Let us kill Lana Beniko

jediknightmiles

Where were you when haters were screaming for Quinn to be killed off? :( The haters and the writers did exactly that, they forced his death onto his fans and those who enjoyed his presence. They didn't care about us, or what we liked or wanted.

They killed him, and then they killed many others. If all that will be left is Lana, I have no interest in playing a game like that. They can take Lana and shove her where the sun doesn't shine. Had they spared the others, they could've spared her too, but if they're all gone, then those that don't want her should get the same option to be rid of her. Fair is fair. I would've rather they not kill any LI companion, but that ship has sailed.

Your love for Quinn is about equal to my love for Theron. Although I don't think Lana should be killed, I don't think I can forgive the writers for what they have done to the other LI's and Theron. Story and interacting with my companions and the romance options we got to pick our favorite companion has been narrowed down. They have silenced everyone now and the game is just a grind for gear and do the same content/ops over and over again.

I don't know about you, but I have kind of had it.

(going back to decorating my stronghold now until subscription runs out)

• Like 1

Then they, the devs, should've said as much. "We're not going to give this character anymore scenes, so here's a kill option."

Why should they? They never expanded on the story in minuscule details before. Plus, there would be a meltdown, and who needs that.

Your love for Quinn is about equal to my love for Theron. Although I don't think Lana should be killed, I don't think I can forgive the writers for what they have done to the other LI's and Theron. Story and interacting with my companions and the romance options we got to pick our favorite companion has been narrowed down. They have silenced everyone now and the game is just a grind for gear and do the same content/ops over and over again.

I don't know about you, but I have kind of had it.

(going back to decorating my stronghold now until subscription runs out)

I agree with you, and I too, have kind of had it. My sub was to run out last Tuesday, I did renew it for another month yesterday, but I am tired. Tired of the same forum fights, tired of the same crap in the game, tired of always having the same damn companion rammed down my throat when others make more sense in certain scenarios. I'm tired of grinding the same lot of dailies to get boxes full of garbage I can't use. Rishi as a stronghold is a disappointment to me, and even decorating has become a chore.

It's time that the story writers either tell us the truth and show us that they aren't going to leave those with death options silent or that they are for good. They need to tell us a timetable of what's coming and what to expect and when. I can respect honesty. I can't respect being jerked along on a string for years on end and I've reached the end of my tether. It's probably just as well I have other things to draw on my time and concern me, and it's leaving me with less energy to concern myself over all this. :(

Edited by Lunafox
  • Like 1

Sounds some of you would have more fun writing fan fiction instead of playing the game. There's only so much freedom that's possible to implement.

Which is why they should have kept focusing on fan favorite LI companions instead of just giving them a kill option or just leaving them abandoned without any further interaction, or comments on zones or whatever and instead of wasting resources on companions no one cares about.

And it doesn't take a poll to know which ones are the most favorite, which aren't that many imo, first ones probably are, Kira, Vette and Jaesa.

And I like Lana yeah, but I would also love to see a better treatment to some of the original fan favorite LI companions, I really hope they don't treat Kira the same way when they decide to return her.

Edited by RickShan

Which is why they should have kept focusing on fan favorite LI companions instead of just giving them a kill option or just leaving them abandoned without any further interaction, or comments on zones or whatever and instead of wasting resources on companions no one cares about.

And it doesn't take a poll to know which ones are the most favorite, which aren't that many imo, first ones probably are, Kira, Vette and Jaesa.

So you'd prefer reading "Please let us kill Kira, Vette and Jaesa"-threads instead?

Well again, Charles has flat out stated that characters' lack of screentime isn't a result of being potential dead in some stories. It seems most people here either don'rt believe him or don't know that.

I didn't know that it was from the horse's mouth. I had assumed dead for some meant dead for everyone and I'm glad to hear that isn't meant to be the case. I hope in future stories they have reason for our vanilla companions to appear in story appropriate ways.

I didn't know that it was from the horse's mouth. I had assumed dead for some meant dead for everyone and I'm glad to hear that isn't meant to be the case. I hope in future stories they have reason for our vanilla companions to appear in story appropriate ways.

I personally don't believe them when they say this. We have so many characters who have been gone for years who all happen to be killable. The 'save' option has meant nothing for them. Even when they would be germane to the story, they're not seen. Case in point, KOTFE and KOTET made it clear how attached Koth was to the Gravestone. But when it had a critical part in Nathema's story, we didn't even see him running to the escape pods with his crew, much less any reaction or commentary from him on the matter. There was no short scene where anyone who romanced Koth could even check that he was OK.

I'd like to think that the devs are finally getting that dead for one should not = dead for all, but their actions haven't demonstrated that. Theron was in 5.10 so maybe they are changing the paradigm, but they also didn't even bother having people's (potentially dead in the story) LIs send their toons an email. If they could guarantee that Lana would continue to be alive and have story content for those who chose to keep her, IMHO there would not be a conflict, because what other people did would not affect her fans' games. But they've given players no reason to trust them on this.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I personally don't believe them when they say this. We have so many characters who have been gone for years who all happen to be killable. The 'save' option has meant nothing for them. Even when they would be germane to the story, they're not seen. Case in point, KOTFE and KOTET made it clear how attached Koth was to the Gravestone. But when it had a critical part in Nathema's story, we didn't even see him running to the escape pods with his crew, much less any reaction or commentary from him on the matter. There was no short scene where anyone who romanced Koth could even check that he was OK.

I'd like to think that the devs are finally getting that dead for one should not = dead for all, but their actions haven't demonstrated that. Theron was in 5.10 so maybe they are changing the paradigm, but they also didn't even bother having people's (potentially dead in the story) LIs send their toons an email. If they could guarantee that Lana would continue to be alive and have story content for those who chose to keep her, IMHO there would not be a conflict, because what other people did would not affect her fans' games. But they've given players no reason to trust them on this.

That's a pretty terrible oversight and crappy way to treat Koth fans, IMO.

My main is a SW and my favourite LI is Quinn. For now I don't feel shafted out of content with him. I liked his story appropriate return and the letters he sent, the last being after Crisis on Umbara which is recent enough that I don't feel forgotten. I didn't get an email from Quinn during JUS and I expected to. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely disappointed, but I'm not feeling screwed out of content with him ….yet, because Jedi Under Siege is the beginning of a new story and I'm willing to wait and see what they do. As you pointed out, Theron got content and he's dead for some. I hope the tide is turning and they work them back into our stories.

That's a pretty terrible oversight and crappy way to treat Koth fans, IMO.

My main is a SW and my favourite LI is Quinn. For now I don't feel shafted out of content with him. I liked his story appropriate return and the letters he sent, the last being after Crisis on Umbara which is recent enough that I don't feel forgotten. I didn't get an email from Quinn during JUS and I expected to. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely disappointed, but I'm not feeling screwed out of content with him ….yet, because Jedi Under Siege is the beginning of a new story and I'm willing to wait and see what they do. As you pointed out, Theron got content and he's dead for some. I hope the tide is turning and they work them back into our stories.

I agree. I have not romanced any characters with Koth and have no plans to, and Koth is not my favorite character, but it still really didn't sit well with me that he was completely excluded. The other three KOTFE-KOTET romances (Lana, Theron, Arcann) all got a moment, but he didn't, and it seemed like they forgot or ignored that some players actually did romance Koth or kept him around.

My main is also a SW and she is with Lana, and so are most of my other toons (F/F), but I do miss hearing from the other non-romanced characters who are saved, like Vette, Jorgan, etc.

I'm just really cynical at this point, so I expect the worst from BW on this, not the best. They promised "meaningful" companion returns and we got 2 minute scenes that were sometimes out of character/with a lot of continuity errors, followed by complete silence for a lot of the characters. They promise that dead doesn't mean bricked, but we really haven't seen them follow through with that on anyone other than Theron and Arcann. I would hope that Lana is popular enough (and the only full romance option for F/F fans - that two minute "I like you after all!" with Jaesa and Nadia really doesn't count for much) that she would get the same courtesy and have some content even if she does face a kill/exile choice, but as I said I just don't trust them on this.

Charles did mention that the "State of the Galaxy" update about Zakuul was actually setting a future story with Koth, so he at least claims that he wants to do more stories with Koth.

His absence from the Nathema Flashpoint is pretty jarring though. At the very least he should have been the character we see looking around the Gravestone before evacuating. He wouldn't even need to talk.I'd have expected him to at least be included to the degree he was in later Kotet Chapters, but I guess not. I really am not sure what explanation they could provide for why they didn't include him other than a lack of imagination, at best.

Charles did mention that the "State of the Galaxy" update about Zakuul was actually setting a future story with Koth, so he at least claims that he wants to do more stories with Koth.

His absence from the Nathema Flashpoint is pretty jarring though. At the very least he should have been the character we see looking around the Gravestone before evacuating. He wouldn't even need to talk.I'd have expected him to at least be included to the degree he was in later Kotet Chapters, but I guess not. I really am not sure what explanation they could provide for why they didn't include him other than a lack of imagination, at best.

My only explanation would be that he was actually not on the Gravestone at that point, but maybe somewhere else on a mission or something like that.

That's the only thing that would make sense, but it doesn't explain why we didn't at the very least received a mail from him at the end of Nathema, it would've been much more logical to see him ordering the evacuation of the Gravestone instead of the Cathar lady.

My only explanation would be that he was actually not on the Gravestone at that point, but maybe somewhere else on a mission or something like that.

That's the only thing that would make sense, but it doesn't explain why we didn't at the very least received a mail from him at the end of Nathema, it would've been much more logical to see him ordering the evacuation of the Gravestone instead of the Cathar lady.

That or he was on Odessen when the Gravestone was destroyed.

If his crew was on the Gravestone IMHO he would have been there with them, and you're right, it would have made much more sense to see him getting everyone off the ship. Even if he were on the ground it would have made sense to have him have a reaction shot, looking up at the Gravestone in horror or something.

They really missed a golden opportunity for a scene with him IMHO. For romanced PCs, of course they could have gone the "I was so worried about you" route. For non-romanced PCs they still could have had a moment where the Commander checked in with him to see how he was doing after losing the Gravestone. Two minutes.

Even if they couldn't do that, they did could have had non-verbal reaction shots and had him send an email to the PC after Nathema. They should have.

I agree. I have not romanced any characters with Koth and have no plans to, and Koth is not my favorite character, but it still really didn't sit well with me that he was completely excluded. The other three KOTFE-KOTET romances (Lana, Theron, Arcann) all got a moment, but he didn't, and it seemed like they forgot or ignored that some players actually did romance Koth or kept him around.

My main is also a SW and she is with Lana, and so are most of my other toons (F/F), but I do miss hearing from the other non-romanced characters who are saved, like Vette, Jorgan, etc.

I'm just really cynical at this point, so I expect the worst from BW on this, not the best. They promised "meaningful" companion returns and we got 2 minute scenes that were sometimes out of character/with a lot of continuity errors, followed by complete silence for a lot of the characters. They promise that dead doesn't mean bricked, but we really haven't seen them follow through with that on anyone other than Theron and Arcann. I would hope that Lana is popular enough (and the only full romance option for F/F fans - that two minute "I like you after all!" with Jaesa and Nadia really doesn't count for much) that she would get the same courtesy and have some content even if she does face a kill/exile choice, but as I said I just don't trust them on this.

I hope for the best and expect the worst. Your cynicism is well founded.

Thinking about the reason for my Lana complaint in Jedi Under Siege because all things considered she didn't get a lot of time; it's the kind of content she got I think is what some of us are frustrated about. I don't want to go on a romantic stroll with her or share my secrets. Now I realise this isn't Lana's fault and I don't want her dead, but I don't want to be so intimate with her either. I hope that makes more sense than just complaining about her getting a scene. It would be nice though to see other characters giving and responding to situations, quests. But that complaint is moot now because we did get other faces in JUS.

If his crew was on the Gravestone IMHO he would have been there with them, and you're right, it would have made much more sense to see him getting everyone off the ship. Even if he were on the ground it would have made sense to have him have a reaction shot, looking up at the Gravestone in horror or something.

They really missed a golden opportunity for a scene with him IMHO. For romanced PCs, of course they could have gone the "I was so worried about you" route. For non-romanced PCs they still could have had a moment where the Commander checked in with him to see how he was doing after losing the Gravestone. Two minutes.

Even if they couldn't do that, they did could have had non-verbal reaction shots and had him send an email to the PC after Nathema. They should have.

I also think he really should've been seen on the Gravestone with the rest of his crew.

A short scene afterward to talk to him would've been nice too and would've given a little something for character romancing him, but even on character who are not romancing him it would've been a nice touch to have a way to ask him how he feels or if they did not want to have a chat with him, at the very least a mail saying that he was sad he lost the ship but was still happy that everyone was okay, because even if the Gravestone was something they can still replace it, but they can't replace people as easilly or something like that.

I had a smuggler who was romancing him, but seeing how he was treated i ended up deleting her :(

Thinking about the reason for my Lana complaint in Jedi Under Siege because all things considered she didn't get a lot of time; it's the kind of content she got I think is what some of us are frustrated about. I don't want to go on a romantic stroll with her or share my secrets. Now I realise this isn't Lana's fault and I don't want her dead, but I don't want to be so intimate with her either. I hope that makes more sense than just complaining about her getting a scene. It would be nice though to see other characters giving and responding to situations, quests. But that complaint is moot now because we did get other faces in JUS.

I think that's my main concern as well.

My JK may consider her a friend, but they don't share a level of intimacy where Lana would be welcomed in her bedroom whil she's sleeping or go on a romantic sunset walk with her. This is something only Theron who is in a romantic relationship with her would be allowed to do.

I'd be fine with these scenes on a character actually romancing her though, that's also why i think the sunset walk for the proposal and a discussion in the hangar for the faction choice at the begining of JUS would've been much more appropriate.

Or start that dialogue in the hangar and then move outside for a character romancing Lana.

Edited by Goreshaga

I hope for the best and expect the worst. Your cynicism is well founded.

The type of content we got with her is definitely part of the frustration for me. The fact that Lana is the ONLY person you're allowed to tell of your true allegiances no matter what is another big part. Then there's the fact she's the one who puts you in contact with the SIS even if Theron is alive (who is canonically good friends with Jonas Balkar). Also giving Lana two romantic scenes and two kisses, when Theron got two lines and a hug and all the other LIs got jack and squat. We spent so little time with our Alliance companions at all in Jedi Under Seige, and most of it was taken up by Lana for everyone. That sort of thing is going to engender resentment for people who aren't big Space Waifu Lana fans already, when we are given so little story content and so much of it focuses on one already seriously overused character.

It would have been much better to give Lana ONE scene total and use the development/writing/animation time and money to give a scene to another LI instead. Koth would've been a good choice honestly; he could have provided a third party perspective on a Republic vs. Empire squabble that he has absolutely no stake in. That would have been interesting, AND it would have provided attention to a very long neglected (and LGBT-friendly) Alliance LI.

The fact that we didn't even get LI letters (but did get letters from people saying 'Peace out dude' and leaving) is probably the most grievous oversight. You can't blame lack of money to spend on voice actors and artists and animation coders for neglecting to put together at least a few sentences of plain text! That would have cost them next to nothing but they couldn't be donkeyed to put in even that small modicum of effort.

Edited by AscendingSky

The fact that we didn't even get LI letters (but did get letters from people saying 'Peace out dude' and leaving) is probably the most grievous oversight. You can't blame lack of money to spend on voice actors and artists and animation coders for neglecting to put together at least a few sentences of plain text! That would have cost them next to nothing but they couldn't be donkeyed to put in even that small modicum of effort.

I was so disappointed not to get an LI letter. I didn't expect to see Quinn, but I did expect/hope for a letter at the very least. It unfairly added to my bitterness towards the content they gave Lana. Did she really need a second scene? Since they have screwed over Koth fans so thoroughly in Nathema Conspiracy perhaps they should have given him an LI scene instead of giving Lana a second scene.

I think the issue is devs being too focused on what a vocal minority on forums think they want. It's one of the thousand cuts on this game. Over the years it has lead to one development dead end after the other and now it has seeped over into narrative.

At this stage my only hope is 6.0 reboots the story by going back to faction stories with new sets of companions and NPCs + some longer term coherent story plan. After KOTFE/KOTET discontinuation it all feels like a bad improv as we go. But given how over-sensitive devs are to twitch chat demands I'm sceptical we'll even get off the "alliance" fence properly... as it would "upset too many players".

I think the issue is devs being too focused on what a vocal minority on forums think they want. It's one of the thousand cuts on this game. Over the years it has lead to one development dead end after the other and now it has seeped over into narrative.

At this stage my only hope is 6.0 reboots the story by going back to faction stories with new sets of companions and NPCs + some longer term coherent story plan. After KOTFE/KOTET discontinuation it all feels like a bad improv as we go. But given how over-sensitive devs are to twitch chat demands I'm sceptical we'll even get off the "alliance" fence properly... as it would "upset too many players".

I would love to get out of the alliance and go back to just being The Empire's Wrath. Hopefully they work towards that in the future. I feel like being commander of the alliance is a nightmare my SW can't wake from.