Did our Sith become important at last?

TGaP_Andrey

I'm a returning player after years of absence. Glad to hear that Empire vs Republic narrative is a thing again. Even more I glad to see mah boi Malgus alive and well.

I said this game a goodbye in a some chapter of KotFE, when my Sith Inquisitor, Sith Sorcerer, Darth Nox, the Master of Darkness and top Ghostbuster of the Galaxy was tossed like a bag of potato by some zakullian or whatever annoying noname ***** with daughter problems - I was fed up by unified generic OT-style "daring and fun adventure" bull*******y for my char, just because BioWare don't have money to make individual stories for each class. I was so mad that I've deleted all of my chars, and now I need to start all over again.

So my question is, before I create my brand new character: does the game still pretends that our beloved Sith guys and girls are not powerful entities with a status in the Sith Empire, but some blank and useless "Commander" or whatever, who have no backstory and can't do jack **** while Very Important NPCs doing their fights and politics by themselves right in the front of our faces? I was the Dark Council member, dammit! I bound ghosts of some dead Jedi ffs!

Should I reroll into Imperial Agent or any other non force user in order to not feel cognitive dissonance because of practical uselessness and facelessness of "real heroes of the day" (at least that what they were in the days of Vanilla and class stories, I think)

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm surprised you feel this way. For me, KOTFE was the first time my character felt powerful since the class story. I thought the cutscenes where characters fight Arcann were great and actually showed our characters dueling impressively in a cinematic. I don't think we saw any of that through Ilum, ROTHC, or SOR.

Meh. Maybe the (((Commander))) becomes something important in the future, but I don't really inspired about it. From what I see the (((Commander))) is a dummy, a nothing without a face and individuality unlike our original chars - I intentionally separate this entities as different. My point is: I don't want to be an Outlander or Commander or whatever those crippled impotents of story team want me to be, I want to be DARTH NOX OF DARK COUNCIL OF THE SITH EMPIRE, as I was before all this ***-pulled Zakuul.

when my Sith Inquisitor, Sith Sorcerer, Darth Nox, the Master of Darkness and top Ghostbuster of the Galaxy was tossed like a bag of potato by some zakullian or whatever annoying noname ***** with daughter problems

Noname as in "former Sith Emperor who literally consumed all Force from two planets" or as in "son of the former Sith Emperor"?

But yes, without spoilering, Commander becomes pretty important and Alliance becomes pretty powerful at the end. At that point seat in the Dark Council would be merely a downgrade.

Noname as in "former Sith Emperor who literally consumed all Force from two planets" or as in "son of the former Sith Emperor"?

But yes, without spoilering, Commander becomes pretty important and Alliance becomes pretty powerful at the end. At that point seat in the Dark Council would be merely a downgrade.

I think they're talking about Senya, a powerful force user in their own right, who hits you with a cheap shot force push while you're distracted and looking in the other direction.

Very well said. I was thinking what can i say to get across to this guy, that it isn't what he thought it was and you said it just right.

:D

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I'm surprised you feel this way. For me, KOTFE was the first time my character felt powerful since the class story. I thought the cutscenes where characters fight Arcann were great and actually showed our characters dueling impressively in a cinematic. I don't think we saw any of that through Ilum, ROTHC, or SOR.

We didn't, the most we got at least in terms of cutscenes was Revan Reborn's final confrontation.

Frankly I don't think you played far enough for there even to have been a chance of the PC becoming powerful. As of chapter 8 in KOTFE, you are still on the run, trying to land on your feet and still a little confused as to *** just happened to the galaxy in the last 5 years.

The very next chapter is when the commander starts becoming a someone again. There are still class specific references thrown in too (though not as many as I'd like).

By the end of KOTET, going back to the DC doesn't sound very appealing.

Well even if it is true, I'm still not sure about it. I want to be a Sith, an Imperial, a dark sider - it is not only about power level, but also about identity. I've just already saw some videos about KotFE and KotET - and all of this seem really underwhelming. You can place as the (((Commander))) anybody - even a smuggling street rat (no offence everyone) - it will be all the same. Okay, I'm not really even that much care about raw power - that force push from Sanya was just a last straw after a many years of disappointment about everything. My main interest in the game, hence I've returned, is a good old faction war between Empire and Republic in which I hope to return to my true loyalties. So my question was: Is there any difference between Sith and others in a matter of the newest story arcs? Because if there isn't it will be more logical to me to go for Imperial Agent, because at least his class story is 10/10 while he'll be on par with Darth Nox in terms of absence of Sith identity.

My English is not perfect, so I'm beginning to doubt whether anybody understands what I'm trying to say. :o

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

So my question was: Is there any difference between Sith and others in a matter of the newest story arcs?

If we're talking about Ossus, there are several blasts from the pasts, though i don't recommend starting it if you chose Darth Zash over Khem Val back in the latter's final quest - there is a bug they still didn't fix. Pervious story lines have more about you & Alliance rather than anything else, but there are some missions where you can gain certain position in regard to the Empire, though you will still remain independent power regardless.

Well even if it is true, I'm still not sure about it. I want to be a Sith, an Imperial, a dark sider - it is not only about power level, but also about identity. I've just already saw some videos about KotFE and KotET - and all of this seem really underwhelming. You can place as the (((Commander))) anybody - even a smuggling street rat (no offence everyone) - it will be all the same. Okay, I'm not really even that much care about raw power - that force push from Sanya was just a last straw after a many years of disappointment about everything. My main interest in the game, hence I've returned, is a good old faction war between Empire and Republic in which I hope to return to my true loyalties. So my question was: Is there any difference between Sith and others in a matter of the newest story arcs? Because if there isn't it will be more logical to me to go for Imperial Agent, because at least his class story is 10/10 while he'll be on par with Darth Nox in terms of absence of Sith identity.

My English is not perfect, so I'm beginning to doubt whether anybody understands what I'm trying to say. :o

Just so you know, the triple parentheses are associated with some extremely problematic political views. It's not just another version of scarequotes.

I'm a returning player after years of absence. Glad to hear that Empire vs Republic narrative is a thing again. Even more I glad to see mah boi Malgus alive and well.

I said this game a goodbye in a some chapter of KotFE, when my Sith Inquisitor, Sith Sorcerer, Darth Nox, the Master of Darkness and top Ghostbuster of the Galaxy was tossed like a bag of potato by some zakullian or whatever annoying noname ***** with daughter problems - I was fed up by unified generic OT-style "daring and fun adventure" bull*******y for my char, just because BioWare don't have money to make individual stories for each class. I was so mad that I've deleted all of my chars, and now I need to start all over again.

So my question is, before I create my brand new character: does the game still pretends that our beloved Sith guys and girls are not powerful entities with a status in the Sith Empire, but some blank and useless "Commander" or whatever, who have no backstory and can't do jack **** while Very Important NPCs doing their fights and politics by themselves right in the front of our faces? I was the Dark Council member, dammit! I bound ghosts of some dead Jedi ffs!

Should I reroll into Imperial Agent or any other non force user in order to not feel cognitive dissonance because of practical uselessness and facelessness of "real heroes of the day" (at least that what they were in the days of Vanilla and class stories, I think)

LOL, I though I was the only one shock and annoyed about this... even if your not a Force use "Commander" one would think in the cinematic you had experience to land on your feet fighting so many force users.

I play as Darth Imperius (LS Sith) even though I know or at least I think he would not be as strong as Nox in the Force or as Immortal, I still question that narrative even if these important NPC are related to the Emperor pushing the "commander like a chump or a meager padawan" left and right. Imperius ability to master and command the full power of the Darkside while completely remain un-corrupted using the Lightside as a moral guide is impressive and merits at least some credit or visual feat like Nox in the cinematic and storytelling!

I agree completely that the cinematic and story team put a bit more effort on such storytelling specially now that with the Empire vs Republic story. Specially Nox players... they practically have suck every last force artifact, Ghost, weapon... The force to a Nox player is basically an every day meal lol.

Without giving to much spoilers into the new content YES as you do the quest your Commander is being recognize and the cinematics dignify you much more than in last chapters. (Minus the Arcann final fight that was epic! I would have prefered blocking with my barehand his force assults but the shield was cool! I wonder if they make a new class it will be a Saber and Shield force user? Hmmmm)

However it was never clear if the "Commander" was still suffering in those chapters from carbonite poisoning and thought was extremely weaken...hence his poor performance, does anyone have any insight?

Anyway I totally agree with you, Force user or not at this point the Commander should be shown to be extremely skilled, experience and powerful no matter who he/she is facing or how powerful...after all that has happened in the story.

Just try to endure it, if anything do it for the romances bits and pieces. They are becoming more and more entertaining and varied as it goes on...lol

I just wish there was more freedom to play with it and all of them...sadly its it seems very much set in stone when starting a romance. Crossing my fingers that in the future that change or a way to re-roll decisions instead of having to play a full story and new character to try the different options or outcomes. Which I'm ok with, its just that some parts of the content, I wish I could skip sometimes because I'm more invested in the story and romance than the full play through. I have my main to do full stuff, my other toons are just fuel for his legacy lol.

Edited by Zehal

Don't have a problem with alliance and commander but I do want to see separate stories again. Even if its in the form of unique alerts for each class. Put them on the cartel market and give us a class story per month and use that money to fund another big expansion. Edited by Noyjitat