Opened 40 or so command crates in 5.10 before servers went back down...

Wimbleton

I find it hard to believe you wouldn't have won at least one piece of 252 gear or gotten a crystal in 40 crates.

On the PTS, Thayya transferred a bunch of CXP consumables (via multiple copies of toons), then leveled enough times to open over 400 newly-generated tier 4 packs without getting a single piece of 252 gear, or a Masterwork Crystal.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=955937&page=3

Unless that was a bug, it would suggest that the drop rates are LOW.

Edited by Khevar

I have opened after using the boosts (so completely new boxes for 5.10) and it is all old stuff.

Think about how long it would take to burn through ten boxes WITHOUT stockpiled boosts. The drop rate for the 252 gear cannot be that low. The crystals perhaps, but not the lower tier gear. I suspect there is a bug or something that triggers gear acquisition. Storyline completion?

Has ANYONE gotten a single piece of new gear, yet?

Edited by LordDelectus

Is ANYTHING new dropping from old crates?

200+ crates and counting, nothing yet.

UPDATE: Some guy in Fleet chat linked 252 accuracy implant and said he got it after about 50 crates.

Guess my luck just sucks.

P.S. Won't 100% believe it until I see a screenshot :D

Edited by Equeliber

210 hoarded crates plus about 10 new drops. Absolutely zero Ossus items.

On the off-chance all the crates are bugged I'm hoarding any new drops until we get confirmation that the Ossus items have been added to the crates they way there were supposed to be.

Of course the drop rates might just be abysmally low. If 'RNG is exciting' then maybe really low drop-rate RNG is even more exciting.

its been confirmed, forgot where I read it.. but the items are generated as soon as you get them in your inventory, and not when you open them. ;)

plane ********.

i recieved crates in DPS spec, opened them in tank spec and got tank gear.

still waiting for the source...

on the other hand:

opened about 500 old crates and ~30 new ones (generated while opening the old ones): got nothing :(

but i did notice the old crates were in fact affected by the patch:

i got a 248er piece or mod in atleast 1/3 of the crates. thats a huge increase of drop rate for this item level compared to pre 5.10. so i assume they increased the drop rate for 248 and 252 / crystals have a very rare chance to drop. 0.1% seems likely.

(note: i dont have exact numbers of 248 drops pre 5.10. and now, since i never counted them and was prepared to count 252 pieces (:rolleyes::(:rolleyes:). just noticed the huge drop rate of 248 halfway through. but i dont think my general feeling is that off here. could have equipt (old) BiS gear about 10x times. would be great if someone could confirm)

but all in all i think we can be sure: command crates arent a valid way to get gear unlike with 248. even if they drop 252, the time/reward ratio seems much worse than doing dailys or gotm nim.

Edited by mrphstar

ok so i opened like 150 more crates on alts, and indeed, 252 is droping from old crates. just received an artefact crate. but my personal drop rate is like 1:700 right now.

so dont give up guys :)

After reading this, I feel like giving up. Maybe forget pvp and get off the hampster wheel until 6.0.

After reading this, I feel like giving up. Maybe forget pvp and get off the hampster wheel until 6.0.

yeah maybe there was a lil bit sarcasm involved on my side^^

got a second one after opening round about 1000 crates in total. so drop chance might be somewhere between 0.1 and 0.2%. definitly not worth farming command crates.