Remote crafting via Android...

Azryie

I don't think anyone cares how much you work per week. So, don't expect the game to be modified to work around your busy lifestyle. You either have time for it or you don't. You can't get the best of both worlds. Oh, and what you're asking for already exists in another game and its THAT WAY -------->

My workweek is as valid a scenario as "omg rich people get a p2w app!" So answer my question, how does it give me an unfair advantage? As for wow, I dropped that game back a month or so after ZG/ZA was "revamped"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, there's some haters in here!

It's already possible on Android phones. I did crafting/slicing/gathering missions pretty much the whole holiday weekend when I was away from my computer. Get Team Viewer and set it up on phone and computer. It's a little wonky but it gets the job done.

Fair enough. That said, I'd still prefer and pay for the convenience of a well thought out app made specifically for the game, as opposed something that is "a little wonky". I think others would as well.

Not that it would necessarily happen though, so not holding my breath or anything.

I can't understand why people have an issue with this. Obviously it would need to be an apple app as well, some love for my iPhone please.

I can't see how this is a 'pay to win' or a 'game breaker' it wouldn't allow you to do something that someone sitting at their pc all day long would be able to do.

Why all the hate?

Flaming already? My appologies for not being able to sit in front of my computer screen all day and night...I too pay a monthly fee like u, however my current employment prevents me from playing all hours of the day...

How is it cheating? Sitting behind my pc or using my cell? Hmm...only difference is the cell is mobile...which cheating rule states u have to b at ur house with ur chips n soda in order to not b cheating?

it is an unfair advantage to people that don't have smart phones. if you can not understand that simple fact then I don't know what to tell you.

it is an unfair advantage to people that don't have smart phones. if you can not understand that simple fact then I don't know what to tell you.

It's an unfair advantage that people don't have to work and sit at home all day long playing the game. I fail to see your point.

It wouldn't let you do something that the afformentioned person couldn't do while sitting around at home all day long.

What kind of logic is this? Then you playing the game at all is unfair to millions of poor people who would love to play but can't afford a computer/broadband internet/the game/monthly sub, right?

Just as having a beast machine with high framerate gives me an unfair advantage over people barely meeting the requirements? Just as the people who have the ability to sit in front of a PC all day have an unfair advantage over those that work fulltime? Is it unfair that I can get an authenticator for free while you have to pay $5? How is it unfair? I still have to log in and earn credits to run the crew skills.

You can already do this via remote control apps. Just need to have game on your desktop computer and then connect to that via the remote.

There are free ones in Android market. Needs bit configuring though and official app (even with extra sub) would be handier but it is already doable.

Just as having a beast machine with high framerate gives me an unfair advantage over people barely meeting the requirements? Just as the people who have the ability to sit in front of a PC all day have an unfair advantage over those that work fulltime? Is it unfair that I can get an authenticator for free while you have to pay $5? How is it unfair? I still have to log in and earn credits to run the crew skills.

You work at a paper mill and are competing with a guy that works at Google and drives a Ferrari for a girl's attention. Unfair.

You are competing with people that have Masters degrees for a file clerk position because the economy sucks. Unfair.

The list goes on and on and on... This would be at the bottom of the barrel of all the things in life that are unfair. And at least most of these people have the chance to get a smartphone, there are some that are dirt cheap now. No real excuse not to have one. If you can afford this game plus the monthly sub, you can afford a smartphone.

"I LIVE IN THE 10th CENTURY AND ONLY HAVE A ROCK, PHONES ARE CHEATING"

Damned newfangled rocks. All we had in my day was sand.

If it's also accessible by browser, then I'm all for it. This is 2012 (almost), ffs. Time to get with the program and provide all sorts of spiffy electronic add-ons. The only question should be, do we wait for BW to create the add-ons or give the community the opportunity to make this sort of thing happen. (I think of EVE and all the cool programs that the community has come up with for the simple reason that the company let them do so.)

TLDR MORE, MORE, and then some MORE. Stop being obstructionists.

Edited by jd_now

Ok, honestly, doing crew skills remotely isn't game breaking or unfair. People saying this don't seem to have anything to back up what they're saying.

I've been doing remote skills and I'm not much richer or higher level than guild mates who don't remote.

Just let people have fun, geeze.

:)

I am one that sits in front of my computer ALL day. I work from home, and this is my off season. I also have a smart phone. I can't see any way that this would give the phone user an advantage over me. Rather the opposite in fact.

While I am running crew missions/crafting, I am also making credits, and maintaining a decent bank balance. If I was ONLY crafting, I would run out of money pretty fast :eek:

With that said, I would LOVE for something like this to be implemented. I only have one crafting skill. I've been desperately trying to find an item on the GTN, and haven't for days (Tech Staff for my Torian companion). If other players could craft and auction their items, my chances of having my game play improved (due to finding the gear I need) increases as well.

I actually think this is very fair, and the game mechanics are already available to prevent any unfair advantage from it.

Damned newfangled rocks. All we had in my day was sand.

If it's also accessible by browser, then I'm all for it. This is 2012 (almost), ffs. Time to get with the program and provide all sorts of spiffy electronic add-ons. The only question should be, do we wait for BW to create the add-ons or give the community the opportunity to make this sort of thing happen. (I think of EVE and all the cool programs that the community has come up with for the simple reason that the company let them do so.)

TLDR MORE, MORE, and then some MORE. Stop being obstructionists.

I'd imagine that EA would bring down the might of a billion lawyers on anyone actually taking matters into their own hands, though. If for no other reason than because it's what a big company must do every now and then to assert itself.

Edited by Kenthen

You work at a paper mill and are competing with a guy that works at Google and drives a Ferrari for a girl's attention. Unfair.

You are competing with people that have Masters degrees for a file clerk position because the economy sucks. Unfair.

The list goes on and on and on... This would be at the bottom of the barrel of all the things in life that are unfair. And at least most of these people have the chance to get a smartphone, there are some that are dirt cheap now. No real excuse not to have one. If you can afford this game plus the monthly sub, you can afford a smartphone.

I am being nit-picky here, but as this is my last thread to be viewed before I return to my engineering duties I thought I'd say the following:

First comment is spot on.

Second comment I disagree on, only because there are many times where people are "over-qualified" for a position and as such are ignored or overlooked during interviews, etc. Reason being - the person is so highly qualified that they are definitely not a long stay so a waste of training and/or the hiring party risks being replaced by the hiree.

Otherwise good.

I support this app for smart phones. I don't currently own one, but was looking to buy one, and honestly, if this app came out, I would purchase a smart phone in a heartbeat - no need currently. Perhaps BioWare will come out with a special "modded" Droid phone - would be awesome!

I think that the fact that people feel the need to play when they aren't at their PC is pretty sad regardless of their work schedule. It would seem that some people just need better time management.

False, if we were calling off to play, not sleeping, or otherwise shirking our responsibilities to play THEN we would need better time management. As it stands, all we want is to be able to partake in the game during downtime.

Hmm, I guess my statement about shirking responsibility to play isn't so much a time management issue as a priority issue. Time would more likely be along the lines of getting so engrossed I forgot to sleep or go to work.

Thanks for the idea of using Team Viewer. Gonna set it up tonight!

I think an official app would be cool. Would certainly create alot of buzz. I cant see how its game breaking either. The biggest issue would be bags filling up with no way to empty them :eek:

I just cant see how more connectivity is bad (well, for anything other than my work productivity...and we can all see how that is going anyway...)

I don't see any need to be able to craft while outside of the game. Crafting is part of playing the game, I see no real reason for being able to do this when not playing the game. It would also trivialize the time differences in crafting missions.

Making the market accessible through browsers/apps seems OK to me though. That's more about player-to-player transactions rather than actual gameplay. There isn't really a huge need for this at the moment, though.

Edited by SpringDrive