Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

Her hanging out and being a force ghost isn't ideal, but I'd take it. For that matter, just getting some more dialog about her that was more sympathetic, more sorrowful, would be an improvement. With everything they did and made us sit through, I'd prefer something better, because the story they chose was just... awful, but something like this would still be nice.

It would be cool though at this point I would rather just purchase Vaylin as a companion as a clone or whatever and head canon my own story.

That was me, though I'm not the one that originally noticed it. She had a picture of a section of Alderaan on the wall of her quarters, and then you can find that exact picture in the area of the cell she grew up in when you go to Nathema. If that was the only view of anything outside my cage that I had for my childhood, I'd have it on my wall, too.

That's beautiful.

Her hanging out and being a force ghost isn't ideal, but I'd take it. For that matter, just getting some more dialog about her that was more sympathetic, more sorrowful, would be an improvement. With everything they did and made us sit through, I'd prefer something better, because the story they chose was just... awful, but something like this would still be nice.

Well a planetary holo of Alderaan next to her holo it is.

Thanks, glad someone but me appreciates the image :rak_04:.

I'm not sure about the force ghost option (not sure they'd be interested in that storyline, but powerful force users - especially darkside alignment- do often seem to hang around), but it is possible we might be able to talk to her family about her. Now that the immediate threat is over.

I know it was mostly implied/alluded to rather than outright stated, but after going through the expansion myself as opposed to watching playthroughs on youtube, I do get the feeling her family are sorrowful over her death.

In meta terms some didn't like the focus being away from their PCs so I think they were avoiding focusing to much on the eternal family interactions by then (which makes me sad :( I like getting to know my allies/antagonists...plus I've spent most of the base game focusing on my PC), plus in story it wouldn't be a surprise that they felt unable to talk to us about it. She'd just killed off one of our friends/allies, we'd just been in a pretty big battle against her (the alliance)...and most importantly we'd just killed her. The alliance is possibly extremely happy about said fact.

It would be cool though at this point I would rather just purchase Vaylin as a companion as a clone or whatever and head canon my own story.

I wondered about that, if people wanted more a CM comp that they could head cannon, or story reference catharsis :rak_02: possibly both :D

I wondered about that, if people wanted more a CM comp that they could head cannon, or story reference catharsis :rak_02: possibly both :D

All things considered, I would have grave misgivings about them telling a story about Vaylin. For that matter, more about Senya and Arcann is going to be a bit dicey going forward, because to me it was so badly handled, even recognizing what they were most likely going for. So I'm torn: At the same time, I think it's an awful story that has been told far too often, with this being one of the worst for forcing me to play along, but I'd also like a continuation to make it better that I just don't trust can be done well.

So, I would take the CM companion in a hot second and call it acceptable. Let her be dead and gone and never touched again in their story and let me tell my own.

All things considered, I would have grave misgivings about them telling a story about Vaylin. For that matter, more about Senya and Arcann is going to be a bit dicey going forward, because to me it was so badly handled, even recognizing what they were most likely going for. So I'm torn: At the same time, I think it's an awful story that has been told far too often, with this being one of the worst for forcing me to play along, but I'd also like a continuation to make it better that I just don't trust can be done well.

So, I would take the CM companion in a hot second and call it acceptable. Let her be dead and gone and never touched again in their story and let me tell my own.

There are parts that don't sit well with me, but I don't get the level of bad you seem to (or more accurately, it was supposed to be bad Valky was a horrible parent - understatement of the age. But none of it was painted as a good thing...him in your head manipulating you/them was meant to be harrowing/threatening. It's the basis of your connection/empathy for his children) :( . Initially I thought it was the bridge to potentially reach out to both Arcann and Vaylin :( Maybe at some point it was...Maybe I misread it, but I can't help but wonder if the rush to the next storylines effected it :(...

Depends on the character. Right now in my head canon-verse my warrior joined the Revanites and it battling the Sith & Republic on Rishi.

Looking the story of the recent expansions again, I think all the characters suffered for various reasons.

Edited by fishpeople

There are parts that don't sit well with me, but I don't get the level of bad you seem to (or more accurately, it was supposed to be bad Valky was a horrible parent - understatement of the age. But none of it was painted as a good thing...him in your head manipulating you/them was meant to be harrowing/threatening. It's the basis of your connection/empathy for his children) :( . Initially I thought it was the bridge to potentially reach out to both Arcann and Vaylin :( Maybe at some point it was...Maybe I misread it, but I can't help but wonder if the rush to the next storylines effected it :(...

Oh, I have no doubt they meant Valkorion to be a horrible parent and all that. I've just seen the "oh the poor tortured character (generally a woman) has to die" about a dozen times too often, and don't appreciate them putting the command phrase (and lines like "Be an Empress, and not a child" and "do your people know of your weakness?") into my character's mouth. It's things like that that leave me not really trusting them to get it right. A story of abuse and torture and mental illness like this needed to be handled with care and caution, and they did not do so in any by the time KotET came out. Which may be because it was rushed, but in that case they should have given us other options rather than force us to abuse her some more. Not to mention Arcann on the dark side path, but there we have a choice.

Edited by gamephil

Oh, I have no doubt they meant Valkorion to be a horrible parent and all that. I've just seen the "oh the poor tortured character (generally a woman) has to die" about a dozen times too often, and don't appreciate them putting the command phrase (and lines like "Be an Empress, and not a child" and "do your people know of your weakness?") into my character's mouth. It's things like that that leave me not really trusting them to get it right. A story of abuse and torture and mental illness like this needed to be handled with care and caution, and they did not do so in any by the time KotET came out. Which may be because it was rushed, but in that case they should have given us other options rather than force us to abuse her some more. Not to mention Arcann on the dark side path, but there we have a choice.

There are frequent opportunities (sometimes not avoidable) to trigger Vaylin and Arcann...I've never seen the darkside option...I'm fairly sure I don't want to. I read somewhere if you have killed Senya and he fights you during the dragon's maw he comes across as gun shy (I had to look that up :(), It's not really a fight -not like when you fought him the first time...Then those bloody camaras come back.... I hate those things. So you get to publicise the humiliation of both siblings and death in Arcann's case...-Sighs- There's so much that I love from the expansions but there's some really dark patches to regardless of how you play (The Nathema sanatorium makes my skin crawl). But I guess thats Star Wars.

But I guess thats Star Wars.

The universe of Star Wars is certainly a dark and horrid place, but I do feel it is at its best when the characters are able to rise above that, or at least try to even if ultimately they fail. That, for the purpose of the Empress (or, if you choose that path, executing a beaten foe on his knees without any kind of legal or moral authority as a rebel faction), is ultimately what I feel they failed to give us. I don't like the basic story form, but I would not be bothering to talk about it today if they had.

But, so it goes. I'm sounding argumentative, and that's not my intent. This thing just stuck in my craw.

Edited by gamephil

The universe of Star Wars is certainly a dark and horrid place, but I do feel it is at its best when the characters are able to rise above that, or at least try to even if ultimately they fail. That, for the purpose of the Empress (or, if you choose that path, executing a beaten foe on his knees without any kind of legal or moral authority as a rebel faction), is ultimately what I feel they failed to give us. I don't like the basic story form, but I would not be bothering to talk about it today if they had.

But, so it goes. I'm sounding argumentative, and that's not my intent. This thing just stuck in my craw.

There's nothing argumentative about discussing with fellow fans :) I'm responsible for at least half (third? Fishpeople can take some of the blame :D) of the debate :). The point of debate isn't necessarily to convince the other party, so much as to exchange ideas/perceptions. I find it interesting :o but if it's depressing you I can drop it? :)

There's nothing argumentative about discussing with fellow fans :) I'm responsible for at least half (third? Fishpeople can take some of the blame :D) of the debate :). The point of debate isn't necessarily to convince the other party, so much as to exchange ideas/perceptions. I find it interesting :o but if it's depressing you I can drop it? :)

Sorry, not sure what I started.

Not depressing, and I don't want anyone to drop it. I just don't want to sound like I'm fighting about this with other fans. It's just that the devs couldn't have done a better job of "story beats that will tick gamephil off" if that was their plan, so discussing the subject will often get me giving them a side eye. And then layered on some other bits that were unique in my experience that made it worse.

So there will be a barrage of funny picture inbound? :D

Hopefully!

Pic

A

Meme

Disclaimer: The intermediary neither desires nor condones trading Lana for Vaylin. But is considerably closer to doing so now after certain in-game events and reactions to them.

Edited by gamephil

Hopefully!

Pic

A

Meme

Disclaimer: The intermediary neither desires nor condones trading Lana for Vaylin. But is considerably closer to doing so now after certain in-game events and reactions to them.

I liked the second one :D (`we'll tell Lana later...`- she's thhhhereeee)

Paul's...issues with Lana are well documented, but is this in reference to anything specific?

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

I liked the second one :D (`we'll tell Lana later...`- she's thhhhereeee)

Paul's...issues with Lana are well documented, but is this in reference to anything specific?

I don't think the memes are anything specific or new, he put them up a while ago.

My comment was a response to the fact that I still mostly like Lana, but there are moments where her dialog tries my patience, and some of the comments about her by the fans try it a bit more, especially since some of them are dismissive of other characters that I am also fond of or sympathetic to. Her unassailable plot armor kind of bugs me, honestly, considering that every other new companion can be dead by the end of KotET.

Mainly, though, it was me trying to make light of things. I have failed this fandom.

Edited by gamephil

I don't think the memes are anything specific or new, he put them up a while ago.

My comment was a response to the fact that I still mostly like Lana, but there are moments where her dialog tries my patience, and some of the comments about her by the fans try it a bit more, especially since some of them are dismissive of other characters that I am also fond of or sympathetic to. Her unassailable plot armor kind of bugs me, honestly, considering that every other new companion can be dead by the end of KotET.

Mainly, though, it was me trying to make light of things. I have failed this fandom.

Nonsense :D:D:D . You are simply dealing with a ,at times, very dense member of said fandom -bows-