Increase Refined Isotope Stabilizer drop rates

GrimTheGlutt

With the new patch focusing on guildships, there is even more of an onus to unlock the rooms. The amount of stabilizers needed to unlock a room is just plain ridiculous and takes an absolute age to gather these...

You need 400 per framework, with 4 or 5 frameworks per room thats 1,600 minimum per unlock

Now with even more focus on having the guildship unlocked to allow for perks etc can you please either:

a) Change the Dark Project recipe to a lot less isotopes (eg. 1 or 2)

or

b) Dramatically increase the isotope droprates - eg. back to old Flashpoint levels or better.

For small guilds the chore of churning these things is very limiting, let alone the demoralising factor of just looking at the numbers needed!

It's particularly egregious since they removed the dark project schematic that uses the older exotic isotope stabilizers, yet still make those the version purchasable from the jawa vendor and don't add the option to buy refined isotope stabilizers for blue jawa scrap.

This change made it impossible for soloists to craft dark projects. Please provide a way for solo players to obtain the materials for crafting dark projects.

Also increasing the drop rate for recovered relics would be great. The current drop rate disincentivizes playing the flashpoints that drop them. There's no point in doing them after the first time. If there was a decent drop rate I would run these flashpoints more.

This change made it impossible for soloists to craft dark projects. Please provide a way for solo players to obtain the materials for crafting dark projects.

Agreed. Players should be able to craft any item that's within there craft skills, regardless of there play style.

With the new patch focusing on guildships, there is even more of an onus to unlock the rooms. The amount of stabilizers needed to unlock a room is just plain ridiculous and takes an absolute age to gather these...

You need 400 per framework, with 4 or 5 frameworks per room thats 1,600 minimum per unlock

Now with even more focus on having the guildship unlocked to allow for perks etc can you please either:

a) Change the Dark Project recipe to a lot less isotopes (eg. 1 or 2)

or

b) Dramatically increase the isotope droprates - eg. back to old Flashpoint levels or better.

For small guilds the chore of churning these things is very limiting, let alone the demoralising factor of just looking at the numbers needed!

Why should anything be so easy in this game and literally being delivered and served on a silver plate?

I mean, why f... play at all if no challenge is to overcome anywhere, and if it's just about "rare" mat drops. Even mats that are available in the GTN all the time...(and can be bought with jawa scrap as well).

Edited by Khaleg

It's particularly egregious since they removed the dark project schematic that uses the older exotic isotope stabilizers, yet still make those the version purchasable from the jawa vendor and don't add the option to buy refined isotope stabilizers for blue jawa scrap.

To that I agree! To remove this schematic from the game - and especially totally unannounced and sneaky - was absolutely unnaceptable and a pathetic move. Some people sit on endless and useless stacks of the old isos now...

Who needs 200 mates to unlock a guildship?

Crafting isn't the only option to get those frameworks in fact it's the most ineffective one.

The initial costs of the guildship are going to be vastly reduced with 5.10 so you easily get access to one of the (currently) most useful perk of the ship, the flagship transport.

We were a guild with around 20 active people back when we unlocked ours. All it needed was a combination of conquest for the blue plans and killing the commanders on the planets in a concentrated effort. Parking alts at their various spawn locations to occasionally check for their presence when enough people were online and transport a group of 5 to 12 players there, depending if it was a big or small one.

Small ones drop up to a max of 8 blue plans with 8 players in the group, the big ones up 12 blue and always one purple. We even went looking on the other faction's side for the big ones for getting more purple plans. Some commanders drop random plans, others always the same category, but in the end you can always find someone to trade one for another.

Yes, it still took some time, since we didn't stalk those commanders and other guilds were working on their ships too that way. Also only did them when we were able to motivate people to give the guild 15 to 30 minutes of their playtime, but in the end we didn't craft more than a handful of blue plans even back when it was much cheaper.

We still managed to get two guildships fully unlocked in a few months, one on each faction.

Granted not everyone might get a group together to kill the big commanders with the purple plans, since you need a role distribution like in an ops group there, but every blue plan is helping too.

As for RIS

A dedicated 4 player or if using companions even 2 player group can farm quite a number of RIS for example out of the easy mastermode flashpoints. I have around 100 RIS solely by occasionally running those with random groups via groupfinder since around July. Groups where everyone rolls need on my server and it's luck who wins them. A guild group would get all RIS to themselves.

If you are able to put a group for Veteran ops together there the bosses drop RIS too, collect them for the guild.

We do that for selling them and in exchange allow our members to repair on the guildbank these days but used to collect them for crafting augments and other stuff for our players.

Edited by Khaleijo

1 isotope costs roughly 180k on GTN

It's worse than that, at least on Star Forge. 2 months ago the Isotopes averaged 200K or less on the GTN. Now they've crept up to the 300K range, and are liable to get higher as fewer people do the endgame activities that drop isotopes.

I've solo'd some MM flashpoints just for the isotopes. Taking them away from the Vet Mode fp was not a good change, the isotopes just get rarer and rarer and the demand for them has not droppped.

We have purple jawa junk - let us buy the Refined Isotopes with them. That way they won't become too common, but they also won't be too expensive for the average player to obtain.

Who needs 200 mates to unlock a guildship?

Crafting isn't the only option to get those frameworks in fact it's the most ineffective one.

This is a major Problem on Tulak Hord Server. The Commanders are right now none existent anymore.

There are serveral guilds & players competting for those commanders and their droped blue and purple schematics for numeral reasons:

• Frameworks for NIM Crystals
  • Frameworks for Guild Ships (More guilds joined the hunt for commanders after those perks were anounced)
  • Frameworks sell on high prices in gtn (some players are soloing commanders for that right now)
  • player choose crafting box instead of flagship encryption as conquest reward

Since Void Matter is now totally useless, a schematic to craft dark projects with them would be a nice move.

Edited by ultimarb

• 5 months later...

Can you please look at this for a future patch, the rarity of this mat is hurting crafting. It is making unlocking guild ship rooms very very expensive, as well as all sorts of other negative effects.

I cannot see any positive in keeping this material as rare as it is.

Some things you could do...

Make it drop:

- 1 per item per boss in hard mode flashpoints

- 1 per person in ops

- Replace any old exotic isotope rewards with refined isotopes

Please do something.

Edited by GrimTheGlutt

I'd like to see an increase in drop rates for the Refined Isotope Stabilizers too. I don't mind them being a little rare, they're end game mats after all, but I think it's worth considering this question now because a new expansion in just a handful of months means mats are going to shift around, and historically we've seen many older content mat-dependent features left in a limbo state.

A few places I think it would make sense to have Refined Isotope Stabilizers be made available:

1. The Eternal Championship. This one is really frustrating. The EC difficulty was tuned up to level 70, but the rewards were not; that's just silly. The gear can at least still have cosmetic purpose, but the fact that it drops Exotic Isotope Stabilizers still is pointless since those can't be used anywhere anymore. Level 70 tuned content should reward level 70 relevant rewards, and this is a super easy and quick database fix: just update the mission rewards for the Eternal Championship to Refined right now.

2. Command Crates. The fact that I play this game as much as I do and I actually can't be sure if Refined Isotope Stabilizers drops in them is telling. I regularly get Charged Matter Transubstantiators and Encrypted Memory Cores in my Command Crates, but I have no memory of the last time I might have got Refined Isotope Stabilizers. Can anyone confirm they've been getting them recently? Maybe I've just had really weird RNG luck.

3. Add them to the Jawa Scrap vendor. This might be something to consider launching with the expansion, granted. Although honestly, at this point, when we've just got five months before all of our current end game gear becomes irrelevant anyway, what's the harm in making craftable 240-246 gear easier to make? It's not even true end game anymore, not with 252 and 258 available. And this way those of us who want to use it to help with unlocking guild flagships can have another means of accessing them with Jawa scrap. As others have said, the stealth removal of the old Dark Project schematic was deeply frustrating; like many other people I used to spend my accumulated Jawa scrap on Exotics for this purpose.