Class Balance: Healing

islander

How is it these days? I haven't played in 5-6 years, rather then start with one of my 55's I'm starting a new Jedi Sage with the intent of doing pvp healing.

Are things reasonably balanced for healing these days? I mean for a long time, it'll just be warzone leveling (unless that sucks now?)

How is it these days? I haven't played in 5-6 years, rather then start with one of my 55's I'm starting a new Jedi Sage with the intent of doing pvp healing.

Are things reasonably balanced for healing these days? I mean for a long time, it'll just be warzone leveling (unless that sucks now?)

Leveling solely via PVP might suck because non-70 pops are not very common at certain times of the day I do suggest to be constantly queued, but do other things meanwhile too. Not to mention that if you encounter hackers (they prefer the non-70s because not enough people see them long enough to report them), I would suggest to stop for a while, or queue-dodge them. Healing is OK, not too strong or too weak (though a healer who works together with a good tank might be considered OP), be prepared to be targeted and focused hard by good groups and to free cast and feel like a god versus bad groups. The usual. ;)

Funny, 6 years ago, a great healer/tank pair was considered OP, too!

Is sage healing in a decent place though, relative to smuggler/commando?

Scoundrel/op has the best potential hps but has a hard time dealing with focus/healing burst without a tank

Sage/sorc has the best overall toolkit but has energy management issues

Mando/merc has solid hps and is tanky, but is the worst healer in pvp due to it's mechanics

Healer balance is, overall, pretty decent; sage/sorc is the best overall healer with OPs/scoundrels excelling vs pressure teams and mandos/mercs trailing behind the other two.

Since you were on POT5 back in the day I assume you are playing on Star Forge now?

Edited by alexsamma

I find the sage healer most fluid of all healers. It's utilities mesh well and you got tons of mobility and ways to escape focus fire. The biggest difference is on sage you will blow through your energy fast now compared to in the past. You will have great burst healing at your fingertips, but it really doesn't take long to empty the tank if you are not careful.

I find scoundrel heals tedious. I view it as playing whack-a-mole with your HoTs. You basically got to manage your HoTs on every individual to make sure your HoTs are running on them to really maximize your effectiveness. The thing I enjoy most on scoundrel heals is the huge AoE umbrella heal you get which gives you awesome heal numbers when you can catch your team en masse and taking lots of spread out damage.

Commando healer is my favorite atm. Commando healer has nice burst healing and energy is fairly easy to manage. The weakness on commando heals is trying to keep multiple people up especially if you are getting pressured due to having a lot of stand and cast heals and very little escapes from focus fire. It's easier to interrupt and shut down commando heals than it is the other two heal specs, and once you blow your DCDs on commando healer you are easily shutdown and killed.

I think all three healers are interesting and fulfilling to play. All three healer types are great in regs and sage seems to be the preferred one for ranked so if you go with sage heals you can't lose.

With sage heals just consider your utilities wisely, that will have the biggest impact on how you do in PVP. The sage healer is the easiest one to play in the game, but with that being said choosing utilities that work best with your style of play will make you that much more effective.

These are the insights and answers I was looking for. Thanks guys, I will stay as a sage,its a story I haven't actually done yet.

edit: Yes, all of my 55's are on Star Forge now. I'm just a lowbie on Tython now. Thought relearning the game would be easiest by starting over.

Edited by islander

These are the insights and answers I was looking for. Thanks guys, I will stay as a sage,its a story I haven't actually done yet.

edit: Yes, all of my 55's are on Star Forge now. I'm just a lowbie on Tython now. Thought relearning the game would be easiest by starting over.

I came back 4-5 weeks ago, but I actually had a couple toons at 70 before I had quit last time. Many of my toons were 65 lvl still.

I did as you are, started some new toons but once I got to mid 40s or so found I had the understanding of the class and picked up my higher lvls and was fine from that point on. I also got bored queing for mids and not getting consistent pops so I I ended up just pushing my favorite toons from 65 to 70.

Star Forge is a great server btw, but pubs tend to get smoked consistently unless some PVPers decide to play pubs for a challenge when they see imps are dominating heavily. The typical player seems to flock to the side that is winning more and that's almost always imps presently.

Not sure what happened to all the refugees from TEH server which played pubs, TEH server had a really tight knit team of PVPers so I thought for sure there'd be a bigger pub presence on SF but alas that is not the case. Maybe the old timer pubs from TEH quit now, I don't know.

If you see me on my commando healer feel free to send tell if you need help with anything. Name is Danico.

Edited by Lhancelot