The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about new vendor icons

Damask_Rose

How do we disable the giant flashing vendor and mail box icons? Did I miss an option in preferences? Turning off friendly npc nameplates leaves the garish icons. I tried control U and they are still there. A lot of screenshots are going to be ruined if we can't disable those monstrosities.

How do we disable the giant flashing vendor and mail box icons? Did I miss an option in preferences? Turning off friendly npc nameplates leaves the garish icons. I tried control U and they are still there. A lot of screenshots are going to be ruined if we can't disable those monstrosities.

I don’t mind them personally, but you are right. This actually would be a good option to have. Same as we can turn off and on player names and symbols, guild, etc. Screenshots are a great example for why we would need this.

There needs to be an option put in nameplates that allows us to turn them off. And no matter what, they shouldn't show up when the UI is disabled via CTL+U.

The UI is *disabled* by Ctrl+U, but what's more interesting is that it's *hidden* (for screenie purposes) by Alt+Z.

The UI is *disabled* by Ctrl+U, but what's more interesting is that it's *hidden* (for screenie purposes) by Alt+Z.

Unfortunately they still show with Alt-Z as well. I assume this has to be a bug so I'm going to post it on the bug portion.

Finally! I thought i'm the only one who is bothered by those animated icons over every vendor. :p

Please give us the option to turn the icons off, or link them to nameplate visibility, If it's too complicated to do this, don't add the icons until you can add an option to turn them off.

Edited by Mubrak

Friendly bump, waiting for a dev response...

I'm already researching ways to make the icons go away on my side. There's something wrong with a new feature when players are looking for 3rd party options to get rid of it before it is even released on live.

Friendly reminder to the devs that flashing/blinking lights can set off epilepsy and other seizure disorders. The ones on Odessen don't look so bright but on places like the fleet where there are a lot of vendors in a dark space that could be an issue for some players.

There should be a way to disable the blinking.

• 2 weeks later...

It also applies to vendor decorations.

Please don't put silly icons on our Jawas or give us free replacements that are not vendors.

Or, well... Just don't add any intrusive UI features without also adding a way to turn them off.

Edited by Mubrak

It also applies to vendor decorations.

Please don't put silly icons on our Jawas or give us free replacements that are not vendors.

Or, well... Just don't add any intrusive UI features without also adding a way to turn them off.

DEVS:

Pay attention to the above and all other posts.

Please add an option to TURN OFF ALL ICONS (includes vendors, mailboxes etc). I do not want to see this mess (imgur link) when videoing or screen-shotting my strongholds (or anywhere else for that matter).

• 4 weeks later...

Still no way to turn off the new vendor icons. And they are still shown with disabled UI.

Do we really need to use 3rd party tools to fix that bug by injecting invisble textures? :mad:

Don't let it go live like this.

Add an option to turn the icons off and fix the bug where they're not disabled when we press Alt+Z.

Edited by Mubrak

• 1 year later...

Agreed; it would be nice to have an option to revert to the old icons or hide them entirely... or like others have said to hide the icons in SH.

We KNOW what's a vendor in our SH, and if not/visitors can see it on the mini and regular maps.