So it's either Lana or Arcann?

bluehufsa

I think the Commander has Valkorian residue in his brain. Theron, possibly with Lana's help, has to keep everything a secret from you or else the residue will know. For all we know the Commander was the original traitor because he is sleepwalking under the residue's control and contacting the cult.

Or Vaylin? (and or Arcann if you absorbed him too) :D

Edited by Paulsutherland

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Commander has Valkorian residue in his brain. Theron, possibly with Lana's help, has to keep everything a secret from you or else the residue will know. For all we know the Commander was the original traitor because he is sleepwalking under the residue's control and contacting the cult.

This... would actually be fun. Make it happen!

While I see that as entirely possible... God I hope not. I'm growing weary of all these Emperor/control/mind-voodoo plots.

I can't say I like that idea, but it's the only one that makes sense to me. Who knows, Bioware might have an utterly brilliant solution waiting for us that does justice to both Theron and the Commander. Ok, ok. I'm having trouble saying that with a straight face. :rolleyes:

Personally I hope it's the commander (us) who is at fault, and Theron and Lana have noticed the change, going to great lengths to save us.

Not sure what I'll do if they've both been lying to us.

I'd accept this scenario too. With everything the Commander has been through it would make sense.

The only thing is that I'm pretty sure the devs have already stated that Valkorion/Vitiate is gone. For good. And while it could be believable for some classes of Commander, there are others (such as the Inquisitor and Knight...the Inquisitor especially), who would have stronger wards against control. Hence the issues with a One Size Fits All storyline.

With Theron, it is a possiblity, but I believe BioWare has already blown that theory out with the name of his outfit along with the obvious recording and slipping of info to the Alliance.

Sad to say, but I'm willing to bet 99.9% that it's just a double-agent case where he and Lana didn't involve the Commander. And as already stated, is awful, because that makes the Commander a useless doormat unworthy of being in charge.

But...I am the Eternal Eeyore. :p

Edited by Dracofish

Sad to say, but I'm willing to bet 99.9% that it's just a double-agent case where he and Lana didn't involve the Commander. And as already stated, is awful, because that makes the Commander a useless doormat unworthy of being in charge.

Then why not just tell us what they've found at the start? Why risk another war and giving the snake worshipping lunatics a super weapon?

The only thing is that I'm pretty sure the devs have already stated that Valkorion/Vitiate is gone. For good. And while it could be believable for some classes of Commander, there are others (such as the Inquisitor and Knight...the Inquisitor especially), who would have stronger wards against control. Hence the issues with a One Size Fits All storyline.

With Theron, it is a possiblity, but I believe BioWare has already blown that theory out with the name of his outfit along with the obvious recording and slipping of info to the Alliance.

Doesn't have to be valkorion though. It could simply be that funky holocron that did shifty stuff to us.

And trapped Trenebraes father. Yup, that's the one. For all we know it had a safeguard of some sort and the heralds found a way to exploit it.

How would they acquire it? Wouldn't we have that?

Edit: Never mind .. Lana likely left it in the open again for all to see.

How would they acquire it? Wouldn't we have that?

Edit: Never mind .. Lana likely left it in the open again for all to see.

Lol! I don't think they have the holocron we used, but it could be a conditioning of some sort. We do know nothing of it, but if rumour got out about the holocron (let's say there was a zildrog supporter among the rebels on Zakuul) and the heralds had some sort of knowledge we didn't, then who knows.

Lol! I don't think they have the holocron we used, but it could be a conditioning of some sort. We do know nothing of it, but if rumour got out about the holocron (let's say there was a zildrog supporter among the rebels on Zakuul) and the heralds had some sort of knowledge we didn't, then who knows.

How would this connect to the Gravestone if the ship turns out to be Zildrog?

How would this connect to the Gravestone if the ship turns out to be Zildrog?

No idea. I simply offered it as an alternative to Valkorion. Though I suppose its likely that the dark sanctum could be influencing it somehow. But the commander isn't exactly the person who has most to do with that ship.

No idea. I simply offered it as an alternative to Valkorion. Though I suppose its likely that the dark sanctum could be influencing it somehow. But the commander isn't exactly the person who has most to do with that ship.

Didn't that thing eject itself into space when Lana and Vaylin were fighting near it?

Didn't that thing eject itself into space when Lana and Vaylin were fighting near it?

No. And Charles B did reply to someone on Twitter who asked about the Dark Sanctuary with a response that insinuated we'd learn something new about it eventually.

I still secretly hope we'll find Jadus on Nathema and discover he is the force and orchestrator behind reviving and revamping the Order of Zildrog to do his dirty work. To get his hands on the Emperor's toys and seize the galaxy for himself. Edited by JennyFlynn

I still secretly hope we'll find Jadus on Nathema and discover he is the force and orchestrator behind reviving and revamping the Order of Zildrog to do his dirty work. To get his hands on the Emperor's toys and seize the galaxy for himself.

I'd love to see Jadus back again, he's a favorite, but they'd have to get Alexander Freed back again I think, to do it right. Some fly-by-night cupcake won't be able to do Jadus justice.

I'd love to see Jadus back again, he's a favorite, but they'd have to get Alexander Freed back again I think, to do it right. Some fly-by-night cupcake won't be able to do Jadus justice.

Yeah, you're right about that. Jadus is quite possibly one of the most challenging characters and my faith in the writers is currently nil.

The problem being that nobody knows who Jadus is unless they've played the IA line. I think it would be a hard sell turning a single story plot-point into a One Size Fits All baddie.

I did just want to point out that IMDB lists Joseph Gatt (Scourge's VA) as the voice of Zildrog...but that's from 2011. So I dunno...I just found it interesting. And NO I'm not saying that Scourge is Zildrog. They re-use VA's a lot.

I'm pretty confident this will connect the Gravestone (and Dark Sanctuary) to Zildrog and the Order of Zildrog in some way. No Valkorion. No Jadus. No Malgus. Just...all new post original-content stuff. They've left too many threads hanging from the FE/ET storyline and it all points to 6.0.

The problem being that nobody knows who Jadus is unless they've played the IA line. I think it would be a hard sell turning a single story plot-point into a One Size Fits All baddie.

I did just want to point out that IMDB lists Joseph Gatt (Scourge's VA) as the voice of Zildrog...but that's from 2011. So I dunno...I just found it interesting. And NO I'm not saying that Scourge is Zildrog. They re-use VA's a lot.

I'm pretty confident this will connect the Gravestone (and Dark Sanctuary) to Zildrog and the Order of Zildrog in some way. No Valkorion. No Jadus. No Malgus. Just...all new post original-content stuff. They've left too many threads hanging from the FE/ET storyline and it all points to 6.0.

Hmmm Scourge as one of the Old Gods... I'd roll with that and still romance him. I know, not what you said. ;) And if there's any VA to re-use, Joe's definitely at the top of that list for me. \o/

I'd love something refreshing but I wouldn't mind a reach back to older stories just so long as it's not Keeping up with the Valkorions Season-KILL ME NOW!

I still secretly hope we'll find Jadus on Nathema and discover he is the force and orchestrator behind reviving and revamping the Order of Zildrog to do his dirty work. To get his hands on the Emperor's toys and seize the galaxy for himself.

I read a theory recently that suggested it's Indo Zal that's the one pulling the strings with The Order of Zildrog, due to the description of the perpetrator found in the final codex when you finish all the uprisings.

"Alliance Intelligence has confirmed that a single person or group was behind the recent spate of uprisings. These findings are based on months of comprehensive research--as well as numerous common threads that link the events, including but not limited to:

- Anti-Alliance hatred fueled by manufactured propaganda.

- Funding by several front companies originating in the Outer Rim.

- Connections to various deceased persons of note.

- Transmissions via a unique encrypted algorithm.

- Presence and usage of rare cybernetic implants at each uprising site."

At first glance it sounds like they're describing Theron (cybernetics, connections to deceased persons of note aka Revan and potentially his father, access to funding due to his connections etc) BUT it also describes Indo since he too has cybernetics and access to them, has connections to at least one person of note (Vaylin because he was her party planner) and has access to funding due to his connections. That's not to say that he's necessary the leader (it's probably that Herald of Zildrog's kid that died in the Kotet expansion) but it's possible that he could be the puppet master pulling the strings behind the scenes. There was a bunch more to the theory but it would take ages to type out, I'll try to find the link to it if anyone is interested.

With the description from the intel codex entry, there's no denying that it sounds like it's describing Theron, which I think is exactly why he had to be the one to go undercover, rather than Lana or anyone else, because members of the Alliance would start putting two and two together and assume that he was the guilty party anyway.

Edited by AbilityDrain

I read a theory recently that suggested it's Indo Zal that's the one pulling the strings with The Order of Zildrog, due to the description of the perpetrator found in the final codex when you finish all the uprisings.

"Alliance Intelligence has confirmed that a single person or group was behind the recent spate of uprisings. These findings are based on months of comprehensive research--as well as numerous common threads that link the events, including but not limited to:

At first glance it sounds like they're describing Theron (cybernetics, connections to deceased persons of note aka Revan and potentially his father, access to funding due to his connections etc) BUT it also describes Indo since he too has cybernetics and access to them, has connections to at least one person of note (Vaylin because he was her party planner) and has access to funding due to his connections. That's not to say that he's necessary the leader (it's probably that Herald of Zildrog's kid that died in the Kotet expansion) but it's possible that he could be the puppet master pulling the strings behind the scenes. There was a bunch more to the theory but it would take ages to type out, I'll try to find the link to it if anyone is interested.

With the description from the intel codex entry, there's no denying that it sounds like it's describing Theron, which I think is exactly why he had to be the one to go undercover, rather than Lana or anyone else, because members of the Alliance would start putting two and two together and assume that he was the guilty party anyway.

Yeah, I could buy into the Indo Zal theory...something always seemed...off...with that guy. I dunno, it's hard to describe.

If that is the case, I still hate that they didn't involve the Commander. There could have been sooooo much of an awesome story there. Like manufacturing a falling out...even some giant break-up scene for a romanced Theron.

I hate that I never got to play through any of the uprisings because I don't group. They shouldn't lock important single-player story stuff behind group content.

Edited by Dracofish

Yeah, I could buy into the Indo Zal theory...something always seemed...off...with that guy. I dunno, it's hard to describe.

If that is the case, I still hate that they didn't involve the Commander. There could have been sooooo much of an awesome story there. Like manufacturing a falling out...even some giant break-up scene for a romanced Theron.

I hate that I never got to play through any of the uprisings because I don't group. They shouldn't lock important single-player story stuff behind group content.

I liked the guy but I could totally see him turning out to be the real culprit, after all, he was trained by his sister to rise through the ranks and engage in espionage etc so he knows how to pull strings and cause trouble behind the scenes. Vaylin also killed his sister, so it's possible that he may feel that it's directly/indirectly our fault because if Valkorion had remained alive then his sister (a member of the Scions) wouldn't have been killed.

I don't know how I feel about the Commander not being included in the plans, it depends on what reasoning (if any) we're given.

Edited by AbilityDrain

Indo doesn't have any cybernetics?