The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Eve spaceflight

Kairushi

Any way they could make the space flight like Eve. I loved the you could traverse the universe.

Why? We only have 17 planets to visit. Eve actually doesn't have many more either, just renamed and replicated with slight changes to give the illusion of a large universe.

Actually, while I like EVE's spaceflight, I find it ill-fitting for Star Wars. In EVE, you're just one person controlling a massive ship. While those ships might have crews, you never encounter them, and you are in personal control of every element of the fighting, from shooting missiles to damage control.

Star Wars ship combat is much more dynamic, with snub fighters zipping all over the place, docking bays to repair and maintain them, boarding parties, defensive parties to repel said boarders, engineering crews, turbolaster gunners, navigators, and a command heirarchy. In short, capital ships in Star Wars are far more analagous to real-life aircraft carriers than to anything we see in EVE.

I like EVE, but I'd like an advanced space sim in TOR to be far more gritty, detailed, and small-scale, with individual ships mattering way more to a guild than they do in EVE.

Edited by AJediKnight

I like space the way it is now. Its very cinematic, feels JUST like space battles in the movies. Honestly the on-rails thing works great to replicate that movie feel. After all during the attack on the Death Star was Luke flying wherever the hell he felt like, nope he was going straight down that trench.

I like space the way it is now. Its very cinematic, feels JUST like space battles in the movies. Honestly the on-rails thing works great to replicate that movie feel. After all during the attack on the Death Star was Luke flying wherever the hell he felt like, nope he was going straight down that trench.

The way it is now sucks. It has no multiplayer elements, almost zero replay value, and isn't even fun.

Any way they could make the space flight like Eve. I loved the you could traverse the universe.

I'd like if we could go anywhere in our ships, but EvE treats spaceflight as a realistic option. Huge ships, slow travel, etc.

Star Wars isn't based on that premise. Star Wars is World War 2 in space. You have gigantic naval battles (Star Destroyers, Corvettes, etc) in space with fighters (X-Wings & TIE fighters) and bombers (Y - wings) overhead causing massive damage.

Hell, even half the guns in the Star Wars universe are WW2 models. Han Solo's blaster (DL 44) was based on the Mauser C96. The E-11 blaster used by stormtroopers was a british sub-machine gun. Heck, even Stormtroopers were pulled straight from WW2.

Space combat is on-rails and has no multi-player aspect (it's the only gameplay element that has no MP connection right now). I'm not going to decide, which is the bigger issue.

Can anyone find the connection between this post and the topic at hand?

No submarines in space with incredibly slow combat, please. :D

College calculus classes should really just make the kids play EvE for the whole semester... they'd learn more calculus trying to theorycraft optimum orbit and speeds than trying to understand the TA who just got to the States from China 45 minutes ago.