I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only

Felioats

the free month can't come any sooner, too many casuals chose to try an mmo that think everything should be handed to them in their mailbox every hour on the hour because they pay a monthly sub..Please leave swtor so the forums will be a lot more cleaner. Edited by warkat

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand. If I was not able to wield a green saber I would /wrists but it happens to be a pretty easy color to find. Anyone else out there pass up the color crystal with better stats for the color you MUST use? I do every time.

Crystals never should have had stats at all. They should have been a pure color customization option like in KOTOR.

We also desperately need an appearance tab.

Having your character look the way you want should be separate from all the gear grinding mess that MMOs feature nowadays.

It also ultimately results in a lot more variety in how people look which is a very good thing.

I want "push magic button I have purple crystal" I want " push magic button I'm a tank" I want "push magic button I'm a healer" I want "push magic button I'm dps" I want "push magic button I have epic gear" I want "push magic button I win pvp" I want! I want! I want! I want!

I like the idea that the nicer, rarer crystals are something you have to work for. I don't like that there is only "one path" to getting certain ones, nor do I like the fact that in some cases (like the pvp sabers) the crystal is fixed into the weapon and not removable. Kinda defeats the point of moddable items if some mods can't be removed, doesn't it?

I don't care if it takes 1,000,000 commendations, as long as there is some path toward getting one that I can take.

A rare drop means there's a real chance I'll never get one, no matter how hard I try. And while I love single group content, under no circumstance will I raid.

If it's unattainable for me, I'll take it as an insult to my playstyle and, by extension, myself.

I guess people can say that's my own darn fault, but I want to make my feelings on the matter known, regardless of how they are judged.

Oh I can play this game too! I'll quit if YOU Get your way!

Honestly, though, you are taking a VIDEO GAME personally AS AN INSULT. You need to seek out an addiction counsular, since obviously you are being offended by a decision to reward end game players. Seek help, my friend. Come back when you aren't personally offended by a decision in the development of a video game that is about a REWARD for doing something hard.

Color crystals or any largely appearance item should not force us into a certain playstyle. There should be colors you can get from questing, colors you can get from crafting, and colors you can get from raiding. Maybe the only difference is the shade of color? Who knows.

But you should have options in the game for every play style.

This was a limitation that absolutely did not need to be a limitation. It's a color.

I'm not threatening to quit. I can only tell you that I will eventually quit when my interest wanes. And it has begun to wane a bit. The last series of quests on Corellia were pretty mind numbing, so I haven't bothered finishing them, for example. I was looking forward to exploring, gearing up, crafting, and the occasional end-game FP or Operation, but I've found in the last 5 levels that I wasn't really looking forward to it anymore due to a lack of viable options.

I'm not unreasonable. A lot of the stuff is bugged, and I have no desire to mess with it right now (JK end of class emperor fight for example). So I'll do dailies, and work on gearing up with those and datacrons. For some reason the last patch has made PVP unplayable for me due to FPS performance issues).

Even a "we're working on this" or "We hear you, and we'll give you a possible time frame for this at some point."

Edited by CriticalMasses

It's the same age old MMO problem.

Everyone wants to be unique and have the rare look/item/spec whatever.

But the reality is if everyone can have it then NO ONE is unique or special, and that cuts out a LOT of the player base who is motivated by earning rare things.

Hard to please those casuals who just want the color they want and the hard core players who want it to prove they're elite.

lol. Typical mmo player logic.

You know that people might want this for lore reasons, role-playing or shaping the character the way they imagine?

This argument is the silliest i have ever seen in the whole discussion about color crystals.

no your argument is silly!@

Reading up on crystals and color options was exciting at first, then the rare drop part of it came into play really was a let down.

I like the long leg work so to speak a journey to discover one, but waiting for some boss drop to then discover the recipe really does nothing but limit a cool feel of a journey to the few with the drop.

Top end stat drops with colors on boss sure, Decent stat items with cool colors looks even through non boss drop methods rock.

Sorta like datacron's its fun to get a group running around trying to get to them, it would be lame to say "hey everyone kill that boss get a rare drop for each one of us then we can run around figuring it out as a group 2 months from now as we all are waiting on one to drop..."

Top top end stats are what raid stuff should have, decent stats and cool look color should be obtainable for all (This goes for all crafting imo)

I also am a heavy raid person, but find the coolest things (cosmetic/decent) being limited to a few players to be a shame to the masses.

i don't care about colors, but give me a damn crit crystal that is NOT forbidden for light I and above.

my bounty hunter specc is all around crit. with crits he vents heat. and i can't get decent crystals because apparently the crit crystals are forbidden for me...

I'd like to see purple a little more available, but if I had to choose I'd prefer they go back to no alignment restrictions on RGB crystals first.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughtful and well articulated feedback. We're going to re-discuss this topic internally and see what we can come up with. I wouldn't expect any short term changes on this as we've got a lot of stuff in the pipe right now, but I wanted to let you know that we have taken note of the feedback given in this thread.

-- Georg

Funny...in beta up until the last build or so I could buy a blaster with Coruscant comms that had a purple crystal and strip it out for a lightsaber. How hard would it be to do that again? Sounds like you just want to keep them ultra rare so OCD types will run the same raid, world boss, or whatever 50 times hoping to get it.

i don't care about colors, but give me a damn crit crystal that is NOT forbidden for light I and above.

my bounty hunter specc is all around crit. with crits he vents heat. and i can't get decent crystals because apparently the crit crystals are forbidden for me...

Artificers can make blue, green, and yellow crit crystals.

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

I don't care if it takes 1,000,000 commendations, as long as there is some path toward getting one that I can take.

A rare drop means there's a real chance I'll never get one, no matter how hard I try. And while I love single group content, under no circumstance will I raid.

If it's unattainable for me, I'll take it as an insult to my playstyle and, by extension, myself.

I guess people can say that's my own darn fault, but I want to make my feelings on the matter known, regardless of how they are judged.

Damn Samuel L. Jackson and his extravagant requests. That's the only reason this colour exists anyways. It's not a true Star Wars colour. :D

Edited by BapaJones

ive not stepped foot inside a single raid instance or hardmoe and i have a purple lightsaber... just saying.. they not that rare at alll... try pvp.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughtful and well articulated feedback. We're going to re-discuss this topic internally and see what we can come up with. I wouldn't expect any short term changes on this as we've got a lot of stuff in the pipe right now, but I wanted to let you know that we have taken note of the feedback given in this thread.

-- Georg

Thanks! This is great to hear.

Personally, I'm not interested in a purple crystal for myself, but I'd love to be able to craft them to sell to the masses! :) Then again, if they were a rare bind-on-pickup, and I happened to find one, then I'd show off the bling. :)

Edited by ZenBones

I agree, why make ANY color hard to get? I can kind of understand the weirder colors, like black-red and black-blue, but all the solid colors at least should be craftable from artifice if not easy to get.

This, I agree with; if nothing else, at least make the schematic obtainable in some reasonable fashion. Please note that I did not say easy, I just said reasonably obtainable. Make it a boss drop in a FP, or maybe you need to find it through Slicing, Treasure Hunting, or Underworld Trading. The fact remains that for something fairly ordinary, making the requirements to get it astronomically high makes no sense.

To assist future "I'm going to quit because something isn't in game after 3 weeks" threads, please feel free to use either standard complaint forms.

GENERAL COMPLAINT FORM #1 (used when _________________ is not implemented yet in game):

I DEMAND _________________ and clearly, by not including _________________ , Bioware and evil EA are intentionally insulting me. I refuse to play a game where my demands for _________________ are not promptly satisfied and anyone that thinks that I should wait for more then 2 weeks to receive _________________, is just a fanboy without common sense. Although I have had fun playing every other aspect of this brand new game, I am cancelling my subscription because the lack of _________________ is an insult.

GENERAL COMPLAINT FORM #2 (for use after _________________ is implemented in game):

I DEMAND Bioware and evil EA immediately remove _________________ from the game. _________________ should be something special and I worked hard to get _________________, but now, anyone can get _________________. I have been playing since beta and it is an insult that anyone can now get _________________. The fact that anyone can get _________________ is clearly an insult to all of us that have invested so much time and money into this game. Despite my years of otherwise enjoying this game, I am cancelling my account due to this insult.

I feel the itemization for the color crystal slot is currently far too restrictive, period.

First off, choice of color really should be more a style thing. Granted, I'm fine with some being more difficult to obtain than others, but the absence of a swap-able purple and the manner in which one obtains the schematics for magenta/white/etc I feel is a bit overwrought and archaic. Give Artificers more color options, even if obtaining some of those more unique colors require long, epic quest lines or large farming commitments. *Spoilers* Having them be a rare drop off of world bosses is a tad disheartening as it shuts out the option for a lot of dedicated crafters that aren't raiders. The TOR universe has so much space, it's begging for some sort of epic rewards and riches quests for crafters.

Secondly, there should be more stat boost options per color. It's a shame that if I want to use an orange saber, I'm putting myself at a PvE endgame disadvantage if say +Power is the stat I want to stack from a min/max perspective. Being forced to use a certain color due to stat allocations is not a fun mechanic.

It's about options, Georg. Let me farm every day for the next month for my Turquoise color crystal in all its stat allocations. This way I can get whatever style and stats I want. Give progression raiders the ability to boost a crystal's power, so they can still have the best of the best of whatever style and stat they want. Everyone wins.

Edited by Jetteseraph

My suggestion:

Rework Artifice.

Give Empire side Artifice access to Red and Yellow.

Give Republic side Artifice access to Blue and Yellow.

Allow for crafting to MAKE any blend of those colors. 1R + 1Y = a washed out light orange. 3R+3Y = vibrant deep orange. 5R+1Y = a much deeper redder orange. As you go up tiers of crafting you get access to blend more and more of each color.

Implement cross faction access (i.e. Republic access to red and empire to blue) as a end game reward...be it raiding, top tier pvp, pve etc. But ONLY allow for 1 point of the opposing color to be used per method earned.

PvP = 1 of the opposing color.

Raid = 1 of the opposing color.

Legacy points = 1 of the opposing color.

PvE finish your class quest = 1 of the opposing color.

World boss = 1 of the opposing color.

A 5R + 5B would be a nice rich deep purple. But to be able to make that "true" purple you'd need all 5...otherwise it'd tend to be a bit bluer, or redder based on your faction.

Then save the extreme rare stuff, black cores/white/metalics for future expansions and development.

This way a fairly new crafter could make "a" purple...just not "THE" purple without considerable investment of time and effort.

Real black would only be open to 5R + 5B + 5Y. There'd eb 216 different colors in the world. Artifice would have SOME end game niche, currently there is none once you've leveled up.

Also remove stats from color...make stat crystals seperate entities.

Grandfather the current stat/color crystals to work in the "stat" slot only.

Done.

Edited by thanealpha

Hey guys,

-- Georg

Thank you, Georg!

You make my heart swell with happiness. I know you haven't promised anything specific, but just knowing you are looking into it brings me great joy. My face actually flushed.

:jawa_biggrin: :jawa_biggrin: :jawa_biggrin:

I fear some who have mischaracterized my honest feedback as some sort of threat may also misinterpret the reason for your response, however.

To be clear, I never threatened to take my ball and go home. I said, "This is how strongly I feel about this, and this is why."

Edited by Felioats