New gearing and bound enhancements, mods?

DarthObelisk

Has it be made aware why the Dev's made the Enhancements bound to the body slot ?

It takes away a very big and deep part of the MMO. Gearing your character up the y way you want to and not being forced into this cookie cutter mode of a character that is supposed to fit everyone.

Some people might choose to go with a higher alacrity rating in their character build while some may choose the higher crit path. the point it is they have taken away a ver big part of playing this game and gearing your character up.

right now my shadow/assassin is at a stand still using the new gear (252) my accuracy is way off. currently the accuracy is at 712 with their 252 gear and a accuracy stim if you put one 236 rating accuracy augment in its too high at 810 (110.70%).

Then i hear that this gear being bound to the body slot was intentional ??

I hope they rethink and fix this problem before its too late and people start leaving

Has it be made aware why the Dev's made the Enhancements bound to the body slot ?

It takes away a very big and deep part of the MMO. Gearing your character up the y way you want to and not being forced into this cookie cutter mode of a character that is supposed to fit everyone.

Some people might choose to go with a higher alacrity rating in their character build while some may choose the higher crit path. the point it is they have taken away a ver big part of playing this game and gearing your character up.

right now my shadow/assassin is at a stand still using the new gear (252) my accuracy is way off. currently the accuracy is at 712 with their 252 gear and a accuracy stim if you put one 236 rating accuracy augment in its too high at 810 (110.70%).

I hope they rethink and fix this problem before its too late and people start leaving

Yes they addressed it here.

Edited by Nightblazer

You have free left side and augments that are allowing you to go with whichever build you want to go really. You need to change something? Maybe. Will it cost some mats/money to get different augments? Maybe. Is it really that big of an issue? Not really. Just adapt to it.

This was the most stupid and not needed change among all recent changes.I cant min/max stats on my characters as i want... devs here have no idea what they are doing

This was the most stupid and not needed change among all recent changes.I cant min/max stats on my characters as i want... devs here have no idea what they are doing

Just gotta have that extra 0.001% so you can hit that training dummy for 2 points more than the previous guy, huh? I've never understood the obsession with min/max. :rolleyes:

You're wrong about it being the stupidest thing they've done, but right about them being clueless. I think it's the psychotropics. :rolleyes:

They did address it and stated it was intentional. Never said they would fix it or make changes, just that they acknowledged it :D

Next they'll say that they're going to "monitor it." And of course nothing will change. People will adapt. And after they adapt, there will be another sweeping change to make it all moot and piss off more players.

My theory is they have issues understanding the maximum potential of DPS/Heals/Tank classes and rather than live with a small section of the playerbase that eek out the absolute best numbers with content they think should be done with their baseline, they think by stripping that ability away- the content will last longer.

I think they've gone for a blunt force solution for a problem that doesn't need to be fixed.

They did address it and stated it was intentional. Never said they would fix it or make changes, just that they acknowledged it :D

The OP's question was has it been addressed WHY they did it. So the answer was not correct.

As to the actual thing, I agree with you.

Edited by exfell

I think they've gone for a blunt force solution for a problem that doesn't need to be fixed.

In case you haven't noticed, that is their way of doing things. They've always used sledgehammer tactics to change something that needed a small precise action.

The OP's question was has it been addressed WHY they did it. So the answer was not correct.

Actually it was addressed as to WHY. That's going to be as much of an explanation as anyone can expect.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

Thank you all for your continued feedback. Bigger itemization changes will come and we will definitely talk through them with you when they get here (not soon™). Thanks all.

-eric

First part (in bold): Like always, they say they're going to "balance" things. Then they pull something stupid like this. It's typical behavior. They'll continue to gather feedback, and ignore it, just like with conquest.

Second part (underlined and bold): Fair warning - they are already planning their next big screw up, and they're going to forewarn us (but they won't give any specifics, per usual, because people will probably cancel prior to being screwed over).

It'll probably be along the lines of AC specific non-modifiable armor and the only way to make adjustments will be through augments, and all armor will have an AC requirement. Just wait. It's coming. It'll be the only way they'll be able to manage balance and do away with skanks.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

i, stupidly, chose an offhand saber for the WB one time quest reward because i didnt pay attention to what slot and only looked at the stats. i now have an offhand saber on my SW. If i ever decided to make a marauder or sentinel i will, at least, have a IL252 offhand for them. that is on the presumption that i can put the hilt/mod/enhancement in a legacy saber hilt and transfer it to them. chances are they will decide to make it just for bound items.

My theory is they have issues understanding the maximum potential of DPS/Heals/Tank classes and rather than live with a small section of the playerbase that eek out the absolute best numbers with content they think should be done with their baseline, they think by stripping that ability away- the content will last longer.

Exactly how I see it too. They can't create balance when so many people can try any number of possibilities, so they opted for making sure we can only deviate so far from the "norm".

Exactly how I see it too. They can't create balance when so many people can try any number of possibilities, so they opted for making sure we can only deviate so far from the "norm".

Another possibility is BW may be attempting to make it so the majority of the community doesn't need to number crunch as much. Notice they've made it easy to get to 110% accuracy just by using the 258 glove, and boot enhancements, + stim? So unless your PvP'ing you should have no problems doing Operations while getting to the cap now.

Yes I'm sure some will go with the 5 Augments+stim, even tho that'll put them 1 point short, but for the majority of players it'll take out any number crunching for Accuracy completely.

Edit: granted they need to fix tank gear for this completely.

Edited by Toraak

I suppose it's possible, but then why would they choose such a flawed "norm"?

Tank gear with a vastly wasted amount of defense, dps gear with wasted accuracy, and dps/healer gear with alacrity values that force you in the middle of a GCD breakpoint.

Had the "default" gear purchasable from the vendor allowed one to hit the appropriate stat targets right out the gate, the slot-locked enhancements would have been more palatable. As it is, a dps needs three pieces of healer gear, and a tank has to stick with 248 enhancements or potentially wait for bank-busting crafted gear. I'm not sure about healers though.

Another possibility is BW may be attempting to make it so the majority of the community doesn't need to number crunch as much. Notice they've made it easy to get to 110% accuracy just by using the 258 glove, and boot enhancements, + stim? So unless your PvP'ing you should have no problems doing Operations while getting to the cap now.

Yes I'm sure some will go with the 5 Augments+stim, even tho that'll put them 1 point short, but for the majority of players it'll take out any number crunching for Accuracy completely.

Edit: granted they need to fix tank gear for this completely.

I WISH that were the case...but I don't think it is because they've stated that the "normal" player wasn't meant to chase this gear - only the NiM players were. THEY have said that...if that's true, it's foolish to think that NiM raiders don't already know what the hell they need to hit for stats.

I suppose it's possible, but then why would they choose such a flawed "norm"?

Tank gear with a vastly wasted amount of defense, dps gear with wasted accuracy, and dps/healer gear with alacrity values that force you in the middle of a GCD breakpoint.

Had the "default" gear purchasable from the vendor allowed one to hit the appropriate stat targets right out the gate, the slot-locked enhancements would have been more palatable. As it is, a dps needs three pieces of healer gear, and a tank has to stick with 248 enhancements or potentially wait for bank-busting crafted gear. I'm not sure about healers though.

The tank gear is obnoxiously flawed...which is why I believe they're saying "screw all you min/maxers, THIS is what you'll use and you'll like it". I don't think they realize the flaws...they seem oblivious.

I WISH that were the case...but I don't think it is because they've stated that the "normal" player wasn't meant to chase this gear - only the NiM players were. THEY have said that...if that's true, it's foolish to think that NiM raiders don't already know what the hell they need to hit for stats.

The tank gear is obnoxiously flawed...which is why I believe they're saying "screw all you min/maxers, THIS is what you'll use and you'll like it". I don't think they realize the flaws...they seem oblivious.

I'm not convinced they told us the truth fully on that. BW knew just as we do that not only NiM raiders are going to push for this gear, but SM operation players as well. While my theory may be wrong (and that is a definite possibility) It still could have a small amount of truth to it. And yes all NiM raiders definitely min/max correctly. They'd have to know how to gear to do that content.

Lets face it. all types of players try to get the new shiny gear whenever it comes out, even if they don't need it.

Edited by Toraak

I'm not convinced they told us the truth fully on that. BW knew just as we do that not only NiM raiders are going to push for this gear, but SM operation players as well. While my theory may be wrong (and that is a definite possibility) It still could have a small amount of truth to it. And yes all NiM raiders definitely min/max correctly. They'd have to know how to gear to do that content.

Lets face it. all types of players try to get the new shiny gear whenever it comes out, even if they don't need it.

Very true...that could be correct too.

• 1 month later...

They just made it harder to min / max gear, but it's still possible.

You can put an enhancement from one class into gear for another class.

Also the enhancements for dps and healer gear can be different, so those can also be exchanged.

All in all they just made it impossible to min / max for a large part of the community, not everyone plays all classes and / or has many characters like me.

So Bioware, if you implement a change like this, think a few months about it and make sure you're not just creating more unbalance in the game.

It's strange though, normally Bioware tries to please the larger portion of the community, just look how bad the guild perks have turned out for the smaller guilds.

Edited by Oisro

It's strange though, normally Bioware tries to please the larger portion of the community, just look how bad the guild perks have turned out for the smaller guilds.

Small guilds began getting crushed with the conquest changes that supposedly were done to make it easier for them to compete in conquest versus larger guilds. Look how that turned out.

Sometimes the explanations behind the changes don't match up to the results attained. Not sure if this is accidental, or just disingenuous explanations for purposeful changes.