Conquest Changes Coming in 5.8

EricMusco

The Compendium sells for 4.25 million credits and 3 Dark Projects each.

-eric

If it was OR I could understand.

People have been doing the math and if it was just the credits it would be roughly even in cost, thus saving a lot of clicky business while some people may be cheaper off and others more expensive.

Then you add 3 dark projects, not sure what the going rate on those is, I think 300-400k each, if they even sell. Because there is already so little use for them and this could be an opportunity to change that. With correct implementation I can see them going up to 1 mil in value, though I can be wrong.

If it was credits or Dark Projects it would give crafters more reason to craft while those that played the market and made billions can flush the credits through the sink, or try to be cheap and buy the dark projects off the crafters that can then buy other things. Economy at work.

Asking both at the same time is just a joke, I know a LOT of people that just don't get to those credits and have no interest in gambling on GTN economics or spend their days mindlessly grinding dailies.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have been doing the math and if it was just the credits it would be roughly even in cost, thus saving a lot of clicky business while some people may be cheaper off and others more expensive.

Then you add 3 dark projects, not sure what the going rate on those is, I think 300-400k each, if they even sell. Because there is already so little use for them and this could be an opportunity to change that. With correct implementation I can see them going up to 1 mil in value, though I can be wrong.

If it was credits or Dark Projects it would give crafters more reason to craft while those that played the market and made billions can flush the credits through the sink, or try to be cheap and buy the dark projects off the crafters that can then buy other things. Economy at work.

Asking both at the same time is just a joke, I know a LOT of people that just don't get to those credits and have no interest in gambling on GTN economics or spend their days mindlessly grinding dailies.

I'd agree, except Crafting Dark projects for yourself isn't that hard. If you do conquest (at least currently) Trade in the blue scrap for Exotic Isotopes (takes 4 exotic Isotopes to make 1 Dark Project). Invastion forces are not hard to craft either. Or use the refined Isotopes that drop from Operation bosses. Not sure if they still drop in any FP's or not, tho I believe they do in Master Mode FP's if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by Toraak

you are very right, when a credit sink goes outside of reasonable levels it ceases to be effective. I dont see many using this one and it not doing much to help lower the credit pool.

you are very right, when a credit sink goes outside of reasonable levels it ceases to be effective. I dont see many using this one and it not doing much to help lower the credit pool.

I can see a lot of people using this credit sink.

1) it saves people a lot of time.

2) the credit cost is cheaper then it currently is by 200-300k.

3) crafting the Dark Projects is easy, so you shouldn't have any credits going out for these. The mats for the Dark Projects can be gotten from Crates, or from personal Conquest goals (blue jawa scrap), or from Operations/Master Mode FP's.

Edited by Toraak

Using only Vendor gifts your number is off. from rank 20-50 it takes 430 purples. So 4.3 mil credits. from 1-20 it takes 326 rank 2 green gifts at 195,600 For a total of 4,495,600 so it'll be a savings of roughly 200k. The big thing with this is you won't have to click on all of those gits. It's about time they put in something like that.

What you've given as a way of raising influence to 50 is plain awful considering the number of credits needed. There are much cheaper ways. I'll leave you to figure them out.

The extra cost is worth the time saved for me.

That's probably the only reasonable point in defense of this madness.

Plus, on toons where I level up multiple companions I spend the money for the legacy unlocks to speed up each gift. That's only once per toon, but still, it's now money I won't have to spend.

Great, so now you won't have to buy the legacy unlock, in return for as low as 2 companions you'll have to spend more money overall. What a deal!

What you've given as a way of raising influence to 50 is plain awful considering the number of credits needed. There are much cheaper ways. I'll leave you to figure them out.

wasting time using rank 1 gifts to rank 40, may be cheaper but not worth the time, or the clicks to do it. Sorry, cheaper doesn't always mean better.

As for using Legendary gifts, I can sell those and make the credits to use for the vendor gits, so the free legendary gifts from crates/heroics is how I pay for my comps influence.

Edited by Toraak

Bioware, What is it with you guys and RNG? Can you not see that RNG ruins games. Haven't you understood YET that most people that are payed subscribers HATE most RNG? And here you are bringing in MORE of the retched thing!!!!

Will you EVER learn before you kill this game?

Bioware, What is it with you guys and RNG? Can you not see that RNG ruins games. Haven't you understood YET that most people that are payed subscribers HATE most RNG? And here you are bringing in MORE of the retched thing!!!!

Will you EVER learn before you kill this game?

RNG is a fundamental part of any RPG.

Think crits.

Think crits.

It's also fundamental in every MMO. WoW has a lot of RNG, as did Shadowbane when it was around. I never saw this much complaining about RNG when I played either MMO, and both had a lot of RNG in them. Seems Swtor just has a different type of personality in it's players then other MMO's

Edited by Toraak

Think crits.

Oh so the Conquest Schedule is going to CRIT? What happens when the Conquest Event that randomly pops up crits?

It's also fundamental in every MMO. WoW has a lot of RNG, as did Shadowbane when it was around. I never saw this much complaining about RNG when I played either MMO, and both had a lot of RNG in them. Seems Swtor just has a different type of personality in it's players then other MMO's

The difference is that none of those MMOs you list applied RNG to a schedule of events that had entire guilds dedicated to that event and asked them to be happy about their lack of ability to plan things for their members to keep them playing the game during long content droughts.

RNG in some areas of an MMO are of course to be expected. RNG in a Conquest Schedule is just Bioware being lazy and not wanting to do the work of making a Conquest schedule and publishing it.

This! Totally. I care not for the hundreds of chairs, junker lights etc that were put down to fill them up. But when a stronghold costs upwards of 10 million to completely unlock, then they should only get credit for having the stronghold COMPLETELY unlocked, all rooms and areas.

This is a point well taken. I think percentage of bonus should be tied to it being unlocked stronghold NOT just buying it without expanding it. However, the fair middle ground here would be to prorate it based on how much of a stronghold is unlocked. Example: I buy a strong hold i instantly get a 10% bonus, then let say if it has 5 expansions 3% for each unlocked expansion....5 x 3%=15% + the original 10% of just buying it = the full 25%.

It's reasonable to me to give some credit for buying the stronghold, but not full credit until all the expansions are unlocked. Also some people use cartel coins to unlock expansions, which i would think that BW would wish to continue to encourage.

This is a point well taken. I think percentage of bonus should be tied to it being unlocked stronghold NOT just buying it without expanding it. However, the fair middle ground here would be to prorate it based on how much of a stronghold is unlocked. Example: I buy a strong hold i instantly get a 10% bonus, then let say if it has 5 expansions 3% for each unlocked expansion....5 x 3%=15% + the original 10% of just buying it = the full 25%.

It's reasonable to me to give some credit for buying the stronghold, but not full credit until all the expansions are unlocked. Also some people use cartel coins to unlock expansions, which i would think that BW would wish to continue to encourage.

Eric already responded, this is exactly what they are doing.

RNG in some areas of an MMO are of course to be expected. RNG in a Conquest Schedule is just Bioware being lazy and not wanting to do the work of making a Conquest schedule and publishing it.

In this case it is more likely it is the simplest fix to the issue of people pre-completing objectives before the Conquest week even begins (which is something that has been clearly happening for some time now and Bioware has obviously looked at it and decided to stop it). For example, right now you could start crafting on 20 alts in a guild and log out Monday. If you wait to log on until after the CQ reset on Tuesday, boom, tons of Conquest point within minutes of the Conquest week starting. It is true this has been "available" to everyone but it goes against the idea of objectives being completed during the conquest week. It essentially starts everyone at zero at the same time. The other option would have been to either autocomplete everything just before the reset or find a way to negate points "earned" before the conquest week began (a lot more coding needed for something like that).

You can still prepare for a crafting conquest week by pre-crafting the assembled components you would use and stockpile them. As far as preparing for the other CQ content, every week has heroics, operations, and PVP. Nothing about this changes a guild's ability to prepare for the content. They know there will be content of that type but not exactly which one. It also makes it harder for guilds to use the "last boss run", which is effectively and exploit, to pad the CQ totals.

In this case it is more likely it is the simplest fix to the issue of people pre-completing objectives before the Conquest week even begins (which is something that has been clearly happening for some time now and Bioware has obviously looked at it and decided to stop it). For example, right now you could start crafting on 20 alts in a guild and log out Monday. If you wait to log on until after the CQ reset on Tuesday, boom, tons of Conquest point within minutes of the Conquest week starting. It is true this has been "available" to everyone but it goes against the idea of objectives being completed during the conquest week. It essentially starts everyone at zero at the same time. The other option would have been to either autocomplete everything just before the reset or find a way to negate points "earned" before the conquest week began (a lot more coding needed for something like that).

You can still prepare for a crafting conquest week by pre-crafting the assembled components you would use and stockpile them. As far as preparing for the other CQ content, every week has heroics, operations, and PVP. Nothing about this changes a guild's ability to prepare for the content. They know there will be content of that type but not exactly which one. It also makes it harder for guilds to use the "last boss run", which is effectively and exploit, to pad the CQ totals.

I agree 100% on this. By having it be random no guild whether big or small will be able to have a massive start at the beginning of a conquest event. This is a good thing since it'll make everyone start at 0 or close to it, since we won't know if it's a crafting week or not ahead of time.

I agree 100% on this. By having it be random no guild whether big or small will be able to have a massive start at the beginning of a conquest event. This is a good thing since it'll make everyone start at 0 or close to it, since we won't know if it's a crafting week or not ahead of time.

Actually, Keith literally said this exact thing. They don't want a guild to have millions of points within 5 minutes of server reset.

Now, it'll take an hour instead :p

If really want to hear people gripe about RNG come over to WORLD OF TANKS than's all the grype about...

Actually, Keith literally said this exact thing. They don't want a guild to have millions of points within 5 minutes of server reset.

Now, it'll take an hour instead :p

And what are they going to do when that is EXACTLY what happens when next there is a crafting week?

Not knowing when the crafting week is does not prevent stockpiling for it.

All The Best

And what are they going to do when that is EXACTLY what happens when next there is a crafting week?

Not knowing when the crafting week is does not prevent stockpiling for it.

All The Best

It does prevent you from gaining points by doing the crafting of invasion forces and war supplies before the event starts, unless you want to leave your toon potentially idle for weeks sitting with tons of precafted CQ point generating items while waiting for a crafting week to show up and not gaining any other CQ points from it. Stockpiling the assembled components was never the issue.

Edited by DWho

Anyone can get them now.

(he speaks about flagship encryptions)

Hi Eric, this is a seriously stupid idea (as well as counting duplicated strongholds and again new augments at this point and a few things more - how in helldo you guys come up with those not at all thought through bs?!) and in all honesty another fail from you guys dumbing down the game to no end.

Where is the reward aspect of this if anybody can get this now very easily? This shoulkd be a competion and not "grind a very minimal amount of conquest points in one week".

(he speaks about flagship encryptions)

Hi Eric, this is a seriously stupid idea (as well as counting duplicated strongholds and again new augments at this point and a few things more - how in helldo you guys come up with those not at all thought through bs?!) and in all honesty another fail from you guys dumbing down the game to no end.

Where is the reward aspect of this if anybody can get this now very easily? This shoulkd be a competion and not "grind a very minimal amount of conquest points in one week".

Hello, Elitist. My guild welcomes the fact that we'll be able to grind through encryptions a bit easier.

Thank you and have a nice day.

It does prevent you from gaining points by doing the crafting of invasion forces and war supplies before the event starts, unless you want to leave your toon potentially idle for weeks sitting with tons of precafted CQ point generating items while waiting for a crafting week to show up and not gaining any other CQ points from it. Stockpiling the assembled components was never the issue.

It doesn't prevent it. It DELAYS it.

Let's break this down using my stuff, and I am NOT a heavy conquest crafter (in that I don't put up millions of points).

I have 83 toons on Star Forge on my main account (from server transfers). I have 66 toons on Star Forge on my secondary account (from server merges).

90% of those are level 70.

Each account has 150% SH bonus

I would guess that I have 25 crafters on each account in the same guild.

50 toons that can craft conquest items.

MOST of those have 8 companions at or above rank 20. Only one or two have multiple companions at rank 50.

At rank 50, each invasion force takes 1 hour to craft. Each War Supply takes 15 minutes.

At rank 1, each invasion force takes 4 hours to craft. Each War Supply takes 1 hour.

I could spend weeks and weeks crafting the assembly components and stacking them in my two legacy banks.

Tuesday morning, when crafting week starts, I could log all 50 of my toons from my two computers and kick off the crafting sessions. It would take probably 2 hours to cycle through them all and at the end of another 5 hour window, they'd all be done. If I prepared to do this multiple times (had THOUSANDS of assembly components ready to go) then I could easily, on the first day, put up a large number of points.

If I were actually interested in doing this for every crafting week I'd want to be in a guild of like minded players doing the same thing. I know I can't be the only one capable of doing this with multiple accounts and dozens of crafters in the same guild.

As I said, this doesn't FIX anything, it merely delays it a few hours.