Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cheating in warzones?

Nemmar

It’s obviously a bug and it seems to be easy to replicate it. So if people are doing it on purpose to kill, then it’s no longer just a bug, it’s now a full blown exploit. Which isn’t cool :(

I was also thinking about what Banderal said about clipping. Wether it’s the hair fix or something else, I think this problem may also be linked to the weird lag some people are getting where you run into invisible walls or abilities are being delayed in activating.

It would seem this VS bug is probably part of a bigger problem within the game. If these invisible walls tell us anything, it’s that the server is having trouble working out people’s positioning in the game.

I wonder if this was an attempt to fix the desync problem, but in doing so, it’s messed up a whole bunch of other things.

It’s obviously a bug and it seems to be easy to replicate it. So if people are doing it on purpose to kill, then it’s no longer just a bug, it’s now a full blown exploit. Which isn’t cool :(

I was also thinking about what Banderal said about clipping. Wether it’s the hair fix or something else, I think this problem may also be linked to the weird lag some people are getting where you run into invisible walls or abilities are being delayed in activating.

It would seem this VS bug is probably part of a bigger problem within the game. If these invisible walls tell us anything, it’s that the server is having trouble working out people’s positioning in the game.

I wonder if this was an attempt to fix the desync problem, but in doing so, it’s messed up a whole bunch of other things.

Yes, I agree that's it's probably related to the same issue. This is also likely why the bug seems to happen predominantly in VS (due to the safeguards the devs put into place to instakill players trying to skip ahead). Either way, they need to fix it ASAP, so I'm sure we can look forward to a patch with 6.0 in September. :p:rolleyes:

Yes, I agree that's it's probably related to the same issue. This is also likely why the bug seems to happen predominantly in VS (due to the safeguards the devs put into place to instakill players trying to skip ahead). Either way, they need to fix it ASAP, so I'm sure we can look forward to a patch with 6.0 in September. :p:rolleyes:

It’s also affecting the instant death in Yavin. I’ve been stuck under the side stairs twice since 5.10.2 and not instant died. Even /stuck doesn’t work to kill you. The only way out is if someone pulls you or an opponent AOEs you to death because otherwise they can’t hit you.

I’ve started seeing other people using a hack to phase through walls again and come back out again when the danger is gone or they’ve healed to full.

Which means the anti hack - instant death isn’t working in Yavin, I’ve not seen this in any other map.

Just had it happen to me on VS. Was mid-way crossing the bridge (hadn't clicked the term and hadn't got to the door to plant) when I got blown back. Didn't get knocked off the edge, it was a straight backwards in the middle, and boom - Died 0 Dmg.

Is the instant death bug still happening after the server restarts?

Yes. Also got new one. Defenders die if pushed into shield wall before bridge controls. However not exactly sure for that, I pushed guy to ledge where wall end, so he stopped falling kinda hit the wall then died :D

Edited by alexzk

Yes. Also got new one. Defenders die if pushed into shield wall before bridge controls. However not exactly sure for that, I pushed guy to ledge where wall end, so he stopped falling kinda hit the wall then died :D

That was happening before too. Either the door or the shield would instant kill.

So I’m guessing this bug wasn’t fixed with the patch? Can anyone confirm?

Geometry in VS definitely bugged...for giggles popping people as fast as I can press a key with Mobile Strategies on my Op.

Jugg/Guardians can basically kill from anywhere with Push past the first doors.

GG Bioware.

May not want to publicly admit proudly to engaging in exploits.

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

Brah ain't nobody got time for bugs have you seen the new preview window?

May not want to publicly admit proudly to engaging in exploits.

Oh noes! :eek: Much like Ranked wintraders and exploiters if I do it another 4+ years maybe BW will catch on and think about doing something.

Brah ain't nobody got time for bugs .

This is a game breaking bug for Void Star. If VS pops, I just leave before it starts and I’ve seen many others doing the same because there are too many people exploiting this bug and there is really no defence against it.

This is more than just a bug. It’s now a full blown exploit and that is something Bioware do need to fix ASAP.

Had a voidstar just now literally and no one was dying to the instant kill anymore even after being pushed into doors on the attacking side, seems like it should be fixed now

Well, I hope so. I’ve not played a VS since the patch because people were still saying it wasn’t fixed. So I guess I’ll stay next time it pops and find out.

Yeah I had this happen to me in Voidstar mabye now week ago. Was planting on door and then I just died from sin. I type in ops chat "*** I just died from 0 dmg". Someone says they as well. Ask if it's a cheat or hack. I say gotta be one of those,then 3rd party says, no just some bug that you get killed, if you stand too close or whatever excuse they used. Or something being knocked into door or whatever. Whic of course I tried 2nd round that tactic and IT NEVER KILLED ANYONE:

And you really go from whatever hp % you have to 0% to respawn. And there are also some dot sins, who can also do crazy amounts of dmg in span of 5s or so, but you won't do more than 10% dmg on them. It'll eat through all your defensive cd's like they aren't there,no matter what class you are on. And even if you face them 30s later, where they probably already used some of their dcd's and it won't make a difference.

There are for sure some cheaters in game,but BW will never do anything about it. They just surviving on STAR WARS ip.

It sounds like the anti hack feature is bugged. You know, the one that is supposed to instant kill you if you try to phase through the door or bridge shield in VS.

It would seem that if you get blown into one of those areas, it instant kills you because it thinks you were trying to do something illegal.

On the flip side. It’s also bugged in a different way in Yavin.

I leapt to an enemy near the side turret stairs and fell through the stairs. I ended up getting stuck underneath them and couldn’t get out. It was like hiding under a framed bed because I was lying down.

This has happened to me before, but when they added the anti hack measures last year, it would instant kill me if it bugged out like this.

Now it seems it’s bugged or turned off. Which makes sense as I’ve seen people phasing through walls again in Civil War to escape getting hit or to cap nodes.

hi :D this is a

with yavin bug u mentioned (or am i mistaken?) unfortunately i was recording before it happed (i was leaping from a node to a enemy player).

i was trying to get footage of the voidstar bug as I know I have it but can't find the video.

Edited by SushaBrancaleone

hi :D this is a
with yavin bug u mentioned (or am i mistaken?) unfortunately i was recording before it happed (i was leaping from a node to a enemy player).

i was trying to get footage of the voidstar bug as I know I have it but can't find the video.

Not seen that exact one before. Although I have fallen to my death through the map in a similar manner.

The bug I mean is when you actually get stuck under the stairs, between the ground and the stairs. It’s like being underneath the sports bleachers because you can see the frames.

Here is a pic I took 11 months ago. https://imgur.com/gallery/usQczKr

Not seen that exact one before. Although I have fallen to my death through the map in a similar manner.

The bug I mean is when you actually get stuck under the stairs, between the ground and the stairs. It’s like being underneath the sports bleachers because you can see the frames.

Here is a pic I took 11 months ago. https://imgur.com/gallery/usQczKr

ah i c.

not answering you but generally in the discussion, I wanted to say: mixing the words - hacking, cheating and exploiting just furthers confusion.

My point is, while I wouldn't condone players using known exploits to their advantage, repeatedly,

I certainly see that as a minor infraction compared to 'hacking' the game. I would consider a hack a third party that adds functionality to the game that isnt there etc.

hope this helps the discussion. If i find that voidstar i streamed with the bug mentioned in this thread ill ... be back!

ah i c.

not answering you but generally in the discussion, I wanted to say: mixing the words - hacking, cheating and exploiting just furthers confusion.

My point is, while I wouldn't condone players using known exploits to their advantage, repeatedly,

I certainly see that as a minor infraction compared to 'hacking' the game. I would consider a hack a third party that adds functionality to the game that isnt there etc.

hope this helps the discussion. If i find that voidstar i streamed with the bug mentioned in this thread ill ... be back!

Yes, I agree. People often mix up the terms because they don’t know the different ways people can cheat. So the word “hack” gets used a lot for most forms of cheating.

I prefer to use the word cheat when generalising and then give an example if I need to describe the cheat.

Exploiting a bug that is so easy to reproduce because it happens wether you want it to or not isn’t something they can police. The only thing that needs to happen is Bioware need to fix the bug fast.

But exploiting a hard to do bug on purpose because you specially learn how to do it, should be traceable and Bioware should “consider” some sort of system to warn players who’ve repeatedly been found doing it until Bioware can fix it.

If they then continue a pattern of replicating the exploit on purpose to cheat, then Bioware should take further measures.

Sadly, those sort of hard to replicate exploits are kept secret by those using them. They don’t report the bug and can go months or years using them to cheat.

While that isn’t hacking and isn’t as serious offence. It is still cheating and I don’t think anyone wants people doing that.

Some bugs can’t be helped. ie, me getting stuck under the stairs doesn’t help me at all. Of course I can only be killed if someone AOEs me, but if they are smart they would just leave me there all match because I can’t do anything.

Hacking in pvp should have the harshest penalties in the game. It should be treated the same as if someone hacked the CM and got free gear or CCS. People doing that are instantly banned within days or hours and their accounts closed permanently. This same punishment should be applied to “any hacking’” in the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.