Could you kind folks at BioWare please delete Iokath?

DarthCasus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please and thank you. Or fix the terrible map. Or the quest markers. Really, it's probably the most rage inducing thing designed in the game since the 'thrill of the hunt'.

You already know they're never going to delete Iokath so why even ask such a silly question? Why not start out by asking for map improvements or quest marker improvements? They'd be more likely to take you seriously.

You already know they're never going to delete Iokath so why even ask such a silly question? Why not start out by asking for map improvements or quest marker improvements? They'd be more likely to take you seriously.

I'm trying not to respond with levels of snark yet to be seen because I'm not trying to be mean to you. Constructive feedback hasn't lead to much at all concerning this game so I figure I'd make a step forward and just suggest they up and delete it. It's god awful and while I'd take improvements (though it's been more than 2 years since they introduced it), they'd save time by deleting it.

They can take that(!) suggestion seriously. :)

Your still asking or making a request for them to delete s whole planet. While I understand there are issues with the area, it's an unrealistic request. As the other poster said I can see changes made and would help if submitted in a very constructive way.

While even then it's still no guarantee all or some of the suggestions will happen, it's still something that could happen. Them deleting a whole area won't.

Main thing I can think of that I believe would help immensely, is give daily quests a transporter like heroics have (as close to target location as possible without putting you in a zone of danger... one might say, a... DANGER ZONE!). Having to traverse a huge distance to get to one or two quests on a regular basis is frustrating and Iokath isn't the only area with this problem (Section X comes to mind as well).

Your still asking or making a request for them to delete s whole planet. While I understand there are issues with the area, it's an unrealistic request. As the other poster said I can see changes made and would help if submitted in a very constructive way.

While even then it's still no guarantee all or some of the suggestions will happen, it's still something that could happen. Them deleting a whole area won't.

I was being hyperbolic. Their track record with responding to or acting on constructive feedback is abysmal and Iokath is not worth the energy in the state its in. They've had feedback sitting around for 2 years.

One planet I've completed once and never went back. I will run the Boss there if it's in the Conquest but that's about it. And to think I thought Corelia was bad with all of its dead ends, this planet takes the cake. The person who created this map must have been baked. :eek:

I was being hyperbolic. Their track record with responding to or acting on constructive feedback is abysmal and Iokath is not worth the energy in the state its in. They've had feedback sitting around for 2 years.

I understand but something like deleting a whole planet won't ever happen. I understand your issues with it, just realistic it would not happen.

Changes or updates may not be high up on their list or maybe something in 6.0 may change, who knows. All I'm looking at is a realistic view that fixes or updates sure can happen. Full on deletion would not.

One or two disgruntled customers isn't going to move heaven and Earth or even EA from their headquarters in Redwood City simply because there is dislike for something. Iokath isn't going anywhere and neither is FE or ET. I agree with what others are saying, make a suggestion to see a change to Iokath, one that would help make it easier to play rather than harder to like. Edited by Celise

Yes please, it is absolutely awful. Pretty much everything about it. From the bug that disables sprint, to your name tag changing, to the terrible lay-out, ****** quests, to the fact that half the time my companion disappears for no reason (can't blame him though).

I completely agree with the confusing (almost obtuse) map markers, I hate that the weekly purposefully can't be completed in a single day (the one thing otherwise on Dantooine that I don't like as well), and finally I loathe the missions that require that I pay for them to attempt them. I'm not a f2p or preferred, make them pay anything for all I care, but this "mechanic" is a bit of a poke in the eye to a sub. I'd rather use that currency on the decos/planetary vendor. I literally haven't been on Iokath for months so I don't remember if the vendor even uses that currency or if it's reputation/credits or if it is in fact reputation/planetary currency. I'm just saying I would rather that currency's only purpose was that and not to "buy" mission access. Like Ossus relics, which I'm really happy with in this regard.

Please and thank you. Or fix the terrible map. Or the quest markers. Really, it's probably the most rage inducing thing designed in the game since the 'thrill of the hunt'.

Other than going through it once for "story" reasons, there's no requirement for you to ever go to Iokath. I can't see what difference "deleting" it would make to you.

This is another case of someone requesting that SWTOR be changed to suit only them ..... or .... yet another (partially successful) troll. It's hard to tell these days.

WHAT? There's actually one other person who likes Iokath? I...I feel faint *fans self* :jawa_biggrin:

I am working on 10000 kills on Iokath, so I visit it every few days for dailies or droid smashing + crafting material gathering. I guess I like post-apocalyptic worlds without humans. For some reason some areas on Iokath remind me of Crysis 3 that I really enjoyed back in the day.

By the way, it's a very solid place for getting Grade 10 mats.

Other than going through it once for "story" reasons, there's no requirement for you to ever go to Iokath. I can't see what difference "deleting" it would make to you.

This is another case of someone requesting that SWTOR be changed to suit only them ..... or .... yet another (partially successful) troll. It's hard to tell these days.

Reputation, story for other characters and conquest. Hyperbole. Instead of labeling people as trolls because you don't agree with them, why don't you go chug oatmeal. It's all I think about when reading your name.

I understand but something like deleting a whole planet won't ever happen. I understand your issues with it, just realistic it would not happen.

Changes or updates may not be high up on their list or maybe something in 6.0 may change, who knows. All I'm looking at is a realistic view that fixes or updates sure can happen. Full on deletion would not.

It shouldn't take multiple posts to point out that the deletion suggestion is the least serious part of the post. I'm well aware of how impossible those odds are. And if they have plans for Iokath for 6.0, they should say so.

One or two disgruntled customers isn't going to move heaven and Earth or even EA from their headquarters in Redwood City simply because there is dislike for something. Iokath isn't going anywhere and neither is FE or ET. I agree with what others are saying, make a suggestion to see a change to Iokath, one that would help make it easier to play rather than harder to like.

Oh jeez, I didn't think deleting an entire planet with relevant plot points and story progression would be such an absurd suggestion. It totally wasn't meant to highlight the clear frustrations with a still buggy planet with an awful layout, bad weekly and subpar storyline. :rolleyes: Only this forum, I swear lol

Reputation, story for other characters and conquest. Hyperbole. Instead of labeling people as trolls because you don't agree with them, why don't you go chug oatmeal. It's all I think about when reading your name.

It shouldn't take multiple posts to point out that the deletion suggestion is the least serious part of the post. I'm well aware of how impossible those odds are. And if they have plans for Iokath for 6.0, they should say so.

Oh jeez, I didn't think deleting an entire planet with relevant plot points and story progression would be such an absurd suggestion. It totally wasn't meant to highlight the clear frustrations with a still buggy planet with an awful layout, bad weekly and subpar storyline. :rolleyes: Only this forum, I swear lol

We're very serious on these forums, and we take our "internet cred" even more seriously. I am reporting this post right now because I am offend.

Yes please, it is absolutely awful. Pretty much everything about it. From the bug that disables sprint, to your name tag changing, to the terrible lay-out, ****** quests, to the fact that half the time my companion disappears for no reason (can't blame him though).

Don't forget the Dark Side Transitions are also bugged in this area.

You can be frustrated and sarcastic all you like as silly as the deflection is, your lack of interest isn't my problem. continue laughing, i'm sure you'll reach a point whenever you get to it.