Why can't I modify/change my color crystals?

Majestic_Jazz

So its been a few years since I played this game.

I am playing as a Sith Warrior and decided to change things up and use a blue crystal instead of the default and generic red. So go buy one from GTN and try to put it in my saber and I get a message saying "You cannot equip this item."

I mean why? In the GTN it said the required level was 1 and I am level 15 and nowhere else in the item does it say anything about it being locked in collections or requiring a certain level. Again, why is this happening? When I played a IA a few years ago, I had no problems switching out my color crystals and now it is giving me a hard time.

So whats going on?

Just some rapid-fire troubleshooting:

Does anything have a Light or Dark requirement?

Is it a purple quality crystal and you are unsubbed thereby making it an Artifact you can't equip without authorization?

Does the item have a proper crystal slot?

When you right click, does it at least try to over-write?

The only thing I can imagine is the weapon you're trying to put it in is a non-moddable item, like a green or blue quality equipment item where you can't change the color crystal. Or if that's not the case, make sure you have the item modification window open by CTRL + right clicking your weapon, then move the crystal into the right slot and confirm the modification.

The only thing I can imagine is the weapon you're trying to put it in is a non-moddable item, like a green or blue quality equipment item where you can't change the color crystal. Or if that's not the case, make sure you have the item modification window open by CTRL + right clicking your weapon, then move the crystal into the right slot and confirm the modification.

Nope, it is a Orange lightsaber with a slot to put in color crystals.

Just some rapid-fire troubleshooting:

Does anything have a Light or Dark requirement?

Is it a purple quality crystal and you are unsubbed thereby making it an Artifact you can't equip without authorization?

Does the item have a proper crystal slot?

When you right click, does it at least try to over-write?

No light/dark requirement

I am subbed

Yes, it is a orange lightsaber so it has an open crystal slot.

Not sure what you mean by "overwrite"

No light/dark requirement

I am subbed

Yes, it is a orange lightsaber so it has an open crystal slot.

Not sure what you mean by "overwrite"

What I mean is when you open the moddable item, and you right click the crystal, does it at least APPEAR in the slot on the item? Is the issue that it won't go over at all, or it gives you an error when you try to press apply?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.