The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Onderon Daily Mission Feedback

EricMusco

My Feedback on Onderon's Daily Missions (Empire)

The name / location of the Mission.

"[DAILY] Proving Your Worth" from "Royal Guard Commander" (-781,-310,99)

Your faction / Class.

Imperium / Powertech-Tank iR266 / Gault-Lv8-Heal

Is the Mission clear on what is required of you?

The symbol is "Mission Offer", not "Repeatable Mission". This is irritating.

You have a 2 minute time limit, but no countdown timer.

(e.g. "[DAILY] Collecting Raklings" from rakghoul event have a countdown timer)

Is the Mission too easy or difficult?

The difficulty was appropriate.

"Onderon Collector" from "Datapad" (-621,-130,47)

Your faction / Class.

In my log the mission is listed under "ONDERON DAILY QUESTS", but the mission ist not repeatable.

Listing all missions under "ONDERON" would be better.

I finished the mission, but it was not too easy.

The respawn time is too long. A maximum of one hour would be nice.

"[DAILY] Patrol: Onderon" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (-725,-291,96)

Your faction / Class.

In my log the mission is listed under "ONDERON", not under "ONDERON DAILY QUESTS".

I can imagine why this is so, but listing all missions under "ONDERON" would be better.

Then there would be additional information that the mission not count for

"[WEEKLY] Daily Area: Onderon", would be good.

"[DAILY] Good Hunting" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (-725,-291,96)

Your faction / Class.

The Item Recovery email (Beast Lure) comes, if you accept the mission

(and not deleting from yesterday) and after you finish the mission. This is irritating.

"[DAILY] Rooftop Rumble" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (-725,-291,96)

Your faction / Class.

Nothing to complain about.

Every spawn of the relay defenders have different strengths. I think that's good.

"[DAILY] Recording History" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (-725,-291,96)

Your faction / Class.

The crosshair of the macro binoculars does not light orange, otherwise the mission was clear.

Edit:

"[DAILY] Royal Reconnaissance" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (-725,-291,96)

Your faction / Class.

The mission is clear, but as a Scoundrel (Republic) I can see all the "Surveillance Device".

That is very irritating.

"[DAILY] Forgotten Treasures" from "Archaeologist Maheyya" (-735,-280,96)

Your faction / Class.

The conversation does not display subtitles.

The dialogue can be read in the chat, should you have turned off the sound.

Edited by SchnellesWiesel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faction/Class: Imperial / Sorcerer DPS

This is a laundry list of observations and issues.

• Guild Ship does not list "Onderon" for parking at nor for orbital support
  • Imperial Forward Operating Base taxi can't get to most of the nodes its connected to (despite there being direct lines), gives "Not in range" error.
  • [Rooftop Rumble] after clicking comm tower and killing mob, comm tower disappeared and couldn't be clicked a second time (despite the mission requiring it)
  • Invisible walls on roofs in town as well as exhaustion zones on rocky outcroppings in the middle of the map - please remove all of these and leave the invisible walls/exhaustion zones for the actual boundaries of the instance
  • Archaeological Site taxi point - why is the quick travel node so far from the taxi dropoff and kinda hidden behind the tent?
  • Mastery datacron: need a visual indication of how long you have before whatever it is kills you, like a murder gas or a floor highlight or something
  • Mastery datacron: spike clearance on the jumps is overly sensitive, and many times it kills when in reality you should easily have cleared it
  • Imperials are able to quick travel to the republic base "Forward Operating Base" and then the turrets shoot you
  • [Good Hunting] mission item not highlighting within the area like it's supposed to (but is clickable anyway)
  • [Onderon Collector] Necklace can't be clicked.
  • [Onderon Collector] Saber can't be clicked.
  • No medical droid/vendors near any of the QT points? Umm...
  • No crafting nodes on Onderon? Sadface, given how long it takes to run gathering missions for grade 11 stuff now
  • No subtitles appear for the conversation with Archaeologist Maheyya when picking up mission [Forgotten Treasures]

Things I would like to see added:

• [Onderon Collector] Assuming this is a 1-time quest - Add 4 more items and make them harder and harder to get to and find, like on top of some of these rocky outcroppings, and add an achievement and title to the quest. Remove the map indicators for where they are to make it more challenging.
  • Add rare spawn achievement missions w/cool loot like the hogs on rishi or the Harbinger on Oricon
  • Several lore objects for Loremaster of Onderon title
  • Add several rare spawn creatures for Beastmaster of Onderon title
  • Add gathering nodes for crafting pls
  • Hidden areas with more achievements and/or codex entries
  • Conquest boss in each base
  • I would love to see an operation (or maybe a solo instanced boss? a force ghost of one of the famous dead Sith like Tulak Hord or whatever?) in the vein/aesthetic of the Ancient Sith Crypt at the Archaeological site/dig.

I have to say, I love the look/design of the planet, and would love to have even more areas to explore on it. I also really like the design of all the indoor locations, like the main base, the archaeological site catacombs, etc. I'd love to see some other things to do that require mindless grinding/farming.

Edited by Citrienne

By my one-time run-through (10/12 so far) the Onderon daily missions seem to work fine as a general thing. Listed here are really just quibbles. (Bytheway, I kinda like multi-day weeklies like Iokath - but it seems to be one of the many things in which I'm in a distinct minority, looking at the amount of whining/complaining I see in-game and out of it.*shrug*)

The missions were clear enough; specific mechanics were simple enough to figure out with a few minutes' headscratch and/or random clicking, at most. The map locator worked fine.

The first time I wanted to use a lure, I had to track it down in inventory. After doing this a couple times, it started appearing as a clickable in the mission tracker.

I out-clevered myself by trying to find a platforming route to the rooftop fight. I still think the route I figured out would have worked if it hadn't been for that glass wall. Only after hitting that did I look for and find the big freakin' ladder... :jawa_redface: It worked fine after that.

Ran into the same problem others have mentioned with the Collector sequence: in my case it was Kith's saber that I found and couldn't click. You'd think with only three others on the planet, cooldown wouldn't be an issue, but if that's what it is, that's extremely frustrating. Plus some of the items are really a strain for these old eyes to pick out. It would help if I had some freakin' clue as to what these things look like (for example, the exoskeleton: I haven't found it, is it in a box? A pile of folded-up exoskeleton pieces? A fully assembled exosuit?). I suppose that's supposed to be part of the "fun," but...:jawa_frown:

Nothing really to do with dailies testing, but: med droids, more numerous hostile mobs, crafting nodes, blablabla. I'm sure all that will be added in for release.

The only other comment that comes to mind right now is that it would be nice to see rewards besides credits and renown; again, not a thing about dailies testing, but thought I would kick that in. Rep items (will there be Onderon rep?), maybe some minor drops or something.

Edited by Lord_Thorne

Personal opinion on "Onderon Collector" quest:

First of all it shouldn't be daily, with these respawn timers.

Second...

/rant

Cease and desist with these insanely long respawns.

Erase them from your ideas and never touch again.

Ever.

I can get behind the idea of finding hard to find things.

I'm completely against waiting for more than a minute LOOKING AT IT and unable to do anything. (assuming it's a feature and not a bug, since Dantooine quest exist on Live.)

Make another one spawn at different location or something.

Make a prerequisite of bringing water from Tatooine moisture vaporator to Hoth highest mountain to freeze it and after consuming, killing some world boss naked with no weapons within 1 minute using legacy brawl abilities. (no, it's not a suggestion, lol)

Anything.

This and Dantooine collector quests are absolutely terribly designed creations.

/rant over

My Feedback on Onderon's Daily Missions (Republic)

"[DAILY] Blinding the Enemy" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (706,-282,88)

Your faction / Class.

In my log the mission "[DAILY] Cutting Off the Head (Bonus)" is listed under "ONDERON",

not under "ONDERON DAILY QUESTS". Listing all missions under "ONDERON" would be better.

Why the "daily" in the mission name? It is a bonus mission and no independent daily mission.

If you abandon the mission, you can not repeat the mission because the mission item

"Surveillance Team Leader Coordinates" will not drop anymore. Maybe you can repeat the mission if

you abandon the mission "[DAILY] Blinding the Enemy".

If you leave the personal phase during the fight, the marker on the world map disappears.

You can not reset the mission to start the conversation again.

When you re-enter the personal, the enemy is marked as an enemy, but it does not attack.

As soon as you attack him, he attacks you again.

"[DAILY] Combing the Wreckage" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (706,-282,88)

Your faction / Class.

Republic / Scoundrel-Heal iR267 / Risha-Lv50-Damage

The mission is clear, but as a Powertech (Empire) I can see all the "Ship's Logs".

"[DAILY] Capture and Release" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (706,-282,88)

Your faction / Class.

The Item Recovery email (Pacification Darts) comes, after you finish the mission. This is irritating.

Mission "Hunting License Revoked (Bonus)" has no mark on the world map.

"[DAILY] Bag and Tag" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (706,-282,88)

Your faction / Class.

Task "Defeat the Aggressive Beast" remains, even if the enemy disappears, evades or if you die.

You have to reset the mission. It would be better if the mission automatically resets to the previous task.

"[DAILY] Scorn for the Dishonored" from "Console" (680,-310,88)

Your faction / Class.

The conversation does not display subtitles. The dialogue can be read in the chat, should you have turned off the sound. Mission "Eliminate the Supplies (Bonus)" has no mark on the world map.

"[DAILY] Proving Your Worth" from "Royal Guard Commander" (729,-251,95)

Your faction / Class.

The symbol is "Mission Offer", not "Repeatable Mission". This is irritating.

There is no exact time limit in the mission description. but probably also two minutes.

"[DAILY] Feed's Gone Dark" from "Onderon: Mission Board" (706,-282,88)

Your faction / Class.

"Motion Tracking Device" is much harder to spot compared to "Surveillance Device".

As a Powertech (Empire) I can see all the "Motion Tracking Device". This is irritating.

"Onderon Collector" from "Datapad" (476,-225,82)

Your faction / Class.

In my log the mission is listed under "ONDERON DAILY QUESTS", but the mission ist not repeatable.

Listing all missions under "ONDERON" would be better.

I found all the items, but it was not too easy.

The respawn time is too long. (or is a bug?)

I found 10 daily missions with my Powertech.

I found 9 daily missions with my Scoundrel.

If I find the last mission, maybe I'll edit my post.

Edited by SchnellesWiesel

First of all, Onderon is amazing.

Second, can we finally move away from “you need two days to finish a weekly” trend? I understand the reason behind this, we visit the planet more often and basically do two bunches of dailies instead of one, but it’s not player friendly.

Some notes:

• [Rep] Combining the Wreckage
    I found the first datapad but it wasn’t clickable. Switched to PvP instance and found it in different place, it was clickable this time. I didn’t have any problems with the other objects in the quest chain. Looks like respawn timer for the first datapad has to be significantly shortened.

• [Rep] Capture and Release
    It took some time to figure out what I’m supposed to do after taming the creature, haven’t noticed the cages at first. Maybe make cages glow while the quest is active? It also concerns me that different players may not be able to use the same cage and quest will turn out to be hard to finish when there’re too many people doing the same mission.

• [Rep] Feed’s Gone Dark
    Small yellow areas where you’re supposed to put tracking devices are hard to notice behind all those plants and trees. I was wandering in circles looking for markers and ended up in the exhaustion zone on the top of some hill. Maybe mark those spots with yellow beams like in Ossus dailies?

• Onderon Collector
    As others have already mentioned, objects are unclickable. Reminds me of While You’re Out There mission on Dantooine which is almost impossible to complete since items are never active.

• Imp dailies seem to be a bit longer than Rep ones but they were easier to figure out. I haven’t encountered any issues.

• There're 9 dailies for Republic players and 10 for Imperials.

• Bonus missions give inconsistent amount of credits, from 14k to 5-6k. Bonus mission in Imp daily Destroy Republic Supply doesn’t grant credits at all.

• There’re black cracks on the ground in several areas. Looks scary.

Edited by Ollmich

Hey folks,

Onderon's daily missions are now available for testing! In order to access Onderon, talk to the travel droid at the Odessen base camp (right near the boost terminal). Let us know your thoughts and be sure to include:

• The name / location of the Mission.
  • Your faction / Class.
  • Is the Mission clear on what is required of you?
  • Is the Mission too easy or difficult?

Thanks!

-eric

well being i have only done those missions no more than 2 times, maybe even only 1 time (dont recall), it is very hard to recall all of which is more difficult or which is more easy.

1. One thing i do know that is TOO difficult, is the one where you have to set fire to and destroy certain altars in the jungle. IT IS NOT READILY APPARENT what must be done there (despite the red, green, yellow circles on the ground and on the altar itself).

2. WHY are you all (devs) SUCH SADISTS with the SUPER LONG COOLDOWN on the Exploration Collector items that you have to right click in blue? WHY do you do that?? You guys did the same STUPID thing on Dantooine and frankly it is MADDENING and DOES NOT CAUSE someone to want to do any of the rest of the ones they find, if they ever find even one!! WHY? BECAUSE THEY CANNOT CLICK ON THEM!!!!!!!!! because the COOLDOWN IS SUPER TOO LONG!!! PLEASE STOP THAT STUPID stuff, ok??? :(

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Also, Onderon is supposed to be TEEMING with JUNGLE LIFE and yet, it is DEAD QUIET and i cannot barely hear any signs or SOUNDS of animals and creatures therein. You need to add like 200% MORE ANIMAL JUNGLE SOUNDS to the ambient/atmosphere of the entire planet (screeching, growling, crying, mating calls, and a lot of other animal sounds!!!!!) IT IS TOO QUIET!

4. STUPID EXHAUSTION ZONES and RIDGE LINE BARRIERS and INVISIBLE WALLS -- those are not so bad on the EDGES of the map, but you WEIRDOS put them ALL OVER the MIDDLE of the map!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!

And YES WE SHOULD be allowed to jump / platform / parkour around ON EVERYTHING that is not the edge of the map ... PLEASE REMOVE all those STUPID invisible walls and let us jump up on top of the ridge lines that are still INSIDE the map.

5. Also, the underground Mastery datacron .... OMG!!!!!!!! IT AUTO KILLS ME!!! Not just on the puzzle terrain which is not my real complaint (i expect that if i fail the puzzle), but it does so, AFTER i get past all of that and get the datacron, IT AUTOKILLS ME RIGHT AFTER i get the datacron and the cut scene had already played! And it never shows up in my Legacy or Achievements window!!! WHY??? Either it is bugged or it is IMPOSSIBLE because once i get the dang thing, i should be allowed to die if i fail on my way out .... it is stupid to take it away from me after i already got it and the cutscene played that out.

6. LOOT CRATES, Galactic "Renown" (Command) crates ... they drop only ONE ITEM now, instead of always 3-4.... THAT STINKS!!!!!! And the gear is almost always CRAP!!! The few upgrade items i did get, in green, DID help .... but i NEVER ONCE got a tactical unit. WHY??? I did all the 5 flashpoints... 3 in story and 2 in veteran, and NEVER DID I GET ANY REAL GOOD stuff.... smh

So far, those 6 things are the only complaints i can think of, right now.

Also one thing i did really like: the LADDERS. PLEASE, in the future, DO MORE OF THOSE kind of THINGS from now on!!!! STILL WAITING on a SWIMMING ACTION for lakes and bodies of water that are MORE than waist deep, too! And i am really looking forward to changing some of my characters to Nautolan as well! :)

And i LOVE the new separate crafting mat container. GTN is also very different in categories too... nice!

Edited by lightningseven

Proving Your Worth

As a republic player, if I'm careful, run fast and use my cooldowns, I can run in to the Hunting Lodge. Once inside, and I de-aggro, I can pick up what I assume is an Imperial quest Proving Your Worth from the questgiver directly outside the Hunting Lodge entrance if I'm fast before the turrets target me. Haha!

It would help if I had some freakin' clue as to what these things look like (for example, the exoskeleton: I haven't found it, is it in a box? A pile of folded-up exoskeleton pieces? A fully assembled exosuit?). I suppose that's supposed to be part of the "fun," but...:jawa_frown:

It's a droid arm in a box.

I love the Saboteur bonus mission, but...

...would an imperial soldier really believe a member of the republic without confirmation?

well being i have only done those missions no more than 2 times, maybe even only 1 time (dont recall), it is very hard to recall all of which is more difficult or which is more easy.

5. Also, the underground Mastery datacron .... OMG!!!!!!!! IT AUTO KILLS ME!!! Not just on the puzzle terrain which is not my real complaint (i expect that if i fail the puzzle), but it does so, AFTER i get past all of that and get the datacron, IT AUTOKILLS ME RIGHT AFTER i get the datacron and the cut scene had already played! And it never shows up in my Legacy or Achievements window!!! WHY??? Either it is bugged or it is IMPOSSIBLE because once i get the dang thing, i should be allowed to die if i fail on my way out .... it is stupid to take it away from me after i already got it and the cutscene played that out.

You need to race back out to get the bonus (whole thing is supposed to be an Indiana Jones feel to it).

Whoever decided the new daily area should be "starring in an Indiana Jones movie in Star Wars" needs a raise because I am in love. The rooftop rumble quest, amazing.

Also, I was doing these in heal spec Operative with a level 17 Vector and no augs or left side plus 220 mods/armoring/enhance, so this should be doable for returning players or ungeared ones.

In Onderon Collector, Kith Mark's saber was unclickable.

Edited by DragonLadyK

It's modeled after Indiana Jones. When he takes the idol in Raiders of the Lost Arc, he has to make it out before the boulder crushes him. In this case, once you get out of the cut scene, it's a race against time to get out before the timer kills you. I don't know if there's supposed to be a mystery gas that isn't showing up on the PTS or whatever, but just haul butt the second you're out of the cut scene, make it out of the instance before dying, and its yours.

Here's a clip of me getting it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474647560

Edited by Citrienne

Made Onderon with my Madness Sorcerer (Level 75, 257 Gear) and Level 50 Companion (Healer).

Had no problems, was easy going.

Found two Datacrons, Mastery and Presence.

The Presence Datacron was easy to get but the other one was realy hard.

Edited by Karak_Nul

Does anyone know the respawn time of the collector items? I waited as long as an hour for Queen Talia's necklace, even swapped instances several times.

No respawn of "Queen Talia's Necklace" and "Kith Kark's Saber" after 5 hours. I finished the mission when a new instance appeared. Apparently it's like on Dantooine. Items can only be clicked when a new instance appears.

Am I the only one having a super hard time with some of these?

Imp side.

[Daily] Recording History

- Scan the lair of the Untamed

--- I can't figure out how or where to scan this thing. the little scan directional symbol on the map is placed on the side of a rocky hill that is an exhaustion zone. I know where the lair is, but every time I point my scanner at it, nothing lights up. I click everywhere, cannot complete it. I've tried with several different positions. :confused:

Another Daily (actually not sure what this one is)

--- Directs me towards the Southern cave, shows two green objective markers in the cave, but there's nothing there to do. Nothing to click on. No description on the map of what this daily even is.

I only managed to complete five of them. The Rooftop Rumble one looks interesting. Just didn't quite figure out how to get all the way there.

Onderon is super pretty, by the way. I really like it. It's just a huge map, so the dailies seem to take a bit longer than e.g. Ossus.

Edited by teclado

On my Imp Sniper, I can't finish [Daily] Recording History. I have tried for over an hour from every point possible on the map but can not scan the lair of the Untamed. I've tried scanning the entrance, his tusks, the balcony, his eye sockets, the entire mountain and can't find what I'm supposed to zoom in on. I've died standing exactly where that symbol is to stand to scan so that can't be right. Is it bugged?

Am I the only one having a super hard time with some of these?

Imp side.

[Daily] Recording History

- Scan the lair of the Untamed

--- I can't figure out how or where to scan this thing. the little scan directional symbol on the map is placed on the side of a rocky hill that is an exhaustion zone. I know where the lair is, but every time I point my scanner at it, nothing lights up. I click everywhere, cannot complete it. I've tried with several different positions. :confused:

Another Daily (actually not sure what this one is)

--- Directs me towards the Southern cave, shows two green objective markers in the cave, but there's nothing there to do. Nothing to click on. No description on the map of what this daily even is.

I only managed to complete five of them. The Rooftop Rumble one looks interesting. Just didn't quite figure out how to get all the way there.

Onderon is super pretty, by the way. I really like it. It's just a huge map, so the dailies seem to take a bit longer than e.g. Ossus.

Your not alone. I too can not scan the Untamed lair. I also forgot, yeah, I saw those two makers in the cave. Forgot to report that issue. As for Rooftop, well, I could tell you but that would take the fun out of it. ;)

I found the area to be frustrating and a little boring (which I guess it will be with no story context)

• Scanners do not lock onto any of the objectives for the "Recording History" mission (when I tried general chat to see if others had the problem, there is no general chat :mad:

• Some map locations do not match the actual mission's location

• Thranta nests everywhere but just two that actually spawn eggs - if that's not fixed it will be very frustrating on launch

• Many visual bugs e.g foliage floating mid air

I got pissed off after the scanner frustration and left without completing anything else. ONE POSITIVE: the area looks nice.

Your not alone. I too can not scan the Untamed lair. I also forgot, yeah, I saw those two makers in the cave. Forgot to report that issue. As for Rooftop, well, I could tell you but that would take the fun out of it. ;)

Same here finally found all but the Lair of the Untamed.

Also did find "object" to click on inside the Southern Cave Once found both indicators disappeared. Nothing was added to inventory nor did I see anything in the missions updated

[Daily] Recording History / Scan the lair of the Untamed

Sith Inquisitor Assassin / Class.

Is the Mission clear on what is required of you? (YES)

Is the Mission too easy or difficult? (Difficult if you can't find the requirement to complete)

Thanks!

Edited by MageTib

[Daily] Forgotten Treasures - Lost Relics / Locate Holocron Fragment

Sith Inquisitor Assassin

Is the Mission clear on what is required of you? (YES)

Is the Mission too easy or difficult? (Difficult if you can't find the requirement to complete)

Able to complete all but the final piece. Found 2 entries but get the "You not allowed in this phase at this time"? Have tried leaving, log out/in and search for any "hidden" entries. Unable to complete this daily

Edited by MageTib