Funniest Hutt Ball hack

TrixxieTriss

Logic is beyond the grasp of some people, it’s good to see another person actually knows how to use it :D

There are 2 reasons why I don’t record.

1. I would need to run the program continously to catch a random person doing something. Which is unreasonable when you consider how many hours I play at a time (3-12 hour or longer sessions). This would ruin my solid state hard drives as they aren’t designed to be used that way.

It’s not like I can say to the person, “hang on, I need to load my capture program”... and please, “can you do that again” just so I can record it to prove what I saw for some troll on the forums :rolleyes:

2. While my system is very good, running any app or background program will still affect (even minutely) a highend system.

This isn’t such a problem if you have 30-100ms Ping because you just wouldn’t notice it.

But when you play with higher ping, you can notice the smallest hiccups in activation lag, which other services, apps or programs can cause, especially anything that is accessing, memory, hard drive or has access to the web.

My system is stream lined for pure gaming. I’ve got nearly every windows service that isn’t essential, disabled and some completely removed. I even turn my security sorfware to silent when playing because it has a very tiny affect on activation lag (which is noticeable). If I could turn off more I would.

Even my network is streamlined and I put a block on devices accessing the network while I’m gaming (annoys my wife if she wants to watch Netflix).

I also run the game with shadows turned off and other settings on medium. I want to eliminate any possible lag or interruption to activating abilities when I need them.

So I know 99.9% of the time it’s not my system when there is activation lag.

I’ve tried 3 programs in the past and all have some affect on performance. Some are fairly good at not causing too many problems. But I’m not going to run one constanly and take a performance hit (no matter how small it is) just to appease trolls. I already play at a disadvantage, I’m certainly not going to add more just to prove to someone who doesn’t believe me.

I don’t owe anyone anything, people can choose to believe me or not. Reasonable people like you will use common sense and decide on the merits of what I report seeing. Others will always doubt and cheats will always attack what I say to deflect attention from the topic and discredit me. If I’m discredited, they can continue to cheat and anything I say will be derailed as the talk of a crazy person.

I know this is a tactic they used to use on Icykill because she used to bring this sort of behaviour to peoples attention. They were always attacking her and saying hacks were impossible or didn’t exist. Which just made her campaign harder to prove that they did. I know she even did a hacking course (she said it was for work lol) and I believe she joined some underground forums to actually get the swtor hacks and learn how they worked. What’s sad is some of the big name players and forum posters were the biggest deniers. People who should know better considering they are “all knowing experts” on what is and isn’t possible in this game. I’ve always wondered if they were hackers, naive or just dumb.

It wasn’t until JeZ** made himself known and became a perpetual pest in Ranked and started spamming his exploits all over the forums, that people reluctantly agreed and then accepted that it was possible. Over night, JeZ** discredited his fellow hackers and deniers in one fowl swoop and vindicated everything Icy had been saying for “years”. We had a massive laugh at the irony. A hacker exposed his fellow hackers for what they were, hypocritical trolls. JeZ** even did a montage for Icy and posted it on the forums (which was quickly removed by the Mods). You can still find it on YouTube.

Now we have this d-sync excuse for everything. (d-sync was never mentioned or used as an “excuse” for 5 years as a reason for hacks or lag. It wasn’t until JeZ** exposes the hackers that they needed a new narrative because they could no longer say “hacks are impossible”.

They now use the following when ever someone posts about hacking.

Saw someone walk through a wall? “It must be d-sync”.

Saw someone flying? “It must be d-sync”

Saw someone sink into the floor and stay there so you can’t hit them? “It must be d-sync”

Saw someone teleport up lvls in HB? “It must be d-sync”

These people use d-sync to explain everything. They either don’t understand how it works, are naive, don’t believe the poster or they are hackers.

I’m not denying d-sync isn’t a problem or that it’s getting worse as the game gets older. But it can’t explain everything and it’s a pretty distinct effect when it happens. And because it’s so prevalent, you get to learn what it looks like, especially if you play 30+ hours a week for 6 years. You’d have to be blind and pretty stupid to not be able to tell d-sync from other weird stuff. Even internet lag causes a different effect to d-sync (if you know how to tell the difference).

But if you were a cheater and knew people see dysnc all the time in Hutt Ball, wouldn’t it be a great place to cheat? They can fly under the radar and anyone who mentions a hack in HB can instantly be discredited because it “must be dysnc”. Even if they aren’t 100% discredited, there is a lingering doubt unless you can provide proof in the form of a recording. And if you can’t provide it, you must be lying or delusional.

But let’s say I could provide proof. If I post it on the forums, I’m the one that gets banned. That plays straight into the cheaters hands because they bait you till you get banned and then have a laugh. I’m not that gullible to do something that dumb.

What happened to JeZ?! I wonder.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short: As long as untargeted high mobility actions exist you'll have those desync problems.

I don't think that's true because then abilities like holotraverse and phantom stride would not cause dsync, and they do.

Hey man, it seems you know quite a lot. So i have a question - why does updating the information take so long even after the roll has been completed? After all, the action has already ended and the client should get the final coordinates back from server? But this can take from 1-2 to several seconds in the worst case... :confused:

Is there a problem with the server and the client i.e. double shame on Bioware? :D

Have you ever done a path ping or trace route to SWTOR?

Sometimes that path has less than ideal timing for the packets to travel back and forth. that latency affects everything.

Have you ever done a path ping or trace route to SWTOR?

Sometimes that path has less than ideal timing for the packets to travel back and forth. that latency affects everything.

Don’t forget the actual packet loss too and errors. I use Ping Plotter on a regular basis to see how the connection is. It helps diagnose where activation lag or other weird latency is coming from.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

He’ll be back after his 3 month ban. That’s usually when one of his multitude of accounts comes off ban. He’s like a season, comes around 4 times a year.

As much as I despise hackers I feel sort of sad for JeZ tbh. I think the guy just wants friends. Poor JeZ. :(

As much as I despise hackers I feel sort of sad for JeZ tbh. I think the guy just wants friends. Poor JeZ. :(

No, he just wants to live in a democracy. He doesn't realize he is going about it the wrong way, all he needs is oil.