Why NO KILL option on Ashara?

Lunafox

This thread brings me comfort.

I've not completed my storyline with her yet, but I already find her completely insufferable and have been trying to find ways to stuff her through a woodchipper feet first.

I spacebar through most of my conversations with her and find myself rolling my eyes a lot while shouting 'Oh, FFS. Sith up, or shut up you big baby!' at my monitor.

Please consider giving us a kill option for her. <3

Took me I believe 7 times with her conversation to finally like her (Yes, I've made that many Inquisitors...I keep rerolling because I like the story!)

She doesn't feel bad at all imo with a LS Inquisitor. Her return doesn't feel bad with a LS Inquisitor either.

I could see how she seems out of place with a DC Inquisitor though. That however, is a problem with lots of companions on all the classes, though Ashara seems to get a more vocal hate going on. :p

Please consider giving us a kill option for her. <3

You will be disappointed, because there will never be a kill option for Ashara and other female companions. Why? There is this new trend called "playersexuality". According to this, even if you're straight, you can ( and must ) have lesbian/ bisexual characters in relationships with the most popular female companions. The alternative is

either being alone, be with Arcann or start a Twilight-ish relationship with Khem Val ( they said is actually happening).

You will be disappointed, because there will never be a kill option for Ashara and other female companions. Why? There is this new trend called "playersexuality". According to this, even if you're straight, you can ( and must ) have lesbian/ bisexual characters in relationships with the most popular female companions. The alternative is

either being alone, be with Arcann or start a Twilight-ish relationship with Khem Val ( they said is actually happening).

Kaylio can die.

Took me I believe 7 times with her conversation to finally like her (Yes, I've made that many Inquisitors...I keep rerolling because I like the story!)

She doesn't feel bad at all imo with a LS Inquisitor. Her return doesn't feel bad with a LS Inquisitor either.

I could see how she seems out of place with a DC Inquisitor though. That however, is a problem with lots of companions on all the classes, though Ashara seems to get a more vocal hate going on. :p

I actually felt really sad about Ashara's return with a SI who got along with her. My first SI saw Ashara as a really good friend once they'd talked enough to reach a common ground and get along. I felt like Ashara *should* have wanted to reach out to her, and should have been really happy to see her, but it was "sigh, I knew you'd eventually find me."

It's one companion where I think the dual approach they took with Vette would have been better (ie, she's happy to see you if you were a friend in the class story but is very angry and disappointed to see you if you were a jerk to her).

TShe doesn't feel bad at all imo with a LS Inquisitor. Her return doesn't feel bad with a LS Inquisitor either.

I actually did her AA only with my Imperious who would probably be more LS than my main JK, and this is that reunion that really made me want to kill her.

I actually felt really sad about Ashara's return with a SI who got along with her. My first SI saw Ashara as a really good friend once they'd talked enough to reach a common ground and get along. I felt like Ashara *should* have wanted to reach out to her, and should have been really happy to see her, but it was "sigh, I knew you'd eventually find me."

It's one companion where I think the dual approach they took with Vette would have been better (ie, she's happy to see you if you were a friend in the class story but is very angry and disappointed to see you if you were a jerk to her).

That was my problem, my Imprius was always nice to Ashara, always suported her and always tried to help her improve as best as she could and find her own ways in life, she was clearly the best mentor she could've had, and yet Ashara sounded like she was so unhappy to see her, and then she started talking like my Imperius was always a douche to her and demanded to be her equal while she never did anything to deserve that and while my Imperius always only considered her as a mentee and always had the ambition for Ashara to become her equal one day, so she never had to demand, just prove that she could be her equal.

I really took a long time considering sending her away before finally deciding that it would not fit my Imperius to behave like that, but that was very distasteful.

My Nox on the other hand would not be mean to her but far less friendly, and he would clearly kill her during that reunion. As it is, i'll just never take that AA on him, and not claim her either, at least i'll not have to see her face and hear her voice ever again, but her freaking AA will just sit there and taunt me forever...

So yeah a different approach depending on how you behaved with her would've been much better.

That was my problem, my Imprius was always nice to Ashara, always suported her and always tried to help her improve as best as she could and find her own ways in life, she was clearly the best mentor she could've had, and yet Ashara sounded like she was so unhappy to see her, and then she started talking like my Imperius was always a douche to her and demanded to be her equal while she never did anything to deserve that and while my Imperius always only considered her as a mentee and always had the ambition for Ashara to become her equal one day, so she never had to demand, just prove that she could be her equal.

I really took a long time considering sending her away before finally deciding that it would not fit my Imperius to behave like that, but that was very distasteful.

So yeah a different approach depending on how you behaved with her would've been much better.

Yeah, that return (along with Andronikos and Vector's) was so poor that it prompted me to see this year's Alliance Alerts as fiction. As far as I'm concerned they just don't exist and all the companions came back a different way.

Taking it within canon, wow, my SI really misjudged her relationship with Ashara. She thought they were friends, she'd done what she could to help Ashara (like telling Zash to stay away from her) and yet Ashara really didn't like her at all. So I'm head canoning it as a bad dream my SI had. She drank too much one night and had wacky dreams that Andronikos didn't know how to turn on the Holonet and Ashara was hiding on Voss. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that return (along with Andronikos and Vector's) was so poor that it prompted me to see this year's Alliance Alerts as fiction. As far as I'm concerned they just don't exist and all the companions came back a different way.

Taking it within canon, wow, my SI really misjudged her relationship with Ashara. She thought they were friends, she'd done what she could to help Ashara (like telling Zash to stay away from her) and yet Ashara really didn't like her at all. So I'm head canoning it as a bad dream my SI had. She drank too much one night and had wacky dreams that Andronikos didn't know how to turn on the Holonet and Ashara was hiding on Voss. :rolleyes:

Your SI didn't misjudge the relationship, the writer who hadn't played the game or read the game's script up to that point misjudged the whole thing, and how all of us would react to it, Nox and Imperious, LS and DS alike.

Vector's was not that bad in itself, but it feels so pointless :(

There is so much missed potential with him, seriously him coming in the Alliance with the Killiks could've been a great addition, he would probably have been more usefull than Kaliyo...

But nope, he didn't play any part in that while the Killiks had valid reason to be willing to join the Alliance.

I consider him dead. In my HC he died during the 5 years my JK spend in carbonite, because that's the only thing that could've made my IA disband her crew (and considering the 3 female comps of the IA are part of the main storyline, i'm quite forced to aknowledge that something happened to this crew), and well it gives her more reasons to definitively turn against the Empire.

As for the SI, as none of their companion appear in KOTFEET (main storyline i mean, i actually pretty much don't care about the AA as once you recruit them they're basically useless anyways), i can always HC that they stayed together, but Ashara is bothering me, as i really don't see what she's doing on that ship in the first place. She doesn't want to be there, yet she comes begging you to take her even if you don't want, she becomes your apprentice yet she doesn't want to become a Sith and will never be a Jedi either, one day she likes you, the next she hates everything about you. You can be very nice to her, yet she will not like you more than she likes someone who will be mean to her.

And i don't see any difference in what would happen if she was never taken onboard, because she brings nothing special to this crew.

Well i have pretty much the same problem with Rusk as i really don't see why he's on the JK's ship, in the end, he's just one soldier with no particular set of skills lost in a crew with a former Child of the Emperor, the former Emperor's Wrath, an excellent astromech and while he can get on everyone's nerves, Doc's still a great doctor (which can always be usefull), but at least Rusk does not get on my nerves everytime he oppens his mouth which is already better than Ashara

Edited by Goreshaga

This is what happens when a company tries to go the "Budget" option. These Reunions were one of the most awaited and hopeful events since the End (Kinda, more or less) of the Zakuul storyline, phase. Players *Reuniting with the Companions they'd spent years fostering relations with, the Companions that put SWTOR #1 in story based Lore games. All the companions reunions have *Attitude even when the past rapport had been happy and even hopeful, *Misplaced Attitude. The Writer through lack of Comp/ Character Bio's or Latent Nuances has really Tarnished what most of the players (Customers)were looking forward to really *Expected, Deserved. :( Edited by MikeCobalt

Your SI didn't misjudge the relationship, the writer who hadn't played the game or read the game's script up to that point misjudged the whole thing, and how all of us would react to it, Nox and Imperious, LS and DS alike.

That's the truth of it. It's painfully obvious that the writer who did those AAs didn't seem to know the characters they were writing, either the PC or the companions, and that they didn't seem to be checked for consistency.

I was taking a character through KOTFE the other day and comparing the original set of AAs to the ones from 2018 is like night and day. Talos was given a mission that really showed off who he is, his dialogue sounded like Talos and his interactions with the SI seemed so genuine and in character. With Blizz they put him back on the planet he was on, doing what he does best, with at least one jawa mentioned in the class story.

The ones from this year? "Sorry. Didn't know you were alive. Or didn't want to come back."

And they promised players who waited would have "meaningful returns." :(

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Vector's was not that bad in itself, but it feels so pointless :(

There is so much missed potential with him, seriously him coming in the Alliance with the Killiks could've been a great addition, he would probably have been more usefull than Kaliyo...

But nope, he didn't play any part in that while the Killiks had valid reason to be willing to join the Alliance.

I consider him dead. In my HC he died during the 5 years my JK spend in carbonite, because that's the only thing that could've made my IA disband her crew (and considering the 3 female comps of the IA are part of the main storyline, i'm quite forced to aknowledge that something happened to this crew), and well it gives her more reasons to definitively turn against the Empire.

As for the SI, as none of their companion appear in KOTFEET (main storyline i mean, i actually pretty much don't care about the AA as once you recruit them they're basically useless anyways), i can always HC that they stayed together, but Ashara is bothering me, as i really don't see what she's doing on that ship in the first place. She doesn't want to be there, yet she comes begging you to take her even if you don't want, she becomes your apprentice yet she doesn't want to become a Sith and will never be a Jedi either, one day she likes you, the next she hates everything about you. You can be very nice to her, yet she will not like you more than she likes someone who will be mean to her.

And i don't see any difference in what would happen if she was never taken onboard, because she brings nothing special to this crew.

Well i have pretty much the same problem with Rusk as i really don't see why he's on the JK's ship, in the end, he's just one soldier with no particular set of skills lost in a crew with a former Child of the Emperor, the former Emperor's Wrath, an excellent astromech and while he can get on everyone's nerves, Doc's still a great doctor (which can always be usefull), but at least Rusk does not get on my nerves everytime he oppens his mouth which is already better than Ashara

I feel like they made a mistake not making Vector the Star Fortress companion for Alderaan. The Kiliks are RIGHT THERE. Why isn't he? Why wouldn't anyone even ASK?

I think Ashara can work for a SI depending on the personality. She's very naive and immature, and she's been sheltered by the Jedi Order her entire life, and if you're playing an Inquisitor who can talk it out with her, it works. My SI ended the story as a good friend. I felt that her purpose in the story was to help my SI talk through what they believed about the Sith Code and the Empire, and it did help me figure out more about who my SI was.

With Rusk I think the Republic army in Hoth was trying desperately to get him off the battlefield because he was killing all his troops, so what better way than to pawn him off on the nice Jedi who would sequester him on a ship. :rolleyes:

Doc was the one that actually did not work at all for my crew. Given the choice, my JK would have asked him to leave her ship and would have refused to work with him on Balmorra.

No truer words honestly. That's about the size of it, right there. I also don't think we're going to see any changes, at least not to the existing material. If anything, maybe a snippet in the future to set things right, but I even doubt that at this point. Still, it was worth it to me to discuss it. :)

Also in 5.10 there will be Two *More *Waifu's

"Malora (is that her name?)

https://imgur.com/3NRdoAk

And Tau

https://imgur.com/4NSz4FC

And Lana ofcourse will be around. I would expect those two new characters to follow suit in the traits SWTOR has established since Zakuul. Acina and Malcom can be dead so they'll both be secondary or maybe Killed off/ not around early and Theron also once a favorite also Dead, not around but certainly just a mannequin in a corner somewhere. SWTOR IS getting a bit *heavy in the "Internet Cliché character category. Now *Everybody at the Top fits into this one direction.

Edited by MikeCobalt

I am not reposting everything but the reason for Ashara and the rest is here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=946108&highlight=writer&page=26

Start from Lunafox's post.

But the most relevant passage from the article is this.

An NPC-player romance arc is always going to be a form of escapism, but I don’t think it has to give players absolutely everything they want. It’s important for me to follow a character’s truth, and really dig into the unique way he or she feels and expresses love.

Oh and here is the terrible reasoning that informed the Arcann decision.

That’s not to say I don’t use tropes when I write romances. I think they’re an excellent starting point—people like them for a reason, after all (enemies-to-lovers is my particular weakness).

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.