So what did everyone do with the Traitor?

Aeristash

That's assuming he's dead. You don't see him die. All you get is a letter from mommy dearest saying she "felt him die". Theron is a spy, and a super-hacker, who could have easily sent that letter. Just saying, for all the Theron fans out there, don't count on him being dead-dead until BW says he is.

It doesn't matter. If he's not dead, it's hard to imagine him going back to work for someone who left him for dead. And since branching story is impossible, well...

I saved Theron and forgave him. For context about my character: my main is an Imperial Agent who tends to go for the most pragmatic course available (they're usually hovering around neutral karma). I think most of my characters would also go for that solution, though. From my perspective, leaving Theron to die feels petty and vindictive, and it's kind of, well, dumb. It is abundantly clear that Theron is not actually a 'traitor', and we're given no real evidence to suggest his plan wasn't the best course of action (for all that Zildrog did get switched on in the end).

The only characters I'd really consider it on are some short-sighted very-Dark characters and, oddly enough, any characters who actually did romance Theron (to the point that his seeming betrayal was genuinely affecting and hurtful). But for the latter I'd have a hard time imagining a character who'd actually go through with it rather than throwing him out of the Alliance after the initial rescue.

It probably helps here that I was actually running this as a former spy. 'I'm working as a double agent and had to make some sacrifices to maintain cover' is kind of a bit, well, yeah, I know the drill. Makes sense so far. Granted, I doubt most double agents would be pulling one over the actual head of everything, but the explanation Theron gives works enough that an unilateral death sentence is a bit much. I can't also help but be affected by the fact I'm the PC and practically invulnerable, and so it's hard to feel like Theron screwed me over that much with the crashing trains and so forth.

I took him home and married him .... on two toons so far ---

waiting some to see how the story progresses before I play it on my others --- but either way, he lives ... gonna be honest, I love the character

Edited by Tashia

My Sith Warrior let him die - a mistake i won't ever do again, felt so sorry for the poor dude! My daughter was looking at me playing and said something like " OMG,dad, you're such an a-hole! How could you do such a thing?? " :o:o

Off topic: i also regret killing Broonmark, not going to repeat that again either, even if Hylo yells and screams at me.

You will get two people who aren't too happy with you if you let broomark live. I regret letting the crazy furball live. I only did it because I think i might have a legacy companion bug, so I was making sure that wasn't one of those thing that would get bugged. And you do lose points with Hylo and the other person.

• 1 month later...
I did not kill him on 7 of 8 characters I ran through it. The 8th character, well that wasn't intentional. I was recording his death for purposes of a video I was making and didn't hit escape in enough time. :( At least it wasn't someone who romanced him. And he still got to propose to Lana later.

My Sith Warrior let him die - a mistake i won't ever do again, felt so sorry for the poor dude! My daughter was looking at me playing and said something like " OMG,dad, you're such an a-hole! How could you do such a thing?? " :o:o

Off topic: i also regret killing Broonmark, not going to repeat that again either, even if Hylo yells and screams at me.

My daughter hates that I make any dark side choices. She is so sweet. She will forgive everyone if she played this game. And she would probably never play a Sith. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Kept him alive. Killing him just seems like a "I never liked Theron as a player, so I'm going to leave him to die." more than anything else.

Even the idea that he betrayed you, only works if one kills him right then and there, when they see him again, and not later, when all is said and done and it's obvious he was doing what needed to be done.

Not to mention, if Theron doing what he did was betrayal and worthy of death, then Lana letting Theron get captured in SoR was no different and people should be jumping on the "Kill Lana for betrayal" option, as she betrayed the team the same way there.

I honestly do hate Theron, but none of my characters can leave him there to die. I normally don't have a problem with killing people who cross my characters (Vinn Atrius? Arcann? Senya? Saresh? All dead), but yeah, I couldn't with him.

However, some of my characters will not want to keep him in the Alliance, especially since it's really not going to be doing all that much on its own now.

I am really glad that the devs gave a choice to keep him alive but just part ways with him, rather than just having the extremes of forgive or kill.

I enjoy Theron personally, and it was quite clear from a long ways ago that he wasn't really a traitor. But I don't roleplay myself so...

My main a corrupt jedi was banging spy boy so OFC he got spared... Didn't bring him a ring though, just kept being bang buds.

Almost all my other dark side toons left him behind or told him to leave however. Lights were pretty lenient.

Edited by Kiesu

• 3 weeks later...
All of my characters would let him return, except my two Sith. My Warrior let him live, but refused to allow him back. My Warrior hates traitors but seeing as Theron was still trying to help, he earned his life. But his actions still made him seem unreliable, especially since he failed to stop the Order from destroying the Gravestone and the Eternal Fleet. If I ever get my Inquisitor to this part of the story, he's going to perish then.

Since I've only taken my BH and Agent through the "Traitor" expansion I've yet to see all the outcomes. I had them both romancing Theron, but only had my BH pick Theron as a traitor straight off the bat. It took him awhile to warm up him in the previous expansions after all. But rather than putting a bounty out on him, he tried to convince him to come back peacefully. Well when that didn't go well, then the stakes went up and faith pretty much went out the window. It took a lot of convincing at the end before Pinky decided to let his spy boyfriend stick around.

My Agent had a lot more faith on the other hand. Still had to put a bounty on his head for appearances sake though. ;)

Edited by Venn_Dras

• 3 months later...

I kinda guessed at what Mr. Shan was pulling from the start. I saw that bit on the train and figured that the idiot was running his own undercover op.

What he did actually worked. I'm not entirely convinced he hasn't got some Force talent from his mom, because, to paraphrase Kreia, the Force has a soft spot for complete fools...and boy, can Mr. Shan be a spectacular one. Wanted in-game a chance to tear him a new one, starting with "what in the bantha-loving nine HELLS were you thinking?!" and ending with "Go off the reservation like this again, and you're going to get us all killed!" Maybe a "talk to fist" in there, too.

Kill him? No. My main's the Jedi, and she's not the type. (side note: Would not want to explain killing him to Jace or Satele) Besides, what he did was for the best of intentions, and it worked. It worked by sheer, stupid "the Force loves a fool" luck, but it worked.

Cast him out? No, because I'M not an idiot. Mr. Shan is WAY too much of a wild card. We have a very talented, dedicated, and skilled espionage agent who can pull one over even on Force wielders trained to sniff out deception. Cast him out, and there's a lot of parties who would be interested in his skillset.