Roll Back 5.8 or Disable Conquest

PorsaLindahl

I propose a roll back of 5.8 or disabling of the conquest system until this pile of garbage update can be fixed.

Edit: I doubt BW cares much about my household's $30 per month, but that's $30 less than they'll be getting in the future.

~Subs end on 3/25/18 and won't be renewed without a fix to this.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that do not do Conquests, can you enlighten us on whats wrong, If you would please? So we have a further understanding of the issue.

Thank you and take care & Be well....

Take a stroll through this thread, or several of the others. If you don't know what's going on, then you're not reading the dozens of threads already out there.

For those that do not do Conquests, can you enlighten us on whats wrong, If you would please? So we have a further understanding of the issue.

Thank you and take care & Be well....

There are serious bugs in how it awards meeting goals ("Oh look, you killed a minor grunt-droid on CZ-198, we'll award you 5K points each for defeating two major bosses on Ilum", but also "Oh look, you crafted a conquest object, we won't give you any points for it even though there's an objective that says to do it"), bad levels of awards for certain activities, unclear goals, weirdness in the interface, and substantial ninja changes to how Invasion Force ingredients are crafted.

Oh, and yet another alert I'm not going to do on ANY of my characters. None of them wants to snog Arcann. Hmm, perhaps, ... no, not even her.

So nothing much, other than Conquest having been replaced with something almost, but not quite totally unlike Conquest, but still called Conquest, and the new thing doesn't work properly.

Yeah, nothing much at all.

There won't be a rollback. Bioware will handle this in their usual manner:

- 90% of bad feedback will simply be ignored

-10% remaining bad feedback will get answers that are mostly PR lies or do not make any logical sense

- Those few posts that are positive will receive answers along the lines of "thank you" and "you are welcome"

- Emergency patch on Thuesday will fix bugs with Gree Worldbosses, and make sure Biochem has same crafting receipts as other crew skills

- Very, very slowly Bioware wil make their new system look more like their old system, all the while pretending they are listening to us and that those changes are new and exciting and totally original and not just return to what was before.

Edited by Gelious

Another suggestion: hit up their Twitter account if you have Twitter. Airing out dirty laundry in public is sometimes the only way some folks understand.

Then again, it might not matter; however, I would think every little bit helps.

The SWTOR management and devs are immune to criticism on any platform and do what they want even if it loses them sub money.

also another +1 for a Conquest Rollback to pre 5.8 (wth were they thinking with this)?

Edited by Sarova

A rollback is unfair to everybody that has nothing to do with conquest and also to those that have already gone to efforts to earn points legitimately.

Just be patient and wait until Bioware do the usual "we listened to your feedback, here are the changes" which are really the actual values they intended to use all along :p

Don't get me wrong, I think the conquest overhaul they refused to reveal any details about until it was too late is pretty poor as you can see in my other posts. I just think a roll back that affects everybody on all servers is overkill.

Edited by UlaVii

A rollback is unfair to everybody that has nothing to do with conquest and also to those that have already gone to efforts to earn points legitimately.

Just be patient and wait until Bioware do the usual "we listened to your feedback, here are the changes" which are really the actual values they intended to use all along :p

Don't get me wrong, I think the conquest overhaul they refused to reveal any details about until it was too late is pretty poor as you can see in my other posts. I just think a roll back that affects everybody on all servers is overkill.

just dont include the 9k points for killing 5 random mobs as legitimate. :rak_01:

Edited by ThomasStarWars

What rollback are you talking about? Let me try predict a reaction of PR.

"Rollbacks at this stage are not possible. Blah, blah, new infrastructure... Passing info to dev team to investigate..."

In my opinion, this was just a huge time buying update, because now instead of focusing on upcoming content, players already want the old stuff back. Wanna bet 5.9 is going to be delayed? Again.

Edited by Vercundus

Did they ever do a rollback on anything?:rak_02:

Yes, It was 2013 or 2014. They've messed so bad on 'Terror from developers' that no one could get any reward or craft/collect anything. And that wasn't the best part because this was issued on primetime so, if you was in a operation, you could not go ahead in any point. The rollback came 2 hours later and everyone has lost all progress, reward, itens from a couple hours earlier.

This was a official one, there were some ghost rollbacks a few years ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.