if you want to pvp effectively you need to be rich ? wait what....

KumbayaGOD

looking at dev post for new augment 240 cost 2x mats as the previous 236 meaning with current price of augment in satele shan server cost around 3.5m meaning in order to fully augmented one toons around 49 million credit WUT??

so if taking that price meaning the new augment will cost twice = 98 million credit pertoon?? LOL WUT

yes you cant live without augments but if other are getting it why we cant get it , better gear meaning better stats

i feel that getting augments shouldnt gated like this

thoughts?

My understanding is that new augments will work in MM ops only but that may be a rumor. If they work in all content and pvp that is dumb I agree with the economy of things. And really even in mm ops they are not needed 228s/236s work just fine.

anyways pvp is gonna get expertise soon back again? so 1 step forward 2 steps back as usual.

looking at dev post for new augment 240 cost 2x mats as the previous 236 meaning with current price of augment in satele shan server cost around 3.5m meaning in order to fully augmented one toons around 49 million credit WUT??

so if taking that price meaning the new augment will cost twice = 98 million credit pertoon?? LOL WUT

yes you cant live without augments but if other are getting it why we cant get it , better gear meaning better stats

thoughts?

I agree about the price. But you also have to realise that people under 242 gear can’t use them without it being detrimental to their bolstered stats. So even if they could afford them, they can’t use them. I think the system needs be changed so Augments are not part of the Bolster calculation. Only then will it be fairer for people to have Augments in pvp.

They need to do that first before the price problem. But that doesn’t mean the price isn’t a problem too.

I’ve asked Musco this many times and he said to ask him if the info isn’t in his post. So I’ve done that 3-4 times now and he doesn’t respond.

This is my latest one to him in the “new Augments” thread he started http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=947162&page=3

There are some suggestions in it too

Eric, I’ve asked this question 3-4 times now and you said to ask again if you didn’t provide this info.

Are you going to change Bolster to accomodate these extra stats in REG pvp??

You and I know that they won’t be limited to people only wearing them in Ranked. Which means people in regs with bolstered gear will have an even bigger gear gap than before you increased Bolster last time.

Personally I don’t want you to increase Bolster. But something needs to be done or reg pvp will go back to being about gear gods and new lvl 70 people or Alts won’t want to pvp because that’s not fun.

What I think should happen is you should remove Augments completely from the Bolster calculations so that people with gear below 242 can wear them and it not affect their bolstered gear.

At the moment if you equip any Augments to gear below 242, it degrades your bolstered gear and in most cases (depending on the Augments), you can actually end up with worse stats than if you have none equiped.

If you remove the Augments from the Bolster calculation in pvp, the 248 geared people can still have better gear, but the people trying to get gear who need Bolster can still use Augments and them be detrimental to their bolstered gear.

Can we please have an answer to this as I’ve now asked 3-4 times and you said to ask if it wasn’t answered when you made this thread.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I agree about the price. But you also have to realise that people under 242 gear can’t use them without it being detrimental to their bolstered stats. So even if they could afford them, they can’t use them. I think the system needs be changed so Augments are not part of the Bolster calculation. Only then will it be fairer for people to have Augments in pvp.

They need to do that first before the price problem. But that doesn’t mean the price isn’t a problem too.

I’ve asked Musco this many times and he said to ask him if the info isn’t in his post. So I’ve done that 3-4 times now and he doesn’t respond.

This is my latest one to him in the “new Augments” thread he started http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=947162&page=3

There are some suggestions in it too

he didnt answer you because he dont have any answers , so basically he will just make it roll like that without adjustment meaning imba going to happen , you will see

Depends how much stats they give.. I have 200 mil credits for these augments. I was preparing for them for a while now.

Not happy we have to grind for them again.

i bet it is the similar ratio as last time so +2 for any stats meaning last augment @+2 alacrity, some endurance and maybe 33 power again

so its end up 4+ stats main ( mastery, alacrity, crit) , 66 power and some endurance this is my prediction

thoughts?

Go write it in Eric's new augments thread or in general discussion. Devs are not reading pvp section of the forum

You all need to realize how much difference there is between augments and how that actually translates into damage or healing. In the end it’s like 50 dps gain. It’s extremely small. When it comes to dps you will not see the difference between the augments you can buy now and the new ones. Even the end between augs is a very slight amount.

You don’t need to buy or have the new super augments to be competitive. In the end 50 dps isn’t going to make or break you, making bad pvp decisions will.

You all need to realize how much difference there is between augments and how that actually translates into damage or healing. In the end it’s like 50 dps gain. It’s extremely small. When it comes to dps you will not see the difference between the augments you can buy now and the new ones. Even the end between augs is a very slight amount.

You don’t need to buy or have the new super augments to be competitive. In the end 50 dps isn’t going to make or break you, making bad pvp decisions will.

Finally someone reasonable. Thank you.

Yeah I've only got one character that has any of the Superior augments and that character only has six of them.

With 14 chars at GC 300 and regularly completing the Ranked Dailies/Weeklies on several of them I've got more than enough mats to outfit all my chars but I don't see the point if I still win 90% of my Ranked and Reg matches without them.

This is true for lvl 248 geared people. But not so much for bolstered people who can’t wear any Augments without Bolster crapping itself.

For me it’s not about extra power, it’s about being able to stretch those secondary stats a bit further. ie, when you have bolstered gear, you can’t get alacrity right without it messing crit up badly. Being able to add Augments to bolstered gear would certainly help, but if you try to do that it affects your health, power and other secondary stats.

I’ve no problem major problem with the higher Augments and I figure if you can’t afford the highest ones, you can use the cheaper ones. It would be great if they cost less, no one likes paying too much, but you can still save or craft them if you really want them.

I would just like it if the Augments were taken out of the Bolster calculations.

This is true for lvl 248 geared people. But not so much for bolstered people who can’t wear any Augments without Bolster crapping itself.

For me it’s not about extra power, it’s about being able to stretch those secondary stats a bit further. ie, when you have bolstered gear, you can’t get alacrity right without it messing crit up badly. Being able to add Augments to bolstered gear would certainly help, but if you try to do that it affects your health, power and other secondary stats.

I’ve no problem major problem with the higher Augments and I figure if you can’t afford the highest ones, you can use the cheaper ones. It would be great if they cost less, no one likes paying too much, but you can still save or craft them if you really want them.

I would just like it if the Augments were taken out of the Bolster calculations.

I’m not sure what this has to do with bolster. When you have full augments you don’t get augment bolster because you already have them (the system doesn’t need to give you free stats at that point). The purple augs are still great and the difference is very slight. The point of bolster is to give you up to 242 armor rating, when you have those stats it removes some of the free stats of bolster.Therefore I don’t understand what you mean by bolster is crippling your stats, it literally gives you those stats for free cuz your under the bolster requirement? If your crit suffers, just remove a alacrity aug and give yourself crit?

The OP does not consider one major aspect of the future pricing of these augments. Supply/demand of the Charged Matter Transubstanciator (CMT). The only additional access to CMTs looks like it will come from weekly conquest rewards. I do not expect the large boxes to have any more than 5 or so.

If you consider this, and the fact that some people think the new augments will require 2x the same materials, then you have to know that as soon as the market adjusts to the 2x demand (without 2x more supply) prices will increase drastically.

This goes for both old and new augs, since 95% of their cost is attributed to the CMTs.

Hopefully they will not 2x the CMT. Maybe increase it by 1 or something, and then increase the other mats. This would cause Encypted Memory Cores and all the farmable mats to increase in value but since they are readily accessible, the increase demand will not be met with a supply deficit.

Edited by Wimbleton

I’m not sure what this has to do with bolster. When you have full augments you don’t get augment bolster because you already have them (the system doesn’t need to give you free stats at that point). The purple augs are still great and the difference is very slight. The point of bolster is to give you up to 242 armor rating, when you have those stats it removes some of the free stats of bolster.Therefore I don’t understand what you mean by bolster is crippling your stats, it literally gives you those stats for free cuz your under the bolster requirement? If your crit suffers, just remove a alacrity aug and give yourself crit?

You’d think that’s how it should work and I know you did a bunch of testing last year on which gear bolsters the best. But you also stated you did that testing without Augments.

What I’m trying to say and I guess not explaining it enough is, if you put any Augments onto gear, even if they are the very lowest ones you can get, Bolster actually decreases stats even if your total gear lvl is below the 242 Bolster cap.

I don’t just mean crit or alacrity, it also removes health and power stats. So it’s actually detrimental wearing them.

If they were to remove Augments from the Bolster calculations it would be a much fairer system.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The OP does not consider one major aspect of the future pricing of these augments. Supply/demand of the Charged Matter Transubstanciator (CMT). The only additional access to CMTs looks like it will come from weekly conquest rewards. I do not expect the large boxes to have any more than 5 or so.

If you consider this, and the fact that some people think the new augments will require 2x the same materials, then you have to know that as soon as the market adjusts to the 2x demand (without 2x more supply) prices will increase drastically.

This goes for both old and new augs, since 95% of their cost is attributed to the CMTs.

Hopefully they will not 2x the CMT. Maybe increase it by 1 or something, and then increase the other mats. This would cause Encypted Memory Cores and all the farmable mats to increase in value but since they are readily accessible, the increase demand will not be met with a supply deficit.

Musco said in the Vulk stream that the new ones will require more than what a box will give. So if the box drop has 5, he said it would probably cost 6 so you would need to do two weeks of conquest to make one Augment. LMAO.

That means approximately 26 - 28 weeks to craft 14 Augments using the conquest system to craft them. :rolleyes:

The only way people will be able to get mats is doing ranked or master mode operations. Considering noobs can’t complete master mode operations, but can farm them in ranked, get ready for an even bigger influx of noobs in ranked,

Honestly, at this stage, they should just rename the ranked queue to “arena” because it’s even more meaningless than it was 6 months ago when it was just wintraders and hackers ruining ranked.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Well that's some very heavy speculation and none of it really even matters, if not to further strengthen my point. If they do not introduce the same amount of CMTs into the market as are being pulled out to make new augments, the price of CMTs will go up. This will make the new augments virtually unachievable for all but a handful of players and it will make the old augs much more expensive. That sounds like a very bad experience for everyone besides people like me who have hundreds of CMTs banked or have lots of credits ready to spend big to full suit.

Well that's some very heavy speculation and none of it really even matters, if not to further strengthen my point. If they do not introduce the same amount of CMTs into the market as are being pulled out to make new augments, the price of CMTs will go up. This will make the new augments virtually unachievable for all but a handful of players and it will make the old augs much more expensive. That sounds like a very bad experience for everyone besides people like me who have hundreds of CMTs banked or have lots of credits ready to spend big to full suit.

Yeah, that could be where this is heading. I guess once it lands and people start QQing, Bioware will change it in a further update,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.