Allow different weapon for variety for every class.

Bice

So I have been playing this game since beta and back then and even at the launch it was highly requested to allow classes like the Bounty Hunter to use rifles. Back then they said that because stats were different for each class and the fact that they wanted to prevent a lot of loot competition that they were going to keep it that way.

Well fast forward to today and we all share the same stats and pretty much all secondary stats are useful. If a weapon drops and some one wants it they just take the mods out of it and put it into their current weapon regardless if they can use that weapon or not.

So with that being said I request that we can start using any weapon on any class within reason. I.E Bounty Hunter's can use rifles, agents can use pistols, warriors can use double bladed sabers, assassins can use two sabers.

Because of how well Bio ware has done the animations for each advance class I don't see any one getting confused either about what is what at a glance. Obviously we don't want agents with lightsabers and jedi with blasters but I do suggest allowing all the force users to use any lightsaber and all the non-force users to use any blaster.

I make this request so we can customize our characters more and enjoy being able to play as those characters in the movie. Like Boba Fett.

Edited by Bice
Because people only read the title.

Ranged=Ranged

Melee=Melee

If it clips or causes you discomfort because of the animations, that's your job to fix, not Bioware's. I 100% support this.

That's the thing though. A lot of NPCs use the same animations we do but with different weapons. And it's like all the animations work with the other weapons so it shouldn't even be a problem.

That's the thing though. A lot of NPCs use the same animations we do but with different weapons. And it's like all the animations work with the other weapons so it shouldn't even be a problem.

NPCs don't complain - players do. What I mean is, if an animation for something like a double bladed LS clips through my chest, I don't want players complaining. It's a choice they make that they'll have ZERO right to insist Bioware fix.

I 100% want this - I just don't want people to think they're entitled to have it fixed if there are issues...it's a cosmetic choice they'll be making.

So. my gunslinger is going to throw lightsabers at the target??!!

Let me see now.... people want every class to use any armor, have all cosmetics and hairstyles, and use any weapon. Why have different classes at all then?

Let me sum it up this way - I'd rather play Dirt Rally than Mario Kart. :rolleyes:

Edited by JediQuaker

Let me see now.... people want every class to use any armor, have all cosmetics and hairstyles, and use any weapon. Why have different classes at all then?

Let me sum it up this way - I'd rather play Dirt Rally than Mario Kart. :rolleyes:

Please read my post. I said that all non-force users can use any blaster and all force-users can use any light saber.

To the people not reading the description he states that force users wouldn't use blasters and non force users wouldn't use light sabers. As long as Bioware can expand this since with augments class specific weapons shouldn't matter as much. I would really love for Bioware to read this post and consider it a possibility or at least explain why its not possible.

I confess, I mostly just read the title. Badly worded title + plus overly wordy post = badly written reply. :)

He used paragraphs and it's not too long. Maybe you shouldn't be on forums if you don't want to read. There's YouTube videos you could watch and comment on there for discussion on SWTOR.

To the people not reading the description he states that force users wouldn't use blasters and non force users wouldn't use light sabers. As long as Bioware can expand this since with augments class specific weapons shouldn't matter as much. I would really love for Bioware to read this post and consider it a possibility or at least explain why its not possible.

I read that and understood.

My point is at least two (and probably many more) canon Jedi have used blasters, one at the same time as using a light saber.

Why can't a Jedi use a mainhand saber and an off-hand blaster pistol?

Personally I think that would be cool - they'd probably need to to rework how targeting works though (make it reticule targeting like ESO perhaps), and that would be the hurdle too far I think.

But it should be something that whoever is working on the next gen Star Wars game is considering.

All The Best

Jedi's with blasters ... how uncivilized.

Yeah sure, Han and Finn never used a lightsaber and Obi-Wan, Luke, Kanan and Ezra never used any blaster at all :p

And posing as a pirate on Rishi with a lightsaber is sooooo realistic :D

Now on a more serious note, he did say only blasters for NFU and only lughsabers for FU, that could actually be nice.

Edited by Goreshaga

He used paragraphs and it's not too long. Maybe you shouldn't be on forums if you don't want to read. There's YouTube videos you could watch and comment on there for discussion on SWTOR.

Well, and a good morning to you kind sir. :)

Actually, it's because of the fact that I'm on the forums ((daily) and have to wade through a continuous stream of posts either whining about something or making some sort of silly request/suggestion, that I thought, by reading the title, that this is "just another one of those" posts. My humble apologies, your highness. :D

Count me as a NO as well.

Jedi's with blasters ... how uncivilized.

I'm going to side with you on this one..

Edit: and yes I did read the OP.. No I don't want a sage being able to use a double sided light saber etc.

Edited by Tahana

I'm going to side with you on this one..

Edit: and yes I did read the OP.. No I don't want a sage being able to use a double sided light saber etc.

You wouldn't be forced to lol...you could keep your worthless Sage blade if you want...the only thing this would impact is what other players might like to do, not you at all.

You wouldn't be forced to lol...you could keep your worthless Sage blade if you want...the only thing this would impact is what other players might like to do, not you at all.

I don't want you to be able to either.. Breaks my immersion to see someone launching force blobs and using a 2 sided saber.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.