Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In-game Currency - too much? not enough? + lotsa UCs

Storm-Cutter

I was sorting through my inventory and counted over 30 types of currency ( not including mats and such)

Is this too much? too little?

screen-shot inventory....

In the early days there were planetary commendations, which became crystals which were abolished ( for simplicity?) - But we still have lots of different 'tokens' for different things.... As well as credits and CCs of course.

Too much? about right? too few?

and >20K UCs? anything I can do with them? - I really don't need the credits.....

Thoughts?

In the early days there were planetary commendations, which became crystals which were abolished ( for simplicity?) - But we still have lots of different 'tokens' for different things.... As well as credits and CCs of course.

Too much? about right? too few?

Thoughts?

Too complicated! I miss the good ol' days when there were commendations, those were simpler times, not as confusing as the avalanche of tokens & currencies we have now.

If a game had nothing but credits, which would be the simplest form of currency with no other currencies, than all purchases in-game would be expressed in a currency that gold sellers would then farm, increasing inflation because the availability of credits would go up due to them.

Splitting purchasing power across several currencies reduces the demand on credits because credits aren't what's used to acquire certain classes of items. This reduced demand keeps down inflation and removes an avenue for gold sellers to inject credits in the game through bot farming.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.