GTN Stock Market

Arstechnica

Would be neat if they could add information similar to the stock market to track the buy and sell of items to show what materials or items are in demand or not. Could add a chart that tracks the buy and sell each day that could be displayed just like a stock chart. I believe EVE online has this very same system on their game since launch and thar game is much older than SWTOR.

I think this would add another uniqueness to a very fun game that I already love to play!

Edited by Arstechnica

Wow, very cool. They really need to implement this in game to Galactic Trade Network some real feel. To take it a step further, allow players to invest in stocks that track the raw materials; maybe even short a stock or buy options.

Terminology: "Stocks" is just another word for shares in companies, and has no relevance to the GTN.

And no, GTN index trackers and all the flooflah of options, futures, and so on are not relevant to the game. No. No. No. and No.

There is a fan made GTN tracker you can use while you wait for them to add this in-game :)

http://swtordata.com/gtns

http://swtordata.com/items/7997-desh

If you click on the "Trends" button for each server on the 2nd link I posted you can see two charts for each item.

Thanks to ninjonxb for creating the site.

WoW, it’s even an iPad app. Call me impressed.

Edit: the apps not very good. I typed in desh to search and it just says error. But if I use you website link to desh, you can see the info.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What actually annoys me is there are some players who are ruining the prices on extremely high demand items.

I mean items that most people can sell 50 of in a day.

But these guys come in and list everything at half price and flood the market at the same time. In some cases it is below the cost of buying the crafting mats from the vendor and doing crew missions for those blue/purple mats. This is because Bioware now take 8% from the sale.

There are 5 guys on SF at the moment who are purposely ruining the crafted dye market for all the high demand dyes.

They list them half the price of everyone else and then have a price War with each other till it’s below cost. They also post pages of dyes themselves. I’m convinced that a couple are the same guy on different Alts.

The numbers of dyes a couple of these guys list daily and the prices is nearly 24/7. The high amount of mats they would need to farm (not always the easiest mats to farm) to keep up the crafting is more than a normal person could do by themselves.

That means they are either using multiple accounts to bot farm the mats or they have other people helping them for credits. Even if they are buying them from other people, they would still be selling a lot of these dyes below cost.

My conclusion is these guys have a massive bank roll and are trying to drive people out of making dyes so that they can corner the market and then increase the prices higher than they normally are.

I already saw an example of this yesterday when one of them had listed dyes at twice the price they used to be because no one else was listing any. They’d basically cornered the market on those dyes because they had no competition. When I listed 5 at 10 credits lower, this person then undercut right back to cost price and listed 2 pages worth to make sure I could not sell mine and make a profit.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say these guys might be 3rd party credit sellers trying to find another revenue stream. It would certainly explain the amount of mats they seem to have available to make pages of just about every dye sold.

This isn’t just bad for people trying to sell dyes. It will ultimately be bad for people wanting to buy dyes because the prices will increase much higher than they should when they drive everyone else away.

I’m all for a “free market” and people trading blows on price. But this is predatory behaviour to kill the competition.

I’ve tried buying the dyes they list ultra low so that the price will increase back to normal ranges. But it’s like these guys are on 24 hours because as soon as you buy them all, they relist the same amount of dyes again and you get stuck with a bunch of stuff you can’t sell.

I’ve even tried selling the mats instead and it seems when you do, they flood the market with cheaper mats than yours.

I honestly don’t know how they can be doing it without help or bots. It’s not humanly possible,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It’s not humanly possible,

This got me to thinking. What if aliens are playing SWTOR? What if aliens from across the galaxy actually play SWTOR and other MMOs? Maybe humans and earth serve as sort of the galaxies intergalactic arcade?

I could see humans being better at making games than aliens. We seem to waste so much time and energy on things that mean nothing (like MMOs) and ignore important things (like climate and environment change due to humans destroying the planet.)

I can see how aliens use our technology and human life for entertainment purposes when we hardly even bother taking ourselves seriously or the planet we live on seriously. Earth could easily be a truck-stop of a planet that all other aliens view as nothing more than a gaming hub/restroom stop!

Trixxie, you might be onto something here!

The GTN could be manipulated by players who actually ARE NOT HUMAN!!!!! They might not even be bots controlled by humans. Instead, these "bots" are ALIENS doing impossible activities in the game, at least activities that humans could never possibly do.

Terminology: "Stocks" is just another word for shares in companies, and has no relevance to the GTN.

And no, GTN index trackers and all the flooflah of options, futures, and so on are not relevant to the game. No. No. No. and No.

This. OP needs to read up on stock markets before asking for them to be implemented in the game. "WOW NEAT WHAT IF" isn't prima facie a good reason to do anything.

What actually annoys me is there are some players who are ruining the prices on extremely high demand items.

I mean items that most people call all sell 50 of in a day.

But these guys come in and list everything at half price and flood the market at the same time. In some cases it is below the cost of buying the crafting mats from the vendor and doing crew missions for those blue/purple mats. This is because Bioware now take 8% from the sale.

There are 5 guys on SF at the moment who are purposely ruining the crafted dye market for all the high demand dyes.

They list them half the price of everyone else and then have a price War with each other till it’s below cost. They also post pages of dyes themselves. I’m convinced that a couple are the same guy on different Alts.

The numbers of dyes a couple of these guys list daily and the prices is nearly 24/7. The high amount of mats they would need to farm (not always the easiest mats to farm) to keep up the crafting is more than a normal person could do by themselves.

That means they are either using multiple accounts to bot farm the mats or they have other people helping them for credits. Even if they are buying them from other people, they would still be selling a lot of these dyes below cost.

What a horrible story.

I'm pretty sure there is a dye mafia in SWTOR