PVP balance out of control

Gingishan

Yes, i play them. have oper healer and scoundrel dps and i know how easy is my life in pvp even in 230 gear. Scoundrel (in my case) can keep busy 3-4 players and they can not capfor long time just because it have too much mobility/imunity/healing as dps and most of them from roll-dodge-medpack-holotraverse. Healer is fine as it is. Let be honest, sometime i pity those i face on scoundrel, they are jokes if same ilvl or hier (but hier are not that easy to take down tho, unless i have 248 ilvl), u have no problem with any class, not even snipers/mercs/maras.

The whole dps spec it seems evolves around mobility and disruption. Reason we are so good in guarding or not allowing enemy to cap. But i can complain about sniper, mercs mara and those classes lot lot better then us despite our mobility and disruption. And if you ever do ranked you realized that good dps can 100 to 0 in a stun when you breaker is down. So when you say you can survive vs 3 low geared/noobs well i can do that on my merc or mara for that sake. So lets not exaggerate how good we are, yes we good but definitely not top tier for that matter. If you want to nerf someone here you go: mercs, mara, snipers and sorc healers.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole dps spec it seems evolves around mobility and disruption. Reason we are so good in guarding or not allowing enemy to cap. But i can complain about sniper, mercs mara and those classes lot lot better then us despite our mobility and disruption. And if you ever do ranked you realized that good dps can 100 to 0 in a stun when you breaker is down. So when you say you can survive vs 3 low geared/noobs well i can do that on my merc or mara for that sake. So lets not exaggerate how good we are, yes we good but definitely not top tier for that matter. If you want to nerf someone here you go: mercs, mara, snipers and sorc healers.

My point is the sinergy between talents is smetime OP and because of that with good skill u can kite around many players and not die for minutes. And those players are not all bad but average. Yes, is true that in some cases we can be put down for good in 5 sec.

For 5.9 jugs/guardian i sugest Enraged Defense to be 1 minute CD. When activated should remain as a buff until consumed, granting a fair amount of healing (20% of max HP) on damage taken, and to have 10 stacks. Each stack should consume ONLY on damage taken, until all stacks are consumed. Cheers.

PS: Buf those PT survivability, make them mercs counter.

Edited by Gingishan

For 5.9 jugs/guardian i sugest Enraged Defense to be 1 minute CD. When activated should remain as a buff until consumed, granting a fair amount of healing (20% of max HP) on damage taken, and to have 10 stacks. Each stak shoud consume ONLY n damage taken, until al stacks are consumed. Cheers.

I suggest they should heal for 20% of their HP whenever they take damage, without any further limits. Make it a baseline for all specs. 35% healing for tanks. Make this change or Juggs will die, and that would be terrible.

I suggest they should heal for 20% of their HP whenever they take damage, without any further limits. Make it a baseline for all specs. 35% healing for tanks. Make this change or Juggs will die, and that would be terrible.

I sense sarcasm, but i just want to say, I'd nix any self healing for more DR based DCDs, even as a dps.

I sense sarcasm, but i just want to say, I'd nix any self healing for more DR based DCDs, even as a dps.
correcto

healing dcds are often bad (unless they heal for ludicrous amounts like merc kolto) because they do not scale with the number of attackers, unlike dcds that reduce or avoid damage which do scale with the number of attackers

I've thought for a while that maybe making the ED cooldown reduction utility have that effect for only immortal, and for the dps specs be one of the "cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds every time attacked" things for saber ward instead. This would make saber ward a go-to dcd rather than one you feel like you have to sit on for the perfect moment because the cooldown is so absurdly long.

On the other hand, I think the problem is at least partly that mercs, snipers, and maras in particular are probably at least as much too hard to kill as juggernauts are too easy.

Edited by yellow_

correcto

healing dcds are often bad (unless they heal for ludicrous amounts like merc kolto) because they do not scale with the number of attackers, unlike dcds that reduce or avoid damage which do scale with the number of attackers

I've thought for a while that maybe making the ED cooldown reduction utility have that effect for only immortal, and for the dps specs be one of the "cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds every time attacked" things for saber ward instead. This would make saber ward a go-to dcd rather than one you feel like you have to sit on for the perfect moment because the cooldown is so absurdly long.

On the other hand, I think the problem is at least partly that mercs, snipers, and maras in particular are probably at least as much too hard to kill as juggernauts are too easy.

I would agree with your last point as well, see the recommendation i have been making as evidence.

1. This is a bolster problem. He used to work before. Bolster does not equalize the players as before, now you must 242 lvl from the bolster to resist 248 lvl players. Bioware broke the bolster.

2. This is the problem of Bioware. Previously, there were separate zones for players in the group. Not now. Bioware closed it.

3. The balance of classes was before the patch 1.2. Then they still understood what survival means equally. But Bioware could break everything.

4. Previously, in contrast to the damagers, who could be treated independently, were also heals which could also to make adecvate damage. But now, they had enough nonsense to cut damage abilities from healers and not to cut heal abilities from damagers. Bioware could break the balance.

5. No comment.

6. Once upon a time, Bioware was promised to us equal in number of players on warzones and where is it? Obvious is the dullness of Bioware.

7. How many bugs are there that Bioware simply does not want to do. They are stupid or lazy?

8. I confirm this. But this is an obvious visible cheat, and how many such possible ones that we simply can not pay attention to.

correcto

Problem may sound like this: when i play scoundrel vs jug/guardian and they pop healing CD, i step back, restealth, sleep dart them and wait untill the healing buff fade away, then i reopen and finish them of. This is the healing problem, the big issue for jug/guardian. Will be wonderfull if jug/guardian heal by doing dmg, a fair amount, like the old annihilation marauder was doing. Because is unfair to have classes with big healing as dps (merc, oper, etc.) and other classes with very bad design for self healing. So, remove healing from dps classes and leave it to healers only or give them all fair and equal chances. That is called balance. And devs should do it, because we are geting tired, havnt loged to play for a week now, i am steping away little by little and never return. I am only bit curious to see 5.9 then decide. I play games to relax not to become frustrated, i play games to entertein not to become stressed and so on...

1. This is a bolster problem. He used to work before. Bolster does not equalize the players as before, now you must 242 lvl from the bolster to resist 248 lvl players. Bioware broke the bolster.

2. This is the problem of Bioware. Previously, there were separate zones for players in the group. Not now. Bioware closed it.

3. The balance of classes was before the patch 1.2. Then they still understood what survival means equally. But Bioware could break everything.

4. Previously, in contrast to the damagers, who could be treated independently, were also heals which could also to make adecvate damage. But now, they had enough nonsense to cut damage abilities from healers and not to cut heal abilities from damagers. Bioware could break the balance.

5. No comment.

6. Once upon a time, Bioware was promised to us equal in number of players on warzones and where is it? Obvious is the dullness of Bioware.

7. How many bugs are there that Bioware simply does not want to do. They are stupid or lazy?

8. I confirm this. But this is an obvious visible cheat, and how many such possible ones that we simply can not pay attention to.

Very god point, my friend.

Nerfing marauders and do not touching mercs/snipers/opers...man...that is absolutly wrong.:mad:

Its actually right.

Merc, snipers were nerfed before. Oper is not op on any level.

But you seemed very subjective when it comes to operatives based on your posts.

Again let me put if out there, we are really good at certain role which is in WZ to cap and to stop capping but it doesn't mean we OP in overall. On maps where u don't need to cap anything we are average and in ranked we are border line average.

Edited by Cherepk

Its actually right.

Merc, snipers were nerfed before. Oper is not op on any level.

But you seemed very subjective when it comes to operatives based on your posts.

Again let me put if out there, we are really good at certain role which is in WZ to cap and to stop capping but it doesn't mean we OP in overall. On maps where u don't need to cap anything we are average and in ranked we are border line average.

I have nothing against opers if they are healers (since i play one too as alt), dps is problem (and i have one also), too strong sinergy between talents, specially when it comes to keep u busy from caping nodes. That is the problem, they can kite too much with good sustained healing as dps. They need to adjust this, nothing else. Regarding mercs, let be serious, they are more tanky then a tank. Same with snipers, those imunities they have should be removed specially for mellee classes that use leap as the only way to get into close gap and then they are dumies. Waiting 5.9 to see what will be done and choose if i will reroll for a fotm class or just quit it for good, since i do not want to play a class i do not enjoy. The game must be relaxing for me not stresing. In summer wow get new expansion and i play there since launch (2004), so swtor must stand trial to keep it still.

Cheers.

Edited by Gingishan

I am responding to Gingishan very first post. Just wanted to say Yes I LOVE these ideas and its about time someone spoke up about these issues and actually had answers to solve them. Where the hell are the devs in all this? Still Waiting... In the meantime PVP has become more boring because you always know in most cases what the outcome is going to be.

Quote: “I live in the present due to the constraints of the time-space continuum.”

I have nothing against opers if they are healers (since i play one too as alt), dps is problem (and i have one also), too strong sinergy between talents, specially when it comes to keep u busy from caping nodes. That is the problem, they can kite too much with good sustained healing as dps. They need to adjust this, nothing else. Regarding mercs, let be serious, they are more tanky then a tank. Same with snipers, those imunities they have should be removed specially for mellee classes that use leap as the only way to get into close gap and then they are dumies. Waiting 5.9 to see what will be done and choose if i will reroll for a fotm class or just quit it for good, since i do not want to play a class i do not enjoy. The game must be relaxing for me not stresing. In summer wow get new expansion and i play there since launch (2004), so swtor must stand trial to keep it still.

Cheers.

Yes, this new wow expansion probably not going to be better than legion but worse and wow arena PVP is at its last breath. So not sure how wow pvp is better than swotr. I personally fine with current dps operatives and don't feel like they op.

i played wow since vanilla on and off getting glad in mop (my armory can prove that) reason i talked about wow the way i talked.

Edited by Cherepk

I am responding to Gingishan very first post. Just wanted to say Yes I LOVE these ideas and its about time someone spoke up about these issues and actually had answers to solve them. Where the hell are the devs in all this? Still Waiting... In the meantime PVP has become more boring because you always know in most cases what the outcome is going to be.

Quote: “I live in the present due to the constraints of the time-space continuum.”

U made my day, my friend.

PS: I have nothing against anyone, but a game must entertain us, relax us not become a stres and force us to play classes we do not want, just because they are OP. Certain lines must not be crosed.

Yes, this new wow expansion probably not going to be better than legion but worse and wow arena PVP is at its last breath. So not sure how wow pvp is better than swotr. I personally fine with current dps operatives and don't feel like they op.

i played wow since vanilla on and off getting glad in mop (my armory can prove that) reason i talked about wow the way i talked.

Since i play 2000+ paladin i have no problem in wow pvp:P.

Since i play 2000+ paladin i have no problem in wow pvp:P.

I am not sure what is this reference to. I played second season of legion at 2.3 i had no problems either it just arena is almost dead. Being in LFG or waiting for partners for 90 % and then playing 10 % isn't scenario most of us wants to enjoy.

I am not fan of SWOTR balance nor how "often" fixes return and "how" knowledgeable dev about their own game but solo que is awesome tool. You log you que you win or loose and leave.

don't change operative. it is the most balanced in solo ranked. and it is not a brain dead class like sin/ mara where you hit the highlighted ability and preform well or have so much cc immunity and resist almost everything yall need to understand when an operative rolls and its on cd they are so squishy. yall all complain about operatives bbut the real solution is too time your burst against them gg. also our burst isnt the greatest, our survivability isnt the ggreatest, we are in the middle of the pack. like in order to do well you need to know what you are doing.

don't change operative. it is the most balanced in solo ranked. and it is not a brain dead class like sin/ mara where you hit the highlighted ability and preform well or have so much cc immunity and resist almost everything yall need to understand when an operative rolls and its on cd they are so squishy. yall all complain about operatives bbut the real solution is too time your burst against them gg. also our burst isnt the greatest, our survivability isnt the ggreatest, we are in the middle of the pack. like in order to do well you need to know what you are doing.

Try to tell this Gingishan he seems to have strong believe that oper is OP when most don't think so. Just because oper excels in guarding and not allowing to cap nodes, it definitely doesn't make them op.

I am not sure what is this reference to. I played second season of legion at 2.3 i had no problems either it just arena is almost dead. Being in LFG or waiting for partners for 90 % and then playing 10 % isn't scenario most of us wants to enjoy.

I am not fan of SWOTR balance nor how "often" fixes return and "how" knowledgeable dev about their own game but solo que is awesome tool. You log you que you win or loose and leave.

Correct.