order to be beneficial there needs to be a solution accompanied with said problem. Provide some constructive feedback and alternatives with all the problems instead of just saying "such and such is terrble" "this system bows" etc etc

Some of the things people are complaining about are simple "Put it in" solutions, I mean would you like people to make a long drawn out step by step plan to include chat bubbles? No! Just put them in! I have also seen well thought out posts with no harshness in them being deleted or locked.