Companion Bugs in 5.10

Kataret

I have not seen this yet so going to add it. I no long can summon, Major Pierce, Broonmark or the droid the sith warrior originally had. The 2 Jaesa is admittedly rather interesting, but I want my broonmark and pierce back because I finally had all my original crew back finally

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen this yet so going to add it. I no long can summon, Major Pierce, Broonmark or the droid the sith warrior originally had. The 2 Jaesa is admittedly rather interesting, but I want my broonmark and pierce back because I finally had all my original crew back finally

Did Pierce and Broonmark actually become unavailable? Or are there just unavailable duplicates of them in your companion window? A lot of people have an issue where their original companions got copied and added to the bottom and listed as "unavailable", but the available versions may still be in your companion window.

Another companion bug which I put a separate post about, is Corso who is missing his face. I had a customization on him and cannot/will not do his reunion scene because he is missing his entire face. This wasn't a problem before 5.10 was released. The alliance alert for the Corso/Risha reunion, once accepted, causes the companions to disappear from the list instead of putting them in the other follower area for when you are working on their recruitment.

5.10 also broke HK-55. My character who did his quests before have him available. My character who did it after has Zoom as a usable companion and standing in Alliance base but HK-55 cannot be summoned to use as a companion, is not available for crew skills and does not appear in the base.. Making sure all Ossun quests completed as was suggested to me did not fix him.

Seems unlike other companions put in tank spec, Paxton doesn't have a heal combined with his leap, instead it only roots enemies according to the skill blurb. Kinda sucks because my character has no way to heal him, himself and without the heal on his skill he can be a bit squishy if a fight goes sideways. :( Doesn't seem to have as many defensive actions combo'd into his abilities either.

Please add HK-55 to this list.

If his Alliance Alert is completed after Patch 5.10, you can complete the quest but he isn't able to be summoned afterwards.

I think this is a significant problem, because players actually paid for him by subscribing.

In the past, after completing the Alert, he would return to the "Main Characters" section of the companion select window.

Another companion bug which I put a separate post about, is Corso who is missing his face. I had a customization on him and cannot/will not do his reunion scene because he is missing his entire face. This wasn't a problem before 5.10 was released. The alliance alert for the Corso/Risha reunion, once accepted, causes the companions to disappear from the list instead of putting them in the other follower area for when you are working on their recruitment.

I assume he is only missing a face when this specific customization is applied, yes? If so, can you tell me which customization it is?

Kind of disappointing with Paxton Rall. It's clear they spent a lot of time on him, giving him and his crew extra backstory and adding some humorous lines and getting such a signature voice for him. It's just a shame that, in spite of all that, and in spite of that fact that he was a Subscriber reward, his introduction came with so many ridiculous bugs and inconveniences. I hope BioWare doesn't waste time fixing him and other companions when the New Year rolls around. :(

i removed the person who responded the ticket because they really aren't to blame for the developers

but what the flying **** is this ********?

https://i.imgur.com/c1qMWwy.jpg

did EA/bioware just gave me a "deal with it" response after overwriting my character choices?

they won't fix this ? is this for real? they expect me to create a whole new inquisitor and do all it's choices all over again to have the small hope this *********** game remember i wanted khem val *********** dead ? and worst, run the risk of the same ******** happen again

i refuse to progress with my character in ossus if it will keep erasing my choices

did EA/bioware just gave me a "deal with it" response after overwriting my character choices?

Yeah, my customer service ticket was recently answered as well with a similar response. I'm very disappointed :(

Regardless, I don't think all hope is lost. I'm pretty sure that the bug is simply something that Customer Service doesn't have the authority/access to change. We may still see a fix, but not until the Devs implement a fix through a new patch.

As it stands, my current suspicion is that they will use a method similar to the Lana Marriage bug. When this occurred, some characters were unable to propose to Lana in the story despite having romanced her up to that point. BioWare fixed it in a later patch by adding a droid NPC that surveyed the player, so the player could respond that he/she was engaged to Lana, and this would then rewrite the player choices.

I could see a similar situation play out for Khem, where a survey droid would ask something like "Do you remember your old companion, Khem Val?" and the player would be able to respond "Yes, he was my loyal Dashade that I reunited with on Ossus" or "Yes, I cast him out long a go and saw him die on Nathema." And based on whichever you pick, your choices would be re-established going forward.

I don't know. I could be way off, but that just seems like the most obvious fix. Cheers, and hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Edited by Kataret

i removed the person who responded the ticket because they really aren't to blame for the developers

but what the flying **** is this ********?

https://i.imgur.com/c1qMWwy.jpg

they won't fix this ? is this for real? they expect me to create a whole new inquisitor and do all it's choices all over again to have the small hope this *********** game remember i wanted khem val *********** dead ? and worst, run the risk of the same ******** happen again

i refuse to progress with my character in ossus if it will keep erasing my choices

You are right. From that ticket response it looks like they are NOT going to fix the complex companion bugs including Khem Val, Quinn, Koth and any of the others who have been altered or become unsummonable due to **** ups by the devs in 5.10. It they were, customer support would have clearly stated that the development team are aware of the problems and a fix was being worked on (which is what they usually say when they have an issue that can be fixed).

I wanted to believe that more e*fing up with peoples companions would be avoided in future updates after the messe they made with Iokath. I'm guessing that their metrics are telling them that most paying players don't care about companions so they have no intention of fixing them. I'll give them until Feb to see if (as they implied) all the companion issues are fixed. If they are not, there will be no point in me parting with any more money for this game.

I assume he is only missing a face when this specific customization is applied, yes? If so, can you tell me which customization it is?

It was the Corso Customization #9. The one you buy on the GTN or loot in cartel packs.

https://imgur.com/fgeMTaG

I was going to do the reunion romance with him - well, this just turned out so terrible as you can see in the image. I escaped out of the conversation in hopes they will fix this.

It was the Corso Customization #9. The one you buy on the GTN or loot in cartel packs

Has been added.

I was going to do the reunion romance with him - well, this just turned out so terrible as you can see in the image. I escaped out of the conversation in hopes they will fix this.

Yeah, well, unfortunately it looks like we're going to be waiting a while. I typically try not to be a naysayer, but it's hard to argue that this was some poor planning. Releasing a big patch that would inevitably have bugs only a week out from their winter break. I'm not saying they had to release it 100% perfect; that's simply not feasible. But they should have given themselves more time to fix bugs, or even hold off the patch until the week they got back.

Regardless, I hope that when they return, they do address all the companions bugs we've compiled here, along with the other bugs introduced with 5.10.

Cheers, and fingers crossed for the new year.

Edited by Kataret

Some people have said they've lost not only Darth Hexid from doing Paxton's alert, but Shae Vizla and Master Ranos as well. I haven't tested it myself, but at the same time I don't want to risk it since Shae is at 30 influence for me right now.

I really hope all of these bugs will get fixed soon..

You are right. From that ticket response it looks like they are NOT going to fix the complex companion bugs including Khem Val, Quinn, Koth and any of the others who have been altered or become unsummonable due to **** ups by the devs in 5.10. It they were, customer support would have clearly stated that the development team are aware of the problems and a fix was being worked on (which is what they usually say when they have an issue that can be fixed).

I wanted to believe that more e*fing up with peoples companions would be avoided in future updates after the messe they made with Iokath. I'm guessing that their metrics are telling them that most paying players don't care about companions so they have no intention of fixing them. I'll give them until Feb to see if (as they implied) all the companion issues are fixed. If they are not, there will be no point in me parting with any more money for this game.

Well I'm gonna be rightly angry if they don't fix THEIR mess. I never asked to lose Quinn or Koth and what, does that mean from now on every Warrior I do will lose Quinn and every Imperial I do will lose Koth through no fault of their own? That's messed up beyond all belief. So now my Warrior who had Quinn is completely bricked UNLESS I replay him and get him to 300 and his current 248 level all over again and then I'm forced to completely change his character and decisions on Iokath just so he can keep Quinn? Hell no. :mad:

They need to fix this. This was their fault, not mine. You can't just brick characters and companions (especially romance options) because you can't keep your stupid auto completer from over riding player choice. What the f**k.

One more thing I noticed is that on my Sith Warrior who has some of her class companions listed twice, they are at different influence levels. The ones appearing in the "other followers" list have their accurate influence levels (what I gave them via gifts) but the ones who are under "unavailable companions" have much lower influence - maybe they were scaled back to what they had when KOTFE started? I don't know but either way I hope that it won't screw things up further.

Funny thing... I still have Darth Hexid and Paxton, and also Malavai Quinn, even though I chose to undermine the Empire with my Agent. I'm missing SCORPIO. I didn't kill her during KotET and got her back over the consol on Odessen. I wouldn't mind in general, but SCORPIO is one of my 8 lvl 50 companion I use for Crew Skills. I wrote a ticket, but haven't gotten a response so far.

Funny thing... I still have Darth Hexid and Paxton, and also Malavai Quinn, even though I chose to undermine the Empire with my Agent. I'm missing SCORPIO. I didn't kill her during KotET and got her back over the consol on Odessen. I wouldn't mind in general, but SCORPIO is one of my 8 lvl 50 companion I use for Crew Skills. I wrote a ticket, but haven't gotten a response so far.

Have you tried getting her back from the Terminal again? I know my Knight lost his previously terminal gotten Lord Scourge when he started Ossus, but I was able to get him back again via the terminal after, a second time. Or do you mean you resummoned her, picked up Paxton, and lost her again?

Edited by Farferello

Have you tried getting her back from the Terminal again? I know my Knight lost his previously terminal gotten Lord Scourge when he started Ossus, but I was able to get him back again via the terminal after, a second time. Or do you mean you resummoned her, picked up Paxton, and lost her again?

I tried Odessen, but I can only bring back Vector and Raina, whom I both have. I cannot even say if I lost SCORPIO after Ossus or after Paxton, because I just noticed last Saturday, when I wanted to craft a few components and realized I only had 7 lvl 50 companions. I hope this gets fixed.

I tried Odessen, but I can only bring back Vector and Raina, whom I both have. I cannot even say if I lost SCORPIO after Ossus or after Paxton, because I just noticed last Saturday, when I wanted to craft a few components and realized I only had 7 lvl 50 companions. I hope this gets fixed.

It sounds like at the terminal you chose the option "I want to return my original class companions". Did you try the option "I want to retrieve Companions lost in Knights of the Fallen Empire" instead? This should get fixed regardless, but I think the other option might work because of how prominent SCORPIO was in the Zakuul expansions.

Edited by Kataret

It sounds like at the terminal you chose the option "I want to return my original class companions". Did you try the option "I want to retrieve Companions lost in Knights of the Fallen Empire" instead? This should get fixed regardless, but I think the other option might work because of how prominent SCORPIO was in the Zakuul expansions.

I feel very stupid right now ;) That was it. SCORPIO is not only my original but also a KotET companion. Thank you :)

I feel very stupid right now ;) That was it. SCORPIO is not only my original but also a KotET companion. Thank you :)

Eh, nothing to feel stupid about. This whole mess began with 5.10. As disappointed as I am with everything, I do still have faith in the Devs to repair everything. So fingers crossed!

Well I got a reply from CS about my missing Quinn and they're blaming it on a 'form of a system glitch in the game due to display issue. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update'

Though then they tried to refer me to a link for the 5.9.2 update (that didn't work) but 'Issues like this is part of the known issue our develoeprs are curretly aware of and working hard to look for a fix.' (Typo is theirs) Even though it's not currently listed as a known bug, but I guess that's better than just 'deal with it' like someone else got from CS about Khem-Zash.

:o I won't hold my breath for his return anytime soon however. :(

Edited by Farferello

Well I got a reply from CS about my missing Quinn and they're blaming it on a 'form of a system glitch in the game due to display issue. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update'

Though then they tried to refer me to a link for the 5.9.2 update (that didn't work) but 'Issues like this is part of the known issue our develoeprs are curretly aware of and working hard to look for a fix.' (Typo is theirs) Even though it's not currently listed as a known bug, but I guess that's better than just 'deal with it' like someone else got from CS about Khem-Zash.

:o I won't hold my breath for his return anytime soon however. :(

Thanks for the PM by the way - better news on Quinn than I had previously thought :) It was looking like his removal was intended :eek: At least a fix will be incoming.

EDIT: I just got my response from customer service. They assured me it is a known bug that will be fixed in a future game update. I am not holding my breath!

Edited by Sarova