So... apparently this game isn't the only one who had post-launch issues...

Sinister-Sith

Read what users had to say about the WoW launch here...

http://vnboards.ign.com/world_of_warcraft_general_board/b19789/107608654/p1

Just continue reading, and you will find that WoW had a great NUMBER of issues post-launch.

Also to further reinforce my statement regarding the log in issues...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=93823

I am not worried, nor do I fear about TOR's fate. As you can see, the website in itself is irrelevant to both games, but the post is about WoW's launch... so, you can see that I'm not the only one who experienced that issue at launch. xD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, this is 2011, right? Where we have vastly improved server technology, right? Also, TOR has a ridiculous amount of instancing which spreads the stress across multiple servers, and is far less seamless than WoW, right? SWTOR has a lot more mechanics of the game that gives them a huge advantage for a launch. WoW was far more ambitious from a server stress level at launch. TOR has instancing out the ***. Edited by Merex

Wait, this is 2011, right? Where we have vastly improved server technology, right? Also, TOR has a ridiculous amount of instancing which spreads the stress across multiple servers, and is far less seamless than WoW, right? SWTOR has a lot more mechanics of the game that gives them a huge advantage for a launch. WoW was far more ambitious from a server stress level at launch. TOR has instancing out the ***.

I'm a prophet.

I was a player in the WoW launch. TOR launch has been smoother, as has been said many times here. From my perspective, it was rather easy to level in WoW after launch. I made level 60 in a fairly short time playing casually. At cap, there wasn't much to do except roll another character. It was then that I found out what all the other level 60s were doing for endgame content... ganking lowbies. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything much with my alt without being massacred several times a night by roaming bands of 15 year old corpse campers. What a total bore.

Yeah, those were the days. I know WoW got better, but I quit then and never went back.

Edited by Bamajawn

I was posting in another thread, bringing up points and logic, when all of a sudden I was bashed, called "delusional", "uneducated", "stupid", etc.

*facepalm*

By and large, you'll find that those people have join dates of Dec. 2011, and will go curiously silent come January 20th. I initially joked about it, but I am honestly starting to suspect that a significant chunk of these people are part of an organized advertising campaign on the part of Blizzard/Vivendi.

Wait, this is 2011, right? Where we have vastly improved server technology, right? Also, TOR has a ridiculous amount of instancing which spreads the stress across multiple servers, and is far less seamless than WoW, right? SWTOR has a lot more mechanics of the game that gives them a huge advantage for a launch. WoW was far more ambitious from a server stress level at launch. TOR has instancing out the ***.

yeah on the home worlds..... lmao

Here are some charts that show numbers of subscriptions and active accounts in MMO's since they launched:

Over 1 million: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

Over 150K to 1 million: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

Under 150K: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-3.png

It doesn't take a genius to follow the spikes and curves.

Now, guess which games bowed down to the player base. And see how and when the numbers changed.

They were trying to deviate away from every other MMO, and have so far succeeded, in my honest opinion.

Note: There will ALWAYS be issues at launch; always. Even in 2300 I am sure they will have video game launch issues.

lol Plus i'd rather have instancing in the beginning than having too many people flying around bogging the server down. It's simple really. Makes sense. What's the big deal about instancing anyways?

Here are some charts that show numbers of subscriptions and active accounts in MMO's since they launched:

Over 1 million: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

Over 150K to 1 million: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

Under 150K: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-3.png

It doesn't take a genius to follow the spikes and curves.

Now, guess which games bowed down to the player base. And see how and when the numbers changed.

Wasn't there a million people playing this game on day one? Lol

Most threads I see aren't complaining about swtor having a bad launch, they're just complaining about the game itself.

This is also true. The launch wasn't that bad. Queues were horrible but are now not that bad. The game itself is in far worse shape than the launch it had.

Most threads I see aren't complaining about swtor having a bad launch, they're just complaining about the game itself.

Actually, they're bellyaching for a few reasons:

Feature implementation being the biggest and divided into subsets:

*LFG Tool

*Dual Spec

*PVP Tiers

These mean nothing and can go on the back burner. More serious issues are the ones about Radeon cards running like crap and other video lag issues associated with certain zones. I personally haven't experienced them, but I built a deathbox to crush TOR under it's heels and so far, it's doing just that.

They were trying to deviate away from every other MMO, and have so far succeeded, in my honest opinion.

Note: There will ALWAYS be issues at launch; always. Even in 2300 I am sure they will have video game launch issues.

That's because perfection is just a word, not a state that can be achieved by anyone or anything.

What counts is the willingness of the team that developed it.

This is the holiday season, and just like us. They are human, and require time with their families and loved ones.

Who appreciate them a hell of a lot more than the crowd here on these forums.

All MMOs have bumps in the road, and those bumps take time to address, to prioritize, and then to solve.

If you lack the patience to weather through these changes, then it would be in those users best interest to find their game-on elsewhere.

That's because perfection is just a word, not a state that can be achieved by anyone or anything.

What counts is the willingness of the team that developed it.

This is the holiday season, and just like us. They are human, and require time with their families and loved ones.

Who appreciate them a hell of a lot more than the crowd here on these forums.

All MMOs have bumps in the road, and those bumps take time to address, to prioritize, and then to solve.

If you lack the patience to weather through these changes, then it would be in those users best interest to find their game-on elsewhere.

Careful with that kind of talk, the masses foaming at the mouth with nerdrage and opinions will attack you for such logic and understanding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.