Bioware, so we're sticking with the new pvp ranked map or no?

DiavoIa

You are welcome to your opinion of course. But a lot of us like it how it is. So unless you can convince Bioware to use more resources to change something that not everyone hates, I guess you’ll just have to learn to play the map better or leave each time it pops.

Trixxie, your opinion doesn't matter, you have already shown your lack of experience everytime you've posted, including your knowledge of your main class...remember.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just don't get knocked off.

what great advice. thank you. i will remember that next time a sniper sits near the edge with no LOS near him, and as a marauder i can't touch him without getting knocked 10000 miles away.

makes swapping to that sniper impossible too, but i guess it is "working as intended"

or the fact that 1 sniper or merc knokcback can knock you off the top, even if u are hugging the middle LOS.... because again "working as intended".

ITT people disagree with the best tank in the game

people really are clueless, aren't they

it's probably why snipers are currently rated a little higher than the other classes on the leaderboards - they are kings of the new arena, and it's popping quite frequently

Edited by Hoppinswtor

My bad for the double post lel, but I recommend that bioware put railings around a portion of the ring at the top, with like 6ish meter gaps every 15ish meters to allow for knockback attempts. It would be a little bit more fair for everyone by still allowing for pushes and knocks but also giving melee their own chance to counter with savvy positioning; even if the sniper sits on the edge, you can still hit them from 4 meters away and position yourself snug against the railing.

And if you're gonna have the room underneath, remove the terminals in the middle of it. It's already a clusterbleep in there

Edited by Hoppinswtor

The best part. by far the best part. makes me laugh every time.... is when team ranked teams run double sniper comps just for this map. And then no matter where you stand you will get knocked off because they run double knockback strats with that aids 10m knockback root.

Imagine hugging the middle pillar as a tank, and then all of the sudden you see a sniper roll towards you and knock you back. Next second, another sniper rolls towards you and knocks you back into the pit of hell where you take the 10 minute scenic rout back up while watching your team die.

Great strats - knockback strats. Real pro. Makes up for any lack of dps, lack of awareness, lack of reflexes when you can just press 1 button.

Trixxie, your opinion doesn't matter, you have already shown your lack of experience everytime you've posted, including your knowledge of your main class...remember.

LoL, mine matters about as much as yours, which means not much or anymore than anyone else’s.

Your elitism shows constantly, sadly, you seem to be less elite than you think you.

LoL, mine matters about as much as yours, which means not much or anymore than anyone else’s.

Your elitism shows constantly, sadly, you seem to be less elite than you think you.

Elitist? LOL calling you out on your claims is not elitism. I'm not the one claiming to be the subject matter expert on sorc dps like yourself but actually not knowing the class, or the one calling people back seat general's and setting up a straw man fallacy by telling people they never played the class and they don't know what they are talking about.

Edited by DiavoIa

Yeah the map is pretty bad. Kinda disppointing because almost everyone told the devs in feedback how terrible the map was to push backs. The changes they made to the map before launch were good but it only lessed the blow of a badly designed map for competitive pvp.

I think the map desperately needs a secondary place where teams can fight (the narrow outer ring doesn’t count). Maybe hallow out the middle under the platform and raise the ceiling. This would help teams who don’t want to play knock back roulette have another spot to team fight. I personally feel like it might be too late though :(.

Edited by kissingaiur

Elitist? LOL calling you out on your claims is not elitism. I'm not the one claiming to be the subject matter expert on sorc dps like yourself but actually not knowing the class, or the one calling people back seat general's and setting up a straw man fallacy by telling people they never played the class and they don't know what they are talking about.

LoL, get over yourself. I tried to be nice at the start and you attacked me. Do you expect me to sit by and let you do that.

Of course you’re an elitist because you think you’re an expert at everything and when someone like myself disagrees with you, all of a sudden you make it personal and tell me my opinion doesn’t matter.

Well maybe my opinion doesn’t matter, but yours matters less if you aren’t willing to accept that other people feel differently to you.

I noticed you didn’t attack anyone else personally for liking the map, so you are either trolling me or an elitist who thinks he is a superior being me than me?

Yeah the map is pretty bad. Kinda disppointing because almost everyone told the devs in feedback how terrible the map was to push backs. The changes they made to the map before launch were good but it only lessed the blow of a badly designed map for competitive pvp.

I think the map desperately needs a secondary place where teams can fight (the narrow outer ring doesn’t count). Maybe hallow out the middle under the platform and raise the ceiling. This would help teams who don’t want to play knock back roulette have another spot to team fight. I personally feel like it might be too late though :(.

I do agree it could have even been better if they’d listened to the feed back more, but I think you’re right, it’s too late now for them to change it

Still, I like it in regs, I’ve not played it in ranked, so I’ve no opinion either way.

I do agree it could have even been better if they’d listened to the feed back more, but I think you’re right, it’s too late now for them to change it

Still, I like it in regs, I’ve not played it in ranked, so I’ve no opinion either way.

Oh..........that makes sense LMFAO

Edited by DiavoIa

Seems like y'all would rather argue further instead of commenting on my suggestions for improving the map. If you like them, mention something or come up with better ideas and perhaps the devs will take notice. :)

And Trixxie, he's not a superior being to you. You're a sweetheart. He's just a superior player in this particular video game. With that said, though, your opinion does matter because the majority of PvPers do regs only. And Bioware's gotta keep them happy too so they can keep the $$$ flowing and pay the people who design sexy outfits for all the Apex and All-Galaxy RPers on Star Forge. Either way, I think my suggestions would improve the map for both ranked and regs.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

I'd be very interested to see the devs play some of the better Ranked teams and stream it. It's been clear for a long, long time they don't understand the meta to their own game.

I really don't think they care about any testing done on the PTS as well...they're just interested in showstopping bugs otherwise push it out and call it a day.

Seems like y'all would rather argue further instead of commenting on my suggestions for improving the map. If you like them, mention something or come up with better ideas and perhaps the devs will take notice. :)

And Trixxie, he's not a superior being to you. You're a sweetheart. He's just a superior player in this particular video game. With that said, though, your opinion does matter because the majority of PvPers do regs only. And Bioware's gotta keep them happy too so they can keep the $$$ flowing and pay the people who design sexy outfits for all the Apex and All-Galaxy RPers on Star Forge. Either way, I think my suggestions would improve the map for both ranked and regs.

Ok, well I don’t mind the current way it is for regs because lots of reg people have difficult with any strategy or extra mechanics.

But let’s go through some things I would change.

They could remove half the height so the platform is only one ramp high? I guess that would still work.

If they did that, I would like to see the whole underneath opened up so the top was sort of sitting on multiple pillars you could LoS behind properly on the ground.

I don’t like the idea of more rails around the side because you may as well remove the whole ground level entirely, which defeats the purpose of the dual lvl mechanic. I think if they dropped the platform down a lvl, they should remove the rails they added.

I do like the air vents for pushing you up through the air. But they could add 2 more so there are 4.

I would also like to see them shoot you randomly to any location on that upper platform (like the HB ones). I know this one probably isn’t that conducent to ranked tactics, but I like the randomness of it.

If the platform was lower, they could add a couple of LoS objects around the edge of the map too.

Lastly, to round out my Frankenstein map, I would add 2 holes on the top platform that open randomly to drop you to the bottom level, but those spots would be randomly located each match and you can’t see where they are :D

Like I said, elitist ^^^

Thanks for proving my point about you ;)

Actually the opposite, I'm just calling you out again, you're basically telling me I'm wrong but you haven't even played the map other than on random reg wz with very little to no organised pvp. In other words you've played this map 1 out of 3 ways it is played and I've played it 3 out of 3 ways. It's funny how you start changing your mind as soon as hottie agree's with me, I was one of the people along with hottie and a few others who raised the issue with bioware and got the air vents put there when the testing was happening, it wasn't all we wanted unfortunely. I'll call you out trixxie whenever you claim something you are not, including sorc subject matter expert :D

Actually the opposite, I'm just calling you out again, you're basically telling me I'm wrong but you haven't even played the map other than on random reg wz with very little to no organised pvp. In other words you've played this map 1 out of 3 ways it is played and I've played it 3 out of 3 ways. It's funny how you start changing your mind as soon as hottie agree's with me, I was one of the people along with hottie and a few others who raised the issue with bioware and got the air vents put there when the testing was happening, it wasn't all we wanted unfortunely. I'll call you out trixxie whenever you claim something you are not, including sorc subject matter expert :D

Actually all I said to start with was I liked the map and you are welcome to your opinion if you dislike it, I was very polite about it and didn’t argue with you.

Then you told me my opinion didn’t count, which comes across as conceited or trolling. Either looked elitist to me.

More people play regs than ranked, so while you might think my opinion is irrelevant, it’s no less important than yours.

You can’t even see how you come across as elitist when you say mine doesn’t count but yours does because you play it in ranked.

The more you keep trying to prove your opinion is more important because you play ranked, the more it enforces the perspective of you being elitist.

As for playing a Sorc. Just because I don’t play one in ranked, doesn’t mean I don’t understand the class enough to voice my opinion. While I’m certainly not a top 5% Sorc player and I’ve never claimed to be, I have got 6 years experience playing the class and I’m not a complete noob. Do I make mistakes sometimes? Sure, I’m human, people make mistakes and learn from them. I’ve never said I’m perfect, but I dare you to show me one person that is.

You can disagree with people without making it a personal attack and bringing up an old topic that you and I disagreed in. By continuously bringing it up, just shows how you need to constantly try and deride me to make yourself look superior. Which by the way, enforces my opinion of elitism on your part. If you were really as good and knowledgeable as you claim to be, you wouldn’t need to put me down to try and make yourself look better, your own skill and knowledge would be enough to boost your reputation. I guess if you need to keep putting someone down who you consider inferior, maybe you aren’t as confident in your own abilities as you try to project. Which begs the question, are you really as good as you think you are?

Actually all I said to start with was I liked the map and you are welcome to your opinion if you dislike it, I was very polite about it and didn’t argue with you.

Then you told me my opinion didn’t count, which comes across as conceited or trolling. Either looked elitist to me.

More people play regs than ranked, so while you might think my opinion is irrelevant, it’s no less important than yours.

You can’t even see how you come across as elitist when you say mine doesn’t count but yours does because you play it in ranked.

The more you keep trying to prove your opinion is more important because you play ranked, the more it enforces the perspective of you being elitist.

As for playing a Sorc. Just because I don’t play one in ranked, doesn’t mean I don’t understand the class enough to voice my opinion. While I’m certainly not a top 5% Sorc player and I’ve never claimed to be, I have got 6 years experience playing the class and I’m not a complete noob. Do I make mistakes sometimes? Sure, I’m human, people make mistakes and learn from them. I’ve never said I’m perfect, but I dare you to show me one person that is.

You can disagree with people without making it a personal attack and bringing up an old topic that you and I disagreed in. By continuously bringing it up, just shows how you need to constantly try and deride me to make yourself look superior. Which by the way, enforces my opinion of elitism on your part. If you were really as good and knowledgeable as you claim to be, you wouldn’t need to put me down to try and make yourself look better, your own skill and knowledge would be enough to boost your reputation. I guess if you need to keep putting someone down who you consider inferior, maybe you aren’t as confident in your own abilities as you try to project. Which begs the question, are you really as good as you think you are?

Speaking of personal attacks, when I made a comment on how sorc lightening had been buffed and is now very tanky therefore required a survivability nerf in order for a dmg buff, you perceded to call me a back seat general and tell me that I don't know because I don't play the class even though you didn't know who I was or what I played, but you went on the attack anyway. So who looks elitest? Who initiated the deriding of who first? Don't play the innocent card trixxie.

Edited by DiavoIa

Speaking of personal attacks, when I made a comment on how sorc lightening had been buffed and is now very tanky therefore required a survivability nerf in order for a dmg buff, you perceded to call me a back seat general and tell me that I don't know because I don't play the class even though you didn't know who I was or what I played, but you went on the attack anyway. So who looks elitest? Who initiated the deriding of who first? Don't play the innocent card trixxie.

Like I said, you can’t let go of a disagreement we had in a discussion a longtime ago, on a completely different topic in a different thread. One of which you are quoting out of context and not including the rest of the discussion, which I will not drag into this thread. If you want to continue that discussion, then necro that old thread and don’t try using it out of context to snipe at me because you don’t like me or want to increase your own importance.

I’m not the one who stated in this thread that my opinion means less than everyone else’s. I’m also not the one who went on a personal attack. That was ALL YOU mister.

But I’m also not going to take your personal vendetta crap in everythread you decide to attack me in. Bringing up that Sorc discussion in a few threads now is passive aggressive behaviour and possible trolling.

You keep coming back to an old discussion to justify your bad behaviour in this thread. Even if I did the wrong thing back then, which I didn’t in the context you are trying to present it in, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Your continued attitude to my opinion not mattering because you disagree on a point from months ago or because I’m not playing ranked, as if ranked players are all that count in this game, comes across as elitist.

You keep trying to point out my flaws to make yourself seem better. Pulling some else down to inflate your own ego might not be elitist, but it’s certainly not something to be proud of.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Trixxie, Maybe Dia came at you a bit harsh, but when it comes to arenas, ranked players opinions hold more weight than someone who plays regs the majority of the time. Commenting and arguing with ranked players about ego and justifying why your entitled to your opinion is only derailing this thread even more. Please offer advice if you have it, but no need to argue that your opinion matters. leave your opinion and step away.

Trixxie, Maybe Dia came at you a bit harsh, but when it comes to arenas, ranked players opinions hold more weight than someone who plays regs the majority of the time. Commenting and arguing with ranked players about ego and justifying why your entitled to your opinion is only derailing this thread even more. Please offer advice if you have it, but no need to argue that your opinion matters. leave your opinion and step away.

I never tried to say Ranked didn’t matter or that it was played the same as reg arena. I meant no disrespect to other ranked players. My only comment at the start and my position the whole way through was I liked it for regs.

When I was personally attacked by him and that my opinion didn’t matter at all, I bit back as he was being elitist in his response to me then and every attack after. While everyone else was fine that I had voice my opinion for regs.

He then continued to personally attack me, so I put him in his place for being a snob and trying to tear me down to inflate his own self worth.

I would play ranked if my connection allowed it. I use to play it all the time when we had APAC servers (20ms Ping) and I even played it on bastion and Harbinger until the ping went up 6 months after we got merged from APAC (for some unknown reason, it went from 165ms to 230ms). And since the mergers last year, it’s gone up another 50-60ms. Making Ranked an impossibility, even regs can really piss me off sometimes when some noob kills me only because of my lag.

I’ve never pretended to be the best player, but I’m certainly no green nub who doesn’t know their arse from their elbow. I’m sure if I could play ranked with similar ping you guys have, I could get up to scratch and be semi competitive.

Would my opinion matter then?

You’ll noticed that I have agreed with some in this thread that it could have been better, I even offered some suggestions of my own. But I was trying to be a realist about the situation. I think we all know Bioware won’t make any changes now it’s been released. We’ll probably be “lucky” if they fix the reported bugs in the map.

I don’t think the map is crap, I don’t think it’s fantastic either. But it is playable and I would think good players will work out some better strategy and tactics for it after a few months playing it. I think it is more strategy based than the other arenas. Maybe that’s why I like it because I’m interested in more strategy and advanced tactical play over straight up death matching.

Remember how everyone hated the first Rishi arena? After awhile, people got use to it. This will be no different. It may not end up being everyone’s favourite map, but I’m sure some will like it more than others.

Lastly, I think if Bioware had consulted more with the actual top pvp specialists in this game instead of influencers and their own internal team, then the map could have been specifically designed to be optimised for the best ranked play. Sadly I don’t actually think that was their intention. I think they made a compromised map for both reg and ranked use.

I will try and only offer feed back on the map, as long as the personal attacks stop. I’m not someone that likes to sit by and let people bully others, that’s how bullies thrive..

It works both ways, I’m willing to get back on track, but I noticed you didn’t tell him to pull his head in, only me when he is the instigator and even tried to bring in a whole other forum topic to bait me :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I like the aesthetics of the new map, and I think it's neat down below too I like the layout. I haven't seen any unexpected sudden deaths from leaps or other ability moves, did they fix that stuff or have I just been lucky? Edited by Lhancelot