Gamebreaker in KOTET Chapter IX

opingebr

The fight against Vaylin's spirit is completely and utterly broken, and a total gamebreaker. She takes NO damage, is WAY overpowered for a fight without ANY companions or kolto stations (basically takes 1/5 of your health on ONE hit - insane!!!). It's impossible to outrun her, she just teleports herself to you, stuns you and then throws you into the air, meaning insta-death. The Spirits of Healing only do small amounts of healing, and you can rarely get to them anyway before she stuns you. Needs fixing ASAP ZULU as this is a total gamebreaker!!!

As others said, this isn't a bug. The mechanics are the same as when you fight her in both Chapter 3 and Chapter 8. You have to get close whenever you need to damage her. You just don't have a companion to heal you through the fight. You'll have to step away from Vaylin every now and then (usually when she charges her large area attack) to grab one of the healing memories. Edited by Kataret

Some tips that I use to defeat Vaylin without a lot of trouble.

1) as has been said, if you are outside the purple aura immediately surrounding her, all damage you try to do is reflected. She's not killing you at all; you're killing yourself. You gotta be close enough to kiss her, as if anyone sane would wanna do that hahaha.

2) The fastest way to kill her is to avoid running through the healing clouds of Memory, but to get Vaylin to run through them. They do mucho damage to her. Two or three of them can finish the fight. If you need to run through them to heal yourself, though, do it.

3) Watch her stacking buff. When she hits 30 stacks she will start to channel a spell that will do a huge knockback. There will be a faint reticule on the ground. Watch for it and get out of it. The reticule is very large so you'll have to find a spot outside of it. Don't stand near the ledges because it's a loooooooong way down.

4) I'm guessing that in Chapter 7, you released Lord Drammath. There's nothing you can do to fix that; he's gone now. If you'd kept him imprisoned, however, he will become a companion during the fight that can heal you or dps Vaylin.

I hope these help. Stomp her face good!

One more hint is to keep the weapon you made in KOTFE chapter 12. Even if you don't use it normally make sure it's kitted out with your best mods for KOTET 9. You will have the same buffs you had for the KOTFE 16 fight with Arcann. The one that heals you up (ETA, if you chose 'resilience' in the cave) can be invaluable during that Vaylin and Arcann fight.

Also, if you're fighting both Vaylin and Arcann, kill Arcann first. He's far easier to kill but he can be an annoyance and also take all of Dramath's attention away from the Vaylin fight so he won't heal/help.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

• 4 weeks later...
Also having similar issues. I stay in her face, but she has a life draining buff that takes me down very fast. Also her health does not go down. Trying to move is also difficult cause she now does something to slow or almost freeze you in place. Also if you have any hints on how to make her run through the green circles of memory I would enjoy hearing it. Also I made the mistake of setting Valkorians father free so no assistance. I have spent several days and many frustrating hours trying to finish this fight and chapter. I have made sure my crit is up and others stats to help. This fight for me is bugged. Someone please help. I have completed this fight on 4 other toons and this is the only one I am having issues with. Edited by BraethDaBrat

Also having similar issues. I stay in her face, but she has a life draining buff that takes me down very fast. Also her health does not go down. Trying to move is also difficult cause she now does something to slow or almost freeze you in place. Also if you have any hints on how to make her run through the green circles of memory I would enjoy hearing it. Also I made the mistake of setting Valkorians father free so no assistance. I have spent several days and many frustrating hours trying to finish this fight and chapter. I have made sure my crit is up and others stats to help. This fight for me is bugged. Someone please help. I have completed this fight on 4 other toons and this is the only one I am having issues with.

depending on what server you're on, you should be able to enlist someone to assist you, by grouping up together and then you summon them to your phase by clicking your portrait and selecting the option to summon group