My reunion with Andronikos was

blunite

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I think I get it now.. totally class restricted. Guess it won't be happening at all. Sounds like it is no loss anyway.

This saddens me as Andronikus is my fave comp in the game.. would have loved having him with my other classes.

Edited by DragonArt

They probably didn't have the comps incorporated into this story chain. So, rather than have us complain about having to wait further, they decided to simplify it and have them return now. Besides, we all know that

Theron is the main focus of this story line. Even the main character has taken a back seat to him.

They probably didn't have the comps incorporated into this story chain. So, rather than have us complain about having to wait further, they decided to simplify it and have them return now. Besides, we all know that

Theron is the main focus of this story line. Even the main character has taken a back seat to him.

Yes, but how is that fair to have other characters placed at a higher value (Vette/Torian/Kaliyo/Jorgan)? This is them basically saying that the straggling companions don't matter, or aren't important enough to bother with. They over-extended themselves telling us that ALL of our companions matter and that ALL of them would be given story.

I get that it's all about Theron at the moment. I love Theron as a character. My canon Outlander is with him (and Andronikos...in my head and fanfic FTW, lol). But I do have other characters who have been seriously short-changed at not having their LI's returned in a real way.

This was an Alliance Alert. Barely above Pierce's return. I'd almost rather have just used the vending machine and made something up in my head (I did anyways). That would have been more satisfying.

Edited by Dracofish

I did my Smuggler alerts for Corso/Risha the other day, and I realized I hadn't bothered to get Guss Tuno back... so I did that chain.

Getting Blizz back (prerequisite for Guss) was a fairly fun chain... it had some MEAT to it... and, because my Smuggler probably didn't get along well with Risha (Queen Bee Syndrome) suddenly Blizz is a more influential (better friend) companion than Risha is... I mean... depending on how much noodling around you did, Blizz's two (or three, depending) quests plus the Guss running around... that was probably half an hour of content. And here, I mean content in every sense; you have to go places, do things, there's (story appropriate) combat to resolve...

The thing is, neither Guss nor Blizz is a Love Interest, or a primary character in anyone's stories (Corso and Risha are BOTH Love Interests AND story driving characters to the Smuggler story), and honestly... I imagine both characters have some fans, the vast majority of players would probably not put either Blizz or Guss in their Top Five Favourite Companion list.

...but they got 10 times as much attention as Risha or Corso did... or Andronikos (or, maybe only 5 times here; he didn't have to share his chapter, er, I mean Alert).

I'm not saying anything anyone else hasn't already pointed out: These alerts were a whole lot of NOTHING. Couldn't have even stretched this out with some

Dubrillon assassins? I mean, if the planet was bombarded, and the King fled... this is either not a concern (Risha says it isn't) but they're still in hiding? (also, why?)

...using the head from the original quest was a nice nod... but, parking it in a public place with coordinates written across the forehead was kinda obvious... even someone that wasn't hunting them might have decided to check out the coordinates on the gruesome rubber head.

The alert was ill-conceived and didn't even try to give us anything to do.

Similarly, for recruiting Andronikos...

how about some action? Board his pirate ship! Kill his hunter/killer pirate droids... and once you blast down the door to his bridge, you could choose to reunite with this pirate, or recruit him. Don't really see why this needed to be an Inquisitor specific return, either.

My character in question didn't romance Koth, Lana or Theron.

This. My smuggler was able to resume the relationship with Corso without this quest popping up but my inquisitor got this quest after resuming her relationship with Andronikos and she didn't romance anyone in KotFE. She didn't even flirt with anyone in KotFE/KotET.

Edited by Elessara

Similarly, for recruiting Andronikos...

how about some action? Board his pirate ship! Kill his hunter/killer pirate droids... and once you blast down the door to his bridge, you could choose to reunite with this pirate, or recruit him. Don't really see why this needed to be an Inquisitor specific return, either.

I like the sound of that.

The article came out after I had posted. So are you suggesting that i wrote it and therefore could read it before it was posted?

More so, I take it that you have accepted what was written about Star Wars to be 100% true and while it says undecided that it was decided back in 2017 when they cut the budget, I can't see any mention in that article that in 2016 what the budget for the game was and how it was reduced in 2017. Maybe with your research you can find your sources of how much has been spent on the game each year to show it is a budget issue. This time please find an article that is written before my post, I'm sure in the future all sorts of information may become available but its not available at the time of posting.

If the dev team are going to offer very little content, ignore concerns over how little is on offer they shouldn't be surprised when people leave. You can't then blame people on the forums of being unrealistic, it is instead the development team that are being unrealistic on how you can treat customers before they move on.

Regardless of when that article came out in relation to your post, it's not difficult to have come to the same conclusions based on the body of evidence in this game over the last year or two.

• Little or no substantive content. They released 2 minute dialogue for returning companions, a reskinned Civil War WZ, and a raid boss for Iokath in the last year. If we go back a little further, the CXP system was fundamentally a homogenization of the gear system - it combined two separate gear progressions (PvP and PvE) into one, and simplified loot tables. It's the same type of change that was implemented for companions. The common denominator in all of that is that it makes it easier on development by allowing them to use their resources more efficiently. This makes complete sense in the context of having less staff to do the work.

• Outsourced, poor customer service. The forums are replete with examples of this. This takes pressure off BW staff not having to handle this aspect of the game.

• Ineffectual TOS enforcement. Exploiting/hacking is on the rise, the public chat channels have become a cesspool, and known, repeat offenders are still actively violating rules of conduct with no fear of repercussions, which only serves to perpetuate the growing problems. Again, lack of staff is the only plausible explanation for this.

• Long-standing bugs, and new ones, have not been addressed, unless it affects the CM. For example, the long-standing bolster exploit, and more recently, the missing items from the anniversary vendor. Reduced staff would be forced to prioritize bug fixes, and clearly, the priority is anything that impacts the revenue generating CM.

Everything we've been seeing in the game in the past year or two is supported by the assertions made in that Kotaku article. And of course, reduced staff = reduced budget. Obviously no one knows the precise dollar amounts of how much they may have had in their budget in each year of the game, or by how much it has been reduced in each subsequent year, but that's irrelevant. The point still stands, an underwhelming companion reunion should be the least of your worries, and the lack of content is completely outside the control of what few developers remain working on this game. Those decisions are made far above them, and can be traced all the way back to EA.

As for the validity of the article in question, I don't need to verify his sources to see that everything stated in that article has a very loud ring of truth to it based on what we've been experiencing in this game, and what we know of EA and their poisonous track record within the gaming industry over the last 20 years.

Edited by Mournblood

This. My smuggler was able to resume the relationship with Corso without this quest popping up but my inquisitor got this quest after resuming her relationship with Andronikos and she didn't romance anyone in KotFE. She didn't even flirt with anyone in KotFE/KotET.

Yep. My sorcerer stayed loyal, and when after completing the Nikos reunion quest; the same thing popped up. That's what the log un check option is for.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't get the whole "Dubrillion is gone" thing. Like, decimated? Which would be odd and problematic unless between now and Clone Wars someone recreates/rebuilds the entire planet.

Alas, I found the reunion for a Smuggler sub-par--it was closer to High School occasional hangouts reuniting at an alumni thing than a married couple finally seeing each other again. Playing it cool? Possible except, imho, that doesn't fit love-sick-puppy-follows-you-everywhere Corso. "Hey Captain, sup yo?", really? No.

Andronikos' reunion was a little better and made me smile, short as it was but the Smuggler one is abysmal.

I liked the return of Andronikos, there was some passion there. I loved playing my smuggler but the return of Corso just felt so short. I want more story with my companions. Going into this story with my companions and seeing the world with them is what makes me play my BioWare games, recently came back to sub again, this time I am playing through the trooper story. Don't know if I will ever move out of the 1-50 chapters, there is so little time with companions after that. The return of Andronikos was good, and if there would be more interactions between him and the SI it would be just fine but that is probably not the case. There will be a e-mail or something and then that is it.

Oh well, I have made peace with it and will continue to play my 1-50 because that is what makes me happy. If the Theron-romance is good I might make a new char to go through the new content.

Is this quest going to be fixed here in the very near future?

The break up with Theron quest will probably resolve itself when the traitor arc concludes. The real question is whether you'll have to resolve it by breaking up with him before you kill him. ;) Or whether the act of doing him in will suffice. :p

The other bugs ..lord knows when they'll get fixed. Patch 5.7899999945399991?

I never like the original Sith Inquisitor companions so I left Androikos rot in jail...I will get rip all others if they have a fate decision quests for them, and no I'm not dark sided sith LOL I just don't like them all.

I enjoying my new companions from Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne and Legacy HK-51.

The break up with Theron quest will probably resolve itself when the traitor arc concludes. The real question is whether you'll have to resolve it by breaking up with him before you kill him. ;) Or whether the act of doing him in will suffice. :p

The other bugs ..lord knows when they'll get fixed. Patch 5.7899999945399991?

I never romances anyone other than Andron. So I don't see why I should have a breakup quest with anyone. I don't like Theron very much never did. The only one that I really liked is the one that I want to fully get back. So if I didn't romance anyone else than what?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

There is a known issue with the Andronikos, Risha, and Corso return missions released in 5.7. Players who meet certain conditions are granted an additional mission that they cannot complete.

This issue occurs for Players who:

• Had previously romanced one of the returning characters (Andronikos, Risha, or Corso).
  • Romanced Theron after the release of KOTFE.
  • Chose to rekindle their original romance with one of the returning characters in 5.7.

Under these circumstances, the Player receives a mission called “Things Left Unsaid” which they cannot progress. This mission is a default one granted to any player who resumes a romance with a returning companion after having also romanced Theron, Koth, or Lana in KOTFE. Due to present circumstances, the mission cannot be completed with Theron for the time being. We will address this in an upcoming patch, and advise that those affected by the issue simply uncheck/hide the mission in their log for now.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

-eric

Or Koth. Haven't tried with any who romanced Lana yet.

Hey folks,

There is a known issue with the Andronikos, Risha, and Corso return missions released in 5.7. Players who meet certain conditions are granted an additional mission that they cannot complete.

• Had previously romanced one of the returning characters (Andronikos, Risha, or Corso).
  • Chose to rekindle their original romance with one of the returning characters in 5.7.

Under these circumstances, the Player receives a mission called “Things Left Unsaid” which they cannot progress. This mission is a default one granted to any player who resumes a romance with a returning companion after having also romanced Theron, Koth, or Lana in KOTFE. Due to present circumstances, the mission cannot be completed with Theron for the time being. We will address this in an upcoming patch, and advise that those affected by the issue simply uncheck/hide the mission in their log for now.

-eric

Any updates on this? We are coming up on two patches, will this be included in either?

Thank you!!

Hey folks,

-eric

I'd also like to know if this has been fixed yet. 5.7a and 5.7b, which are completely lackluster in anything even worth downloading, have no mentions. You'd think a quest line bugged that prevents you from completing it would be fairly high priority.

I just completed the reunion with Andronikos on a romanced SI and got the quest 'things left unsaid'. I know for a fact I never romanced anyone else, not even flirted with anyone else so I shouldn't even get the quest. I have a marker for the quarters to complete the quest but obviously nothing is there. Not sure if this is a known bug or not. Edited by serenitty

The things left unsaid quest connected with that alliance alert is broken currently and a known issue to my knowledge.

It's also apparently hard to fix, since we've had plenty of time to push a fix for an easy one. I created an assassin specifically to reromance Andronikos. She touched nobody except him, she has the breakup mission, and I'm a little annoyed. Maybe 5.8 will have something...

And yes, the reunion was a little disappointing in its shortness. I had deliberately avoided reading about it beforehand. Sigh.