Master Dacrons after update 6.0

JACKERTAKY

228 purple gear works fine on Ossus, but will it really matter after 6.0? Didn't they say that we'll be able to but 252 gear with credits?

I've been using 208.. I started Ossus with a lot of 208 purple and a handful of augments. You have to have 242 before it's significantly higher than 208 Purple ... especially if any of its is augmented.

Me personally .. I've been grinding Ossus like a mad man to stick as many 252 parts in as I can .. then augmenting the best parts on the left side and weapons. That comes out to a pretty hefty set up!

Edited by OlBuzzard

I don't know what you ppl are playing, but 208 gear works fine on Ossus. unless maybe you're talking about Queen?

I suppose if you want to start the Onslaught story in VM or higher in 208s, you'd be frelled, but otherwise?

I feel I must be missing something.

Depends on what level of 208. If was purple with an augment then you are right. The 232 greens we received were better than SOME of the 208 stuff. If you have 228 Purple then Steve is right. Heck use 228 Purple ... stick an augment in it and call it good ! Then grind as many of the 252's as you have time for. The 252's are a big enough jump to try to get. BUT if time does not permit ... then the 228 Purples with augment should do very nicely.

And I'm sure some of you can also defeat NiM Izax naked with no offhand weapon and were able to get through your entire class story with level 1 gear. Well done to you. That doesn't mean that the average player might not have the need for a higher gear level, which is why Bioware gives those gear boxes when you start Ossus and all. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

And I'm sure some of you can also defeat NiM Izax naked with no offhand weapon and were able to get through your entire class story with level 1 gear. Well done to you. That doesn't mean that the average player might not have the need for a higher gear level, which is why Bioware gives those gear boxes when you start Ossus and all.

ummm .. Nope

Where in the name of common sense did this come from ?

If anything most of you could run circles around me ! I know what I've been doing the last 3 or 4 months... But I can honestly say that if I can do this with the gear I've listed ... just about any one can.

And it should be noted: this would be a starting point. One of the first things I do when I start a new area ... check out the story .. then hit the ground running looking for the best way to gear up for the next level !

Sorry... I'm not trying to be offensive ! Really !

ummm .. Nope

Where in the name of common sense did this come from ?

If anything most of you could run circles around me ! I know what I've been doing the last 3 or 4 months... But I can honestly say that if I can do this with the gear I've listed ... just about any one can.

And it should be noted: this would be a starting point. One of the first things I do when I start a new area ... check out the story .. then hit the ground running looking for the best way to gear up for the next level !

Sorry... I'm not trying to be offensive ! Really !

Not you specifically, but I do get *****ly when people continually post that they can clear areas with lower level gear as a way of trying to insist that no players need it or that lower level gear works "fine" for everyone. The problem with saying "just about anyone can do it" is that none of us know the conditions that other players have, which can be anything from visual disabilities to slow connections that interfere. We don't know how long they've been playing games vs. someone who has been into MMOs since they started. Etc. "I can do it so you can too" is never really valid when one looks at overall context.

The original question that started all this was what gear would be right for 6.0, and since 232 is the starting point for Ossus and there are five new levels, it's reasonable to assume that there's going to be a higher expectation for 6.0.

I certainly want better gear in my Datacrons, we pay enough for them...

But I don't know if I "need' it.

That makes sense. The bottom line is that it depends on what areas you play in and your roll up against the WB's.

A tank should always gear up as high as possible. DPS can get by with a little less. By that I mean... go back to what I originally posted.. you can survive WB engagements.

I have no idea what is coming in 6.0 But as with all XP's ... this means new gear and new gear ranges. TBH... it's anyone's guess up to a point.

Right now I'm just trying to make up some lost ground and make sure I have as much stuff in place where I would like to be when 6.0 gets here.

I hope the best for ya ! Good hunting !

Not you specifically, but I do get *****ly when people continually post that they can clear areas with lower level gear as a way of trying to insist that no players need it or that lower level gear works "fine" for everyone. The problem with saying "just about anyone can do it" is that none of us know the conditions that other players have, which can be anything from visual disabilities to slow connections that interfere. We don't know how long they've been playing games vs. someone who has been into MMOs since they started. Etc. "I can do it so you can too" is never really valid when one looks at overall context.

The original question that started all this was what gear would be right for 6.0, and since 232 is the starting point for Ossus and there are five new levels, it's reasonable to assume that there's going to be a higher expectation for 6.0.

I understand your point, but bear in mind I said 228 purple and the base gear quality for Ossus is 232 green. So one item rating step up but two quality steps down. And if either of those are sufficient for Ossus, and based upon past experience with other expansions, then 242, 248, or 252 will all be more than sufficient for the start of Onslaught.

This is starting to bug me a little so a correction

The purple gear in the Datacron and Command Tier 1 is 230.

We now return you to your regular scheduled programme.

Yes, but we're talking about the green 232 gear you receive if you arrive on Ossus below that item rating and are using that as the baseline for Ossus content. Two different sources of gear, and two different quality and item ratings.

Ah.. OK !

There is one thing that I think we should all keep in mind... the old gear... it will be well "old gear". That means we need some more new stuff as soon as possible. I know.. . but that's just the nature of the game. That was one of the reasons I suggested to get better gear than the greens we start out with on Ossus. Those are just a starting point on that part of the game. 6.0 will be another fresh start. Right now... until we see first hand what's in 6.0 content we're just guessing really. But I would dare say that what's been posted is a reasonable starting place. But JUST a starting place.

This is starting to bug me a little so a correction

The purple gear in the Datacron and Command Tier 1 is 230.

We now return you to your regular scheduled programme.

Yes, but we're talking about the green 232 gear you receive if you arrive on Ossus below that item rating and are using that as the baseline for Ossus content. Two different sources of gear, and two different quality and item ratings.

I understand your point, but bear in mind I said 228 purple and the base gear quality for Ossus is 232 green. So one item rating step up but two quality steps down. And if either of those are sufficient for Ossus, and based upon past experience with other expansions, then 242, 248, or 252 will all be more than sufficient for the start of Onslaught.

/5char

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

/5char

228 purple gear works fine on Ossus, but will it really matter after 6.0? Didn't they say that we'll be able to but 252 gear with credits?

Please point out to me where I said anything about the gear given with a masters datacron or tier 1 gear. For that matter, please point out where anyone in this thread said that MD or tier 1 gear is anything other than 230.

Here, since you like this style so much, is the conversation so you can follow along.

Why not make the Masters Datacron give you a full set of 252 ?

Because a full set of 230 will be enough for the beginning of Onslaught.

Considering that they give a full box of 236 gear for Ossus, I wouldn't be too sure of that. But I'd also guess that they will do exactly the same and give everyone another gear box if their gear rating is too low upon starting 6.0.

The box of Ossus gear is 232-green. (Or it was the last time I started Ossus.)

And no set bonus so only the left side is any use if you have used a Master's Datacron.

I could have sworn it was 236, but the point remains that if 232 is the bare minimum for Ossus it's unlikely that 230 will be acceptable for the next expac.

As-it-comes 230-purple works just fine on Ossus. (And may actually work better than the green 232s because of the set bonus and the purple-tier stat balance.)

228 purple gear works fine on Ossus, but will it really matter after 6.0? Didn't they say that we'll be able to [buy] 252 gear with credits?
Edited by ceryxp