The Third-Faction Compromise

AureliaSulis

If you're insinuating people do, what I think you're trying to say ;) then, no. You (general you) should continue to pay, to support the game because we very likely won't ever get another SW MMO. I'd be surprise if we see any new MMOs period. WoW might still be going, but even that isn't doing as well, even WoW has started to go F2P, a more *******r version of F2P than TOR but F2P nonetheless.

You should only unsub from this, if you truly hate the game, but not if you're expecting something better because that just leads to bitter disappointment

I agree, if someone truly hates this game and they don't get any enjoyment out of it anymore then they should unsub. But unsubbing because of 1 change while you still like the rest of the game and enjoy that is anything but smart, not only for oneself but for the entirety of the game.

It's one thing I wish people would realise: unsubbing to voice discontent about one thing or another is what ultimately will kill this game and force EA to shut it down. As long as SWTOR makes money it's going to be kept running, the moment that changes it will go downhill fast.

So if you want to unsub, unsub prudently. Think it over whether you're just mad about one little thing or whether the entire game doesn't give you pleasure and enjoyment anymore. If it's one change or thing that you are bothered by, don't unsub, because your unsub will not change a single thing and lead eventually to EA pulling the plug. If you want to change anything you don't like about the game, express it on these forums, contact the devs via PMs here, go to Twitter and try to reach out to the devs there, approach the Bioware Influencers who are in direct contact with the devs. There are so many other more efficient and prudent alternatives to unsubbing to voice dissatisfaction.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if a third faction doesn't make sense to the new story? Like there's this galactic thing going on and you're just staying out of it. How's that going to work? An auto-complete button on the quest terminal? I've been wanting one of those since the Jorgan chapter. It would be a colossal waste of development to write an entirely different story just for you to say "Meh don't care".

So you end up from a story perspective just ignoring it and doing your own thing, and from a gameplay perspective you're just ignoring the content and doing your own thing (RP, dailies, whatever). But, but you have to do the new content I hate to get the new dailies! Meh. That's exactly what those of us that hated FE/ET and the Alliance have done for the last two and a half years. Thanks, by the way, for not noticing or caring.

Besides, we don't even know what this story is yet, obviously. You all might like it. Maybe you won't be as disenfranchised as we were trudging through the previous monstrosity. Then again, those of us that are happy with the Alliance going bye-bye might end up hating it, given their recent track record. My personal expectations are low. I'm hoping it won't suck as much. Who knows what the future holds.

Edited by kodrac

makes no difference if you unsub, sub or stand at the top of the EA building wearing a pink tutu complete with a "shoot me" sign.

The terms of use are clear that you are only entitled to rent the service and play the game, that is all you are entitled to until it is withdrawn or you stop using the service, what EA does with the game is on them as they can change the game how they like without informing us if they so wished it, but the fact they have over the last 7 years means they are being stand up about it telling us up front what changes are being made, it means they are at least acknowledging they wish to do more.

Personally I'd prefer BioWare to be a little more forthcoming with its subscribers about what the future holds for the Alliance - will it be a third-faction, or exist in some actual form, or is it to be completely phased out?

Despite my request here, I'm not holding out much hope for the Alliance and so am in the process of converting my Rishi stronghold into a quasi-Alliance base, complete with Republic and Imperial guards and all the main companions from the expansions. If the Alliance does not continue into the future, then my characters will at least have an off-world base that is neither Republic or Empire.

To be honest this game could be a lot worse, i have been around the gaming industry a long time now, and i know Keith has done a lot, from what i know personally and in some in business. Irvin did not listen as much as Keith did and does. Also Keith does a lot more player side than i think Ben Irvin did. This game was going really bad and Keith Charles and Eric definitely know that very well.

They aren't going to publicly say/tell everyone that EA could do a lot better because EA can, and are at their mercy. They do what they can usually. I do believe we should have our factions now that their are 3 of them, whether the Devs will go through with what the people want is another story. EA has been doing bad with people since about 2010, and needs to do a lot better with not just Star Wars customer but with the Worls audience as a whole with FIFA, Madden Battlefront and Battlefield series that other companies have done better withe Battlefront series, then when EA took it fans hated it for different reasons.

I think honestly if the Devs care enough, then they will incorporate the Alliance into the game, but may not fully be like the way we want it like the OP has, even though some of us want that. It could also meant that 6.0 may be released by 2 months longer in the cycle, maybe 3 months with that, idk.

I think honestly if the Devs care enough, then they will incorporate the Alliance into the game, but may not fully be like the way we want it like the OP has, even though some of us want that. It could also meant that 6.0 may be released by 2 months longer in the cycle, maybe 3 months with that, idk.

Wanna know why I want the Alliance gone? Because I was FORCED to "kiss and make up" with the opposite faction. Big bad friggin' Lord of the Sith working with Pubs and Jedi, now how looney tunes is that??

"Pure and righteous and perfect" Jedi Master working with or for the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt?? Hello, that dude or dudette killed one of your friggin' Jedi buddies !

You got the idea.

Wanna know why I want the Alliance gone? Because I was FORCED to "kiss and make up" with the opposite faction. Big bad friggin' Lord of the Sith working with Pubs and Jedi, now how looney tunes is that??

"Pure and righteous and perfect" Jedi Master working with or for the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt?? Hello, that dude or dudette killed one of your friggin' Jedi buddies !

You got the idea.

Same here. My Sith characters have hated the Republic and Jedi throughout their entire class story, every opportunity they got I picked dialogue options that basically expressed "death to the Republic and Jedi". My Jedi Knight instead viewed the Sith Empire as the ultimate evil in the galaxy. She would attempt to turn people to the Jedi or Republic, but they got only 1 chance and if they didn't take it she would have seen herself forced to destroy the evil they represented. Like sure, she gladly turned Praven to the Light, but she knew that it were only a few individuals who would want to turn. She didn't believe the entire Empire could be redeemed, instead, it had to be ended. So she was a bit like Master Kaidan in that regard.

So you can imagine how out of character my original mains appeared to me when we were forced into a story where everyone worked happily together. It's what bothers me so much about the Alliance, almost without any effort everyone becomes best friends and sings kumbaya around a bonfire. It's not supposed to be that easy, the entire internal structure of the Alliance should have been constantly on edge, Imperials and Reps ready to shoot one another at every moment and Sith and Jedi ready to clash lightsabers in an instant. That would have made the Alliance seem more realistic and believable.

Edited by Ylliarus

Master Jaric Kaeden had a sense of pride and a passive-aggressive behavior and that means he had some negative emotions and behavior near the surface. He was ironically closer to the dark side than he realised, but i'm certain he wouldn't care to notice such a thing.

You got the idea.

So you dont think the story of Lord Scourge is any way similar to what your Sith or Jedi does With The Alliance? As far as I know a faction of the Imperials and a Faction of the Republic follow you because they recognize you are the only hope for the Galaxy against the most powerful Force users ever seen. That the Jedi nor the Sith could Stop the Eternal Knights as they rampaged thru Imperial and Republic space, and they chose to follow you against those powerful forces. That in no way is you Kissing and making up with anyone. That is them bowing down to you. You have the wrong perspective about Eternal Throne story.

Another example is the Sith Warrior Story, no less than 2 times in that story do you use republic forces to take out forces loyal to Baras. You even saved one squad from being killed so they owed you a favor to help. So how is it you cant imagine working with Pubs to achieve your goals?

If you wanted story that made your character the most powerful and to become a supreme Leader, also having the Jedi , Republic , Imperial, and Sith Forces bowing down to you, the KOTET was it. I dont know why anyone wouldnt want their character to become almost God like in a story. And for that story to continue as you rule your end of the galaxy.

Edited by Fallensouls

So you dont think the story of Lord Scourge is any way similar to what your Sith or Jedi does With The Alliance? As far as I know a faction of the Imperials and a Faction of the Republic follow you because they recognize you are the only hope for the Galaxy against the most powerful Force users ever seen. That the Jedi nor the Sith could Stop the Eternal Knights as they rampaged thru Imperial and Republic space, and they chose to follow you against those powerful forces. That in no way is you Kissing and making up with anyone. That is them bowing down to you. You have the wrong perspective about Eternal Throne story.

Another example is the Sith Warrior Story, no less than 2 times in that story do you use republic forces to take out forces loyal to Baras. You even saved one squad from being killed so they owed you a favor to help. So how is it you cant imagine working with Pubs to achieve your goals?

If you wanted story that made your character the most powerful and to become a supreme Leader, also having the Jedi , Republic , Imperial, and Sith Forces bowing down to you, the KOTET was it. I dont know why anyone wouldnt want their character to become almost God like in a story. And for that story to continue as you rule your end of the galaxy.

I get your point. But now, after the Alliance fulfilled its purpose ( to dethrone Arcann & Vaylin) it is time for it to dissolve. My characters don't want to be Gods, just want their old lives back ( and their crews).

There is at least 1 problem with getting rid of the Alliance completely : what will happen with some companions and to some romances ?

Would characters like Jorgan be willing to join the Empire ?

Would Senya and Koth be willing to join the Empire or the Republic as well ?

Would they be welcomed with open arms either in the Empire or the Republic, and it's even more true for Arcann.

Would the Jedi really accept back in the Order any JK or JC who is getting married to Theron or even more so to Lana ?

Would the Sith take seriously any SW or SI who is getting married to a republic spy ? Especially if said Sith confessed their undying love for him in front of the whole Galaxy ?

I'm quite fine with the Alliance changing slightly, but not with it disapearing if it means the end of some of my ongoing romances, or if i end up loosing companions i like because of that.

Edited by Goreshaga

There is at least 1 problem with getting rid of the Alliance completely : what will happen with some companions and to some romances ?

Would they be welcomed with open arms either in the Empire or the Republic, and it's even more true for Arcann.

Would the Jedi really accept back in the Order any JK or JC who is getting married to Theron or even more so to Lana ?

Would the Sith take seriously any SW or SI who is getting married to a republic spy ? Especially if said Sith confessed their undying love for him in front of the whole Galaxy ?

I'm quite fine with the Alliance changing slightly, but not with it disapearing if it means the end of some of my ongoing romances, or if i end up loosing companions i like because of that.

Yes. This is the elephant in the room. The factions are not going to react well to some companions or romances, and the companion LIs are not going to react well to certain factions. I don't want to lose LIs or companions.

Jorgan? I would give him the possibility to follow me or return to the Republic.

Senya/Arcann/Koth - maybe they would follow my LS characters.

JK/JC married to Theron / Lana - sry I don't have any, my JK is a hermit and my JC ( a twilek female) is in love with Zenith and does not want any other romantic partner

My LS SW female married to Theron - now that's a difficult one !

Jorgan? I would give him the possibility to follow me or return to the Republic.

Senya/Arcann/Koth - maybe they would follow my LS characters.

JK/JC married to Theron / Lana - sry I don't have any, my JK is a hermit and my JC ( a twilek female) is in love with Zenith and does not want any other romantic partner

My LS SW female married to Theron - now that's a difficult one !

Well even if Zenith is made romanceable at some point, your JC would be introuble too.

Either you're a Jedi and not supposed to marry anyone, or you want to marry the one you love and you can't be a Jedi anymore.

They've added so many sticky wickets that it's not even funny.

ANY romance with a JK or JC would be taboo to the Jedi Council.

Neither side is fond of Zakuul, so it's a question as to how those characters (Koth, Senya, Arcann) would fit in either faction.

There's still major hostility toward Arcann from the planets he hurt, so showing up with him as your SO in either faction, again, drama.

Being an Imperial and bringing back a noted SIS spy as your SO might not go over well.

Any class companion who is fervently patriotic (Jorgan, Elara, Rusk, Pierce, etc.) might strenuously object to switching factions.

Whatever a PC does it seems like they're going to bleed out some of their companions. After working to get those companions and raise their influence in some cases these are not happy thoughts.

Well even if Zenith is made romanceable at some point, your JC would be introuble too.

Either you're a Jedi and not supposed to marry anyone, or you want to marry the one you love and you can't be a Jedi anymore.

The Jedi (First) Order can kick me out already :D

Edited by AdornedBlood

Thruthfully, when it comes to my companions, I’ve been more or less gaming it. Earlier I was playing it straight, in regards to conversations and gifts, raising comp prestige.

When HK was killed, by the time Koth pulled his stunt, I was more than leary of BioWare giveth and taketh.

Now, HK is my choice, when I have a choice of companions. I hope he is safe from BioWare, considering the trouble and expense to get him. My next 8 comps I feel BioWare has already committed to player choice. I do realize BioWare could double down and come after Vette again, but I doubt they will.

The only comp I am worried about is Lana, and since Theron has been committed to the wind, I think Lana remains safe as BioWare storyteller.

BioWare dropped the ball... Kira, Nadia, many more, should have been back if they’re ever coming back.

The cost and time is quite high, getting prestige up making these comps effective. The way some of you chat about your comps and love interests, makes me think I’m one of a few that’s gaming it.

ANY romance with a JK or JC would be taboo to the Jedi Council.

I'm not so sure about that. The Jedi are pretty chill with Iresso and the consular being together (she remains a master on the council, for one thing). Iresso comments on their response in some mail he sends the consular:

I got a call from Tython; not someone from the Council, a Master I didn't know. He asked me a bunch of questions, about us. About you. He was polite enough and friendly, and it didn't get too personal. It was just a strange experience overall. I knew the Jedi Council would be curious about us, but I've never actually been, you know, interrogated about someone I was involved with.

It wasn't all bad. Talking to him made me really look at myself and how I feel about you. And you know what? I love you. And I can explain exactly why because I had to answer a point-by-point questionnaire laying it out. Everything feels more true to me know: you and me, us, our future.

I just thought, maybe that's the point of asking stuff like this? The Jedi get their answers, I get to know this is real and not just a passing fling, all in one go. Very crafty. But I guess the Jedi Order's had thousands of years to get this right.

With love,

F.

The consular doesn't have to hide this relationship from the council. And none of them say a bad word to her about it. We could chalk this up to most NPCs in the game having limited reactivity to the relationship status of the main characters - and I think that'd be broadly fair - but this one mail is a counter-example. It indicates that there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach from the Jedi at least. One presumes that if Iresso's answers had been wildly different, or if he'd refused to go along with the interview at all, their attitude might not be the same. But because he is a respectful and wholesome person in a healthy, nurturing relationship, they don't consider it a barrier to the consular continuing to a be a Jedi (one of the leaders of the Jedi, even).

I'm not so sure about that. The Jedi are pretty chill with Iresso and the consular being together (she remains a master on the council, for one thing). Iresso comments on their response in some mail he sends the consular:

I don't know. You have given an excellent example, and I think it's entirely valid that there might be exceptions made, but I also feel like the Consular and Felix are an outlier. There's the oft-repeated idea that the Jedi Code isn't open to interpretation or debate the way the Sith Code is, (Ashara gets all frustrated in the SI story because of the different interpretations of the Sith Code and says it's not like that for the Jedi). And there's the "there is no emotion" line in the Code and the bans on love and attachments. There are a couple of Jedi having a relationship in the Jedi Knight story who beg the JK not to tell on them, and the JK themselves comments on the ban on attachments.

But on the other hand, given that the Jedi have been decimated by the war with the Eternal Empire they might be willing to welcome any Jedi back and let things like relationships slide.

On yet another hand (three hands? LOL) I dont' know if this tolerance would extend to, say, Lana. As you say, Felix was polite and willing to answer their questions, and he was also Republic-aligned. Lana is a Sith and we know how they feel about Sith - most of the Jedi Council wanted to either fight or lock up Scourge when he first appeared with the Jedi Knight.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

There are different views on the whole Jedi/Sex/Relationships. The problem is there is some in-continuity involved from official sources.

There is a quote From George Lucas that directly addresses it in part.

George Lucas did say "the Jedi were not necessarily celibate. "Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships" (BBC News Article). However, this statement does seem to cause a bit of incontinuity within the movies and story-line.

Now, as far as I am concerned, whatever George Lucas says is Star Wars is Star Wars, but he did use the word not 'necessarily' and that's implies it could be heh.

The thing is there are alot of canon inconsistancies here.

It may be taken that George Lucas statement essentially only was stated in regard to the Jedi from his movies, meaning post Sith Empire. So if seen from that POV it would mean only from Revenge of the Sith onward. This would also explain why we see tons of examples of Jedi after ROTS in the future EU marrying and having children.

We know that Ki-Adi-Mundi was given special permission from the Jedi Council to marry and have children due his races extremely low birth rate and concerns over low population that could at some point in the future lead to extinction.

I'm not really sure when Jedi became priests, but, during the first original 3 movies the whole concept seems a bit mote, the Jedi are all but gone.

I tend to ascribe to the Jedi no romantic relationships view. Given the great concerns on acting out of emotion, it really makes sense that they would be forbidden from entering any relationships that could lead to strong emotional ties.

Sex doesn't have to lead to that, but, it often does and there is really no way to be sure you could avoid unless the Jedi literally just went with prostitution as it's only avenue of the needs of their libidos without risk of emotional attachments, or 'one-night stands'. I dunno, right or wrong that seems very 'un-jedi like' to me. But, it does fufill the essential requirements that the Jedi would concern themselves with. Is love really the worser aspect than wanton lust? Additionally I can't reconcile the 'random sex is okay' with the 'There is no passion' part of the Jedi code. If sex doesn't constitute as an act of passion I really must have totally confused the definition of the word. So I really have mixes feelings on the matter.

It seems pretty clear however, the marriage and families would have to be an absolute no no. There is no way you can have marriage and starting families and avoid emotional attachments. There's just no way that could work and, it also puts the Jedi in the position of at times having to forsake his duty if his family finds itself in some emergency or crisis.

Given the amount of times we see Jedi having sex and getting in relationships and getting married it literally makes something of mockery of the subject as it appears there is virtually no ban on it of any kind. It's mentioned but it doesn't seem to matter to any of them heh

At this point I kinda look at it the same way as, for those of you who are Games of Thrones fans, how Brother's of the Night's Watch take a similar vow of no relationships with women, yet, are known to sometimes sneak away and visit the brothels in a near by village close to the Wall. Even the Night's Watch Commander said on the subject

"If the wall was manned only by brothers who kept the vows and never snuck away to visit the brothel the wall would be manned by headless men" [Punishment for breaking a vow, technically was death].

If I had to make the call on which seems more fitting for the Jedi, I'd have to say just no romance, it's not that I'm not open to the idea, there just seems to be too much evidence that they really aren't suppose to technically speaking, but instances where it does happen are instances of Jedi breaking that part of the Jedi vows and a lot of turning a blind eye on the part of the Jedi Council/ sanctioning it after-the-fact.

Given the amount of times we hear about all the crazy sexual antics that go one with priests in the news, that would seem to make more sense. But, it's open to interpretation I suppose, to many examples of both views going on. Interesting topic tho.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

There are different views on the whole Jedi/Sex/Relationships. The problem is there is some in-continuity involved from official sources.

There is a quote From George Lucas that directly addresses it in part.

George Lucas did say "the Jedi were not necessarily celibate. "Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships" (BBC News Article). However, this statement does seem to cause a bit of incontinuity within the movies and story-line.

Now, as far as I am concerned, whatever George Lucas says is Star Wars is Star Wars, but he did use the word not 'necessarily' and that's implies it could be heh.

The thing is there are alot of canon inconsistancies here.

It may be taken that George Lucas statement essentially only was stated in regard to the Jedi from his movies, meaning post Sith Empire. So if seen from that POV it would mean only from Revenge of the Sith onward. This would also explain why we see tons of examples of Jedi after ROTS in the future EU marrying and having children.

We know that Ki-Adi-Mundi was given special permission from the Jedi Council to marry and have children due his races extremely low birth rate and concerns over low population that could at some point in the future lead to extinction.

I'm not really sure when Jedi became priests, but, during the first original 3 movies the whole concept seems a bit mote, the Jedi are all but gone.

I tend to ascribe to the Jedi no romantic relationships view. Given the great concerns on acting out of emotion, it really makes sense that they would be forbidden from entering any relationships that could lead to strong emotional ties.

Sex doesn't have to lead to that, but, it often does and there is really no way to be sure you could avoid unless the Jedi literally just went with prostitution as it's only avenue of the needs of their libidos without risk of emotional attachments, or 'one-night stands'. I dunno, right or wrong that seems very 'un-jedi like' to me. But, it does fufill the essential requirements that the Jedi would concern themselves with. Is love really the worser aspect than wanton lust? Additionally I can't reconcile the 'random sex is okay' with the 'There is no passion' part of the Jedi code. If sex doesn't constitute as an act of passion I really must have totally confused the definition of the word. So I really have mixes feelings on the matter.

It seems pretty clear however, the marriage and families would have to be an absolute no no. There is no way you can have marriage and starting families and avoid emotional attachments. There's just no way that could work and, it also puts the Jedi in the position of at times having to forsake his duty if his family finds itself in some emergency or crisis.

Given the amount of times we see Jedi having sex and getting in relationships and getting married it literally makes something of mockery of the subject as it appears there is virtually no ban on it of any kind. It's mentioned but it doesn't seem to matter to any of them heh

At this point I kinda look at it the same way as, for those of you who are Games of Thrones fans, how Brother's of the Night's Watch take a similar vow of no relationships with women, yet, are known to sometimes sneak away and visit the brothels in a near by village close to the Wall. Even the Night's Watch Commander said on the subject

"If the wall was manned only by brothers who kept the vows and never snuck away to visit the brothel the wall would be manned by headless men" [Punishment for breaking a vow, technically was death].

If I had to make the call on which seems more fitting for the Jedi, I'd have to say just no romance, it's not that I'm not open to the idea, there just seems to be too much evidence that they really aren't suppose to technically speaking, but instances where it does happen are instances of Jedi breaking that part of the Jedi vows and a lot of turning a blind eye on the part of the Jedi Council/ sanctioning it after-the-fact.

Given the amount of times we hear about all the crazy sexual antics that go one with priests in the news, that would seem to make more sense. But, it's open to interpretation I suppose, to many examples of both views going on. Interesting topic tho.

I take it the same way as you, they can technically have sex as long as there are no feelings involved, and i take the same GoT example, as their vows are pretty similar.

There's one difference though, it seems Jedi can leave the Order whenever they want (like Dooku), wich is not the case for the Nightswatch as their bound to it untill they die, or well they'll be excuted. So i'd say that if a Jedi falls in love and trully wants to be with their lover, they just have to stop being Jedi.

Here's what we know so far about married/in a relationship Jedi :

- Tasiele Shan was exiled and had her daughter taken away because the Council disapproved of her wish to marry Satele's father

- Satele Shan had a child with Jace Malcom, yet she wasn't exiled and became Grand Master

- In JC class story, there is a Jedi named Laranna, daughter of a Jedi master ( maybe her father became a Jedi after he sired Laranna? )

- when Tharan Cedrax is harassing Nadia Grell, the Consular says something about Tharan not being able to pass the Council vetting - that means in some exceptional situations a Jedi is permitted to marry.

Conclusion: since your character is an exceptional Jedi and does a lot of great things including saving the plagued Masters, freeing Parkanas Tark from the spirit of an ancient Sith he or she is permitted to marry.

One problem here tho : there is not much info about Nadia's species, so we have no idea if she can procreate with a human or twilek ( the original species for JC).

Edited by AdornedBlood

Regarding Satele, she wasn't exiled, but she also gave birth to Theron in a cave to hide him, gave Theron up immediately (and the codex mentions it was due to the Jedi Code's ban on attachments among other things) and didn't pursue any sort of committed relationship with Jace Malcom. It seems that would have technically honored the 'no love/no attachments' clauses.

I tend to take a similar view to others here: that the Jedi looked the other way with one-night stands and experimentation, because there is nothing in the Code about celibacy, but the minute someone admitted an attachment to another person, or wanted to be in a relationship, there was a problem.

It’s also worth remembering that it’s not like the Jedi were entirely consistent on their beliefs throughout their 25,000 year history. We know in Legends that the strictures of the Prequel Triology (training from birth only, renouncing all outside ties including having families) only really came into effect with the Ruusan Reformation c. 1000 BBY. Likewise, just 350 years before SWTOR there were no issues at all with marriage or children as seen with Naomi Sunrider and her family.

We’ve got about 2500 years between “now” and the New Sith Wars/Ruusan Reformation. That’s plenty of time for the Jedi Order to go through multiple cycles of strict/lax interpretations of the Code and KotXX established that the Order was broken and scattered by Arcann. That means it’s going to need to be re-formed again and that provides the opportunity for things to go a different direction based on how it’s re-formed.

The easiest way to deal with likely spouses for Jedi in terms of the SWTOR story would be to acknowledge that the Jedi Order was effectively disbanded during the Eternal Empire’s rule and that the scattered Jedi who survived made all sorts of personal commitments in that time under the assumption that it might never be reformed (or at least not in their lifetimes).

As such, to facilitate reintegrating the Jedi Order as quickly as possible (there’s a war coming after all), any existing marriages or attachments that were in effect at the time that Jedi rejoined would essentially be grandfathered with the recognition that this is a one time only exemption based on the exceptional circumstances and not a blanket change of policy.

As a relative side-bar, it’d be interesting if they made a Republic subplot out of Lana feeling a pull towards the lightside (complete with an appearance customization) due to spending so much time around you (presuming you’ve made mostly lightside choices during SoR and KotXX). That might also be a way around the whole “suffer a Sith to live” mentality of the Jedi.

Another interesting aspect to consider in that regard is that the Alliance’s Force Enclave had a number of Jedi AND Sith who worked side by side for however long it’s been. If the Alliance does end and all those Jedi return to the Order, they might represent a sizable percentage of the reformed Jedi Order and might be less prone to the knee jerk hatred of the Sith (and therefore Lana; who is by far one of the most pragmatic of the Sith).

the knee jerk hatred of the Sith (and therefore Lana; who is by far one of the most pragmatic of the Sith).

So now the Alliance turns into The First Order? I don't care how " pragmatic:" is Lana, I am sick and tired of being forced to have her as a companion in every major story update! Maybe I want to use .. Arcann? Senya? Guss Tuno?