Tau's Lightsaber

Caratuvis

I'd like to warn every1 and maybe some1 from the dev team will see this as well, already reported that in game, that it is possible during Jedi under siege missions to unequip lightsaber from Tau inventory and put it on sale on the GTN. It has same platinum cartel market logo as an actual item you can buy for cartel coins. But you obviously can't use it. It's very misleading and it shouldn't happen. There are already ppl that are trying to cheat and make some credits on it. Noone expects to be cheated like that, as normally this shouldn't be possible. So be warned every1, before you buy check if it's really an item from CM, not sone idiot trying to use major economy bug to make credits. Hope this thread or my report will be seen by the dev team, this needs to be fixed. Edited by Caratuvis

Wow. I noticed the platinum cartel symbol on her saber and thought that was odd but I didn't think anything more about it. It never occurred to me that the saber wasn't actually bound to character. I hope no one has fallen for this. :(

Agreed, the only thing i was going to try was see if it would unlock the one shown on the collection window, but i changed my mind after a few moments

The same applies to Anri's rifle (though since I don't think there's a CM item with her name it probably doesn't matter; it wouldn't be confused as easily). I noticed it on both as I put a new colour crystal from collections in each weapon as soon as I got the companion and was notified that this would bind the item, so it wasn't bound already. Edited by Estelindis

The same thing applies to all of Jaesa’s gear if you get her back.

I saw the stuff wasn’t bound after I removed it and listed it in case people wanted to use it on old Jaesa (pre Kotet) I didn’t even consider I was doing anything wrong because I’ve got her in a custom Armor set and I wouldn’t be using it.

Now I’m not at home for a few days and can’t remove it from the GTN.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The same thing applies to all of Jaesa’s gear if you get her back.

I saw the stuff wasn’t bound after I removed it and listed it in case people wanted to use it on old Jaesa (pre Kotet) I didn’t even consider I was doing anything wrong because I’ve got her in a custom Armor set and I wouldn’t be using it.

Now I’m not at home for a few days and can’t remove it from the GTN.

I'm not sure this is as much of a problem as Tau's lightsaber only because there's also a new CM item called Tau's lightsaber and people might get confused. The one she carries in the story is usable only by her and is useless once the story is over and won't unlock the CM version in collections.

It shouldn't be possible with everything being mentioned here. Hope this will be fixed ASAP as there are already victims to that. My guildmate bought one of this lightsabers thinking it's that CM item and lost lots of credits. It wasn't as expensive as you could imagine, about 14million, but it's another reason why this is dangerous. All of those fake Tau's Lightsabers cost something like that making it very tempting to buy.

I seriously hope BioWare has plans to solve this issue ASAP. I just spent 50mil on two unusable Tau's Lightsabers to have one for myself and to have one to give my boyfriend for Christmas, as he really wants it, and I am very unhappy. :mad:

Some solutions, since this situation will be tough to sort out on BioWare's behalf seeing as the lightsaber can be bought for CC:

-Undo every transaction that has occurred -- return all funds to the players who bought the item and remove the funds from the players who sold the item.

-Ban the players who sold the item, as this may be considered an exploit, and return all funds to the players who bought the item.

-Refund all CC purchases of the item and make the lightsabers from the companions completely usable but no longer sellable.

I seriously hope BioWare has plans to solve this issue ASAP. I just spent 50mil on two unusable Tau's Lightsabers to have one for myself and to have one to give my boyfriend for Christmas, as he really wants it, and I am very unhappy. :mad:

Some solutions, since this situation will be tough to sort out on BioWare's behalf seeing as the lightsaber can be bought for CC:

-Undo every transaction that has occurred -- return all funds to the players who bought the item and remove the funds from the players who sold the item.

-Ban the players who sold the item, as this may be considered an exploit, and return all funds to the players who bought the item.

-Refund all CC purchases of the item and make the lightsabers from the companions completely usable but no longer sellable.

Why would they refund all CC purchases? I mean the items are two different items so I can see how they would be able to track the NPC-only items and refund all of those purchases. I don't see why they would need to refund all of the ones purchased with CC as those were legitimate purchases.

Edited by Elessara

Why would they refund all CC purchases? I mean the items are two different items so I can see how they would be able to track the NPC-only items and refund all of those purchases. I don't see why they would need to refund all of the ones purchased with CC as those were legitimate purchases.

It would have been the only proper solution, legally, to go through with if they were to make the companion lightsabers usable. In short, you can't have people who have paid $60 for the lightsaber get screwed over by BioWare making the companion lightsabers usable considering they're free aside from needing a companion to get them.

I would much prefer the first two options.

Edited by foxxycandy

It would have been the only proper solution, legally, to go through with if they were to make the companion lightsabers usable.

I would much prefer the first two options.

I still don't see why they would need to refund the CC purchases. Especially for someone who went through the Jedi Under Siege story, didn't remove the lightsaber and thus no longer has access to it. Not to mention the people who bought it and then unlocked it through collections. Even if they did make the companion lightsaber fully usable they wouldn't allow it to unlock the saber in collections.

But yes, the first two options would be better.

Anyone that put the lightsaber on the gtn should get an automatic ban, and not just 24 hours or some lame **** like that. A serious ban.

It depends on whether or not BioWare views this as an exploit, which I hope they do, but then again, it's their fault for making the companion version say cartel item, platinum quality, so on so forth.

Whatever happens, I either want real sabers I can use or my credits back. My boyfriend was really looking forward to having the saber.

• 2 weeks later...
I fell for this scam but only lost 8 million not 10's of millions like some people .. i really hope Bioware sort this out and can trace the purchases and refund everyone the credits they have lost and also permanantly ban the scammers

A guildie fell for this to the tune of 44mil and sent in a ticket and just got a reply from CS.

Basically they said it’s your fault for not looking at the bugged companion item of the exact same name that has the orange Cartel Market colour, label of a Cartel Market Item and platinum CM symbol as the real CM item and they are not going to do anything about it. They “cannot track purchases”.

So there you go. He cancelled his sub in disgust.

Nice to know, did not even know you could get it let alone sell it.

BW will probably consider this a exploit, so seller and buyer beware.

They've patched the item now, but those that bought it due to BW's error have been told that nothing will be done.

/shrug

Exploit early, exploit hard, exploit smart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.