In a few months, we'll all be playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2......

alaizon

Diablo is not an mmo... and gw2 well... its not an mmo either. So... What exactly are you trying to say?

By the way... dont speak on my behalf cause starwars has done something I trully appreciate: NO ELVES.

And you're saying that SWTOR is an MMO?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, EA and BW are not in this for the long term. My view is that SWTOR was released to mitigate the loss of the $300m or whatever was pumped into the project, before other new MMOs take over as FOTM.

The MMO industry is a short term thing now. WoW lasted 7 years because it had a head start. Now, the release of MMO after MMO in waves means there will not be a juggernaut like WoW "to rule them all" for 7 years ever again. (in any case, most of the playerbase in WoW is botting anyways)

There is no need to wait 6 months to measure the success of SWTOR. By that time there will be Diablo 3 and GW2, and the same debate will start for those games.

Such is the state of the MMO industry.

You might be playing D3 or GW2 or go back to WoW Panda roll..

I will be here and enjoy the game it self. I have had no issues really to mention I enjoy the characters and the story - I am not max level and considering to start to level another character with a friend from the start that way that we do all quests and gather social and stuff not rush the game through.

Guild Wars is thriving still. And I don't care what anyone says, Guild Wars PVP is insane and is probably the most competitive form of PVP currently out on the market.

And ppl still play warcraft 2 and I still play SimCity2000...

Whats your point?

Btw... the best pvp on the market still is Dark Age of Camelot.

its fun to see how the ppl who say that its enjoing alot the game will be heavily slapped in the face when they ding to 50, the strong part of a mmorpg cant be the leveling and then having a bad and poor end-game content, that fits more for a single player game Edited by Stormag

Let me check the box...

Yes... "massive multiplayer online role playing game that requires an internet connection and a payed subscription yadda yadda"... yep... that seems pretty much like an mmo to me.

You can put anything you want on a box, doesn't make it true.

Let me check the box...

Yes... "massive multiplayer online role playing game that requires an internet connection and a payed subscription yadda yadda"... yep... that seems pretty much like an mmo to me.

Also, everything you said about an MMO being an MMO is what Guild Wars 2 is, besides having a subscription. Not all MMOs need to have a sub to be considered one, it's just the standard for these days, and sadly it's an unnecessary one as developers don't even need the $15 a month to keep servers running and to keep content pumping.

Edited by IndoJabijin

IMHO, EA and BW are not in this for the long term. My view is that SWTOR was released to mitigate the loss of the $300m or whatever was pumped into the project, before other new MMOs take over as FOTM.

The MMO industry is a short term thing now. WoW lasted 7 years because it had a head start. Now, the release of MMO after MMO in waves means there will not be a juggernaut like WoW "to rule them all" for 7 years ever again. (in any case, most of the playerbase in WoW is botting anyways)

There is no need to wait 6 months to measure the success of SWTOR. By that time there will be Diablo 3 and GW2, and the same debate will start for those games.

First it was around half your 300 million. Not sure what you mean by wow having a headstart since wow was not even close to the first major MMO. need I remind you of EQ, UO, AC, DAOC. If you meant that wow had a fan base from their other warcraft games well SWTRO does from both the Kotor series and the movies books and animation series.

Will buy Diablo 3.

GW2, hell no...

I don't want to play japanese-looking MMO's. And only one faction? You mean I HAVE TO be a good guy in GW2? Yeah, no thx...

I think I'll stick to SWTOR, thank you.

FOR ****S SAKE PEOPLE! Stop using different fonts/colours just because it makes you feel special.

I don't remember any elves in Diablo.

Also, with the way instancing is going in SWTOR, this isn't an MMO either. Most F2P MMOs are the only true MMOs without instancing anymore.

My friend and I, who quest together on all our characters, were just discussing how the game felt less like the MMOs we played together, and more like a single player game with co-op.

When I mentioned D3 looking neater and neater, we both realized we're pretty much co-op questing and looting already. Yes, there's a difference between that and an MMO.

My friend and I, who quest together on all our characters, were just discussing how the game felt less like the MMOs we played together, and more like a single player game with co-op.

When I mentioned D3 looking neater and neater, we both realized we're pretty much co-op questing and looting already. Yes, there's a difference between that and an MMO.

The game (SWTOR) is an MMORPG. It's just that Bioware fell short in making the game social able and user friendly.

its fun to see how the ppl who say that its enjoing alot the game will be heavily slapped in the face when they ding to 50, the strong part of a mmorpg cant be the leveling and then having a bad and poor end-game content, that fits more for a single player game

actually it can be. Many people play MMO's not for the "endgame." Second most MMO's launch with a poor endgame as it is more important to make sure people enjoy the early game so they stick around long enough to get to the 'end game" One of the major features touted for this game was the fact that with all the different stories and ls/ds decisions compaion quests and such that game has great repeatability when compared to vast majority of MMO's. As the devs have stated each story line should last a person 200 hours with just 8 classes thats 1600 hours of playing not counting pvp, and other activities.

Edited by Baaddare

I won't be playing GW2 since PVP is not my cup of tea. I might be playing D3, since I liked the previous installments in the series. However, I will also be playing SWTOR and I still have my WOW account active, even though I only play occasionally.

I don't get the whole "this game is best, all other sux!" -thing. You can have several good ones out at any one time and even play many or all of them. And if you don't find some particular game enjoyable, why waste time raving about it on the forums? Just uninstall and move on.

Diablo is not an mmo... and gw2 well... its not an mmo either. So... What exactly are you trying to say?

By the way... dont speak on my behalf cause starwars has done something I trully appreciate: NO ELVES.

SWTOR is not a MMO either...

TBH, it feels like Guild Wars - there are player hubs, but outside of them there is nothing. I rarely see any other people in the area I am in... For example, over 2 days on Belsavis I seen whole, let me count, 4 people passing by.

Edited by Gaidax

AAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

GUILD WARS 2 BABY!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

GOOOOODBYEEEEEE SWTORRR BUG/FPS HOGGER :eek:

True....

I wasn't even into the Diablo series at all but I have to say the game looks extremely tight. GW2 I've followed super closely for the last year and I think we are all mostly going to be very happy if pvp and a lack of grind is a good thing to you.

Personally i'm done with this whole gear grind mmo model. Give me equal gear from day 1 like GW2 is doing. Let's just pvp and have fun like League of Legends does. This PVe/PVP gear grind business is just stail and boring.

why people state their personal opinion as a fact or with a certain that what they say will happen.

flash news:

D3 is farrrr away from MMO

and GW2 well it might be good but it isnt' in the same IP/World/Story etc etc from SWTOR

stop making yourself look stupid stating your personal opinions for facts ..

ps. I will play SWTOR till EA/BW destroy it, THIS is a FACT for me tho

ps1. SWTOR is in totally different world/IP, and guess what some of us got bored of the Elf,Orc,Dwarf,Human races. THIS is OPINION

ps2. SWTOR brings fresh air to MMO Genre, THIS IS FACT

ps3. if you like d3/gw2 more that swtor you are free to play them, why u tell us how to spend OUR money ?