Any chance of ever seeing Theron again?

evasilievna

Did you forget who we are talking about here. It's the Sith Emperor. The guy doesn't even have the capability to love anyone other than himself. He didn't genuinely love Senya. At best she was just a nice divertion of time. In fact he makes it perfectly clear during his last moments just what he really thinks of Senya and his entire family. To quote: "You were nothing but motes of filth until I graced you with my presence." and "A god has no family". In short he feels he is superior to his family and views them with nothing but contempt.

Again, the Emperor is an as*! :mad: Senya deserved better.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the impression that regardless of whether Valss was a member of the Zildrog cult he didn't want to see him get hurt, which is very much in Theron's nature as he'll avoid casualties where possible. I dare say he even liked the kid, crazy cultist or not he seemed kinda naive and easy to manipulate, so he probably would've tried to convince him to leave The Order eventually (if he was indeed part of it). Theron knows the Commander can handle themselves so I don't think he was worried about Valss causing too much damage, his concern was for Valss getting himself needlessly killed against an opponent who is notoriously tough to beat.

That's not to say he doesn't worry about the Commander's safety in general, he wouldn't be on this mission if he didn't care, but Theron knew for well that Valss didn't stand a chance.

In the case of a force-using Commander, maybe...but I still have a hard time swallowing the spoon of any force-blind Outlander going up against one as strong as Valss and walking away without being turned into a steaming pile of goo.

I know it's all personal interpretation, but even though I see Theron as wanting to do things for the greater good, he's also not afraid of getting his hands dirty. That's his job, and he's good at it. If it came down to protecting someone he loves, and the fear of being alone again, I totally wouldn't put it past him to use and abuse someone as he deemed necessary. He's far from innocent.

The way I saw things going down was...he's sleeping with Valss as part of his cover as a means of gaining trust or information or whatever else he needs...we can easily see that Valss has a thing for him...they see the Commander from the shuttle...Valss is so high on his kool-aid and lust for Theron that he sacrifices himself to buy time for the shuttle to escape...Theron tries to stop him because he doesn't want to risk any harm coming to the person he's doing all this to protect...or worse, the Commander may take Valss alive and try to get information out of him, thus blowing Theron's cover.

Either way, Theron didn't seem too broken up about it on the shuttle later when he was recording the conversation with Creepy Mask Guy.

Edited by Dracofish

In the case of a force-using Commander, maybe...but I still have a hard time swallowing the spoon of any force-blind Outlander going up against one as strong as Valss and walking away without being turned into a steaming pile of goo.

My BH defeated the friggin' Sith Emperor and his daughter, so i don't understand why wouldn't she defeat some random force sensitive ( Valss) .

My BH defeated the friggin' Sith Emperor and his daughter, so i don't understand why wouldn't she defeat some random force sensitive ( Valss) .

To be fair, while fighting the Sith emperor both Vaylin and Arcann help you. And he was still winning until you figured out that inside your own mind you can make the rules.

To be fair, while fighting the Sith emperor both Vaylin and Arcann help you. And he was still winning until you figured out that inside your own mind you can make the rules.

Even so Valss presented no challenge to me, just another dude to kill.

I know it's all personal interpretation, but even though I see Theron as wanting to do things for the greater good, he's also not afraid of getting his hands dirty. That's his job, and he's good at it. If it came down to protecting someone he loves, and the fear of being alone again, I totally wouldn't put it past him to use and abuse someone as he deemed necessary. He's far from innocent.

The way I saw things going down was...he's sleeping with Valss as part of his cover as a means of gaining trust or information or whatever else he needs...we can easily see that Valss has a thing for him...they see the Commander from the shuttle...Valss is so high on his kool-aid and lust for Theron that he sacrifices himself to buy time for the shuttle to escape...Theron tries to stop him because he doesn't want to risk any harm coming to the person he's doing all this to protect...or worse, the Commander may take Valss alive and try to get information out of him, thus blowing Theron's cover.

Either way, Theron didn't seem too broken up about it on the shuttle later when he was recording the conversation with Creepy Mask Guy.

Ah, but don't forget the Commander is a special snowflake regardless of whether they're a force user or not, plus we had backup and Theron had no idea whether or not we had any air support of hidden assassins ready to take Valss down, he knows how much backup we have.

I didn't get the impression that Theron had seduced Valss, if anything he seemed kinda disinterested in anything but getting hold of the map, Valss definitely had a thing for him though. To be fair, my Smuggler toon slept with one of the informants during the bounty hunter event recently (f****** the pain away because she's hurt and feeling destructive after Theron's "betrayal") so even if he did bed Valss for info she can't exactly judge LOL.

Valss said in his vision it was his destiny to help Theron accomplish his task by sacrificing himself, so I don't necessarily think it was due to a sense of loyalty to the Order, more likely loyalty to his vision and Theron.

I don't think Theron would voice his feelings to the creepy masked guy anyway, we aren't even sure if Valss was definitely part of The Order or just an external contact that had access to the maps he needed, leading him to charm the siblings and gain their support for his cause.

Regardless, I think one thing we can bank on is that Valss had no idea what Theron's true intentions are because Theron isn't stupid enough to reveal them to anyone that wasn't already part of the plan from the beginning (for example Lana, who I'm convinced is in on it).

Non-force using toons have taken down plenty of force users throughout both their class story arcs and the DLCs/expansions, I don't think Valss was much more powerful than the rest... if anything his sister would've been more of a challenge, did you see the size of that Amazonian woman?!

Even so Valss presented no challenge to me, just another dude to kill.

Plot. Armor. Lulz. :p

Non-force using toons have taken down plenty of force users throughout both their class story arcs and the DLCs/expansions, I don't think Valss was much more powerful than the rest... if anything his sister would've been more of a challenge, did you see the size of that Amazonian woman?!

Game mechanics-wise...sure, why not. But in terms of role play, at least for me, I've always had a hard time swallowing a force blind Commander/Outlander. But that's just me.

Edited by Dracofish

Plot. Armor. Lulz. :p

Game mechanics-wise...sure, why not. But in terms of role play, at least for me, I've always had a hard time swallowing a force blind Commander/Outlander. But that's just me.

I have to wonder if Valkorion left some residual power advantages behind after we booted him out of our head, after all, he was hollowing us out so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little bit of accidental power transfer that occurred (if only in fortitude). Not that the game has given any indication of it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they used that as a way to reason the Commander's snowflakeness when it comes to combat.

Look at BH for example : Kellian Jarro, his padawan, Adeline Marr, Jun Seros & his Green Jedi, Revan ( twice, lulz) not to mention countless Knights of Zakuul, Horizon guards, Imperator Sunfell..

Valss was like a diminished version of Revan, he also switched from melee to ranged combat style very quick but in the end, just like Revan, he was defeated.

By Amazonian woman you mean Syndic Zenta? :D HUNGA-BUNGA !!

I also enjoy the more abstract pieces.

I will create some especially for you when the next Nathema FP comes in May :

" Massacred nutjobs of Zildrog"

" Republic Spy forcefully dragged to PC ship"

" BH wondering where to place the new fugly decorations"

LOL.

Re: Valkorion and his evil-ness:

Forget about whether or not he would kill Senya. We are talking about an evil creature who enslaved the spirits of his dead children in an attempt to destroy us. Senya means nothing to him.

Re: Theron

I am hoping we have some dialogue options about that dreadful new hair-style our Spy Boy is sporting.

I had previously considered that he might be being controlled somehow--particularly that his implants had been hacked. When he was chatting with Creepy Mask Guy, I knew that wasn't the case or else he wouldn't have been able to turn on that transmitter without the cult learning about him having done so, thereby blowing his cover and jeopardizing his life.

Their having Satele captive is an interesting suggestion. Even though Theron probably doesn't care all that much about her, he would still be aware that his mother is a powerful symbol and if she were killed or enslaved by the Order of Zildrog . . .

When THAT particular cutscene played with the Crisis on Umbarra FP, I cried quite a bit. Having just had my first LTR break-up a few months before (at the age of 38), my emotions were still really raw. First time I have ever cried profusely playing this game. Fortunately, my ex and I are still quite close and have maintained our friendship. Now my main (an SI--Nox) needs to get his man back. He spared Jedi because Theron asked him to, which is a pretty big deal for a Dark Lord of the Sith.

The reason Theron couldn't tell us is simple: how many of us would have immediately had him placed under arrest or stunned him and then tied him up?

Re: Theron

Their having Satele captive is an interesting suggestion. Even though Theron probably doesn't care all that much about her, he would still be aware that his mother is a powerful symbol and if she were killed or enslaved by the Order of Zildrog . . .

The reason Theron couldn't tell us is simple: how many of us would have immediately had him placed under arrest or stunned him and then tied him up?

I got the impression that despite having abandonment issues and feeling some resentment towards his mother, ultimately Theron does care about her even if he'd prefer not to. A perfect example of this is when you catch up with him in the Fleet Cantina (if you're Republic) after his flashpoints (prior to the Revan DLC), as you approach him you see him watching a holo of Satele and when you question him about it he says that despite not having a close relationship with her he likes to keep an eye on things to make sure she's doing alright. So, I could absolutely see him doing whatever it took to save her, because that's what Theron is like, he cares deeply even though he has trouble showing it. When all is said and done she's family.

Why would the Commander have him placed under arrest etc if he'd told us he was going undercover? That's counterproductive. Sure, they might try to talk him out of putting himself at risk, but there would be zero reason (or option) to punish him for suggesting a plan that would be beneficial to the Alliance (even if it was a stupid one).

Sure, they might try to talk him out of putting himself at risk, but there would be zero reason (or option) to punish him for suggesting a plan that would be beneficial to the Alliance (even if it was a stupid one).

One of the things he says on the train. That he didn't say anything because the commander would have "talked him down".

One of the things he says on the train. That he didn't say anything because the commander would have "talked him down".

He's completely talking out of his caboose the entire time during that flashpoint. It's all for show because someone is listening in.

I would take everything that is said there with a grain of salt, and I believe that is also what Theron is hoping. He went so out there, so over the top, that it's painfully obvious it's all for show.

I got the impression that despite having abandonment issues and feeling some resentment towards his mother, ultimately Theron does care about her even if he'd prefer not to. A perfect example of this is when you catch up with him in the Fleet Cantina (if you're Republic) after his flashpoints (prior to the Revan DLC), as you approach him you see him watching a holo of Satele and when you question him about it he says that despite not having a close relationship with her he likes to keep an eye on things to make sure she's doing alright. So, I could absolutely see him doing whatever it took to save her, because that's what Theron is like, he cares deeply even though he has trouble showing it. When all is said and done she's family.

Though I absolutely do believe he cares for his mother, I would have a hard time swallowing him going AWOL and putting the Commander's life on the line to save her, especially a romanced Commander who has always been there for him. Would he want to save her *if* she were somehow involved? Yes, I believe so, but I think he'd have gone about things differently.

I honestly think the crazier Theron acts, the greater the stakes...and losing the Commander would be the ultimate stakes.

Edited by Dracofish