I have a 70 token character with no story, can I play upcoming story? @EricMusco

ShieldProtection

ok so I have a 70 token character with no story progressed (I think I only entered the chapter one but no forward) I still have my ship since its 70 token. Can I play upcoming jedi under siege story without replaying kotfe/kotet/SoR/rise of the emperor? I really do not want to replay previous content since I already did them on my main toon, this is my secondary character. Kotfe and Kotet was nice storyline but takes SO MUCH time to complete, its basically skytrooper simulator 2018.

Sir Lord Eric Musco, can we get some details on this please? I think this question asked here before but I did not see any yellow text from devs as far as I see. Thanks

ok so I have a 70 token character with no story progressed (I think I only entered the chapter one but no forward) I still have my ship since its 70 token. Can I play upcoming jedi under siege story without replaying kotfe/kotet/SoR/rise of the emperor? I really do not want to replay previous content since I already did them on my main toon, this is my secondary character. Kotfe and Kotet was nice storyline but takes SO MUCH time to complete, its basically skytrooper simulator 2018.

Sir Lord Eric Musco, can we get some details on this please? I think this question asked here before but I did not see any yellow text from devs as far as I see. Thanks

As I understand it from the content of the livestream, if you skip to start the Ossus story, it will autocomplete PtR/SoR/RotE/KotFE/KotET using defaults matched to your existing faction: Republickers are full light, Imperials and Bounty Hunters are full dark.

Thats so stupid, I love to apply my agent some dark side choices against the SIS but no go full retard aka ds everyone on game. I'm not a sith and I dont want to become one, there should be a balanced option only for Agents (ds for enemies of the Empire/Intellgiance and some ls options to maintain stability of the Imperial agent character).

Now thanks to BioWare my agent will become a maniac on everyone (probably even on my mates shara and the minister) and THEY WILL HATE me no matter what. Or even worse, my character will assumed joined the republic at end of the class story.

Thanks alot bioware, you people just ruined my second agent character.

should I delete it? since its basically pointless character to me, and I'm running out character slots

Well.. I have not personally done so..but my understanding is characters from a 70 token (unlike boost to 60 and boost to 65) are able to still run their class story. So.. maybe spend a couple evenings between now and 5.10 and do that.. and then you have freedom of choice from that point forward.

See:

The Master's Datacron (the level 70 boost) only raises your character's level to 70 and grants some level 70 gear. It does not auto complete or skip any content at all. Outlander Tokens, by comparison, auto-complete much of the story content prior to Fallen Empire or Eternal Throne (depending on whether you start at 60 or 65) thus skipping over and locking you out of completing an OC companion romance.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9662682&postcount=2 Edited by Andryah

Thats so stupid, I love to apply my agent some dark side choices against the SIS but no go full retard aka ds everyone on game. I'm not a sith and I dont want to become one, there should be a balanced option only for Agents (ds for enemies of the Empire/Intellgiance and some ls options to maintain stability of the Imperial agent character).

Now thanks to BioWare my agent will become a maniac on everyone (probably even on my mates shara and the minister) and THEY WILL HATE me no matter what. Or even worse, my character will assumed joined the republic at end of the class story.

If the story matters to you, just play it. I really don't care what choices are made for my toons, even my main one...we all end up in the same place anyway.

should I delete it? since its basically pointless character to me, and I'm running out character slots

It'd be a waste of 2000 cc. Unless I'm mistaken, you won't get the datacron back. It's a consumable inventory item that applies level 70 and grants gear, not a character slot like the 60 and 65s.

Edited by kodrac

If the story matters to you, just play it. I really don't care what choices are made for my toons, even my main one...we all end up in the same place anyway.

This, I haven't finished the story on some of my characters and since it matters to me, I will run it on them. I have already complete the story on 5 of them and there is no reason I have to rush to get them all done by December. If you care about the choices, then do the story, if you don't accept the choices they will make. They have done this before so the way they are doing it is nothing new.

It'd be a waste of 2000 cc. Unless I'm mistaken, you won't get the datacron back. It's a consumable inventory item that applies level 70 and grants gear, not a character slot like the 60 and 65s.

Right.

...so you should delete your character and start again.

No. There's a choice. You can run through the stories and complete them with the choices you want, or you can take the defaults and realise that you really don't care about what your character is.

What you can't reasonably do is blindly accept the defaults and also simultaneously care about what your character is.

EDIT: In the above, I should have mentioned that it's not reasonable to ask for a custom set of defaults just for you, nor a "decision-selection tool", either.

Correction: there is already a "decision-selection tool", called "playing the story, if necessary in spacebar mode".END-EDIT.

I care about my characters, so I run through the stories and choose their paths, according to the personalities I have established for them. I have at least half a dozen who've done everything on the main KotFE+ story line up to the end of Nathema Conspiracy and are now married to Lana, another who's waiting to run through WoI/CoU/aTAtC/NC so she can kill her ex husband Quinn and marry her girlfriend Lana instead, one who fell hard for Theron and married him, a couple who are on Voss about to run through KotET, and a variety of others who are scattered around various bits of KotFE. There are a few others on their way to KotFE so that I can see various other romances and paths.

Why so many? Well, because I want to *see* the different paths through the story by running my own characters through them, and I want to express that through the choices that my characters make.(1) Because I *care* about what my characters are.

(1) And sometimes it feels as if it is the characters themselves who make the decisions rather than me doing it.

Edited by SteveTheCynic