Mislead by the SWTOR store. Please help.

BurningDT

I recently returned after not having played in many years and figured I'd purchase a few things to make my leveling quicker as I am playing mostly single player to experience the stories, specifically the Imperial Agent story as I heard it was great. I searched under the account unlock section of the store and purchased the "Ultimate Leveling Bundle." I used the bundle on my old main, not thinking anything of it, since it was under the account unlock section.

Apparently that unlocks stuff for the legacy on that specific character, so now its unlocked on my level 50 and not the character I wanted, let alone account wide like I expected.

Before I submitted my ticket, I triple checked where the pack was located, under account unlocks and the description of the item. Nowhere did it say unlocks for an individual character. I wish I would have screenshotted it, but unfortunately I didn't.

However, you can see on the swtordata site showing the bullets as listed exactly how they were shown in the store.

http://swtordata.com/cartel/cartelitems/149

They came back saying they're BOE and once I wait the requisite three days I can transfer them. Which I had clearly explained in the ticket that I had used them.

Since that time, they've added a bullet to them saying "The items in this bundle are available for a single character."

I understand I am an idiot for not understanding how the legacy system works before buying it. I am just wondering, is there anywhere else I can reach out to? I am not looking for a refund, I'll deal with it on one character, I'd just like the unlocks to be on my Imperial Agent that I am trying to level.

Hmm, unfortunately there isn't much that can be done. If asking them to transfer it doesn't work given the misunderstanding, you're kinda out of luck.

That being said, not entirely useless, as most of those perks still apply post 50.

Before buying it again though, I'd suggest just playing without to see if the leveling experience is good enough. They increased leveling speed considerably awhile back, I don't find the perks that important

Edited by MadDutchman

Hmm, unfortunately there isn't much that can be done. If asking them to transfer it doesn't work given the misunderstanding, you're kinda out of luck.

That being said, not entirely useless, as most of those perks still apply post 50.

Before buying it again though, I'd suggest just playing without to see if the leveling experience is good enough. They increased leveling speed considerably awhile back, I don't find the perks that important

I actually tried playing an agent character on a ftp account without any extra leveling perks beyond the quest rewards. Very time consuming and cannot level on just class quests alone and be level appropriate for the next planet in class series. A subscriber can get through all the class stories without those perks.

To the OP, that really bites, and I have made similar purchasing errors, but in the end it falls on looking closely at everything. For example, the Ultimate Leveling Bundle's Show Details tab has one line description that says, "This bundle contains Character Perk Unlocks", which refers to the Character Perks tab of the Legacy Window. That doesn't readily make it apparent that it means character only until you see the tab for Global Unlocks has a sub set called Other that is for Legacy wide unlocks (not to be confused with account wide unlocks).

That bundle you purchased, though was something that could have been transferred to the other character, either as one solid bundle or in piecemeal before application, so it is doubtful that In-Game support will transfer that but doesn't hurt to ask them.

Depending on how much you have in your Legacy Bank, assuming you have been transferring credits to it, it is possible for your new character to purchase all the unlocks using credits alone, and you can find the XP boosts for sale all the time on GTN.

In the end, you were not an idiot. Just unaware of those minor details, aka small print.

I actually tried playing an agent character on a ftp account without any extra leveling perks beyond the quest rewards. Very time consuming and cannot level on just class quests alone and be level appropriate for the next planet in class series. A subscriber can get through all the class stories without those perks.

To the OP, that really bites, and I have made similar purchasing errors, but in the end it falls on looking closely at everything. For example, the Ultimate Leveling Bundle's Show Details tab has one line description that says, "This bundle contains Character Perk Unlocks", which refers to the Character Perks tab of the Legacy Window. That doesn't readily make it apparent that it means character only until you see the tab for Global Unlocks has a sub set called Other that is for Legacy wide unlocks (not to be confused with account wide unlocks).

That bundle you purchased, though was something that could have been transferred to the other character, either as one solid bundle or in piecemeal before application, so it is doubtful that In-Game support will transfer that but doesn't hurt to ask them.

Depending on how much you have in your Legacy Bank, assuming you have been transferring credits to it, it is possible for your new character to purchase all the unlocks using credits alone, and you can find the XP boosts for sale all the time on GTN.

In the end, you were not an idiot. Just unaware of those minor details, aka small print.

Unfortunately the description "this bundle contains character perk unlocks" is not descriptive enough to people who are new/returning. I would have never even realized to look into the Legacy, especially because the filter I was using in the store was called "account unlocks." The other stuff I purchased on the account unlocks was account wide, like a hair style etc.

The newly added description, added after my ticket and subsequent tickets is descriptive enough, you would think they would make the exception since I was the one who brought it to light. The new description says "the items in this bundle are for a single character." Which if that was the case when I purchased it, I would have known and not used them on a character I have no intention currently of leveling.

Oh well, at least I am glad my ticket made BioWare take action to further label the pack and other similar packs, and hopefully it prevents someone in the future from making the same mistake I did. I do have some gold saved, so I'll just unlock some with that, thanks for the tip.

I just wanted to level through purely my story without having to do the zone sidequests. :(

Edited by BurningDT

I just wanted to level through purely my story without having to do the zone sidequests. :(

You can use credits to buy the story experience boosts quite reasonably. Probably will still have to run a few extra missions such as planetary arcs or a few flashpoints but for the most part you can do pure story as is.

If you do all the main (purple triangle) missions, you can very easily level on just those, even without the perks.

Unfortunately the description "this bundle contains character perk unlocks" is not descriptive enough to people who are new/returning. I would have never even realized to look into the Legacy, especially because the filter I was using in the store was called "account unlocks." The other stuff I purchased on the account unlocks was account wide, like a hair style etc.

The newly added description, added after my ticket and subsequent tickets is descriptive enough, you would think they would make the exception since I was the one who brought it to light. The new description says "the items in this bundle are for a single character." Which if that was the case when I purchased it, I would have known and not used them on a character I have no intention currently of leveling.

Oh well, at least I am glad my ticket made BioWare take action to further label the pack and other similar packs, and hopefully it prevents someone in the future from making the same mistake I did. I do have some gold saved, so I'll just unlock some with that, thanks for the tip.

If you're bored of doing the planet specific missions (not the class quests, you have to do those) I've found that you actually level more by running the heroic 2+. Plus they give you better gear, more credits, and you can solo them with your comp. If you pair up with someone else, they go even faster, but solo they're doable.

• Dev Post

Although I can't speak directly to some of your questions (it is good you have reached out to CS for those), I wanted to point out your feedback regarding the title of that category. Although it is our intent that each item's tooltip serves to be descriptive of exactly what you are getting, we definitely see where the category title could be confusing as each item could be character, Legacy, or account.

I have passed that on to the team and we will look to rename that category to "Unlocks" instead of "Account Unlocks" in a future update.

Thanks!

-eric

I have passed that on to the team and we will look to rename that category to "Unlocks" instead of "Account Unlocks" in a future update.

Please also pass on that the "Legacy unlock" for Speeder piloting IV and V in the Cartel Market is misleading.

It does not, in fact, unlock Speeder Piloting levels 4 and 5 for your Legacy, just the one character.

:mad:

Please also pass on that the "Legacy unlock" for Speeder piloting IV and V in the Cartel Market is misleading.

It does not, in fact, unlock Speeder Piloting levels 4 and 5 for your Legacy, just the one character.

:mad:

If they would come out with legacy unlock for those, I'd be all over them! Seriously, I'll pay for just about any legacy unlock, but not a dime for a character one.

Although I can't speak directly to some of your questions (it is good you have reached out to CS for those), I wanted to point out your feedback regarding the title of that category. Although it is our intent that each item's tooltip serves to be descriptive of exactly what you are getting, we definitely see where the category title could be confusing as each item could be character, Legacy, or account.

Thanks!

-eric

Eric,

could you also pass onto the team that there are still outfits on the Cartel market that severely bugged (clipping wise).

I purchased an outfit specifically for the helmet and it’s unusable because all the hair sticks through it.

“Battle-hardened apprentice’s helm”

The only characters that can wear it are bald ones.

Ie, what it’s supposed to look like and what it actually looks like

https://imgur.com/gallery/1ryyOk0

That is extremely misleading when you view it on the CM or in your collections.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Thanks!

-eric

You might want to go one better and use "Character Unlocks" that can't be misinterpreted for dimwits like me. I frequently get caught out by descriptions that aren't clear.

Eric,

could you also pass onto the team that there are still outfits on the Cartel market that severely bugged (clipping wise).

I purchased an outfit specifically for the helmet and it’s unusable because all the hair sticks through it.

“Battle-hardened apprentice’s helm”

The only characters that can wear it are bald ones.

Ie, what it’s supposed to look like and what it actually looks like

https://imgur.com/gallery/1ryyOk0

That is extremely misleading when you view it on the CM or in your collections.

Noooo, don't change that one. It looks awesome on my Zabrak with the way his horns and Mohawk stick out from it, LOL.

Seriously, that is the only character I used that outfit on so didn't realize it was considered a bug, but it really is pretty much the only head covering that makes sense for characters with horns.

What server are you on Burning??

While I may not be able to help with some of that, I can give you boosts for the toon you're leveling if you're on my server.

I truly appreciate the offer but I wouldn't feel right taking something from others over this. I'm just hoping the ticket will accomplish something.

Thank you very much for the offer though!

What server are you on Burning??

While I may not be able to help with some of that, I can give you boosts for the toon you're leveling if you're on my server.

This is such a great example of what Star Wars' community should be like, that I'm giving you my saved up "link click."

Well done.

This is such a great example of what Star Wars' community should be like, that I'm giving you my saved up "link click."

Well done.

Very true. Everyone has been very understanding and great about it. Someone on SWTOR Reddit also offered me the same, of which I also politely declined.

It is a real good look for the SWTOR community. I'd have been laughed off the WoW forums for a post like this, haha.

Noooo, don't change that one. It looks awesome on my Zabrak with the way his horns and Mohawk stick out from it, LOL.

Seriously, that is the only character I used that outfit on so didn't realize it was considered a bug, but it really is pretty much the only head covering that makes sense for characters with horns.

Try testing it on any characters that have hair and you will quickly realise how broken it is. The QA on that outfit is so bad that I can’t believe it even made it live.

Just to provide an update, I was told I’m basically SOL.

At least I got them to change the description on the items themselves and possibly regarding the “account unlock” label so people don’t make the same mistake in the future.

As I have reviewed your case, I can see that we have already provided you with the best possible resolution of this case that would have loved to transfer the items to your character Silyun or the items unlock account wide. Sadly as the items are unlocked on the character we do not have the option to move or remove them anymore or can be used as account wide.. Apologies but unfortunately there are no further options available in the given situation and no further investigation will be performed.

As we have already completed our investigation and confirmed everything, unfortunately we would not be able to proceed ahead with query and wwe will not be replying to any of the tickets related to this query. You may always contact us for other issues or problems and we will be more than happy to help you again.

Edited by BurningDT