Outrageous Respec Cost

Dinn

Then spec for PvP. If you are good enough at PvP where the build and truly being competitive really matters, PvEing in a PvP build should be totally feasable. If not, work on your skills first and and worry about competition and being elite once you get better.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anything you say is clearly not worth reading.

Why should I gimp my team by playing in a sub-par build which is designed for utility and freedom of movement, not DPS, which is my role in PvE? No, your arguments are **** and no-one is buying this.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick to the subject of my post. You posited a hypothetical server ruleset whereby people playing on normal servers could have the setup we have now (respecs for a fee after visiting a trainer) and an alternate ruleset where you could only pick tank/healer/dps with no talent trees. In that scenario it doesn't affect you in the slightest - you wouldn't even be on the same server! - but you still wouldn't give people the freedom their looking for

Why not?

My first comment was about thatone

But my second is actually what you said before for promoting dual specc that youre friends do level faster then you as DPS specc thanks to the higher DPS .

While as a healer you dont do as much Dps as them and therefor you level slower.

And therfor you want dual specc

Yup. If I want to do competitive PvE and competitive PvP, there should be no problem.

It's not unreasonable.

I've done competitive PvE at top tier, and there is never enough to do, especially once content is on farm.

There is no reason to make a player pick between the two, and BW knows it.

Entitlement much ?

You still can be competitive what you are complaining about is that it cost you money and that the cost resets once a week

This is exactly why they added an increase in costs and why they should keep it as is. Respec isn't intended to be done after every grouping, it is made for when you made the wrong decision regarding your play style.

Go look for an additional guild member who has either dps or healing and stick to one.

So wrong that it hurts.

Also, permanent skill build choices do not belong in an MMO. This isn't 1998 anymore. If there was no respec option I would not have even thought about getting this game. Hell I'll probably leave because there's no dual spec.

Edited by Ahlin

My first comment was about thatone

But my second is actually what you said before for promoting dual specc that youre friends do level faster then you as DPS specc thanks to the higher DPS .

While as a healer you dont do as much Dps as them and therefor you level slower.

And therfor you want dual specc

Reread my post, take a deep breath, and respond only to what I wrote. I never said any of those things. You take strawman to a whole new place.

Then spec for PvP. If you are good enough at PvP where the build and truly being competitive really matters, PvEing in a PvP build should be totally feasable. If not, work on your skills first and and worry about competition and being elite once you get better.

I'm trying to understand what you are saying here. First you say that pvp builds should be totally feasable in pve. Then you say something about if it is not to work on skills(how does one work on skills). Does this pvp build in pve include nightmare mode stuff?

Dual speccing, which cheap respeccing generally devolves into, encourages extreme builds which are bad for the game as a whole. I went itno more in depth in an earlier post. I am fine with you repseccing but, there should be a cost attached to switiching between optimized builds and roles.

The MAJORITY of classes have a tanking or healing tree.

Dual speccing is not bad for the game if you want people to tank or heal for you....

Penalizing people that are respeccing to fill a required role by having huge respec costs is not "fun". This is a game, right?

Edited by Zakumene

Entitlement much ?

You still can be competitive what you are complaining about is that it cost you money and that the cost resets once a week

You're the entitled one for seeking to limit how other people play.

And no, if I want to do both competitively I'll be switching between two builds several times on many days of the week. Not to mention the hassle of setting up UIs where respeccing is involved.

As always, you have no good points.

And no, if I want to do both competitively I'll be switching between two builds several times on many days of the week. Not to mention the hassle of setting up UIs where respeccing is involved.

And what exactly is the problem here? You're able to do that now. As a hardcore, top guild, pro competitive professional MMO player, game designer, and whatever else I left out, surely those couple credits per day aren't a problem?

And what exactly is the problem here? You're able to do that now. As a hardcore, top guild, pro competitive professional MMO player, game designer, and whatever else I left out, surely those couple credits per day aren't a problem?

Are you slow?

Having to respec every time I want to do that means rejuggling my UI, my keybinds, and wasting time that I could spend playing. It's a disproportionate hassle and you cannot justify it. Well, you probably think you can, but anyone objective about this who isn't biased against DS will see sense and know you're talking crap.

Actually as a Mar I wont need a dual spec.. HOWEVER.. the costs are outrageous even at L43 when I want to try other specs to see if they have matured as I leveled.

Im sorry but 50k hurts even at 43 to the point I'm not even fully trained skill wise as every penny matters.

Im the type of player that likes to spec.. go out and try it.. and then adjust it again to my liking..

that is getting to the point I cannot do it..

after buying the L40 speeder I'm cleaned out and every skill costing 30-40k each now is cleaning me out..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anything you say is clearly not worth reading.

Why should I gimp my team by playing in a sub-par build which is designed for utility and freedom of movement, not DPS, which is my role in PvE? No, your arguments are **** and no-one is buying this.

I can respect how PvP is competitive to what your opponent brings to bear but, the PvE in this game just is not that hard and, frankly, PvP is more of an afterthought here. Throw on the your PvE gear and do the content like the rest of us mortals who are not reliant on optimized builds as a crutch.

The two options are for build swappers to invest in their optimized adavantage or for anyone not swapping between optimized builds to just be outgunned, it's pretty obvious which is better for a more varied game that justifies people playing fun, interesting or powerful builds and not just powerful ones.

Again, no one is saying not to respec, were just saying there should be a meaningful cost to it for the advantage it has over more interesting builds many would like not to become extinct. In the end, you must have noticed that this is not the hardcore, competitve, numbers-driven game that others are.

Edited by Matte_Black

I can respect how PvP is competitive to what your opponent brings to bear but, the PvE in this game just is not that hard and, frankly, PvP is more of an afterthought here. Throw on the your PvE gear and do the content like the rest of us mortals who are not reliant on optimized builds as a crutch.

The two options are for build swappers to invest in their optimized adavantage or for anyone not swapping between optimized builds to just be outgunned, it's pretty obvious which is better for a more varied game that justifies people playing fun, interesting or powerful builds and not just powerful ones.Again, no one is saying not to respec, were just saying there should be a meaningful cost to it for the advantage it has over more interesting builds many would like not to become extinct. In the end, you must have noticed that this is not the hardcore, competitve, numbers-driven game that others are.

The PvE content may not be up to scratch at the moment, but it will be. You're not going to retain the sort of player base to make this profitable (and a LOT of money has been put into this game - they can't afford to cater to obscure attitudes) unless competition is alive and well, which means difficult encounters along the line and room for min-maxing and the hardcore raiders etc.

Fun isn't enough to keep your player base subscribing. You need challenges, difficult content and for it to keep coming. Better gear, better everything. That's a more powerful motivation than "fun" - you may not like it, but it's the truth and any psychologist worth a damn will tell you so. Your version of the game simply doesn't tally with reality.

Actually as a Mar I wont need a dual spec.. HOWEVER.. the costs are outrageous even at L43 when I want to try other specs to see if they have matured as I leveled.

Im sorry but 50k hurts even at 43 to the point I'm not even fully trained skill wise as every penny matters.

Im the type of player that likes to spec.. go out and try it.. and then adjust it again to my liking..

that is getting to the point I cannot do it..

after buying the L40 speeder I'm cleaned out and every skill costing 30-40k each now is cleaning me out..

It's true that many of the costs in this game are seriously out of whack - particularly new abilities.

I have a question about the respec costs resetting each week. I'm aware of the free respec, and I have taken advantage of it. However, I noticed that it still displayed a price for the respec (no credits appeared to have been deducted), and that price was higher than the previous week (which was, again, a free one. I haven't actually paid for any other ones in the past week).

So unless the interface is buggy, which is entirely possible, the costs do NOT seem to be resetting. In fact, they seem to be increasing at the same rate even when taking advantage of the free respec.

Does anyone have any insight? Are the costs supposed to be resetting to 0?

Thanks!

Edited by TrifKaylon

Viability does not = competitive

Unless you want any type of competition removed from the game entirely, this is not an argument.

Yes it does.

You are absolutely competitive in viable gear, and perhaps even skill might come into play.

But that's exactly my point... BioWare isn't designing this for the fringe player (the competitive) they are designing it who are just out to have fun within norma constraints of the game.

They've provided a way for you to min/max your character, yet you don't like the solution because it costs you money. I'll say it again, if you want to play in that fringe scenario, then you're going to pay an extra price for that privilege.

It's working perfectly.

Yes it does.

You are absolutely competitive in viable gear, and perhaps even skill might come into play.

But that's exactly my point... BioWare isn't designing this for the fringe player (the competitive) they are designing it who are just out to have fun within norma constraints of the game.

They've provided a way for you to min/max your character, yet you don't like the solution because it costs you money. I'll say it again, if you want to play in that fringe scenario, then you're going to pay an extra price for that privilege.

It's working perfectly.

Wrong. You haven't even looked at what I've written. My complaint isn't money. It's time, rejuggling keybinds and the UI to play both competitvely. Although the money aspect is still an unfair penalty, but I can deal with it until they implement DS.

And again, no, viability does not allow you to be competitive at top tier level. I'll just take it that you've never played at any respectable level against anyone half-decent.

Are you slow?

Having to respec every time I want to do that means rejuggling my UI, my keybinds, and wasting time that I could spend playing. It's a disproportionate hassle and you cannot justify it. Well, you probably think you can, but anyone objective about this who isn't biased against DS will see sense and know you're talking crap.

You are a fringe case. BioWare built the game for the masses. Yes, you have to jump through hoops the play the way you want to. Them's the breaks. But at least they provided a path for you to do so.

You are a fringe case. BioWare built the game for the masses. Yes, you have to jump through hoops the play the way you want to. Them's the breaks. But at least they provided a path for you to do so.

Back that **** up.

Wrong. You haven't even looked at what I've written. My complaint isn't money. It's time, rejuggling keybinds and the UI to play both competitvely. Although the money aspect is still an unfair penalty, but I can deal with it until they implement DS.

And again, no, viability does not allow you to be competitive at top tier level. I'll just take it that you've never played at any respectable level against anyone half-decent.

Doesn't matter. Money. Time. Whatever. YOU are the one who wants to play outside of the design of the game. BioWare has given YOU a method to do that. But YOU do not like it, so you're here complaining about it.

Most players log on, have fun and don't even think twice about issues you're creating for yourself. It doesn't make sense to address YOUR problems when the majority of otherwise fit the target BioWare is making the game for.

Implementing a system like Talent trees which have a lot of options and potential for experimentation and then penalizing people for doing that experimentation is just bad game design. It was bad in other games that did and it is still bad now.

Those people above me that complain about "sitck to one build" need to get out of that frame of mind the devs have forced onto you. Flexibility is a feature the gamers value and to deny them is bad product development.

Actually, it has nothing to do with them. It is what I want. When I group with a tank or healer for an operation or hardmode, I want them to be a HEALER or TANK. Not some scrub DPS that doesnt know what they are doing and respec just to get a group when they were too lazy to level as a tank or healer.

There should be a reward for playing one of the least popular roles. If you want to be a DPSer then DPS if you want to heal then be a Healer. The problem isnt Bioware, its your entitlment.

Doesn't matter. Money. Time. Whatever. YOU are the one who wants to play outside of the design of the game. BioWare has given YOU a method to do that. But YOU do not like it, so you're here complaining about it.

Most players log on, have fun and don't even think twice about issues you're creating for yourself. It doesn't make sense to address YOUR problems when the majority of otherwise fit the target BioWare is making the game for.

I'm not the minority, bro. DS is going to happen.

For this game to be effective, it's essential.

Stay in your box, but don't claim everyone is happy in there.

That's a bold claim. Have you got any metrics to back that up? Specifically, that the amount of people who'd like a DS type feature is so low as to qualify as 'fringe'.

Most of the people that are playing the game aren't even here ON THE FORUMS, so yes.. it's a fringe case of a fringe case. If you want to play the game at high levels, then you do what is necessary to do so. But don't expect a warm response when that isn't the way that the game was designed and in fact the way most players will play it.

You're out there on a limb, so deal with the consequences. As I've said, at least they've given you the path. It's unbelievably whiny to further complain that it's too inconvenient or costly for you. Ridiculous.