The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Playable races leave something to be desired.

Ryelen

Ah ok, I didn't know that, well how about on their shoulders? Would that work? But I think that would create some graphic glitches with armor.
Yeah that is unfortunately where you run into the technical aspect of things, lore aside that is. Ultimately game mechanics should always be first, lore second. Afterall to a degree can be rewritten this early in the stage. I'm sure they'll get it figured out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This issue really bothers me. I never play human characters if I have a choice otherwise. The only exception to this in the past was in SWG I had a human only because the penalty for being an alien imperial was too severe.

In this game most of the non humans annoy me in appearance. I'm glad they put in Twi'lek though I would never play one, but I really wish I could resurrect my Sullustan Smuggler as a Sullustan Gunslinger. My main character in this game right now is a human commando, not because Commando is the class I most want to play but because I have no desire to play any of the other classes as humans.

I don't play RPGs to be a human, I do that in real life.

There is no way there can or could ever be Wookies in the game seeing as how your toon's dialogue is voice acted..

You really want to sit through hundreds of hours hearing all kinds of various growls and roars? Didn't think so...

That being said, there are many other "basic" speaking aliens that would be fun to play that are in the game currently that are not playable.

I am really hoping that the legacy system will add in some new alien species. Personaly I want Gran but I know this is an long shot. Kel'Dor, Mon'Cal, Cathar and Rodian however are popular enough to be added. Ok there might be some issue with Masks and hoods but just like Twi'lek disable head gear ( I do this anyway on all chars).