Impatient People and Bad Behavior

DarthEnrique

People like you are the reason why other people leave. What a rotten attitude.

I don't scavenge in a GF FP because I don't want to waste people's time and because I show others that courtesy I'd appreciate it to be given to me too, how's that a rotten attitude?

Edited by beattlebilly

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually know that I've ever been kicked from a Flashpoint.

....I admit I would have been frustrated by scavenging in Directive 7; that's a LOT of droids, and a LOT of time.

At the same time, I'm actually curious, or possibly confused. Are players actually TOLD why they're kicked? I thought they just got booted from the instance, no warning, no explanation. But, like I said, I don't think I've been kicked (at least, not while I was online. D/C kicks are something else).

I don't scavenge in a GF FP because I don't want to waste people's time and because I show others that courtesy I'd appreciate it to be given to me too, how's that a rotten attitude?

Just because you decided you don't scavenge doesn't mean that entitles you to demand the same of everyone else.

That's complete and utter bollocks.

I've noticed that since I've started using group finder for flashpoints that I encounter rude people on a daily basis. No such thing as team effort anymore. Groups don't wait for all players to even arrive before starting flashpoint. Most always they take every shortcut available to bypass the mechanics of the game. Not sure if that's cheating or what exactly. I just basically follow the "leader" even if it says I am leader sometimes. I will try to stick it out until end and then I add all rude people to my ignore list. Sadly it's growing. I wonder how many of these players are the same people running multiple characters or has group finder become the cesspool of all the darker elements of mmo's. People will kick you for no valid reason, they will insult your armor, species, hair, outfit, play style, your dps, heals, tanking, whatever, etc. They are just basically a bunch of very angry lonely bullies who abuse others in order to feel good about themselves. Then again one can say this to be true of life. No Utopia so we have to learn how to cope, which is what I do. If all else fails, just leave. Sometimes it's best even if you are locked out of group finder for 15 minutes, etc.

Wishing the OP the best and try not to let it all get to you. On a personal note, I don't think scavenging in a master mode or any flashpoint is best time unless you asked group first. You also have to consider others as well. That's called team work. :) No matter what, I don't appreciate the "Jew" comment. That's just wrong so submit a ticket. Take care.

One more thing I hate is when you roll .. and you win, for me it is normal to pass for next roll to give everyone a chance but no one even does that. Most everyone selects need, even for décorations so you never even have a chance to win one item... other than cxp of course. Devs need to fix that.

Edited by Savyl

Just because you decided you don't scavenge doesn't mean that entitles you to demand the same of everyone else.

Just because you want to scavenge droids in a group instance doesn't entitle you to do so, if the majority of the group feels you are wasting their time, they can and will kick you - and it will be deserved.

Just because you want to scavenge droids in a group instance doesn't entitle you to do so, if the majority of the group feels you are wasting their time, they can and will kick you - and it will be deserved.

Except there was no majority and there was no civil discussion about it. The term "jew" as reason for the kick should tell you right from the start that this is not a person you want to defend...and yet you do.

To reply to some of what people have said about me inconviencing people in group finder. You don’t demand and start out rude to a person and expect them to give you what you want to begin with. Had the person asked nicely that’d be a whole different subject but to just up and start off rude? Nope. Impatience and rushing is no excuse for being rude to someone. Sorry that’s not going to fly here. Usually never had any problems with this before the server merge

Add-on: The Polished mats you get from savagenging MM and VM flashpoint you only get in those particular versions of flashpoints solo/story mode knocks the level down and so you do not get the Polished mats at all.

Edited by DarthEnrique

And what makes you think someone is entitled to waste other people's time? IF it's a group you put together and they knew and accepted that you wanted to scavenge, by all means scavenge. But if you're using GF to do FP, you're not entitled to waste their time like that. And I never said I demanded it, just that I'd appreciate the courtesy being extended to me that I extend to others, and I can't blame others for not wanting to tolerate their time being wasted in such a way.

Except there was no majority and there was no civil discussion about it. The term "jew" as reason for the kick should tell you right from the start that this is not a person you want to defend...and yet you do.

He was asked to stop and proceed with the FP. He continued the behavior that was upsetting the other players. There was a majority decision since the vote went through. Yes, "Jew" was a terrible thing to put in the reason field and that player that did that should be punished, but the context behind the vote was because dude was wasting their time by doing something he already knew was frustrating the other players. Not defending the person that said "Jew", but am defending kicking people that waste others' time in a FP.

He was asked to stop and proceed with the FP. He continued the behavior that was upsetting the other players. There was a majority decision since the vote went through. Yes, "Jew" was a terrible thing to put in the reason field and that player that did that should be punished, but the context behind the vote was because dude was wasting their time by doing something he already knew was frustrating the other players. Not defending the person that said "Jew", but am defending kicking people that waste others' time in a FP.

You can kick with 2, that's not a majority. Ask your math teacher if you don't believe that 2 out of 4 is not a majority.

He was not asked, he was basically shouted at for it and then kicked. A civil question is not too much to ask to begin with and that was not the situation. You seem to be unclear about the meaning and function of words like civil and polite and this is clearly affecting your views in strange ways.

I do not see it as wasting time when people want to scavenge. I do mind people going afk without explanation for example. That is a fair complaint. All they had to do was ask him politely and they didn't.

You haven't got a leg to stand on.

I was not asked to stop, being rude and demanding someone click on the droid is not asking. Stop making excuses for bad behavior.

Yeah there was a majority.. The majority voted yes on the kick. You may not like it, but it would be more courteous to ask at the beginning of the run 'Hey I want to scavenge, you all ok with that?"

You can kick with 2, that's not a majority. Ask your math teacher if you don't believe that 2 out of 4 is not a majority.

He was not asked, he was basically shouted at for it and then kicked. A civil question is not too much to ask to begin with and that was not the situation. You seem to be unclear about the meaning and function of words like civil and polite and this is clearly affecting your views in strange ways.

I do not see it as wasting time when people want to scavenge. I do mind people going afk without explanation for example. That is a fair complaint. All they had to do was ask him politely and they didn't.

You haven't got a leg to stand on.

Erm, since you can't actually vote on yourself, it would be 2 out of 3.

On the same token, a civil question asking if they don't mind waiting for him to scavenge isn't too much to ask either. He wasn't "basically shouted at", he said the guy complained and asked him to click a droid to continue with the FP. I'm quite clear on the meanings of civil and polite, which is why I personally wouldn't scavenge or some other time wasting BS that didn't further the FP in a GF FP. Heck, even before GC people didn't usually like to do the bonus quests, so I don't even do those unless the group asks to do them.

Scavenging takes time, and the group doesn't benefit from it. It is wasting time.

Edited by beattlebilly

Yeah there was a majority.. The majority voted yes on the kick. You may not like it, but it would be more courteous to ask at the beginning of the run 'Hey I want to scavenge, you all ok with that?"

It would equally be courteous to ask at the start that they are ok with a speed run and to please not scavenge.

As I said it doesn't require a majority for the vote kick to work, that has nothing to do with what I like and it still doesn't excuse the bad behaviour that was displayed.

So also you have no leg to stand on here.

Yep.

There was a majority since that's what it takes to kick someone. People get kicked all the time without discussions or reasons.

And what makes you think someone is entitled to waste other people's time? IF it's a group you put together and they knew and accepted that you wanted to scavenge, by all means scavenge. But if you're using GF to do FP, you're not entitled to waste their time like that. And I never said I demanded it, just that I'd appreciate the courtesy being extended to me that I extend to others, and I can't blame others for not wanting to tolerate their time being wasted in such a way.

Yep. Majority rules. There was a special snowflake a while back on Jedi Covenant, another Woe-is-Me Troll, that cried all day in chat and when in FPs insisted on doing everything... main objectives, bonus stuff, conversations, etc even when the other 3 begged them to stop doing that so we could get through and they refused so they get kicked. I had the misfortune of getting this snowflake twice before I /ignored but that was their preferred troll method just like OP's preferred method is to complain about everything.

Even in OP's more detailed transcription it's clear that OP was the problem. It doesn't matter if one said 'stop it' and another said 'let them do it' and the third was quiet. It takes a majority to kick someone so obviously they wanted to get going. Who cares what the reason was, if they put "loser" or "slow moron" or "too slow" as a reason would that have been better?

And, again, without actual proof it's just slandering of others by OP and shouldn't be allowed.

Edited by PetFish

]

Add-on: The Polished mats you get from savagenging MM and VM flashpoint you only get in those particular versions of flashpoints solo/story mode knocks the level down and so you do not get the Polished mats at all.

You can get all the mats you need from crew skill missions. If you feel a need to scavenge droids in Directive 7 however, dont exit the Flashpoint at the end and *then* go back and scavenge anything after defeating the final boss

Not that it excuses people for being douchey when they vote kicked you.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

There was a majority since that's what it takes to kick someone. People get kicked all the time without discussions or reasons.

Two out of four is not a majority of the group. It makes sense that the kick works with 2 votes because stale mates are not useful particularly when a person is disconnected or afk without reason for example. But it doesn't make 2 out of 4 a majority.

Of course, that's just a math issue that is too hard to understand for some.

What really is the issue is that how people use the vote kick and how they react to other people with instant aggression and zero patience.

That's bad behaviour and none of the excuses people throw around here change that fact.

I don't actually know that I've ever been kicked from a Flashpoint.

....I admit I would have been frustrated by scavenging in Directive 7; that's a LOT of droids, and a LOT of time.

At the same time, I'm actually curious, or possibly confused. Are players actually TOLD why they're kicked? I thought they just got booted from the instance, no warning, no explanation. But, like I said, I don't think I've been kicked (at least, not while I was online. D/C kicks are something else).

You don't need to be given a reason but during the Vote Kick, from what I can recall, there is a cateogory you can fill in for the reason. The person who initiated decided to be an ****** and add insult to injury instead of just writing "Scavenging - Wasting Time" or something to that effect.

Yep.

Yep. Majority rules. There was a special snowflake a while back on Jedi Covenant, another Woe-is-Me Troll, that cried all day in chat and when in FPs insisted on doing everything... main objectives, bonus stuff, conversations, etc even when the other 3 begged them to stop doing that so we could get through and they refused so they get kicked. I had the misfortune of getting this snowflake twice before I /ignored but that was their preferred troll method just like OP's preferred method is to complain about everything.

Even in OP's more detailed transcription it's clear that OP was the problem. It doesn't matter if one said 'stop it' and another said 'let them do it' and the third was quiet. It takes a majority to kick someone so obviously they wanted to get going. Who cares what the reason was, if they put "loser" or "slow moron" or "too slow" as a reason would that have been better?

And, again, without actual proof it's just slandering of others by OP and shouldn't be allowed.

Again do you have nothing batter to do but personally attack people on this forum? Nice how people make excuses for rudeness. As is stated the person complained they didn’t ask me to stop they complained. Take this elsewhere. No excuse for rude behavior and it’s people like you who put blame on people like me that are part of the problem.

Two out of four is not a majority of the group. It makes sense that the kick works with 2 votes because stale mates are not useful particularly when a person is disconnected or afk without reason for example. But it doesn't make 2 out of 4 a majority.

You framing it as the "majority of the group" is disingenuous when you know darn well that the context is about the majority of VOTERS, of which the person being voted on does not participate. Literally everyone else here has understood that. But if you must "win" the point that no one is arguing, sure, "2 is not a majority of a 4 person group". Meanwhile, the rest of us are quite clear and agree that the majority of the people VOTING agreed to kick.

What really is the issue is that how people use the vote kick and how they react to other people with instant aggression and zero patience.

That's bad behaviour and none of the excuses people throw around here change that fact.

All 4 people aren't voting in a Vote Kick. The person that is being voted on doesn't get a chance to vote for/against.

Xena, Charles, George and Lucy are in a group. Xena votes to kick out George. Xena, Charles and Lucy are asked to cast their votes. One for, two against, George gets kicked out of the group.

Edited by beattlebilly

You don't need to be given a reason but during the Vote Kick, from what I can recall, there is a cateogory you can fill in for the reason. The person who initiated decided to be an ****** and add insult to injury instead of just writing "Scavenging - Wasting Time" or something to that effect.

Exactly and they weren’t even nice about just complained at me didn’t nicely say they wanted me to stop. Why would I give someone who complained at me and was straight up rude to me what they want?

Add-on: Apparently people are not getting exactly the point the person who kicked me was the one complaining and put the “jew” as a reason to kick. They were not being nice about it.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Again do you have nothing batter to do but personally attack people on this forum? Nice how people make excuses for rudeness. As is stated the person complained they didn’t ask me to stop they complained. Take this elsewhere. No excuse for rude behavior and it’s people like you who put blame on people like me that are part of the problem.

Hey dude, you gonna go after your White Knight for personally attacking me and telling me to die?