The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This game is unplayable because of no White Acute Module

Mulzz

It baffles me why people get so defensive when other people want something as simple as having the white acute module vendor available at all times. How on Earth does that hurt you? He's not insulting you. He's not asking for you to play his way. He's just asking for a stupid vendor to be available at all times! Not everyone enjoys the game the same way you do. Get over it!

It's when people offer help and get snubbed/snapped at for doing so that baffles me. There are work-arounds until such requests can be fulfilled or denied.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure I understand at all. You don't have to skip the side missions because you are overleveled. They are still available for you to play, and get the whole story and experience. Being a certain lvl doesn't lock the side missions away

It's when people offer help and get snubbed/snapped at for doing so that baffles me. There are work-arounds until such requests can be fulfilled or denied.

The only work around to gaining too much exp is to quit your guild and end your subscription or not play lower level characters until the white acute vendor is available again. That's what I did until they finally created the white acute module. I was thrilled to learn those wonderful little modules work on regular exp too! If I accidentally deleted mine, I'd be very sad about it too.

The only work around to gaining too much exp is to quit your guild and end your subscription or not play lower level characters until the white acute vendor is available again. That's what I did until they finally created the white acute module. I was thrilled to learn those wonderful little modules work on regular exp too! If I accidentally deleted mine, I'd be very sad about it too.

OK, but calling the game unplayable without the module and throwing a hissy fit because we explained to him why the increased xp gain happened is not the right reaction I'd say. Double xp events are every couple months now and he can just get another one with the next event that will probably run shortly before or with the start of the expansion in September.

Im not sure I understand at all. You don't have to skip the side missions because you are overleveled. They are still available for you to play, and get the whole story and experience. Being a certain lvl doesn't lock the side missions away

He is not angry about being forced to skip them, but about being overleveled thus making them too easy.

The difference is really minor. If you really want more of a challenge, don't bring a companion and/or take off (or underspec) your armor, and/or don't equip a weapon. And, certainly, don't update your skills until you get to the "appropriate" level.

So your "solution" is for the player not using the game as it was meant to be player, run around naked and equip no weapon, rather then BW fixing this issue of them making the game stupid easy, for the lowest denominator, with another acute module to slow progress. Yeah right.

Hey OP, do what I do, buy unlocks and play as a preferred, that is the original exp gain. With a couple million in unlocks, it is almost exact to the subscription, and you don't pay for their incompetence. I just sub once every 7-8 months now, rather then subbing through the whole year. Makes myself, and my wallet much happier.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

It baffles me why people get so defensive when other people want something as simple as having the white acute module vendor available at all times. How on Earth does that hurt you? He's not insulting you. He's not asking for you to play his way. He's just asking for a stupid vendor to be available at all times! Not everyone enjoys the game the same way you do. Get over it!

Right!? :eek:

Wait.......you are complaining about being over leveled but you are are done until there is an XP event? That makes sense.

If you want a challenge, don’t level up your gear after you get off the starting planet. You will start seeing a challenge roughly 1/2 through the planet after your home world. Even over leveled, you will have a bit of a struggle killing things with your level weapon and stats. Even as they are bolstered, your tertiary stats are going to be so low you aren’t mowing down the mobs....

Yes I'm done until there is an XP event because that is when White acute module will be avaliable again. Sadly the wait might be in months which is redicilous.

Mulzz...

I don't agree with anything you said at all.

So much to the point that I didn't even know these White Acute Modules existed.

After playing this game at the start, and every since, I'm very happy with how they have made leveling less stressful.

You can unlock a mount at level 1 now if you want. Otherwise you get it at level 10. You used to have to walk until level 25.

You can have any companion play any of the three roles.

You used to have to use specific ones depending on what you wanted them to do.

In some classes, you didn't get a healer until your last companion.

You had to gear your companions.

Now it doesn't matter, the only thing they NEED is to have any weapon equipped in order to function properly.

So while there are a few things that some people might consider..."lesser" that I could see their point of view...

Leveling faster just isn't one of those things for me.

....cookie cutter companions....that's an argument I could get behind.

You get scaled down to the maximum level the instance allows which is over several levels above the mobs. High enough that one can one shot everything.

It is not an arbitrary number. The higher level the easier it becomes to kill enemies, that simple. I want to be scaled correspondingly because of challenge. The game is significantly more challenging if one is underleveled as opposed to overleveled. It's not just an arbitrary number.

You don't quite understand how this works.

The outdoor world cannot be challenging. Because every type of player is supposed to be able to overcome it, despite skill level.

You want to increase your challenge, do just the class quests. You know what happens when you are underleveled? You hit nothing. It's incredibly frustrating.

You are looking for challenge in the wrong place. That is not what questing is for. Questing is to deliver story.

The challenge is on PvP/FP's and Operations.

Edited by Nemmar

My only problem with the OP is this: The game is not "unplayable". Many people are able to play the game just fine including the OP. The OP simply doesn't like the way it is, which you know, fair enough but that's no reason to be ridiculously hyperbolic.

To the OP: You don't like the way it is? Ok, go put a suggestion in the Suggestion forum. The devs actually do read it. They don't reply but they do actually read it.

My only problem with the OP is this: The game is not "unplayable". Many people are able to play the game just fine including the OP. The OP simply doesn't like the way it is, which you know, fair enough but that's no reason to be ridiculously hyperbolic.

Agreed, its not unplayable. Its typical hyperbole used so we can revert back to the old days... and why should we again? Doing every single-quest on a planet just to stay on level? That was fun once or twice but at some point it becomes just a huge bore. Heck I could argue the old system was "unplayable" to alts due to how much of a grind getting to max level was.

Agreed, its not unplayable. Its typical hyperbole used so we can revert back to the old days... and why should we again? Doing every single-quest on a planet just to stay on level? That was fun once or twice but at some point it becomes just a huge bore. Heck I could argue the old system was "unplayable" to alts due to how much of a grind getting to max level was.

Pretty much this. Snowflake syndrome. You can't make everyone happy. For those looking for a challenge, there are things you can do, and as someone said, level sync makes the XP stop gain pointless.

Yes I'm done until there is an XP event because that is when White acute module will be avaliable again. Sadly the wait might be in months which is redicilous.

This makes no sense, since all the White Acute module does is bring the XP back to what it is when a Double XP event isn't on. You'll still be overleveling the planets.

To the OP: You don't like the way it is? Ok, go put a suggestion in the Suggestion forum. The devs actually do read it. They don't reply but they do actually read it.

Agreed. It is playable just not the way he wants. He doesn't like the way it is done and that is fine but calling it unplayable----I don't think so.

Where do I say I want everyones experience rate to be decreased?

I'm asking for the White Acute Module item to be avaliable at all times so that those that want can experience the game slower and do all the quests.

I’m not sure why they can just leave the vendor there permanently and even put on on each starting planet.

Personally I’ve got about 5 sitting in my legacy storage if I need them. That’s the only work around I know of

I’m not sure why they can just leave the vendor there permanently and even put on on each starting planet.

Personally I’ve got about 5 sitting in my legacy storage if I need them. That’s the only work around I know of

I think incompetence us not the issue here but rather very low priority for it to be changed, because the majority does not see it as an issue in the first place and welcomes any change in the direction of increased xp gain, not decrease. In fact there are calls by some for the xp gain rate during the event to become the new standard in order to make alt leveling even faster. Especially now with the new expansion around the corner.

I think offering the module indefinitely would be an agreeable solution, it just needs to get on the radar of the devs when they are not swamped with more pressing issues.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I'm with you on that.

Too many game companies think "end game" is where it is at.

It isn't, the journey to end game is.

I have 4 games installed, I rotate between them as new content comes out.

Haven't logged into SWTOR in 3 weeks.

Did just treat myself to Elsewye for ESO so am playing though that on my 3 main toons, hopefully by the time I have done that SWTOR will have some new content.

Hopefully better than the last new content that was all over in a couple of hours and back to "end game grind".

End Game Grind = Unsub for me.

All The Best

WoW is a much bigger game than SWTOR and all they do is focus on endgame content. Either your logic or WoWs logic on how MMOs succesfully work is wrong.

I'm with you on that.

Too many game companies think "end game" is where it is at.

It isn't, the journey to end game is.

I have 4 games installed, I rotate between them as new content comes out.

Haven't logged into SWTOR in 3 weeks.

Did just treat myself to Elsewye for ESO so am playing though that on my 3 main toons, hopefully by the time I have done that SWTOR will have some new content.

Hopefully better than the last new content that was all over in a couple of hours and back to "end game grind".

End Game Grind = Unsub for me.

All The Best

And to make another point regarding your statement, MMOs are usually sub-based. Without subs, they usually will not bring in enough money to make sufficient content. Without sufficient content, players will not play their game and if players do not play your game, the game dies. End game grind may make you unsub, fine but statistically speaking, you are the minority here. People have no reason to continue their sub unless there is content to complete once all the main content is done. This game has been alive for 8 years, without end game raids, pvp, flashpoint, the star wars IP, this game would have died a while ago.

whatever, that does not in any way make the game unplayable. Just makes it not playable in the way you want it. Not the same thing.

I don't see the harm in having a white acute module added to the game for players who want to level more slowly as you do OP.. I just removed gear which has the same effect, well as in making it more difficult, not in actual level.

Edited by KoriVash

And to make another point regarding your statement, MMOs are usually sub-based. Without subs, they usually will not bring in enough money to make sufficient content. Without sufficient content, players will not play their game and if players do not play your game, the game dies. End game grind may make you unsub, fine but statistically speaking, you are the minority here. People have no reason to continue their sub unless there is content to complete once all the main content is done. This game has been alive for 8 years, without end game raids, pvp, flashpoint, the star wars IP, this game would have died a while ago.

Uh Hu, don't let the solo purists see that crazy reasoning of yours. As you can see in this resurrected old thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=937806

they think Swtor is (and should be) fundamentally a Solo game and all that stupid group content is just irrelevant garnish on top.

Btw, I agree with you.

Edited by Phazonfreak

WoW is a much bigger game than SWTOR and all they do is focus on endgame content. .

Yup, they do.

And that's exactly why myself, and 95% of the 100 plus people I used to play WoW with no longer play WoW.

We moved to games that didn't see "rinse-repeat-grind" as a viable, long-term substitute for "content".

You know, there's a reason Blizzard stopped reporting Sub Numbers right?

And its not because they are going up.

All The Best

Yup, they do.

And that's exactly why myself, and 95% of the 100 plus people I used to play WoW with no longer play WoW.

We moved to games that didn't see "rinse-repeat-grind" as a viable, long-term substitute for "content".

You know, there's a reason Blizzard stopped reporting Sub Numbers right?

And its not because they are going up.

All The Best

Of course WoW is losing subs. As a game ages people will get bored of it. The fact is WoW has been incredibly successful with the focus on End Game strategy to keep subscribers. The reason it works for them is simple, they keep putting out new Raids far more frequently then Swtor does.

You may not like the way WoW focuses mainly on Endgame, however clearly millions of people still do since they still have millions of subscribers the last time I heard.

Of course WoW is losing subs. As a game ages people will get bored of it. The fact is WoW has been incredibly successful with the focus on End Game strategy to keep subscribers. The reason it works for them is simple, they keep putting out new Raids far more frequently then Swtor does.

You may not like the way WoW focuses mainly on Endgame, however clearly millions of people still do since they still have millions of subscribers the last time I heard.

1.7 subs are still active and 10 million active players that log in atleast once a day. WoW losing subs is not the same as swtor losing subs. We cant afford to lose subs WoW can, we are down to 5 servers and 2 out of the 5 are "dead servers" (low population). Focusing on endgame is the only reason to keep players subbed.

I think incompetence us not the issue here but rather very low priority for it to be changed, because the majority does not see it as an issue in the first place and welcomes any change in the direction of increased xp gain, not decrease. In fact there are calls by some for the xp gain rate during the event to become the new standard in order to make alt leveling even faster. Especially now with the new expansion around the corner.

I think offering the module indefinitely would be an agreeable solution, it just needs to get on the radar of the devs when they are not swamped with more pressing issues.

How do you know the "majority" don't see it as an issue? Please speak for yourself, not the "majority". Most people don't even come to these forums, and I see people chatting about it all the time on SF. I mean I could care less about further companion stories, but at least I don't say "The majority of people think the same".

YOU don't see it as an issue, and that is totally fine. That is your opinion, and like all players you have the right to it. Not sure why you and the other posters have to make a big deal about someone simply asking, hey can you make a acute module for the entire game. I would like it as well, I am sick of this training wheel BS, that as a fact, causes issues in FPs, even veteran ones, because people can just spam basic attack, and don't learn any rotation. Had that happen last night, you have any idea how frustrating it, to pull Attack on Tython, and then be stuck on the first boss, because 2 out 4 of the players are just spamming basic attack?

I seriously wish they would integrate a simple survey in the login screen, to actually get some idea of what most players actually want. Hell offer like 100cc to fill it out. One every 3 months would work great. Then there would not be people trying to act as if their opinion is the majority.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt