The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

i just realized how dependent i am on mako

xioix

just unlocked gault 15 mins ago and i can't wait to get mako back. i think i have to go back to my ship to complete the quest and then i can summon mako back.

with mako, my hp rarely goes below 85% but i'm just testing gault and i've seen my hp drop to 65%! this is against silver mobs so i might die against gold elites.

it sucks because i was really looking forward to unlocking other companions but it looks like i need a healer with me...

Edited by xioix

just unlocked gault 15 mins ago and i can't wait to get mako back. i think i have to go back to my ship to complete the quest and then i can summon mako back.

with mako, my hp rarely goes below 85% but i'm just testing gault and i've seen my hp drop to 65%! this is against silver mobs so i might die against gold elites.

it sucks because i was really looking forward to unlocking other companions but it looks like i need a healer with me...

I had the same realization. Wasn't too big of a deal because gault looks dumb, and so does the guy you get on taris, but I was looking forward to using blizz.

Mako's personality is annoying too, for being a bounty hunter companion (imo).

Them's fightin' words. I love Mako!

Then again, I'm a light side Bounty Hunter. She goes perfectly with me.

I'm neutral and she's bad for business! She always wants me to let people go that I'm contracted to kill -_-

Not to mention she's kind of a psychopath. I can blow up a spaceport filled with civilians and she's really upset and gets preechy, but then I just buy her a tech trinket for her to futz around with and she totally forgets about it. That's more sociopathic then just admitting you don't have a problem killing innocent people imo :p

"I can't believe you killed that unarmed person just for money!"

"Well with that money, I bought you this holoprojecter mako"

"You're Awesome!!!"

I'm neutral and she's bad for business! She always wants me to let people go that I'm contracted to kill -_-

Bounty Hunter != Assassin

So my Bounty Hunter avoids killing whenever possible. From her point of view, if you want someone killed -- hire an assassin. If you want someone captured and brought in, then she's your girl.

Sometimes my Bounty Hunter will accept a job to kill someone, but if she can avoid actually doing the killing, then she will.

That frame of mind seems to suit Mako.

Edited by USSDefiant

I had the same realization. Wasn't too big of a deal because gault looks dumb, and so does the guy you get on taris, but I was looking forward to using blizz.

Mako's personality is annoying too, for being a bounty hunter companion (imo).

Seriously. She's so soft. It's like she's that chick from Twilight. Whiny and useless.

So my Bounty Hunter avoids killing whenever possible. From her point of view, if you want someone killed -- hire an assassin. If you want someone captured and brought in, then she's your girl.

Sometimes my Bounty Hunter will accept a job to kill someone, but if she can avoid actually doing the killing, then she will.

Totally, I'm the same way. Captures usually = big bonus. However, if you're contracted to kill someone and then just let them go that's bad for business. A good example of this is that dude's wife on balmorra. He specificly brings you in to kill her, but if you do you lose rep with Mako.

Mako's sole reason for accompanying me is to keep my *** alive and healthy. I do not care whether she likes me or not. That being said, I have a lot of positive affection from her. I am 2400 Dark Side and still get positive affection from her 8/10 times. I get 15-30 positive, but when I lose affection, it's one point at a time, usually.

thats because its the BH code.

Every character gains affection when you make lightside choices except for the last companion.

In any case, Gault is good if you want to mow down mobs faster, while Mako keeps you alive. If you're tank spec or healing spec, Gault is better. DPS spec, Mako is better.

All you need to do when using Mako is think Lacy Chabert and thats all you really need :p and you will want her around you all the time.

Don't know who Lacy Chabert is ? She is the voice for Mako and google her to see some pics cause WOOOOOZZZZZAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she can rub ointment on my wounds any day of the week.

oh

my

god

Yeah seriously.

Who would've thought the skinny, knock-kneed, awkward looking younger sister from Lost in Space would grow up into THAT.

On topic: I am completely dependent on Mako. I am on a PvP server and none of the other companions can hold a candle to her when you get yourself into a scrum.

Who would've thought the skinny, knock-kneed, awkward looking younger sister from Lost in Space would grow up into THAT.

psh. party of five. she was cute even at the time of lost in space anyway. (i'm pretty much her age though... so it's ok.)

I've developed a proper kiting technique. It's all the years of MMO'ing playing range type characters. Bosses that are not range you can use the sniper companion and kill faster than ever before. Of course you have to run in circles at a 10M range firing your flame burst coupled with rail shots when it procs but all is good :)

Mako is the most upgraded for me at the moment. Although I just recently equipped that sniper with a blue sniper rifle and he is doing sick damage. I like to switch it up but as a PURE Pyrotech PvP DPS spec, Mako wins hands down. Plus, I am light side being an honorable Mandolorian type that will only kill unless I have to she fits the story line nicely. Plus, she helps me gather purple materials when she is so happy with me.