Legacy bank Credit Desposit Question

polkadragon

Surely you can wait until tomorrow to find out the answer.

Currently... the individual credit cap is a little over 4.29Billon credits. Maybe they increase this for the Legacy (probably will), but even if they do not.... I don't see the problem. Those of us that have bumped up against the 4.29 limit simply spread the credits across multiple characters. There is certainly no burden in doing so... and some actual risk mitigation in doing so (ie: in case a character, or in this case the legacy wallet, are not a single point of failure due to a bug or something).

Edited by Andryah

Surely you can wait until tomorrow to find out the answer.

Currently... the individual credit cap is a little over 4.29Billon credits. Maybe they increase this for the Legacy (probably will), but even if they do not.... I don't see the problem. Those of us that have bumped up against the 4.29 limit simply spread the credits across multiple characters. There is certainly no burden in doing so... and some actual risk mitigation in doing so (ie: in case a character, or in this case the legacy wallet, are not a single point of failure due to a bug or something).

I think I saw something about a new limit of 100 billion, but I may have been imagining things.

I think I saw something about a new limit of 100 billion, but I may have been imagining things.

The livestream around the Fall Roadmap included: "If I remember right, it's 100 billion [...] It may be 100 million, that's probably more like it. Who would need more than that, right? Yeah, but, it's a hundred something, it's probably billion."

About 42 minutes into

• 2 years later...
Is there a GB limit?

This is a 32-bit game, so the highest number that a 32-bit long integer can represent is basically the cap Tex listed, 4.5 billion.

A 64-bit game could have a signed long integer value of 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

GTN whales would max that in a couple of days.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I had over 6 bil in the bank, so the limit must be higher.

4,294,967,295 is the highest 32-bit number (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4,294,967,295) so the back-end database must be 64-bit.

I'm trying to think of a 32-bit expression that would be higher than 4.2B that would make sense to use, but a long int is the only thing that comes to mind.

If you have higher than 4 billion, the cut-off must be EA's own.

Edited by xordevoreaux

4,294,967,295 is the highest 32-bit number (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4,294,967,295) so the back-end database must be 64-bit.

I'm trying to think of a 32-bit expression that would be higher than 4.2B that would make sense to use, but a long int is the only thing that comes to mind.

If you have higher than 4 billion, the cut-off must be EA's own.

Don't overthink it, you are forgeting that storing and procesing are two different process. Databases could store 64 bit numbers (big/long INT) before 64bit systems. At one point(engine,compiler or code) there are extra operations, but can be very transparent.

Edited by Balameb

With 5.6 we will be able to deposit credits into the legacy bank. Just what is the max amount we can deposit, and is there a limit on F2P and/or Preferred Accounts?

I'm not sure what the maximum is, but I had 100 million in my Legacy bank a while ago. (I spent a bunch, so there's only a couple of mil there now.)

Character credit limit is 4,294,817,295.

Guild bank limit is 4,294,967,295.

The legacy bank has a unique credit limit. There is no exact credit limit, but once you have deposited 100 billion credits it will not let you deposit anymore. No warning or pop-up like you get with the other banks. Example: you can deposit 100 billion 100 million and it will let you. It will not let you deposit anymore. You will have to drop below 100 billion before you can deposit any more. It becomes a game unto itself trying to manage significant credits with all the limits.

Added example

https://imgur.com/a/iV6dBPV

Edited by Drew_Braxton

I'm not sure what the maximum is, but I had 100 million in my Legacy bank a while ago. (I spent a bunch, so there's only a couple of mil there now.)

I remember the beginning of last year when 100m seemed a lot to me. I’ve now a few billion in the legacy bank. And a few in the guild banks. Shame it’s not my RL bank account :rolleyes:

This is a 32-bit game, so the highest number that a 32-bit long integer can represent is basically the cap Tex listed, 4.5 billion.

A 64-bit game could have a signed long integer value of 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

GTN whales would max that in a couple of days.

You’re thinking of processing power. It’s completely unrelated. .

You’re thinking of processing power. It’s completely unrelated. .

No, that's basically correct, it has nothing to do with processing power. The character credit cap works exactly like described, it's a specific datatype that can store a value up to 4,294,967,295 (if memory serves, the character credit limit is exactly 150k below that), so that will often be the highest possible number you'll see in 32-bit games.

There are some ways around it, and they've clearly used one for the legacy bay.

Edited by cyrusramsey

No, that's basically correct, it has nothing to do with processing power. The character credit cap works exactly like described, it's a specific datatype that can store a value up to 4,294,967,295 (if memory serves, the character credit limit is exactly 150k below that), so that will often be the highest possible number you'll see in 32-bit games.

There are some ways around it, and they've clearly used one for the legacy bay.

Were talking data storage though. 32bit has nothing to do with that. Plus, I’ve seen people post they have more credits than that in the legacy back. So either they are lying or this assumed cap is wrong.

Has anyone got a screen shot of the cap to show us. Or have you guys personally reached the cap and can show us?

Were talking data storage though. 32bit has nothing to do with that. Plus, I’ve seen people post they have more credits than that in the legacy back. So either they are lying or this assumed cap is wrong.

Has anyone got a screen shot of the cap to show us. Or have you guys personally reached the cap and can show us?

I posted a screenshot a few posts back.

Nice, sorry I missed it.

100 bil :D now I feel poor with a few bil.

I don't think they intended credit balances to reach that high based on the caps because after you hit the cap you need to start spreading smaller amounts around. Its a pain. But with the inflation the way it was/is it is very easy to be a billionaire now-a-days. They need to pump more credit sinks for players that have been around for a long time. Once you have all the decos, mounts, and other toys there is nothing to spend it on.

We're not talking about data storage, we're talking about memory. To be able to use (or even see) the amount, it needs to be in active memory. They create a variable of a certain datatype to manipulate/display the data via code, this datatype is very much dependent on whether it runs on 32/64 bit and is commonly the limiting factor, like it very clearly is for character credit count.

But I also said that there are ways around it, which they obviously applied for the legacy bays..

Edited by cyrusramsey

The simplest way around the limit of 32 bit is easy... It's called a Counter. Every tick on the counter is another 4,294,967,295 then clear the original value and start again. So one Database entry would be a counter and the other would be the amount multiplied by the Counter. So 4,294,967,295 (the amount) x 4,294,967,295 (the total number of counter entry's)= 1.844674406511962e+19 or way more than you would ever need. Edited by denavin