Job Listing for new Star Wars Open World Online game. Direct competition to SWTOR.

SaerethDL

From the job description we basically know, its gonna be a star wars game, shared world (online), and open world. Could we now have direct competition to SWTOR?

The Role: Lead Online Engineer

Lead a team to deliver Online features for a Star Wars Open World project.

You will design, architect and implement the Online infrastructure for the project while working with industry-leading central technologies. You will lead a team of Engineers to accomplish the goals for the product as well as be an effective people manager to grow the talent on the team. You will report to the project Technical Director and ensure that the Online systems are meeting the robustness and performance requirements.

• Provide solutions that take into account network latency, de-synchronization of data between networked machines/players, packet compression, cheating and interrupted connections.

Job Listing for new Star Wars Open World Online game.

Edited by SaerethDL

This game already existed. It is called Star Wars Galaxies. SOE ran it into the ground, the way EA is doing to SWTOR.

Intentionally releasing broken updates and making drastic game changes that no one wanted that ruined the gameplay experience. For instance, the nonsense crafting changes for conquest, and the points awarded for objectives completely out of line and making conquest a grind instead of what we contribute to through just playing.

At least now we know the end game.

This game already existed. It is called Star Wars Galaxies. SOE ran it into the ground, the way EA is doing to SWTOR.

Intentionally releasing broken updates and making drastic game changes that no one wanted that ruined the gameplay experience. For instance, the nonsense crafting changes for conquest, and the points awarded for objectives completely out of line and making conquest a grind instead of what we contribute to through just playing.

Bruther I'm a causality of the NGE so I understand.

Why don't they just shut down SWTOR for good instead of delivering broken updates and making game changes no one agrees to? Wouldn't be easier that way?

I realize not everyone who played and enjoyed SWG behaves like this, but there seems to be a disproportionate number of doom n gloom cultists among the SWG fanboys, who apparently have to force themselves to play this game instead of an emu, or better yet weaning themselves off their inordinate love for an IP that its creator pasted together from flash gordon comics.

On the one hand it makes me wish I'd played a game that inspires such fanaticism years after its demise. On the other hand it makes me glad I never played it or I might be right there with these guys. Thankfully, I never have to find out if I also have an obsessive, bitter Teras Kasi master hiding inside me.

Edited by Ardrossan