There should be some kind of penalization for people consistently dropping out of Que

70 doesn't equal seasoned player

>70 does not mean inexperienced player

Umm - set phasers to max pedantic.... :p

">70" would mean "greater than 70". I think you mean "<70" - "less than 70"

But, while we're on the subject, let me give this forum a short "Tale of yet another Flashpoint"

Last night, I, as a level 45 Guardian**, did a Flashpoint with 3 level 70s (if I recall, we were all DPS). These guys must have been new - they agro'd almost every mob and died more often than me. (We wiped a few times because of agro.)

It is possible, of course, that people who use the "start at level 60" or "level 65" tokens and do a few quests and/or FPs, etc., can easily get to level 70 without ever doing any Flashpoints (or just a few) and may not be at all familiar with how to "properly" play their class, or the Flashpoint, or use spacebar, etc. And, of course, there's always the Master Datacron insta-70s.

And just to forestall those in these forums who constantly want to disparage people and (perhaps purposefully) misinterpret what they say***:

- No, I'm not complaining.

- No, I'm not "disparaging" them.

- Yes, I did stay for the whole FP. (I thought the whole thing was rather funny in an "I thought the lowbies were supposed to do the agro'ing" sort of way.)

- I'm just pointing out - as others also have - that being level 70 does not guarantee that a person is experienced in ANY way. And being less than 70 does not mean that the person is in-experienced.

On Topic. It occurs to me that when the GF window pops up and someone Declines, it says "you will be placed at the top of the queue". So, even though it may seem annoying to have people decline, it's not clear whether or not that has any real affect on how long it takes to get a "pop"****. Perhaps it might be more reassuring if the GF window remained visible with an empty slot, but would it matter? (Serious question - only the devs really know the inner workings of GF.)

**Man, the level process is even faster than I thought. From doing a few Flashpoints this character is already level 49 in just a few days. (Using those XP boosting armorings and other XP boost items.)

*** You know who you are. There are many examples in this thread alone. I was considering replying, but why bother.

**** Other than the time wasted while waiting for them to Decline. But, you also often have to wait for people to accept or take time yourself to be ready to accept.

Edited by JediQuaker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes level 70 does not mean they know fights and they can be new. However if they are geared full tier 252 to 258 (with full augment 240 for example), they would probably know fights and know how to avoid bad stuff and wipes compared to those newly minted 230 item geared from master datacrons. If group finder can match up with players with the same item level range, it will solve a lot of problems in game. Edited by Visorknight

Gear doesn't equal skill or knowledge. Not too long ago I had a commando with 258 gear rating trying to scrape me off the floor in combat with the out-of-combat rez. The only thing good gear does is somewhat compensating minor f-ups.

Yes level 70 does not mean they know fights and they can be new. However if they are geared full tier 252 to 258 (with full augment 240 for example),

Well, seeing as this thread was originally about people Declining GFs, it could be pointed out that you can't tell what gear a person has just from the (70) by their name in the GF window.

I could also point out that many people don't know that they can "inspect" a player's equipment while in-game/group. For example, in the FP I was just talking about, I didn't "inspect" any of the other players, so I have no idea what sort of level their equipment was - it could have been 210 greens from the fleet for all I knew (or cared).

Edited by JediQuaker

Gear doesn't equal skill or knowledge. Not too long ago I had a commando with 258 gear rating trying to scrape me off the floor in combat with the out-of-combat rez. The only thing good gear does is somewhat compensating minor f-ups.

yes, but speed of clears is the key to conquest players trying to clear the goal, also 258 players etc are also likely to space bar cut scenes which cut down a lot of time as well.

Well, seeing as this thread was originally about people Declining GFs, it could be pointed out that you can't tell what gear a person has just from the (70) by their name in the GF window.

I could also point out that many people don't know that they can "inspect" a player's equipment while in-game/group. For example, in the FP I was just talking about, I didn't "inspect" any of the other players, so I have no idea what sort of level their equipment was - it could have been 210 greens from the fleet for all I knew (or cared).

i would suggest they change to complete 5 Vet fp objectives to complete any 5 FP which allows solo players to clear them efficiently as well. If these conquest farmers dont join the group finder, then they won't be any kicking from them. Conquest clearers are sensitive to low levels ruining their fp runs and watching all cut scene when all they need is 5 quick clears for conquest points.

i would suggest they change to complete 5 Vet fp objectives to complete any 5 FP which allows solo players to clear them efficiently as well. If these conquest farmers dont join the group finder, then they won't be any kicking from them. Conquest clearers are sensitive to low levels ruining their fp runs and watching all cut scene when all they need is 5 quick clears for conquest points.

Being "sensitive" to low levels popping up in FP queues isn't something limited to people wanting to clear FPs (not even quickly, just w/o serial wiping). It might LOOK like the case this week, because the conquest event is FP heavy, but normally there are other/faster ways to get stuff done.

I'm just finding this entire thread amusing.

if you pay attention to the queue pop-up, you can usually see who hasn't accepted and when it goes "poof" that's the person who declined.

There are other issues with GF / FP as well.

I told a new person in my "solo player" guild who asked about flashpoints to make sure that they mentioned if they were new, or if they hadn't done that FP yet. Or ask if the players were going to skip mobs/cutscenes.

There are so many other of these issues...not hitting "accept" because you don't like the group layout seems, to me, one of the least important.

I think we need a Q for vet fp for solely level 70 players only. many of us are there to quickly finish the vet fp weekly for conquest within 15 mins per run. While boosting low level players are present, they dont have level 70 gear/top tier augments or full skills to speed through each vet fp efficiently. This will prevent players from dropping as well. Also if the Q can match people to roughly the same item level will be great as well!

Item level means absolutely nothing in vet FPs, just like story OPs. There is this thing called bolster. Even though I am always in purple mods and armorings (it is just my thing when I level new toons), that character would do just as much damage in the vet FP in crap green gear 10 levels behind.

It is not the level 70 that speeds things up, it is how well the others play. I have been in groups with the so called "top geared" 70s, a gunfighter, that just spammed basic attack and sweeping blasters. I have been in a group with a level 70 tank, that had no idea how to use his damn aggro button. So please, stop with the BS of 70s Godhood.

Being "sensitive" to low levels popping up in FP queues isn't something limited to people wanting to clear FPs (not even quickly, just w/o serial wiping). It might LOOK like the case this week, because the conquest event is FP heavy, but normally there are other/faster ways to get stuff done.

I'm just finding this entire thread amusing.

if you pay attention to the queue pop-up, you can usually see who hasn't accepted and when it goes "poof" that's the person who declined.

There are other issues with GF / FP as well.

I told a new person in my "solo player" guild who asked about flashpoints to make sure that they mentioned if they were new, or if they hadn't done that FP yet. Or ask if the players were going to skip mobs/cutscenes.

There are so many other of these issues...not hitting "accept" because you don't like the group layout seems, to me, one of the least important.

Most tiimes, they drop before anyone has a chance to x in. Then the que pops again with the same exact group, and it happens again, then again, and again like 4 times.