20 FPS Locked with windowed fullscreen, 4790k+ 1080ti + Gsync 3440x1440 100 hz

SaerethDL

I'm having the same issue! I played last night in an op at 100 FPS, now I'm capped at 20 FPS. The only thing that I've changed since then was an windows update.

The full screen with V-sync off works but I've been running full screen windowed for a while without issues. It is weird that it random occurred out of nowhere today.

This issue has been happening to me since 2017 since the anniversary windows update.. if I try to use windowed fullscreen mode. Is there any solution besides putting it on fullscreen? specs are 4790k, 1080 ti, 16 gb ram, windows 10 home, Evo ssd. gsync monitor, 3440 x 1440 rez, 100hz. Usually locked at 100 fps, but if I switch maps and sometimes when loading up swtor, I'll be locked at 20fps until a restart of swtor.

Latest nvidia drivers, Latest firmware for video card.

This issue has been happening to me since 2017 since the anniversary windows update.. if I try to use windowed fullscreen mode. Is there any solution besides putting it on fullscreen? specs are 4790k, 1080 ti, 16 gb ram, windows 10 home, Evo ssd. gsync monitor, 3440 x 1440 rez, 100hz. Usually locked at 100 fps, but if I switch maps and sometimes when loading up swtor, I'll be locked at 20fps until a restart of swtor.

Turn off V-Sync. That's inhibiting FPS. I'm running with a 1070 card myself. I turned it off and my FPS jumped up to 200 FPS.

Turn off V-Sync. That's inhibiting FPS. I'm running with a 1070 card myself. I turned it off and my FPS jumped up to 200 FPS.

Literally going on similar specs as OP besides running a slighty worse 1060 6gb card here myself, running with no v-sync (full screen windowed) and getting easily over 150+ fps. So I'm going to assume something's going wrong there.

My setup is very close to the OPs and I get 140-200FPS depending on where I am and what content I’m doing.

5770k @ 4.7ghz +1080 + 16gb Ram + SSD + 3 x 24 1080p monitors.

I have v-sync off and I also turn off shadows completely because it’s jerky (in general) and to laggy in pvp. As far as I’m concerned, the shadow implementation in this game is very poor for a smooth gaming experience.

I can still get 110-140FPS with everything maxed, it’s just not smooth.

It may be the long running GSYNC bug where it will lock to say 24fps - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/957952/geforce-drivers/gsync-full-and-windowed-borderless-low-fps/5/

Edited by OwenBrooks

yeah this is it, and I'm aware of it, I tried contacting nvidia, doing bug reports, and constantly asking when it will be fixed for over a year.. that being said, I gave up. What more can i do?

Edited by SaerethDL

yeah this is it, and I'm aware of it, I tried contacting nvidia, doing bug reports, and constantly asking when it will be fixed for over a year.. that being said, I gave up. What more can i do?

I guess turn gsync off when playing swtor if none of the things like turning off fast boot etc helps.